The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The Indrik mount is not for FREE

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    The OP did make a mistake, but they also did go a little overboard in their response. My initial reaction was the same as many others. But, honest mistake and the OP even acknowledged it.

I just wanted to point out that the CWC DLC will most likely be on a huge discount, if past anniversary events are any indication. I believe that Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood were both 250 Crowns each last year. Orsinium was 350, iirc. I don't have CWC yet on PC, but I'm planning to pick it up when the anniversary event starts.

Oh good point.

I'm planning to get it when the anniversary starts too. I was always going to get it at some point but I was waiting until I actually wanted to play it in some form (either when I got to that point in the story or when I wanted to do something else included in it) and it looks like this festival is going to be the first time I have a reason to play it. It will be really nice if it's discounted too.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    Myyth wrote: »
    it is possible to buy the clockwork DLC with gold now by getting it gifted to you.
    So technically it is "free" in that you do not have to spend real cash. I bought clockwork for 400K gold.

Wow, really @Myyth? That seems super cheap. Is that standard gold:crown pricing?
    (I've never bought Crown Store stuff from people with in-game gold)

I think the average rate is 200gold per crown, but some charge less, some more.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    K0rpeN wrote: »
    Don't go out for a drink twice = save money to buy CWC

Unless you think that everything should be absolutely free... let me see you work for free then.

twice?!
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it is possible to buy the clockwork DLC with gold now by getting it gifted to you.
    So technically it is "free" in that you do not have to spend real cash. I bought clockwork for 400K gold.

Wow, really @Myyth? That seems super cheap. Is that standard gold:crown pricing?

I think the average rate is 200gold per crown, but some charge less, some more.

Thanks for the info
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is free for me B)
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    You realize that that’s not the OP and they weren’t complaining right?

Nope, did not realize, my bad. Another mistake. My point about entitlement still stands though.
    XBox One - NA
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be very careful who you deal with in such transactions, preferably friends or guildmates only. It's too easy to get scammed otherwise. Take screenshots of the transaction in case you have to submit a ticket.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is incorrect. The Indrik mount is free. Not having the DLC access just means one does not get all 5 variations.

It is a promotion, plain and simple.

I find it hard to believe that someone cannot afford $15 or what will probably be a very small price for the DLC in crowns during the event.

Zos has every right to create events with their DLCs in mind and clearly stated that everything added after they went B2P would require additional payment. Plain and simple.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    John_1999 wrote: »
    As you can read here:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/54935

its completely free.

But you have to own (to buy) the Clockwork City DLC to get access to the Clockwork City event, to get the mount.

To buy = not for free @ ZOS

I want my completely free Indrik mount @ ZOS.

Pleas give the ppl. who dont own the dlc or are not subbing a chance to get it.

As the Article states, you can buy the first feather after 10 days of witches festival, collect 5 days i think more event tickets, skip CWC, do the Undaunted in easy Dungeons, get 3 per day undaunted, after 2 days you buy the CWC Feather and collect more for the undaunted Feather, all in the Article :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a guild that does it. I have bought a few things from the crown store through it. Well worth it.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Be very careful who you deal with in such transactions, preferably friends or guildmates only. It's too easy to get scammed otherwise. Take screenshots of the transaction in case you have to submit a ticket.

A sincere thank you for the heads up, @Tandor! I have no intention of buying Crown stuff this way, but the vulnerability to be scammed is real for people who do.

Good lookin out. :)
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    K0rpeN wrote: »
    Don't go out for a drink twice = save money to buy CWC

Unless you think that everything should be absolutely free... let me see you work for free then.

twice?!

IKR. Even at full price for the DLC, it would cost way less than a single night out drinking for me. But as they say YMMV.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... Zos are bad zos are greedy zos misinforming you...
    because you can't even read the full article?
    because you refuse to buy cwc even for gold thru gifting?
    because you don't want to wait for another event coming next year?
    What's your problem actually?
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naw even with that logic its still "free". I mean you could say the summerset house isn't free because you don't own summerset. Or the mount that came with Morrowind purchase <for no additoinal money> wasn't free because....you had to purchase morrowind.

CWC is old content.

Consider it a BOGO
    Edited by karekiz on October 20, 2018 11:58PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    It's even worse than that! Do you realise that you have to BUY the game to be able to get an indrik mount? And to buy a PC, or a XBone, or a Piss4, to be able to play it? And, if you are on console, to buy a live account.

I won't stop fighting untill I can get an Indrik mount while sleeping on my shitter.

Thanks for that. Diet Mountain Dew right through the nose.

:)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I must agree with the op.. Its kinda Bait saying something is free and its not..
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    Is there something special about the mount to account for all that effort?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pkuronen wrote: »
    Is there something special about the mount to account for all that effort?

It evolves!

The dark brotherhood quests I haven't done before
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you can read here:

its completely free.

But you have to own (to buy) the Clockwork City DLC to get access to the Clockwork City event, to get the mount.

Give me, give me, give me....smh
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As you can read here:

its completely free.

Did you even read the article you linked? If you say you have, I'll say you're lying or at least you should read again.

Btw, read again.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i really wish you guys would stop being such jerks. it was an honest mistake, and the information has been pointed out that he can get the indrik mount without CWC, so please chill

Nah... No chill. This person was so quick to come here pollute the forum with useless, baseless whining, going so far as linking an article to support his whining but he failed to even read it first.

C'mon... That's why this forum had the whiny Fame it has. People are too lazy and too accommodated to do anything by themselves so they come here so we can tell them "read the article again". This isn't ok. This isn't ok at all.

Rant over. Sorry.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's even worse than that! Do you realise that you have to BUY the game to be able to get an indrik mount? And to buy a PC, or a XBone, or a Piss4, to be able to play it? And, if you are on console, to buy a live account.

I won't stop fighting untill I can get an Indrik mount while sleeping on my shitter.

You had me at piss4
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    i really wish you guys would stop being such jerks. it was an honest mistake, and the information has been pointed out that he can get the indrik mount without CWC, so please chill

Nah... No chill. This person was so quick to come here pollute the forum with useless, baseless whining, going so far as linking an article to support his whining but he failed to even read it first.

C'mon... That's why this forum had the whiny Fame it has. People are too lazy and too accommodated to do anything by themselves so they come here so we can tell them "read the article again". This isn't ok. This isn't ok at all.

Rant over. Sorry.
    Sorry but I have to agree with Matthew on this now. At this point so many people keep yelling at the Op even though it already got resolved, now y’all are looking like jerks.

• Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    You can have a maximum of 12 tickets in your inventory.
    Where is 12 slots? I can see only 10.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Rant over. Sorry.
    Sorry but I have to agree with Matthew on this now. At this point so many people keep yelling at the Op even though it already got resolved, now y’all are looking like jerks.

Yeah, I guess. I'm a jerk but at least I know how to get information out of an article and I also try to make sure whatever questions I may have aren't already answered in said article.

That said, it was indeed a lot of bashing. I'm not that sorry though. I'm not the one creating pointless unnecessary flooding in the forums.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    majulook wrote: »
    You can have a maximum of 12 tickets in your inventory.
    Where is 12 slots? I can see only 10.

Should come with update on Monday, iirc. Along with a few welcome changes on something I don't remember now but it's actually really good. I think the time in which the "day" resets. Not sure
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    I must agree with the op.. Its kinda Bait saying something is free and its not..

It pretty much seems free. If only the one DLC is involved, the rest being base game activities, then anyone can get the mount. Only one variation would be locked out.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

You had me at piss4

Lol thanks, but it's not from me. If you want a good laugh, go read this.
    https://cad-comic.com/category/the-console-wars/
    XBox One - NA
  • KhajiitWarlord
    Turns out OP was just taking a p!ss. That ESO Plus trial must be really helpful in getting those CWC event tickets, I figure.
    Edited by KhajiitWarlord on November 17, 2018 9:52AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you can read here:

its completely free.

Following that logic the "base" game is not free either... ;)