Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Indrik mount is not for FREE

John_1999
John_1999
✭✭✭
As you can read here:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/54935

its completely free.

But you have to own (to buy) the Clockwork City DLC to get access to the Clockwork City event, to get the mount.

To buy = not for free @ ZOS

I want my completely free Indrik mount @ ZOS.

Pleas give the ppl. who dont own the dlc or are not subbing a chance to get it.
Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
-There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think you'll still be able to get it but it will take you longer because you'll need another event to get the tickets and feathers

The feathers will be still be available after each event
    Edited by Katahdin on October 19, 2018 2:20PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a reward for people who invest time and money in this game.

No free rides in life.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on October 20, 2018 11:52PM
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can accumulate enough tickets from the other three events to buy four feathers.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John_1999 wrote: »
    As you can read here:

its completely free.

But you have to own (to buy) the Clockwork City DLC to get access to the Clockwork City event, to get the mount.

if you bothered reading the ful article you would know that you can get extra tickets from every event and can purchase previous indrik feathers from an event you didn't get enough tickets for since all of the event currency is the same.

assuming you got 10 from the first event, skipped the second, got 20 tickets from the third, and got 10 from the forth you could buy all 4 feathers and get your indrik.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earn extra feathers, buy the clockwork event feather from the next event.

It's certainly more convenient if you have CWC, but it's not mandatory.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭
    As you can read here:

its completely free.

if you bothered reading the ful article you would know that you can get extra tickets from every event and can purchase previous indrik feathers from an event you didn't get enough tickets for since all of the event currency is the same.

assuming you got 10 from the first event, skipped the second, got 20 tickets from the third, and got 10 from the forth you could buy all 4 feathers and get your indrik.

oh, did not know that, ty
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's even worse than that! Do you realise that you have to BUY the game to be able to get an indrik mount? And to buy a PC, or a XBone, or a Piss4, to be able to play it? And, if you are on console, to buy a live account.

I won't stop fighting untill I can get an Indrik mount while sleeping on my shitter.
    XBox One - NA
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be able to get all four feathers easily no DLC required.

1. You can have a maximum of 12 tickets in your inventory.
    2. You need 10 tickets to get a feather.
    3. You can turn in 10 tickets at any time for a feather.
    4. Schedule of Tickets that can be earned during events:

Witches Festival: October 18 – November 1
    You will receive ONE Event Ticket alongside the first Dremora Plunder Skull you earn each day

Clockwork City Celebration Event: November 15 - 26
    Complete a Clockwork City Daily Quest. You will receive TWO Event Tickets from the first daily quest you complete each day

Undaunted Celebration Event: November 29 – December 5
    Complete a Undaunted Quest. You will receive THREE Event Tickets from the final boss of the first dungeon you complete.

New Life Festival December 13 – January 2
    Complete a New Life festival quest, You will receive ONE Event Ticket the first time you complete a New Life festival quest each day

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • K0rpeN
    K0rpeN
    ✭✭✭
    Don't go out for a drink twice = save money to buy CWC

Unless you think that everything should be absolutely free... let me see you work for free then.
  • EliteWarrior
    EliteWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    It's even worse than that! Do you realise that you have to BUY the game to be able to get an indrik mount? And to buy a PC, or a XBone, or a Piss4, to be able to play it? And, if you are on console, to buy a live account.

I won't stop fighting untill I can get an Indrik mount while sleeping on my shitter.

I completely agree!
    I also didn't realise that I had to GRIND to get certain items!!! They should be handed to me on a plate!!
    PC | EU
    Main: Stam DK
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really wish you guys would stop being such jerks. it was an honest mistake, and the information has been pointed out that he can get the indrik mount without CWC, so please chill
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incidentally the same goes for people who will miss tickets/feathers for other reasons too. If you can't or won't do dungeons for the Undaunted celebration, or you're away over Christmas and New Year and miss the New Life feather or whatever else you can use other events to catch up.

I'm not sure how long this is going on for, hopefully it's a permanent system and they'll just periodically add new rewards (although it's going to be a while before the full set of indrik mounts is released anyway) so eventually everyone will be able to get at least one and probably all the ones they want.

Of course if you don't own CWC, don't do dungeons AND you miss days from other events it's going to take you a very long time to get an indrik...but even so you'll get there eventually.

(And for the inevitable people who have some kind of objection to getting an indrik mount and want to refuse to get it - you can only hold 12 tickets so if you never use them to buy feathers and berries you'll eventually stop getting them and can forget they exist.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    shhh, i'll smuggle you some tickets from clockwork city.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is though.
    PS5 EU.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of these replies definitely show the worst of people. The op made a mistake so that gave you the right to bash them?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I mistaken, or during the DLC anniversary events don't they open up the DLC zones to everyone anyway?

(I'm ESO+, so I'm honestly asking as I don't know.)
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    Am I mistaken, or during the DLC anniversary events don't they open up the DLC zones to everyone anyway?

Good question. In some previous events, they did open up all areas to everyone. Pretty sure this one will not though from reading the article. Will see if I can post the reference later.

Edit: Reference

To earn Event Tickets during the Clockwork City Celebration Event, you must complete the DLC zone’s daily quests. You will receive two Event Tickets from the first daily quest you complete each day (in addition to the other regular rewards). You must own or have access to the Clockwork City DLC game pack in order to participate in this event.
    Edited by Donny_Vito on October 19, 2018 3:39PM
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you can read here:

its completely free.

I'm sorry but your logic is slightly flawed.
    Even if they remove the requirements you claim for the Clockwork City you still have to purchase the base game of Elder Scrolls Online so if you apply the same logic you are using then they must figure out a way to give you an Indrik mount without owning Elder Scrolls Online at all and to expect that is ludicris.

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As you can read here:

its completely free.

Just wait for the next event
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really wish you guys would stop being such jerks. it was an honest mistake, and the information has been pointed out that he can get the indrik mount without CWC, so please chill

Nobody is questioning the honest mistake, they're just fed up with the sense of entitlement that leads some people these days to expect to get everything for nothing. If the OP had worded his complaint differently even allowing for his lack of understanding as to the true situation he would have got a very different response.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think they open it up for everyone, but some anniversary events might coincide with free ESO+ trials, which means everyone is able to access all the DLC.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's completely free, it would just take longer to get enough feathers if you don't have Clockwork City. You'll have to wait for whatever event happens after New Life Festival.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

I completely agree!
    I also didn't realise that I had to GRIND to get certain items!!! They should be handed to me on a plate!!

On a plate? You mean I would have to move a hand and actually lift them? I won't be satisfied until they directly drop it on my vegetative body!
    XBox One - NA
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

As @Tandor explained, our point is not that you made a mistake about your ability to get it. Our point is that you felt entitled to have every cool freebie even if you only bought the base game. Zos still has a huge team to pay to keep developping this game. It would have been a fair for them to block this mount (which btw, is completly unnecessary. It's only a nice cosmetic feature) behind a 1yo dlc.

When they announced the summerfall event, I didn't own Summerset. I didn't come on the forums to cry that I wanted this huge villa too, and that it-wasn't-fair-that-people-who-bought-the-game-and-even-paid-eso+-subscription-were-denied-this-and-blablabla. I wanted the villa, so I got my credit card out and supported the developers.

If you're short on budget, and can only afford the base game, that is completly fine. You still have dozens of zones and thousands of quests to enjoy. And you can also get free costumes, pets and mounts from that base game. Hundreds of hours of enjoyment for a 30$ game. Not many developpers can offer the same thing. So next time ZOS offers a nice-to-have thingie behind a very low paywall (which, as you realized, isn't even the case here), you will have 2 choices. Either support those people that don't work for free, or pass you turn. Whining on the forums is never an option.
    XBox One - NA
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

Good question. In some previous events, they did open up all areas to everyone. Pretty sure this one will not though from reading the article. Will see if I can post the reference later.

Edit: Reference

To earn Event Tickets during the Clockwork City Celebration Event, you must complete the DLC zone’s daily quests. You will receive two Event Tickets from the first daily quest you complete each day (in addition to the other regular rewards). You must own or have access to the Clockwork City DLC game pack in order to participate in this event.

Thanks for digging up a reference! Good stuff.

Danikat wrote: »

I don't think they open it up for everyone, but some anniversary events might coincide with free ESO+ trials, which means everyone is able to access all the DLC.

Maybe that's what I was thinking of. Kind of hard to accurately remember the "this stuff is open to everyone" events when you're on ESO+. Thanks for the point, I hadn't thought of those free ESO+ weekends.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to add the price you paid for your PC or console. That "free" mount is costing you hundreds of dollars.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As @Tandor explained, our point is not that you made a mistake about your ability to get it. Our point is that you felt entitled to have every cool freebie even if you only bought the base game. Zos still has a huge team to pay to keep developping this game. It would have been a fair for them to block this mount (which btw, is completly unnecessary. It's only a nice cosmetic feature) behind a 1yo dlc.

When they announced the summerfall event, I didn't own Summerset. I didn't come on the forums to cry that I wanted this huge villa too, and that it-wasn't-fair-that-people-who-bought-the-game-and-even-paid-eso+-subscription-were-denied-this-and-blablabla. I wanted the villa, so I got my credit card out and supported the developers.

If you're short on budget, and can only afford the base game, that is completly fine. You still have dozens of zones and thousands of quests to enjoy. And you can also get free costumes, pets and mounts from that base game. Hundreds of hours of enjoyment for a 30$ game. Not many developpers can offer the same thing. So next time ZOS offers a nice-to-have thingie behind a very low paywall (which, as you realized, isn't even the case here), you will have 2 choices. Either support those people that don't work for free, or pass you turn. Whining on the forums is never an option.
    You realize that that’s not the OP and they weren’t complaining right?
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is possible to buy the clockwork DLC with gold now by getting it gifted to you.
    So technically it is "free" in that you do not have to spend real cash. I bought clockwork for 400K gold.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The OP did make a mistake, but they also did go a little overboard in their response. My initial reaction was the same as many others. But, honest mistake and the OP even acknowledged it.

I just wanted to point out that the CWC DLC will most likely be on a huge discount, if past anniversary events are any indication. I believe that Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood were both 250 Crowns each last year. Orsinium was 350, iirc. I don't have CWC yet on PC, but I'm planning to pick it up when the anniversary event starts.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    it is possible to buy the clockwork DLC with gold now by getting it gifted to you.
    So technically it is "free" in that you do not have to spend real cash. I bought clockwork for 400K gold.

Wow, really @Myyth? That seems super cheap. Is that standard gold:crown pricing?
    (I've never bought Crown Store stuff from people with in-game gold)