Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you guys think!? [Dead Sets]

• purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the sets listed are viable but not bis. Viable sets will get you through the content and allow you to be reasonably effective at your role. I agree some are junk and should be outright taken out of the game if they hve no plans to make them viable. Why offer something in the game that will simply not get you through the content? Other than to frustrate new players, what would be the purpose of keeping them?
    Give 'er eh!
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Some sets have become completely useless? I wanted to make this thread to throw down sets you believe have always been useless, and or useless after a nerf?

What is dead today could just turn into tomorrow's "meta".

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the risk of inviting "you moron, that set is awesome" posts, here is my personal list of scrap. This is driven primarily by inventory control and lack of use. While some sets may be useful, I believe there is another set that outperforms it, that's why it made the list.

Affliction
    Arch Mage
    Armor Master
    Baharaha’s Curse
    Bark Skin
    Buffer of the Swift
    Combat Physician
    Crest of Cyrodiil
    Crusader
    Deadly Strike
    Defiler
    Destruction Mastery
    Draugr’s Rest
    Dreamers
    Dreugh King Slayer
    Embershield
    Essence Thief
    Eternal Warrior
    Footman
    Glorious Defender
    Grace of the Ancients
    Hanu’s Compassion
    Hatchlings Shell
    Haven of Ursus
    Healer’s Habit
    Hunt Leader
    Ice Furnace
    Immortal Warrior
    Inventor’s Guard
    Invigoration
    Jolting Arms
    Juggernaut
    Knight Errant Mail
    Knightmare
    Light Speaker
    Lunar Bastion
    Mad Tinkerer
    Medusa
    Morihaus
    Netch Touch
    Nikulas’ Heavy Armor
    Noble Duelist
    Oblivion’s Edge
    Order of Diagna
    Orgnum’s Scales
    Overwhelming Surge
    Pelinal’s Aptitude
    Prayer Shawl
    Quick Serpent
    Ranger’s Gait
    Rattlecage
    Red Mountain
    Robes of the Necromancer
    Scathing Mage
    Sergeant’s Mail
    Sentry
    Shalk Exoskleton
    Spelunker
    Spider Cultist
    Storm Knight
    Storm Master
    Stygian
    Svarra’s Scales
    Sword Dancer
    Sword Singer
    Syrabane’s Grip
    Toothrow
    Tormentor
    Treasure Hunter
    Trinimac’s Valor
    Truth
    Twin Sisters
    Undaunted Bastion
    Undaunted Infiltrator
    Unfathomable Darkness
    Vampire Cloak
    Vampire Lord
    Vanguard
    Vanus
    Warlock
    Warrior Poet
    Way of Fire
    Way of the Air
    Wise Mage
    Witchman
    Withered Hand
    Wrath of the Imperium
    Ysgramor’s Birthright

Your coworkers must be mad you spent so much time not working and trying to think of all those sets lol. or did you have a list already prepared for a while ago or something?
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the risk of inviting "you moron, that set is awesome" posts, here is my personal list of scrap. This is driven primarily by inventory control and lack of use. While some sets may be useful, I believe there is another set that outperforms it, that's why it made the list.

Affliction
    Arch Mage
    Armor Master
    Baharaha’s Curse
    Bark Skin
    Buffer of the Swift
    Combat Physician
    Crest of Cyrodiil
    Crusader
    Deadly Strike
    Defiler
    Destruction Mastery
    Draugr’s Rest
    Dreamers
    Dreugh King Slayer
    Embershield
    Essence Thief
    Eternal Warrior
    Footman
    Glorious Defender
    Grace of the Ancients
    Hanu’s Compassion
    Hatchlings Shell
    Haven of Ursus
    Healer’s Habit
    Hunt Leader
    Ice Furnace
    Immortal Warrior
    Inventor’s Guard
    Invigoration
    Jolting Arms
    Juggernaut
    Knight Errant Mail
    Knightmare
    Light Speaker
    Lunar Bastion
    Mad Tinkerer
    Medusa
    Morihaus
    Netch Touch
    Nikulas’ Heavy Armor
    Noble Duelist
    Oblivion’s Edge
    Order of Diagna
    Orgnum’s Scales
    Overwhelming Surge
    Pelinal’s Aptitude
    Prayer Shawl
    Quick Serpent
    Ranger’s Gait
    Rattlecage
    Red Mountain
    Robes of the Necromancer
    Scathing Mage
    Sergeant’s Mail
    Sentry
    Shalk Exoskleton
    Spelunker
    Spider Cultist
    Storm Knight
    Storm Master
    Stygian
    Svarra’s Scales
    Sword Dancer
    Sword Singer
    Syrabane’s Grip
    Toothrow
    Tormentor
    Treasure Hunter
    Trinimac’s Valor
    Truth
    Twin Sisters
    Undaunted Bastion
    Undaunted Infiltrator
    Unfathomable Darkness
    Vampire Cloak
    Vampire Lord
    Vanguard
    Vanus
    Warlock
    Warrior Poet
    Way of Fire
    Way of the Air
    Wise Mage
    Witchman
    Withered Hand
    Wrath of the Imperium
    Ysgramor’s Birthright

Only set I would disagree on is Hanus. There are also probably another 20+ sets that could be added.
    Edited by FakeFox on November 1, 2018 3:18PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the sets listed are viable but not bis. Viable sets will get you through the content and allow you to be reasonably effective at your role. I agree some are junk and should be outright taken out of the game if they hve no plans to make them viable. Why offer something in the game that will simply not get you through the content? Other than to frustrate new players, what would be the purpose of keeping them?
    This, many overland sets are very cheap who makes them perfect for players who has just reached cp160 or are poor and want to equip alts. Its pretty easy to get non bis dungeon sets from others. An cp163 healer got an 5 piece combat physician set in an dungeon run yesterday. Miles ahead of something he could expect so early and not an bad set for an low cp.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you take this logic to its natural conclusion, there should only be maybe six sets in the game: the two that tanks use, the two that healers use, and the two that DD's use. But it's not quite like that, is it?

There would also be no point in ZOS ever adding a set, unless it replaced one of those six, which would immediately need removing.
  • trashcannot
    SirAndy wrote: »
    In the future, please forward all questions on this topic to Sir Andy. I’m sure he has very detailed and proven builds using sets like Spelunker where he can bust out 45k DPS no problem.

My pet Sorc can do 40k+ skeleton parses with 5x Netch's Touch and 5x Spider Cultist, but yeah, all trash ...
    rolleyes.gifslap.gif

I would like to see this parse
    "My heart betrayed, I took her soul,
    Cracked it with vicious fray,
    Eternal now will be her pain,
    'Tis the fate of Alanwe"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    regime211 wrote: »
    Some sets have become completely useless? I wanted to make this thread to throw down sets you believe have always been useless, and or useless after a nerf?

What is dead today could just turn into tomorrow's "meta".

I sure wish I had saved any AY jewelry or weapons I got over the past 4 years before it became meta.

I also use the Oblivion set to fill soul gems.
    Edited by Katahdin on November 1, 2018 4:28PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just because 1 person or a few people on the forum dont like a set, does not mean we all agree!

Great way to Destroy somebodies Builds.
    please stop trying to Nerf everything in eso.
    please stop trying to have sets changed
    this has to stop guys
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 1, 2018 4:29PM
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Bahraha’s Curse still has a place in self-sustain tanking and can singlehandedly replace a healer even on a vamp tank. It pairs very well with Argonian and spell pen too.

Bahraha's is my go to set for when I want to solo more challenging stuff. And if you take a look at the prices for it on the traders you'll realise it's quite popular.

I also use it for soloing with my magplar (along with War Maidens). I wish more sets came in all weights like Bahraha’s.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Affliction
    Arch Mage
    Armor Master
    Baharaha’s Curse
    Bark Skin
    Buffer of the Swift
    Combat Physician
    Crest of Cyrodiil
    Crusader
    Deadly Strike
    Defiler
    Destruction Mastery
    Draugr’s Rest
    Dreamers
    Dreugh King Slayer
    Embershield
    Essence Thief
    Eternal Warrior
    Footman
    Glorious Defender
    Grace of the Ancients
    Hanu’s Compassion
    Hatchlings Shell
    Haven of Ursus
    Healer’s Habit
    Hunt Leader
    Ice Furnace
    Immortal Warrior
    Inventor’s Guard
    Invigoration
    Jolting Arms
    Juggernaut
    Knight Errant Mail
    Knightmare
    Light Speaker
    Lunar Bastion
    Mad Tinkerer
    Medusa
    Morihaus
    Netch Touch
    Nikulas’ Heavy Armor
    Noble Duelist
    Oblivion’s Edge
    Order of Diagna
    Orgnum’s Scales
    Overwhelming Surge
    Pelinal’s Aptitude
    Prayer Shawl
    Quick Serpent
    Ranger’s Gait
    Rattlecage
    Red Mountain
    Robes of the Necromancer
    Scathing Mage
    Sergeant’s Mail
    Sentry
    Shalk Exoskleton
    Spelunker
    Spider Cultist
    Storm Knight
    Storm Master
    Stygian
    Svarra’s Scales
    Sword Dancer
    Sword Singer
    Syrabane’s Grip
    Toothrow
    Tormentor
    Treasure Hunter
    Trinimac’s Valor
    Truth
    Twin Sisters
    Undaunted Bastion
    Undaunted Infiltrator
    Unfathomable Darkness
    Vampire Cloak
    Vampire Lord
    Vanguard
    Vanus
    Warlock
    Warrior Poet
    Way of Fire
    Way of the Air
    Wise Mage
    Witchman
    Withered Hand
    Wrath of the Imperium
    Ysgramor’s Birthright

Let's go 1 by 1....

Bahraha's Curse has tons of survival / soloing potential. I wish stats were either magicka or stam, and that trap thing is kinda useless, but the self healing is great.

Combat physician is not actually a bad set, if your focus is keeping the group alive in 4 mans. It's only bad in the eyes of the "healers must buff" meta, but admittedly there are better healing sets anyway.

Dreamer's also has solo potential. It has a built in "oh cr@p" button, which is nice for certain content.

Dreugh king was popular in PvP apparently, until they nerfed the speed duration.

Ice furnace has some use for ice-oriented magdens, apparently. If you're a dunmer with that fire bonus, in certain situations it can do decent dps.

Light speaker is another great set for healers who actually want to, you know, heal. Even if it only buffed springs, it would still be useful. It won't be meta ever, but that's only because our meta is so obsessed with healers and tanks buffing.

Mad tinkerer is used in some meme builds, though I've never used it.

Netch's touch is great for lightning-oriented sorcs. Not BiS, but certainly good. For some players it might actually be better than meta sets simply because it's easier to keep uptime on LL and WoL than to animation cancel do perfect rotations.

Red mountain was popular in PvP once upon a time, but it's still useful for players who are still learning / have plateaued in skill and proc sets are just better dps than what they can accomplish manually. Great for new players.

Scathing mage pairs well with force pulse or force shock, whichever one is used for dps. It has really high uptime for nightblades as well because path procs it I think.

Spider Cultist is another great set for players who aren't super skilled with rotations and can get more dps out of maintaining WoL and force pulse / shock. People often forget that all of Alcast's and Gilliam's stuff are assuming perfect rotations, and often times those sets are only the best option for highly skilled players.

Storm knight might be good in certain solo situations, but you can make a meme-y tank dps build by pairing it with thunderbug. Wanna make those low dps runs go faster while tanking? This is how you do it.

Storm master is very niche, but it's good for certain builds. CR pisses me off because targets move around so often, I've been thinking about a light attack-focused build that utilizes sets like these.

Undaunted infiltrator is the same, has potential for certain niche light attack / weave focused builds.

Way of the fire is another half-decent proc option for newer players or any player who doesn't have the skill to do more dps manually. Though viper + red mountain is probably better for most.

Withered hand is great for soloing. I used to run it with dreamers while I would farm the vile manse. RIP Prosperous, despite what everyone said you had a use.....

Imperium has OK-ish uptime and helps a group that is light on heals. Great for covering bad pugs or just running sans-healer. I've been looking into it for my sorc for VMA as well.

Ysgramor's birthright is good for magicka wardens who are ice-oriented. Mine uses it, to some effectiveness, though I might switch to caluurion's legacy for be extra meme-y.

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warrior poet is a solid high health selfish PvE tank set that is very easy to get. With the recent removal of minor toughness from warhorn, the tank will only have high uptime on it with a warden healer, or if they are a warden from self heals.
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    here is my personal list of scrap
    Thank you for giving us a perfect example of why "Set xxx is utter trash and completely useless" posts are completely useless.

Just because someone can't figure out how to make a set work with a build doesn't mean that set is useless for everyone.

It really just means that person couldn't figure it out.
    shades.gif

Thank you for pointing out my lack of insight in this area. To all, especially the OP who asked for others’ thoughts on this subject, I apologize for wasting your time with my replies. I should have known the only appropriate response to the OP’s query is “such threads are completely useless.”

In the future, please forward all questions on this topic to Sir Andy. I’m sure he has very detailed and proven builds using sets like Spelunker where he can bust out 45k DPS no problem.

Oh, and be sure to find out how he stores all of these sets he has figured out how to use effectively. Both are well beyond my intellect and I dare not embarrass myself further.

giphy.gif

I just wanted to repost the Randy Poffo gif. Guy had style, regardless of the made up BS people post about him on the interwebs.
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you moron, that set is awesome

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Love it

• Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not everyone is chasing the latest BiS/meta/cheese. So a set's usefulness is really defined by who wants to use it. That being said, preferring sets that boost survivability and dps, I also tend to ignore 99% of the sets out there. :/
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @El_Borracho It seems I didn't even need to write a list myself, hah.

There are a lot of old sets that could a buff/rework. They should be considered an option or alternative, not a dud you can utilize for leveling and then throw away.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I held onto this set for years, through wave after wave of nerfs and finally deconstructed it all this patch.E4s16Ij.jpg
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on November 1, 2018 5:52PM
    love is love
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just because 1 person or a few people on the forum dont like a set, does not mean we all agree!

this has to stop guys

No arguing with you.
    The ability to combine stuff along with the knowledge of all the different set details can be awesome in the right hands.

However - I'll use the list as a guide to what I crush in my own inventory for mats.
    I have pieces/parts of a lot of sets that I don't have experience with, and/or just don't have the time to test out every combination for myself to see what obscure quirk of a set might be useful as a build 2% to 5% of the time.

I just want to play the game and be reasonably successful soloing most of the time.
    I'm just not good enough to use builds that are too specialized.

:*
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials are interesting as well. I don't care for them, but I feel a majority of the theory crafting is based on dummy parses and not thinking about game play. In pvp, your dps numbers don't matter. Can you live and kill stuff? Nobody cares if you do the same rotation over and over again and take a screenshot of your best parse.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to pick a few off this list...
    Dreugh King Slayer

Has a very niche place in some VMA builds.
    Hatchling's Shell

If you'd written this post a month ago, I'd have agreed with you. Now, HS is in a weird place. It's basically +20% max health, but that health can't really be healed on its own, and just comes back when it feels like (every 15s.) With Bastion, you could be picking up a total of +24% to your effective health.

So, on one hand, it's a lot of health, but that comes with a tradeoff where the initial ticks can't be managed by the healer. So, it's weird. It also doesn't help with any health scaling effects, because it's a damage shield, and the edge cases where you'd want a damage shield for effect, like permafrost, are just goofy. So... *shrugs*
    Morihaus

Not a good set, but a freakin' hilarious one. Morihause is for bowling in PvP. Downside being, because it's heavy armor, you can't stick it in a medium build with dodge roll reductions.
    Oblivion’s Edge

This one is shockingly good, ironically. It's one of the few sets that has 5 bonuses, and on top of that, it's a heal on kill, so there are some uses for it. Not a conventional DPS set, but not terrible.
    Quick Serpent

Cost discounts stack with VO. Which creates an odd outlier where this one can be useful in some limited situations, paired with VO.
    Rattlecage

Can be useful for Templars in PvP. Less so for other classes, but still.
    Undaunted Infiltrator

This one is a bit of a weird situation, because there is one very effective use for it. Take the jewelry and staves, retrait the jewelry to Arcane, and you have an extremely potent magset with one derp set bonus.
    Warlock

Either this or Lich can be very useful for certain burst/sustain setups. Normally Lich is a better choice, but I wouldn't throw this one in a pile of shame.
    Warrior Poet

I'm a little surprised to see this here, but not Green Pact. To be clear I think Plague Doctor is better than WP, but I think Green Pact is a sub-par version of Plague Doctor that trades the Healing Received for Health Recovery (so that's a downgrade), and then ties the final bonus to having a food bonus active (which you should, anyway), instead of simply always on, like Plague Doctor.

Also, with Toughness pulled off of War Horn, the bonus on Warrior Poet isn't something you'll be automatically ignoring constantly in trials now.
    Edited by starkerealm on November 1, 2018 8:24PM
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    Warrior Poet is pretty good, I've ran it on a couple tanks and it shores up defense fairly well.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this has to stop guys

This wasn't a nerf post, it was a post of what people believe is or maybe a useless set, please stop spouting out your anger about nerfs on post that aren't talking about nerfs.
    Edited by regime211 on November 2, 2018 1:15PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

this has to stop guys

No arguing with you.
    The ability to combine stuff along with the knowledge of all the different set details can be awesome in the right hands.

However - I'll use the list as a guide to what I crush in my own inventory for mats.
    I have pieces/parts of a lot of sets that I don't have experience with, and/or just don't have the time to test out every combination for myself to see what obscure quirk of a set might be useful as a build 2% to 5% of the time.

I just want to play the game and be reasonably successful soloing most of the time.

True, if you don't do PvP, PvP sets are useless for you.
    also how much gear you have collected, Vicious Serpent is an nice overland set I think :) Not so useful in an group with good healer and bosses with no adds.
    I don't collect much magic DD gear as magic users is healers for me :)
    Also necro+julianos works well enough
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    twev wrote: »

this has to stop guys

No arguing with you.

True, if you don't do PvP, PvP sets are useless for you.
    also how much gear you have collected, Vicious Serpent is an nice overland set I think :) Not so useful in an group with good healer and bosses with no adds.
    I don't collect much magic DD gear as magic users is healers for me :)
    Also necro+julianos works well enough

VO is perennially useful. It's a five bonus set, so even though the 3pc is Minor Slayer, you're not giving up much. The resource return and expedition buff are only useful if you're killing things, but 5pc does still reduce the cost of your stam abilities by 8%. So, it stays viable in PvP (because you'll be killing things), and stays viable in single target boss fights (though there are better options there.)

Ironically, it outperforms Celerity in most situations, simply because the "normal" bonuses are better.
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    I use 5 piece Unfathomable darkness, and 5 piece Red Mountian as a Stam DK, and my god it’s a blast to play. I pulled it from a website for ‘murder of fire’ but it’s high dps and crows and fireballs exploding everywhere. It’s great
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Affliction
    Arch Mage
    Armor Master
    Baharaha’s Curse
    Bark Skin
    Buffer of the Swift
    Combat Physician
    Crest of Cyrodiil
    Crusader
    Deadly Strike
    Defiler
    Destruction Mastery
    Draugr’s Rest
    Dreamers
    Dreugh King Slayer
    Embershield
    Essence Thief
    Eternal Warrior
    Footman
    Glorious Defender
    Grace of the Ancients
    Hanu’s Compassion
    Hatchlings Shell
    Haven of Ursus
    Healer’s Habit
    Hunt Leader
    Ice Furnace
    Immortal Warrior
    Inventor’s Guard
    Invigoration
    Jolting Arms
    Juggernaut
    Knight Errant Mail
    Knightmare
    Light Speaker
    Lunar Bastion
    Mad Tinkerer
    Medusa
    Morihaus
    Netch Touch
    Nikulas’ Heavy Armor
    Noble Duelist
    Oblivion’s Edge
    Order of Diagna
    Orgnum’s Scales
    Overwhelming Surge
    Pelinal’s Aptitude
    Prayer Shawl
    Quick Serpent
    Ranger’s Gait
    Rattlecage
    Red Mountain
    Robes of the Necromancer
    Scathing Mage
    Sergeant’s Mail
    Sentry
    Shalk Exoskleton
    Spelunker
    Spider Cultist
    Storm Knight
    Storm Master
    Stygian
    Svarra’s Scales
    Sword Dancer
    Sword Singer
    Syrabane’s Grip
    Toothrow
    Tormentor
    Treasure Hunter
    Trinimac’s Valor
    Truth
    Twin Sisters
    Undaunted Bastion
    Undaunted Infiltrator
    Unfathomable Darkness
    Vampire Cloak
    Vampire Lord
    Vanguard
    Vanus
    Warlock
    Warrior Poet
    Way of Fire
    Way of the Air
    Wise Mage
    Witchman
    Withered Hand
    Wrath of the Imperium
    Ysgramor’s Birthright

I've heard of like 4 of these sets. I've got more than 1000 hours in ESO
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This, many overland sets are very cheap who makes them perfect for players who has just reached cp160 or are poor and want to equip alts. Its pretty easy to get non bis dungeon sets from others. An cp163 healer got an 5 piece combat physician set in an dungeon run yesterday. Miles ahead of something he could expect so early and not an bad set for an low cp.

lol my healer still runs Combat Physician; haven't had any complaints, even in vet content. Mostly because my accumulation of better healing sets is a mess and I've got pieces from at least 4 different sets mixed and thrown in a box in my house because I haven't worked out what pieces I have from each to make full sets.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sithis' Touch is the ultimate useless set
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

While I agree with your general sentiment I do think the niche BoP dungeon sets are in a bad place. Having to rely on RNG to get a set together just to try out a build idea can get really frustrating. I have spend waaaay too much time getting full sets of combat physician and overwhelming surge together (not as a combo). Especially when you want to combine two dungeon sets and thus need weapons and jewelry. Useless certainly is too strong a word but you do have to wonder if some sets are worth the effort, considering how good some crafted and overland sets are.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

While I agree with your general sentiment I do think the niche BoP dungeon sets are in a bad place. Having to rely on RNG to get a set together just to try out a build idea can get really frustrating. I have spend waaaay too much time getting full sets of combat physician and overwhelming surge together (not as a combo). Especially when you want to combine two dungeon sets and thus need weapons and jewelry. Useless certainly is too strong a word but you do have to wonder if some sets are worth the effort, considering how good some crafted and overland sets are.

PC players have a pretty good option here in the form of PTS. Fairly painless to test out new builds and new gear combinations there if you have some friends or guildies willing to run content with you. But if you're a console player... yeah, that's rough. :(