The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Merciless Charge: „Fixed an issue“

• Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_BrianWheeler

So, the effects were left unadjusted for 4.2.5:

Merciless Charge is now BROKEN and got DOWNGRADED, because your interest only went as far as to fix something to fit a certain ruleset instead of making sure it‘s actually viable for the designed content.

Virulent Shot, I‘m assuming has been left BROKEN aswell.

The targetting for Dizzying Swing has been messed up in a way, so the exclusively designed weapon for it is entierly undesireable - because now, more than ever, it‘s pointless to use the ability at all.

Check it out: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/441818/dizzy-swing-completely-broken#latest

The fixes for the first two are literally EFFORTLESS, have been mentioned in time and instead got fiddled around with to be downgraded in how they could have performed.

What happened to Dizzying Swing is completely unacceptable. Again you DOWNGRADED something that was hardly viable at all.

Meanwhile enchant potency on DW performs so flawlessly that everything else on stamina is a compromise in performance. For the sake of logic and balance, reduce enchant potency to 50% on one handed weapons or adjust the infused trait.

Thank you Gilliam for atleast acknowledging that you‘re aware of some of the issues. Your supervisors having acted in an immediate fashion on such easy to fix issues would have been even stronger of a positive statement though.

Will this stay broken for MONTHS again? Can we expect fixes to slip in during a Monday Maintenance or with an Incremental Patch?

Please give us a schedule on how long some of the ELITE weaponary in this game is not performing to it‘s full extent and thus stays weaker than an ordinary set weapon.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait so merciless charge can still be blocked and dodged?
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait so merciless charge can still be blocked and dodged?

Yesir, every singular tick of the dot. And I assume it‘s the same for the Virulent Shot ticks.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is completely unacceptable. This isn't even an issue of priority anymore. They already fixed the crit 'issue', but somehow forgot about fixing the dodge+block issue. Give me a break please. This weapon is just useless at this point, especially since the newer weapons also offer an extra bonus. How this didn't get implemented for the older weapons is beyond me.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    This is completely unacceptable. This isn't even an issue of priority anymore. They already fixed the crit 'issue', but somehow forgot about fixing the dodge+block issue. Give me a break please. This weapon is just useless at this point, especially since the newer weapons also offer an extra bonus. How this didn't get implemented for the older weapons is beyond me.

welcome to the world of microtransactions.

Obviously they didn't add 1 piece bonuses to older weapons because that would make them competitive again.