The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stun before ability hits

bpmachete
bpmachete
✭✭✭
I haven't seen this in the threads or it being addressed. Since the Werewolf patch (where they lost 10k resist 😂 - epic fail) the stuns are hitting you before the abilities land, like Shooting star, Snipe or other abilities. Is this something to be swept under the rug?

You can talk about lag or platform, but this did not use to happen, so...
Edited by bpmachete on October 15, 2018 7:18PM
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    crickets
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported this a while ago. It's worse with knock back abilities like javelin and flame reach, because the cause you to slide and not be able to use abilities while after you break the CC. But yeah, literally every ranged CC in the game is broken as hell. You receive the CC before the projectile hits you, and if you break it before you see the projectile connect, you are forced to take whatever animation is associated with the ability AFTER breaking the CC, causing you to lose out on a GCD (non knockbacks) or several (knockback/knockups).

This is starting to happen with instant cast melee range CC's as well. I was sprinting away from a target that used reverb on me yesterday, and it caused a similar affect to the standard range CC delay.

This happens to me 25+ times a day on XB NA in an average PvP session. It's absolutley infuriating that they broke CC's in this manner and have yet to acknowledge it.

EDIT: This is NOT lag related, as it happens literally all day every day, in both open world and BGS. Sprinting away from a target that CC's you makes it happen in an even more severe manner. This was NEVER an issue before summerset. The only skill that ever had an issue like this prior to summerset was javelin.

@ZOS_Gilliam You're the new employee on the block and one with actual game experience, can you PLEASE look into this or forward it to the right people?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/432344/videos-the-two-most-game-breaking-bugs-on-xb-na-currently-sprint-lock-and-knockback-bugs#latest
    Edited by React on October 18, 2018 1:55PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! This is an issue. Super annoying.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Server lag. It’s not new. It is annoying.

Often the only reason I know I’m dead is my resource bars suddenly drop to zero but it’s many seconds later when my character stops running and drops to the floor.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah cant say this is new, various CC have been bugged over the years. Used to be almost impossible to break fear for awhile. Took ZoS forever to fix it so you could break it reliably. Knockbacks are just the latest. Movement/Animation and CC just haven't ever worked well.
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    Not lag, meteor stunning before it hits didn't happen in summerset patch only after wolfhunter. The servers the same lag.