Give Light Armor a snare break

  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magblade in pvp and pve, but I really like PVP -- I like light armor and if a thing can be added to light armor that is fair, I want it because it helps me remain a wearer of light armor. I think that is good for the game if all armors are viable in relation to the game-play.. for instance, I don't want to be stuck to the ground so much.

    I look forward to the light armor new perk of ...

    "Grace (new name): ... reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 1/2/4% per piece of Light Armor worn, and reduces the cost of Sprint by 1/2/3% per piece of Light Armor worn."
    Kat Ko, magblade
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    As a magblade in pvp and pve, but I really like PVP -- I like light armor and if a thing can be added to light armor that is fair, I want it because it helps me remain a wearer of light armor. I think that is good for the game if all armors are viable in relation to the game-play.. for instance, I don't want to be stuck to the ground so much.

    I look forward to the light armor new perk of ...

    "Grace (new name): ... reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 1/2/4% per piece of Light Armor worn, and reduces the cost of Sprint by 1/2/3% per piece of Light Armor worn."

    That perk is exciting until you realise that stam have substantially stronger snares that mag to begin with.

    Even with 5 Light Armor pieces, a stampede on you will snare you more than you can snare a stam class with any of your snares.

    In reality, that perk is almost worthless.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Efficient Purge will purge it and reduce the next one by 50%
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

    For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Efficient Purge will purge it and reduce the next one by 50%

    At the cost of your entire mag bar. That’s a Cyro Zerg skill really.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Efficient Purge will purge it and reduce the next one by 50%

    great, I can spend 5k magicka to have the duration of snares reduced where stam can spend 2.5k stam to be immune to snares


    lol
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on October 21, 2018 8:27PM


    Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buffing vampire is the answer. Specifically, reducing the over-tuned nasty side effects in PvP.

    If you can open-up an entire skill line by making it viable, that’s good for the health of the game.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    I mean, they've certainly both got their ups and downs. Vampires also get undeath and increased base regen, plus being a vampire doesn't require you to sacrifice one of your weapon choices meaning that using mist vs forward momentum provides you with far more versatility as far as weapon choices/setups go. You sacrifice a burst heal by way of rally to run forward as well.

    The simple fact is though; forward doesn't have a "distinct advantage" over mist, they each have pros and cons. Also, neither skill is exclusive to mag or stam, so to say ONLY stam has access to a good snare immunity is just outright false.

    How about we look at the fact that shuffle is an inferior snare immunity when compared to both forward AND mist, despite requiring 5 pieces of medium armor to be worn and being the armor skill of the designated "mobility" armor weight?

    Idk if you PvP much so I won't make any assumptions - Vampire is terrible in PvP. It's maybe justifiable for some mag classes when trying to solo roam because they're so lacking in mobility (and they usually run heavy to balance it's major weaknesses) but in group or BGs it's terrible.

    You walk into a BG as light armor vampire and any Stam class is going to global you.

    See, on my mag class(es), I run mist in group and drop vamp solo. You dont feel the loss of mobility as much if you position yourself near proper LoS as any experienced solo player should. Sure, snares destroy any non nightblade magicka class if they get caught out, but that's sort of something you need to adjust for.

    In small scale (6 or smaller) you need mist because the size of the groups you're pulling and the distance you're pulling them means theres a lot more time for you to get snared - and you're frequently engaging without a LoS immediately nearby.

    I dont know if you pvp so I won't make any assumptions, but I have over 5,000 hours across 7 different classes IN pvp, never playing in a group larger than 6 and the majority of the time playing solo. I've had a good amount of time to weight the pros and cons of different snare immunities, and the above remarks are my conclusions.

    But once again, neither mist nor forward is limited to mag or stam. The only immunity limited to mag or stam is shuffle being limited to stam, and shuffle is inferior to forward/mist. So I'd say if anything, you're incorrect about "stam having exclusive access to the strongest snare immunities".

    This is the guy who says that PC is superior to console and we don’t know what we are talking about because we aren’t on PTS and is screaming the end of the world for magblade. He tried this belittling angle to me as well in another thread regarding BG MMR because I told him heavy armor magblade is very viable and will be even better next patch. Lol

    You following me from thread to thread now?

    All I did was point out that your argument was seriously flawed. “Damage done” means absolutely nothing in BGs and if you still can’t understand that, you will never improve.

    And for the record, I wasn’t patronising the above poster. Idk what random forum posters spend their time in ESO doing. I do find it hard to not patronise you though, in the same way it’s hard not to patronise toddlers. I suppose it’s not patronising, you’re just speaking at their intellectual capacity.

    Your go-to response to any constructive conversation is to belittle and try to make a snarky comment that “your MMR must be low” or “I assume you don’t pvp much” for anything that goes against your perspective. This post, much like your magblade pity party post is one in the same. I told you that heavy armor or defensive sets can help your survivability and I immediately must be a bad player. What if I told you I also have a 2H magblade build for..FORWARD MOMENTUM?! Is this a radical solution to this entire thread. Also, you can run escapist poisons, they work wonders.

    2h builds can work.

    Heavy builds can work in CP Cyro because 1vX is about sustaining and capitalising on mistakes.

    Heavy Magblade builds are terrible in BGs because you compromise way too much burst by taking heavy and other mag classes have better steady pressure so are better choices for heavy builds.

    An equally skilled heavy MagDK or Magplar will out-perform a heavy Magblade 100% of the time in BGs.

    You might be proud of your build that you do OK on in a middling MMR but that doesn’t change the facts.

    There you go again diverting any meaningful conversation to pointing to my MMR. I’m a day1 magblade and very knowledgeable in the class. You just refusing to even entertain the idea of heavy armor being viable on a magblade is cringey. You’re so close minded to the class and don’t actually put any thought in to theorycrafting with your class and instead jumping to the forums to ask for buffs to skills rather than adapting to the changes. Like I said, I’m not the one worried about murkmire, I have had my build made for about a month and will be just fine. If you want forward momentum try 5 light shackle with true stats, lich and willpower 2H with skoria it zaan. If you want heavy armor shackle is also a good starting point for any magblade heavy armor build. You’ll probably need stam morph of siphoning to sustain stam but argonian helps a ton. I’m always open to theorycraft discussion but that requires being open minded and not assuming you’re talking to some zergling scrub who did 10 BGs and is rattling off on the forums because that’s not the case here lol.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buffing vampire is the answer. Specifically, reducing the over-tuned nasty side effects in PvP.

    If you can open-up an entire skill line by making it viable, that’s good for the health of the game.

    How would you propose buffing vamp? Many already are vamp or ww but I think the negative effects are necessary otherwise there’s no point in not choosing either. I think that’s where racial passives come in to play for some small benefits to make “non meta” races appealing
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    I mean, they've certainly both got their ups and downs. Vampires also get undeath and increased base regen, plus being a vampire doesn't require you to sacrifice one of your weapon choices meaning that using mist vs forward momentum provides you with far more versatility as far as weapon choices/setups go. You sacrifice a burst heal by way of rally to run forward as well.

    The simple fact is though; forward doesn't have a "distinct advantage" over mist, they each have pros and cons. Also, neither skill is exclusive to mag or stam, so to say ONLY stam has access to a good snare immunity is just outright false.

    How about we look at the fact that shuffle is an inferior snare immunity when compared to both forward AND mist, despite requiring 5 pieces of medium armor to be worn and being the armor skill of the designated "mobility" armor weight?

    Idk if you PvP much so I won't make any assumptions - Vampire is terrible in PvP. It's maybe justifiable for some mag classes when trying to solo roam because they're so lacking in mobility (and they usually run heavy to balance it's major weaknesses) but in group or BGs it's terrible.

    You walk into a BG as light armor vampire and any Stam class is going to global you.

    See, on my mag class(es), I run mist in group and drop vamp solo. You dont feel the loss of mobility as much if you position yourself near proper LoS as any experienced solo player should. Sure, snares destroy any non nightblade magicka class if they get caught out, but that's sort of something you need to adjust for.

    In small scale (6 or smaller) you need mist because the size of the groups you're pulling and the distance you're pulling them means theres a lot more time for you to get snared - and you're frequently engaging without a LoS immediately nearby.

    I dont know if you pvp so I won't make any assumptions, but I have over 5,000 hours across 7 different classes IN pvp, never playing in a group larger than 6 and the majority of the time playing solo. I've had a good amount of time to weight the pros and cons of different snare immunities, and the above remarks are my conclusions.

    But once again, neither mist nor forward is limited to mag or stam. The only immunity limited to mag or stam is shuffle being limited to stam, and shuffle is inferior to forward/mist. So I'd say if anything, you're incorrect about "stam having exclusive access to the strongest snare immunities".

    This is the guy who says that PC is superior to console and we don’t know what we are talking about because we aren’t on PTS and is screaming the end of the world for magblade. He tried this belittling angle to me as well in another thread regarding BG MMR because I told him heavy armor magblade is very viable and will be even better next patch. Lol

    You following me from thread to thread now?

    All I did was point out that your argument was seriously flawed. “Damage done” means absolutely nothing in BGs and if you still can’t understand that, you will never improve.

    And for the record, I wasn’t patronising the above poster. Idk what random forum posters spend their time in ESO doing. I do find it hard to not patronise you though, in the same way it’s hard not to patronise toddlers. I suppose it’s not patronising, you’re just speaking at their intellectual capacity.

    Your go-to response to any constructive conversation is to belittle and try to make a snarky comment that “your MMR must be low” or “I assume you don’t pvp much” for anything that goes against your perspective. This post, much like your magblade pity party post is one in the same. I told you that heavy armor or defensive sets can help your survivability and I immediately must be a bad player. What if I told you I also have a 2H magblade build for..FORWARD MOMENTUM?! Is this a radical solution to this entire thread. Also, you can run escapist poisons, they work wonders.

    2h builds can work.

    Heavy builds can work in CP Cyro because 1vX is about sustaining and capitalising on mistakes.

    Heavy Magblade builds are terrible in BGs because you compromise way too much burst by taking heavy and other mag classes have better steady pressure so are better choices for heavy builds.

    An equally skilled heavy MagDK or Magplar will out-perform a heavy Magblade 100% of the time in BGs.

    You might be proud of your build that you do OK on in a middling MMR but that doesn’t change the facts.

    There you go again diverting any meaningful conversation to pointing to my MMR. I’m a day1 magblade and very knowledgeable in the class. You just refusing to even entertain the idea of heavy armor being viable on a magblade is cringey. You’re so close minded to the class and don’t actually put any thought in to theorycrafting with your class and instead jumping to the forums to ask for buffs to skills rather than adapting to the changes. Like I said, I’m not the one worried about murkmire, I have had my build made for about a month and will be just fine. If you want forward momentum try 5 light shackle with true stats, lich and willpower 2H with skoria it zaan. If you want heavy armor shackle is also a good starting point for any magblade heavy armor build. You’ll probably need stam morph of siphoning to sustain stam but argonian helps a ton. I’m always open to theorycraft discussion but that requires being open minded and not assuming you’re talking to some zergling scrub who did 10 BGs and is rattling off on the forums because that’s not the case here lol.

    You don’t understand the class’ strengths or the concept of relative balance. You’re beyond help.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lockdowns by DKs are just absurd, not only are they costly to break out of but getting spammed by them makes your character completely helpless. It's supposed to be a control not a *** submission. But keep nerfing those sorcs ZOS, we can always use a crittable shield while we get locked down and beat on by DKs or bled to death in under 1 second by broke AF NB bleed/poison builds.
    Edited by Mintaka5 on October 22, 2018 4:48PM
    #buffsorcs

    Play style. Style of play. Play with style!

    PC/NA - Altmer MagSorc DPS
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    I mean, they've certainly both got their ups and downs. Vampires also get undeath and increased base regen, plus being a vampire doesn't require you to sacrifice one of your weapon choices meaning that using mist vs forward momentum provides you with far more versatility as far as weapon choices/setups go. You sacrifice a burst heal by way of rally to run forward as well.

    The simple fact is though; forward doesn't have a "distinct advantage" over mist, they each have pros and cons. Also, neither skill is exclusive to mag or stam, so to say ONLY stam has access to a good snare immunity is just outright false.

    How about we look at the fact that shuffle is an inferior snare immunity when compared to both forward AND mist, despite requiring 5 pieces of medium armor to be worn and being the armor skill of the designated "mobility" armor weight?

    Idk if you PvP much so I won't make any assumptions - Vampire is terrible in PvP. It's maybe justifiable for some mag classes when trying to solo roam because they're so lacking in mobility (and they usually run heavy to balance it's major weaknesses) but in group or BGs it's terrible.

    You walk into a BG as light armor vampire and any Stam class is going to global you.

    See, on my mag class(es), I run mist in group and drop vamp solo. You dont feel the loss of mobility as much if you position yourself near proper LoS as any experienced solo player should. Sure, snares destroy any non nightblade magicka class if they get caught out, but that's sort of something you need to adjust for.

    In small scale (6 or smaller) you need mist because the size of the groups you're pulling and the distance you're pulling them means theres a lot more time for you to get snared - and you're frequently engaging without a LoS immediately nearby.

    I dont know if you pvp so I won't make any assumptions, but I have over 5,000 hours across 7 different classes IN pvp, never playing in a group larger than 6 and the majority of the time playing solo. I've had a good amount of time to weight the pros and cons of different snare immunities, and the above remarks are my conclusions.

    But once again, neither mist nor forward is limited to mag or stam. The only immunity limited to mag or stam is shuffle being limited to stam, and shuffle is inferior to forward/mist. So I'd say if anything, you're incorrect about "stam having exclusive access to the strongest snare immunities".

    This is the guy who says that PC is superior to console and we don’t know what we are talking about because we aren’t on PTS and is screaming the end of the world for magblade. He tried this belittling angle to me as well in another thread regarding BG MMR because I told him heavy armor magblade is very viable and will be even better next patch. Lol

    You following me from thread to thread now?

    All I did was point out that your argument was seriously flawed. “Damage done” means absolutely nothing in BGs and if you still can’t understand that, you will never improve.

    And for the record, I wasn’t patronising the above poster. Idk what random forum posters spend their time in ESO doing. I do find it hard to not patronise you though, in the same way it’s hard not to patronise toddlers. I suppose it’s not patronising, you’re just speaking at their intellectual capacity.

    Your go-to response to any constructive conversation is to belittle and try to make a snarky comment that “your MMR must be low” or “I assume you don’t pvp much” for anything that goes against your perspective. This post, much like your magblade pity party post is one in the same. I told you that heavy armor or defensive sets can help your survivability and I immediately must be a bad player. What if I told you I also have a 2H magblade build for..FORWARD MOMENTUM?! Is this a radical solution to this entire thread. Also, you can run escapist poisons, they work wonders.

    2h builds can work.

    Heavy builds can work in CP Cyro because 1vX is about sustaining and capitalising on mistakes.

    Heavy Magblade builds are terrible in BGs because you compromise way too much burst by taking heavy and other mag classes have better steady pressure so are better choices for heavy builds.

    An equally skilled heavy MagDK or Magplar will out-perform a heavy Magblade 100% of the time in BGs.

    You might be proud of your build that you do OK on in a middling MMR but that doesn’t change the facts.

    There you go again diverting any meaningful conversation to pointing to my MMR. I’m a day1 magblade and very knowledgeable in the class. You just refusing to even entertain the idea of heavy armor being viable on a magblade is cringey. You’re so close minded to the class and don’t actually put any thought in to theorycrafting with your class and instead jumping to the forums to ask for buffs to skills rather than adapting to the changes. Like I said, I’m not the one worried about murkmire, I have had my build made for about a month and will be just fine. If you want forward momentum try 5 light shackle with true stats, lich and willpower 2H with skoria it zaan. If you want heavy armor shackle is also a good starting point for any magblade heavy armor build. You’ll probably need stam morph of siphoning to sustain stam but argonian helps a ton. I’m always open to theorycraft discussion but that requires being open minded and not assuming you’re talking to some zergling scrub who did 10 BGs and is rattling off on the forums because that’s not the case here lol.

    You don’t understand the class’ strengths or the concept of relative balance. You’re beyond help.

    I don’t understand the class strengths..while you sit on the forums crying about needing a light armor snare removal. But I’m the one who doesn’t understand class strengths?

    Lol next patch is going to be hilarious, can’t wait to see all your tears on the forums but I’m hoping you’ll drop magblade because you seem to not be able to adapt to changes. I’ll be embracing all the snares in the world :) *build spoiler alert*
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭
    If the light armor passives for breaking snares and CC are existing I CAN NOT TELL. Seven times out of ten, I'm dying because I'm CC'd to the ground and I can't move. I can't heal. I can't drink a potion. I'm helpless while I'm getting nuked or slashed to death.
Sign In or Register to comment.