The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mage's Wrath stealing kills in BGs

Ivan04
Ivan04
✭✭✭✭
You know what the issue is for over a year now, I know coding is hard, but please pay attention to it and fix it.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Wrobel
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ivan04 wrote: »
    You know what the issue is for over a year now, I know coding is hard, but please pay attention to it and fix it.

Go away
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get plenty types of kills on my DK and my Templar. If you are having so many kills "stolen" that you need to open forum topics about it, take a good look at your own contribution to your matches.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The person that procs it should get the credit.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    The person that procs it should get the credit.

Not a good solution either. As someone pointed out, you can steal the kill from the Sorc then.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since it became dodgeable it´s not a valid argument anymore.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The explosion doesn't even kill most builds anymore and it can be dodged. Its fine.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

This ^

And just get a sorc on your team. Execute is their role, as your healers is support. Kills only fuel one game type also.

I think most complaints are from people having a sorc on their team and having their kill score 'beat' but it's a team game so who cares if you win the match!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    whatever you do zos, dont nerf wrath -_- this is a problem with how the system regesters kills not wrath...

as much as yall would love to bury sorc a little further with the old nerf hammer.....
    Edited by ezio45 on October 18, 2018 10:07AM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could do what Battlefield does if you do more than 75% damage to another player but someone else deals the killing shot its called "Assist counts as Kill" and counts as a kill for the player that did the most damage it also counts as a kill for the other person to.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Live sorcs alone, if they won't be able to earn frags and bring medals to the team, what's the reason to be a sorc there?
    Edited by Ashamray on October 18, 2018 11:55AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also find it extremely annoying when I'm something like 4-5-25 at the end of a BG, especially when it's the other team getting the kills. That said, I'm not sure how they could address that. Making it register the person who triggered it as the killer is only good within your team. If it's a cross-team assist, it's more a nerf to the sorc than it's worth.

Also, no, wrath and fury stealing kills doesn't reflect on what you're doing right or wrong. That's a silly argument. And no, making it dodgable didn't make it not take kills. Not everyone is spamming dodge rolls. Some of us play magic.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    They could do what Battlefield does if you do more than 75% damage to another player but someone else deals the killing shot its called "Assist counts as Kill" and counts as a kill for the player that did the most damage it also counts as a kill for the other person to.

I made a post with this suggestion a while back. Give both players the credit and points for both teams. It's ok if we have draws in the match.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest for someone that spams it fact it's dodgable changed literally nothing.
    Edited by Juhasow on October 18, 2018 12:43PM
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

To be honest for someone that spams it fact it's dodgable changed literally nothing.

How come? Dodge cancel Vigor and you're out of executer range when next one hits you, while the Sorc is wasting precious GCDs. It's more then enough of a counter.

Edited by ku5h on October 18, 2018 12:55PM
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

How come? You do vigor into dodge and you're out of executer range when next one hits you, while the Sorc is wasting precious GCDs. It's more then enough of a counter.

Vigor won't take you fro 5 to 20% and stop an execute. I've died more times than I can count trying to exactly what you said.
    Edited by mr_wazzabi on October 18, 2018 12:55PM
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 point for team who did most damage to a kill, 1 point for team who got KB: that (relatively) simple change would eliminate most killstealing concerns, imo.

Mages wrath is the most egregious, even now that it's dodgeable, for pure killstealing, but it's far from the only culprit. I've gotten hilarious scores intentionally not engaging in fights and killstealing with radiant destruction, for example.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just make executes to cost 2x more resources when used on enemy with more then 50% health.

How come? Dodge cancel Vigor and you're out of executer range when next one hits you, while the Sorc is wasting precious GCDs. It's more then enough of a counter.

It's to easy to apply dmg through dodge on target that struggles with surviving and have no escape options. In BGs there are magsorcs specialized to spam heavy attack from lightning staff+curse with oblivion dmg enchant and optionally torug's pact and some other memes just to make sure sooner or later when You'll be out of stam because of roll dodge spam You will die instantly from execute. It's undodgable unblockable range dmg pressure you cant do anything about because most of the time those sorcs will flee away the moment You'll be closer then 20 meters or if there wont be any of their allies between You and them and then when You'll engage some combat they'll start their memes with spamming execute when You are full hp just to secure the kill that others worked on. Dedicated execute spammer is legit build option for battlegrounds which is kinda stupid.
    Edited by Juhasow on October 18, 2018 1:06PM
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Take their shields away. Dead sorcs can't execute.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Why because everyone plays a roll-spamming stamblade?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should just make executes to cost 2x more resources when used on enemy with more then 50% health.

It's to easy to apply dmg through dodge on target that struggles with surviving and have no escape options. In BGs there are magsorcs specialized to spam heavy attack from lightning staff+curse with oblivion dmg enchant and optionally torug's pact and some other memes just to make sure sooner or later when You'll be out of stam because of roll dodge spam You will die instantly from execute. It's undodgable unblockable range dmg pressure you cant do anything about because most of the time those sorcs will flee away the moment You'll be closer then 20 meters or if there wont be any of their allies between You and them and then when You'll engage some combat they'll start their memes with spamming execute when You are full hp just to secure the kill that others worked on. Dedicated execute spammer is legit build option for battlegrounds which is kinda stupid.

Perhaps lack of spammable has something to do with that? Old-fashioned DW builds used to use wrath as a spammable, because it's all they had.

Sorc' is a burst class, and wrath has the longest duration out of all the burst abilities, so absolutely can be cast first in q burst rotation.

Still, the main problem is not the ability, but scoring based on kills. It was fine before bgs existed, was, and still is an integral and necessary component of sorc-burst.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

How come? You do vigor into dodge and you're out of executer range when next one hits you, while the Sorc is wasting precious GCDs. It's more then enough of a counter.

Vigor won't take you fro 5 to 20% and stop an execute. I've died more times than I can count trying to exactly what you said.

You surviving Fury is more of a testament as to how weak its damage really is.
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna keep starting threads regularly until our beloved devs address it in some way, because it is an issue, whether you (magsorc main) believe it or not. It's too obvious at this point and does not need explaining.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna keep starting threads regularly until our beloved devs address it in some way, because it is an issue, whether you (magsorc main) believe it or not. It's too obvious at this point and does not need explaining.

It's an issue, just not with the ability.

Perhaps you'd see more people agreeing if your threads instead ask for the scoring to change.
    Edited by Biro123 on October 18, 2018 3:01PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it isn't an issue. Focus the sorc and kill them if you are having a problem with it. Anyone can kill steal, anyone. Nightblades do it and do it much more effectively than mag sorcs because they can do it from stealth. Can't tell you how many times AOE's got the last tick of damage on an opponent I was targeting.

And this is a competitive game. Get your kill before the sorc can cast fury or before the sorc gets to the fight.

And in PVP, I don't have a main, I play all classes. And I kill steal far more on my DK with leap than picking enemies off one by one on a mag sorc.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to be able to steel kills that is the game much fun to do it. However I do feel the frustration. Many times a long ranged sorc spams the execute and steels my kills. It is sad really and sounds fun to do for like 2 games but doing more than that is really boring. We all need to have differences so there always outliners that make you gringe and this is one but don't change it who knows what will be next....
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take their shields away. Dead sorcs can't execute.

They already did
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    To steal kills on other classes you have to actually execute your opponents. On magsorc you can just mark someone as your kill and leave. You don't have to actively engage in combat when the enemy is low on health. That is the issue.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To steal kills on other classes you have to actually execute your opponents. On magsorc you can just mark someone as your kill and leave. You don't have to actively engage in combat when the enemy is low on health. That is the issue.

This. This is the problem with comparing Sorc to other classes when it comes to kill stealing. Other classes, you actually have to commit in order to steal the kill.

Going to leap into a group with lower health players? You're committing all of your ultimate, and your positioning to it.

Going to weave in and out of stealth, picking off targets? You're committing your magicka, positioning, time, and effort into doing so, and taking the risk of being caught in the process.

Going to cut through a group with lower health players with Steel Tornado? You're committing a huge amount of stamina to spamming it, and you're actually getting in on the fight.

Going to spam beam at a target? You're committing your magicka, the ability to use skills while channeling, and the possibility of being interrupted.

While Sorc can sit back, choose targets they think will die in a few seconds, light them up with Wrath, and let the rest of the players do the work, all the while getting the credit nine times out of ten.

This is a problem with the skill, but the solution isn't to nerf the skill, but to change how points are scored from this skill. Treat it like a synergy. Whoever actually gets it to proc, whoever actually commits to the kill, gets the kill. If the Sorc wants the kill, they'll have to commit to it.

This also isn't an issue for players on the same team. Personally, I couldn't give a *** whether I come in first or last on the leaderboard. So long as I actually contributed to the game, I'm happy. This is an issue with team scoring, specifically in deathmatch. Wrath allows a Sorc to sit back and earn kills lazily for their team, even if they aren't actually doing anything.
    Edited by jcm2606 on October 18, 2018 3:48PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the only way sorcs can get kills in bgs now. Why try to strip that from us too?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever actually gets it to proc, whoever actually commits to the kill, gets the kill. If the Sorc wants the kill, they'll have to commit to it.

You just shift the stealing away from the Sorc and to the other players.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.