The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This is taking customer service absurdity to the next level !

daemonor
daemonor
✭✭✭✭
I paid for my montly eso + subscription by buying 1 month then canceling like I always do, but to my surprise 2 days later i get an e-mail saying that my eso+ has expired? What?
Have I just been officially swindled by Zenimax Online?
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »
    I paid for my montly eso + subscription by buying 1 month then canceling like I always do, but to my surprise 2 days later i get an e-mail saying that my eso+ has expired? What?
    Have I just been officially swindled by Zenimax Online?

I'd say open up a ticket and tell customer service about it. See if they can help resolve this issue.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you still have eso+? Guessing its an automatic email to say this is your last month, e.g. your subscription has expired but you still have it for this month.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did your account get suspended?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you make sure your latest renewal actually went through before you cancelled?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always wondered this, if you cancel ESO+ does it just stop or stop at tour renewal date as I've heard mixed stories!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. I did get the 1500 crowns so I guess that's an indicaton that the transaction went thru?
    2. I do the 1 month cancel thing all the time, you get an e-mail that your sub is canceled and you have 30 days left.
    3. I logged my account and I have x/100 transmute crystal space + mats aren't traveling to the craft bag, so I assume it's indeed not active.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Always wondered this, if you cancel ESO+ does it just stop or stop at tour renewal date as I've heard mixed stories!

You should get all of the time you paid for.

So if you buy a 30 day subscription and then cancel it after 5 days you will still get another 25 days of ESO+, it just won't auto-renew after that. (I'm told it's different on consoles but on PC there is no option to just buy 30 days, you have to set up a reoccurring payment and then cancel it.)

However there are a number of potential problem with it. The most common I've heard of is actually the opposite of the OP - a cancelled subscription still auto-renews so you end up getting, and paying for, twice as much time as you wanted. I've also heard of it simply not starting or taking a day or so to start while the 'timer' still goes down (so you pay for a day of ESO+ you never get). And of course people on Xbox never receiving their crowns, which happened every single month for some people.

But none of that is intended, and neither is what happened to the OP. Unless you get banned from the game you should get all the time you paid for. (And no, you can't get banned for cancelling a subscription, even just after you started it.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to contact support but I keep getting stuck at the verify screen lol..they're supposed to send me a verification code so I can log into my account submit a ticket but the mail never comes...yes I've checked spam etc .
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well apparently the money didn't go thru as I finally managed to contact support...
    It's weird tho since I did actually have 2 days of eso+ right after subscribing.