The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Give every class own major brutality/major sorcery

• ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    ankeor wrote: »
    I would ask the opposite. Remove Major Brutality and Sorcery from class skill lines. Raplace them with unique class buffs/debuffs.

All classes already have one unique buff.

Minor Prophecy (Sorcerer)
    Minor Sorcery (Templar)
    Minor Savagery (Nightblade)
    Minor Brutality (Dragon Knight)
    Minor Toughness (Warden)

Yeah, these small stat buffs are what makes unique, right?

Today classes feel like same person cosplaying to look like somebody else.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    Totally agree. Gotta love the folks who play a class with it available through their class abilities tell everyone else just to suck it up and do what they don't have to like waste a potion to get the most out of your dps, and of course they'll say they don't even use their class one as well.

So disingenuous some of you are, just to keep an advantage over others.

Why would you actually use a separate ability that takes up unnecessary space on your skill bar and gimps your DPS?
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Homogenisation isnt a really great idea... if its the same thing but just colour differences, then its a bad game.

In abilities but not in buffs.

Everyone knows this is practically a must-have for any stam build so all that happens if you play one that doesn't have access to it is you pick 2h and get forward momentum.

Or pop a potion like everyone does anyways?

You always don´t want to use specific potion and they are pretty expensive.

Not really. Spell Damage/Weapon Damage options are pretty cheap

Forcing players who pick a certain class to use potions or farm Mages Guild for a Major buff that's extremely necessary in all gameplay is not fair, nor is it balanced.

Sorcery and Brutality should DEFINITELY be homogenized throughout all classes.

"Farm"

Dude it's a level 4 skill. That's not really farming.

That's like saying it's not fair that you have to level up Storm Calling to get Surge

Surge is tied with Netch for best source of Major Brutality/Sorcery in the entire game...

So I'm not sure what you mean by comparing having to grind some mobs for 30 minutes for Surge, compared to hours of book hunting for Mages Guild levels, even with the help of Lorebooks add-on.

Sorcerers and Wardens receive A LOT more benefit from leveling their own sources of Brutality and Sorcery compared to Templar which gets almost no benefit except the Sorcery buff itself from using Entropy.

It's a bit more than 30 minutes to get Surge, and a lot less to get Entropy.

I'd say that they take almost the same amount of time, actually.

You're still disingenuously comparing Surge to Entropy.

Surge is magnitudes better because 1) doesn't require a target 2) heals you every time you critically strike

Surge is one of the biggest reasons that Sorcerer is so much better than every other class for veteran Maelstrom for goodness' sake. LOL

If you look at the scores, you'll see that the Maelstrom bit actually isn't true. That's not the point though.

The point is that the thread is needlessly asking for things that are already provided to players in the form of global skills and potions.

Most Sorcs don't use Surge unless they're in Maelstrom. Basically no DK uses Molten. No Nightblade uses Sap. And Wardens use Netch, but not for the buffs :wink:

There's a reason for that. Potions are just superior. There's no way one can take these requests seriously with the amount of options there are in the game, since if you really care about your DPS you'll be using potions anyways.

It's hard to say "I care about my DPS just enough to want Brutality/Sorcery, but not enough to use a potion. I'd rather waste a bar slot to cripple my build"

Scores mean absolutely nothing when comparing classes in vMA.

Compare the number of players per class clearing that arena.

This is not a difficult concept to understand nor should you continue arguing against Templar getting an in-class source of Brutality/Sorcery simply based on... nothing really except you just don't want Templar to have a better source of those buffs like your precious Sorcerer gets. lol

I have run through vMA countless times on both my magsorc and my magplar, and guess which one had a much easier time and the one I ended up using for farming?

If you guessed "Sorcerer" you'd be correct!

You know why? Because I can stay 20+ meters away from every boss and mob in there and still receive constant healing, contrary to magplar which is limited to melee range for Puncturing Sweep to heal.

Ohhh. So you don't mean "better"

You mean "easier"

Because "better" implies you get the best scores on x class

In which case scores do matter

If you struggle with vMA in 2018 though it's really easy to see why you don't feel the need to use potions lol...
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree. Gotta love the folks who play a class with it available through their class abilities tell everyone else just to suck it up and do what they don't have to like waste a potion to get the most out of your dps, and of course they'll say they don't even use their class one as well.

Why would you actually use a separate ability that takes up unnecessary space on your skill bar and gimps your DPS?
    Homogenisation isnt a really great idea... if its the same thing but just colour differences, then its a bad game.

Everyone knows this is practically a must-have for any stam build so all that happens if you play one that doesn't have access to it is you pick 2h and get forward momentum.

Forcing players who pick a certain class to use potions or farm Mages Guild for a Major buff that's extremely necessary in all gameplay is not fair, nor is it balanced.

"Farm"

That's like saying it's not fair that you have to level up Storm Calling to get Surge

Surge is tied with Netch for best source of Major Brutality/Sorcery in the entire game...

So I'm not sure what you mean by comparing having to grind some mobs for 30 minutes for Surge, compared to hours of book hunting for Mages Guild levels, even with the help of Lorebooks add-on.

Sorcerers and Wardens receive A LOT more benefit from leveling their own sources of Brutality and Sorcery compared to Templar which gets almost no benefit except the Sorcery buff itself from using Entropy.

Surge is magnitudes better because 1) doesn't require a target 2) heals you every time you critically strike

Surge is one of the biggest reasons that Sorcerer is so much better than every other class for veteran Maelstrom for goodness' sake. LOL

If you look at the scores, you'll see that the Maelstrom bit actually isn't true. That's not the point though.

The point is that the thread is needlessly asking for things that are already provided to players in the form of global skills and potions.

Most Sorcs don't use Surge unless they're in Maelstrom. Basically no DK uses Molten. No Nightblade uses Sap. And Wardens use Netch, but not for the buffs :wink:

There's a reason for that. Potions are just superior. There's no way one can take these requests seriously with the amount of options there are in the game, since if you really care about your DPS you'll be using potions anyways.

It's hard to say "I care about my DPS just enough to want Brutality/Sorcery, but not enough to use a potion. I'd rather waste a bar slot to cripple my build"

This is not a difficult concept to understand nor should you continue arguing against Templar getting an in-class source of Brutality/Sorcery simply based on... nothing really except you just don't want Templar to have a better source of those buffs like your precious Sorcerer gets. lol

I have run through vMA countless times on both my magsorc and my magplar, and guess which one had a much easier time and the one I ended up using for farming?

You know why? Because I can stay 20+ meters away from every boss and mob in there and still receive constant healing, contrary to magplar which is limited to melee range for Puncturing Sweep to heal.

You mean "easier"

If you struggle with vMA in 2018 though it's really easy to see why you don't feel the need to use potions lol...

You are very rude and condescending.

I cleared Maelstrom all I needed to years ago for any weapon type I will ever need so I don't have to go back into that boring content.

The best potions to use in vMA are triple-stat potions which you cannot get Sorcery from.

Templar doesn't have the mobility or survival of Sorcerer in PvE due to its lack of Expedition or HoTs, but keep being disingenuous.

"Better" translates to "easier" which means you are still arguing that Sorcerer should have an easier time in content than other classes which is extremely childish and I'm sorry that you can't let others have fun.
    Edited by FlamingBeard on October 8, 2018 5:10PM
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"Farm"

You mean "easier"

I cleared Maelstrom all I needed to years ago for any weapon type I will ever need so I don't have to go back into that boring content.

The best potions to use in vMA are triple-stat potions which you cannot get Sorcery from.

Templar doesn't have the mobility or survival of Sorcerer in PvE due to its lack of Expedition or HoTs, but keep being disingenuous.

"Better" translates to "easier" which means you are still arguing that Sorcerer should have an easier time in content than other classes which is extremely childish and I'm sorry that you can't let others have fun.

I'm being rude and condescending because I dislike nonsense. I came into the thread very clearly stating why this thread was a nonsense thread and you came to me with more nonsense
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Farm"

You mean "easier"

I'm being rude and condescending because I dislike nonsense. I came into the thread very clearly stating why this thread was a nonsense thread and you came to me with more nonsense

I'm just laughing at the fact that you say all these things with a Sorcerer avatar.

Carry on being obtuse and ignorant though, bro!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not at all.. I've pretty much dumped sorc now - but I use it as an example because its the class I best understand.

The point is that every class has deficiencies.. Some have no spammable, some miss certain buffs, some miss certain debuffs, some are short on dots, or heals, or cc, or mobility... etc.. etc.. Many of which can be obtained from non-class lines, gear or pots anyway.

And Zos keep making change after change which makes them more and more 'samey' Look at the latest major expedition changes for an example.. I just can't believe that people want the classes to be MORE similar to each other.

As someone said earlier, if it keeps going this way, we'll just end up with 5 identical classes that just have different colours associated with them. I certainly don't want that!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"Farm"

You mean "easier"

I'm just laughing at the fact that you say all these things with a Sorcerer avatar.

I don't hide the fact that I play Sorcerer. I don't have a reason to.

Realistically, what will change by being provided Major Sorcery? It will probably be on a skill that you wouldn't otherwise slot, since it's the same way for the other class buffs. It will still consume a GCD. It will still interrupt your rotation.

What good comes out of this other than the fact that you get to have a yellow skill on your bar instead of a blue skill?

Like are you expecting to get Sorcery as a part of Jabs or something? Blazing Spear maybe? Because that isn't what will happen. It'll be attached to Sun Shield or Eclipse or something else that you probably won't otherwise be slotting.
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Farm"

You mean "easier"

Realistically, what will change by being provided Major Sorcery? It will probably be on a skill that you wouldn't otherwise slot, since it's the same way for the other class buffs. It will still consume a GCD. It will still interrupt your rotation.

What good comes out of this other than the fact that you get to have a yellow skill on your bar instead of a blue skill?

Like are you expecting to get Sorcery as a part of Jabs or something? Blazing Spear maybe? Because that isn't what will happen. It'll be attached to Sun Shield or Eclipse or something else that you probably won't otherwise be slotting.

I would happily accept a buff to one of Templar's various useless skills! :)

Sun Shield getting Major Sorcery? Bring it on.

It's better than no Major Sorcery which is what it currently gets.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"Farm"

You mean "easier"

Lol you're just proving my point...

"Man, I hate Entropy...what??? SUN SHIELD??? HELL YEAHHH"
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Not at all.. I've pretty much dumped sorc now - but I use it as an example because its the class I best understand.

The point is that every class has deficiencies.. Some have no spammable, some miss certain buffs, some miss certain debuffs, some are short on dots, or heals, or cc, or mobility... etc.. etc.. Many of which can be obtained from non-class lines, gear or pots anyway.

And Zos keep making change after change which makes them more and more 'samey' Look at the latest major expedition changes for an example.. I just can't believe that people want the classes to be MORE similar to each other.

As someone said earlier, if it keeps going this way, we'll just end up with 5 identical classes that just have different colours associated with them. I certainly don't want that!

I don't like the trend of sameyness either (and not incidentally, major expedition was the last thing templars politely pointed out they'd like access to also, please, didn't get it, and now it's going to suck for everybody instead, so that worked out well didn't it). This idea they seem to have that frags = shalks = whip, and the flat 4 seconds of expedition, and in general all kinds of iconic class skills being blandified or made useless (RIP refreshing path). Do not like. Every class shall have a tank skill line, a healing skill line, and a damage skill line, because that's working out SO well for wardens: do not like.

But there's a difference between homogenization and basic parity. If four of the five classes have class-skill access to a major buff and only one does not, that's just an oversight that needs to be corrected, and it's perfectly reasonable to keep pointing that out until it is.
    Edited by RedRook on October 8, 2018 5:36PM
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Farm"

You mean "easier"

Because Templar depends on its class skills being slotted for its damage and defensive passives to work...

Do you even play a Templar?

Slotting Sun Shield and activating it on PTS activates our Minor Protection passive and allows Piercing Spear passive to be used without having to slot the Aedric ultimate.

I would MUCH rather have a Major Sorcery skill that synergizes with my class toolkit so calm down. lol
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"Farm"

You mean "easier"

Because Templar depends on its class skills being slotted for its damage and defensive passives to work...

Do you even play a Templar?

Slotting Sun Shield and activating it on PTS activates our Minor Protection passive and allows Piercing Spear passive to be used without having to slot the Aedric ultimate.

I would MUCH rather have a Major Sorcery skill that synergizes with my class toolkit so calm down. lol

So does Sweeps and Blazing but okay lol...
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Force drinking potions in not the way to go.

Tell that to the sustain on my magSorc.
    Tell that to the NBs spamming cloak forcing me to swill detection pots.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In PVP- I actually like to free up as many skills as possible on my MagPlar. I run Rattlecage (arcane jewelry) and Mighty Chudan for the Major buffs they both provide. Just my 2 cents worth.

Also- I really wouldn't mind if they gave Major Sorcery to a templar in some other way.

...I just wish ZOS would give my mDK an execute.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In PVP- I actually like to free up as many skills as possible on my MagPlar. I run Rattlecage (arcane jewelry) and Mighty Chudan for the Major buffs they both provide. Just my 2 cents worth.

Also- I really wouldn't mind if they gave Major Sorcery to a templar in some other way.

...I just wish ZOS would give my mDK an execute.

Its actually quite good with Bloodthirsty!

Also take my Sorcs execute. I'm sure you'll LOVE it...RIP
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's attitudes like this that are resulting in the homogenization of the game.
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Equal distribution of literally one of the most basic buffs in the game is not homogenization.

ZOS gave burst heals to Warden, Nightblade, and Sorcerer but you don't see people complaining about those. Templar is the healer class, not them, so why do they need emergency heals? Homogenized!

But when Templars want a simple buff to be more easily accessible like everyone else gets, the sky starts falling. LOL
    Edited by FlamingBeard on October 8, 2018 6:25PM
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Equal distribution of literally one of the most basic buffs in the game is not homogenization.

ZOS gave burst heals to Warden, Nightblade, and Sorcerer but you don't see people complaining about those. Templar is the healer class, not them, so why do they need emergency heals? Homogenized!

But when Templars want a simple buff to be more easily accessible like everyone else gets, the sky starts falling. LOL

It is easily accessible. You just dont like the way it's accessed
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not easily accessible because it requires an out-of-the-way exploration grind.

Go complain in the shield threads and let the Templars discuss serious matters. lol
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not easily accessible because it requires an out-of-the-way exploration grind.

Go complain in the shield threads and let the Templars discuss serious matters. lol

Its hard to take you "seriously" when you think getting Mage Guild to level 4 is a grind
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its hard to take you "seriously" when you think getting Mage Guild to level 4 is a grind

It's hard to take any Sorcerers seriously at all but I've entertained your rambling this long, haven't I?
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedRook wrote: »

I don't like the trend of sameyness either (and not incidentally, major expedition was the last thing templars politely pointed out they'd like access to also, please, didn't get it, and now it's going to suck for everybody instead, so that worked out well didn't it). This idea they seem to have that frags = shalks = whip, and the flat 4 seconds of expedition, and in general all kinds of iconic class skills being blandified or made useless (RIP refreshing path). Do not like. Every class shall have a tank skill line, a healing skill line, and a damage skill line, because that's working out SO well for wardens: do not like.

But there's a difference between homogenization and basic parity. If four of the five classes have class-skill access to a major buff and only one does not, that's just an oversight that needs to be corrected, and it's perfectly reasonable to keep pointing that out until it is.

Thank you, didn't think this really needed to be pointed out. 4 out of 5 have it, but these opponents are acting like giving templars, the only class without it and yes my main class is somehow making all the classes samey. Ridiculous, though I should not be surprised at sorcs being for another class being at a disadvantage.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, didn't think this really needed to be pointed out. 4 out of 5 have it, but these opponents are acting like giving templars, the only class without it and yes my main class is somehow making all the classes samey. Ridiculous, though I should not be surprised at sorcs being for another class being at a disadvantage.

3/5 no one uses sap essence to get it as a nightblade.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Farm"

I'm pretty sure the current World Record scores in vMA are on Magblade and Stamblade both of which are at 613k. Not Sorcs.
    Edited by Izaki on October 8, 2018 7:40PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just attach it to some random skill and to restoration staff for fun.

What about giving every class minor berserk?

Oh, right, that will turn slimecraw useless
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's hard to take any Sorcerers seriously at all but I've entertained your rambling this long, haven't I?

Man, you're just losing credibility by the post!
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They really just need a Fighters Guild skill that gives brutality, magicka already has entropy.

I would recommend that they make evil hunter give brutality, while camouflaged hunter keeps the stealth detection.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to have a functional (as in, at the point where you're doing content in which the major buff matters) character, you need to do a lot of stuff.

Level skills, morph, level morphs, collect skill points. Level the actual character, collect CP (if not at max yet). Undaunted skill line for the stat buffs and using synergies, etc.

If, at the end of doing all that, you don't have mages guild at level four, then that's on you. It's no different from doing anything else you need to have a functional character to do content with, and it most certainly isn't any harder or time consuming than the other stuff you need to do. If anything, it's among the easiest, especially since you want magelight and on some builds equilibrium as well.

There's even a map that tells you where the lorebooks are.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3/5 no one uses sap essence to get it as a nightblade.

Irrelevant if players use it or not, it's available to them via class abilities. If that's the case take it away from all the classes and see how much you all like being forced to run pots for it or slot entropy just to get it. Clearly you are only interested in maintaining an advantage over another class.

If I'm using brut/sorc pots I'm not using immovable pots which are extremely useful to reset a fight after getting snared, nor can I use a speed pot. Nope I'm popping pots just to gain access to what other classes have readily available to them.

Why did so many sorcs complain about a cast time getting added to their class shields? The one from the restoration line wasn't getting one, why didn't you all just switch to using a resto staff and slot that shield? What's good for the goose is good for the gander am I right?

Wish folks would stop with the strawman arguments.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather them remove major brutality and sorcery from the game and just increase weapon and spell damage passively by 20%.