Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Where do you think 2H currently stands in PVP compared to DW?

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Looking for some constructive opinions about the differences between 2H and DW as they currently are on PTS.

I'd love to switch back to my 2H, but on Live it seems heavily inferior to DW. Given the recent nerfs, speed, mobility and other adjustments, I'm curious whether it would be worth it.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will want 2H anyways, either on back-bar or front bar. Steel Tornado only works when you already burst your opponent down to 50%.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    You will want 2H anyways, either on back-bar or front bar. Steel Tornado only works when you already burst your opponent down to 50%.

Well 2h is currently on my Backbar, I'd however love to use it on the main Bar, as I'm used to.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rally/forward momentum still is a very strong skill. You may get major brutality from other sources, but momentum is probably the best one with the healing, burst heal or snare immunity. Downside of 2h is that there is no good spamable.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »

Well 2h is currently on my Backbar, I'd however love to use it on the main Bar, as I'm used to.

Wrecking Blow spam still works if you don't have a class-spammable.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Rally/forward momentum still is a very strong skill. You may get major brutality from other sources, but momentum is probably the best one with the healing, burst heal or snare immunity. Downside of 2h is that there is no good spamable.

wdym there is executioner/ rev slash.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on whether you can get major brutality and/or snare immunity from other areas of your build or not. That's the strength of 2h.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

speaking about 2h, has anything been said about converting one of the morphs like say wrecking blow (the pve morph) into a instant cast ability?
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2H is almost a must have because of Rally but other than that it's not really good. Both weapons lack a good spammable tho, so they feel somehow incomplete.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2H is required due to momentum. DW is superior in every other aspect though.

Move momentum to the fighters guild, and the 2H will die overnight.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h is still my go to weapon on pretty much any setup.
    Other weapon will change, depending what I play, from s&b to bow or DW.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2-H is just my buff-bar :-(

*Edit: To be fair though, that's on my stamblade, running 2-H/Dw, the choice of DW for offence is only for that one single bleed ability (and heavy attacks being a bit quicker and using 2 enchants)..
    Having a strong class-spammable means that I could easily switch to a 2-H front-bar and a different back bar (bow for range/mobility - or SnB for more defence)..
    Of course, that's only really an option for stamblade (and I guess stamplar when not too laggy for jabs)..

TL;DR - with a strong class spammable, there isn't much in it.. But then again, with the upcoming change to evasion, will that impact 2-handed light and heavy attacks? (I'm thinking of the passive that makes them hit multiple opponents - will it count as an AOE?)
    Edited by Biro123 on October 8, 2018 10:34AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h lacks a spammable

I dropped wrecking blow cause good players just move into you to cancel it, and lag makes it hard to land anyway
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next patch il probably go dw + bow on my stamsorc

Used to be dw + 2h
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you have a class stamina burst heal (warden, DK) you need 2H. If you have a class burst heal, you can run medium armor and any weapons. If you dont have a burst heal, your either in heavy and need FM for snares or in medium and need Rally for the burst heal.

Plenty of options, but really only a few worth considering.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H is only my back bar / buff bar. Only use FM and sometimes Stampede. Otherwise all my damage is dual wield stuff. If Wrecking Blow was converted to an instant cast with obviously less damage I think 2H would become a viable option for main bar. The cast time is just too easy to dodge for good players and even more so with Swift and all the speed currently on live. Maybe it will be better in Murkmire with things slowing down a little but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    mojomood wrote: »
    Unless you have a class stamina burst heal (warden, DK) you need 2H. If you have a class burst heal, you can run medium armor and any weapons. If you dont have a burst heal, your either in heavy and need FM for snares or in medium and need Rally for the burst heal.

Plenty of options, but really only a few worth considering.

StamSorc can get away without using Rally in Medium. I've been PvPing on my StamSorc in Medium armor for 5-6 months now, all while using FM and not Rally. Crit Surge, Vigor, LoS and Dark Deal work just fine so long as you're proactive on healing. Prior to that I ran in Heavy for a long time with FM. I really do prefer the Medium armor playstyle.

Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It can be very good for "ganking" (this is noCP campaign btw):
    https://youtu.be/pdKQk5S-UXs

Few BGs with the same build (I'm sure I can improve, haven't played this build for too long):
    8ab5bsg7wqzs.png
    0cm9kcbzed1n.png

Dizzying Swing as spammable, Onslaught as ultimate - no Surprise Attack or Incap at all.

That said, having played the build on stam sorc as well I have to say it feels stronger on that class.
    Edited by DDuke on October 8, 2018 1:09PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Speaking only from BG perspective.
    Uppercut works on paper for everyone, but in practice it only works on stamwardens and possibly stamDKs.
    So, in most cases, you don't want 2H as your primary weapon.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every specs has is pro and con,I think it’s quite balanced (with duale wield being on top). 2h has a spammable but it’s a noobstomper,overly effective vs newbies (great damage and stun) and totally ineffective vs skilled players. Dual wield bleed packs also a small heal,and wins hands down when small scaling.
    I just miss the empower on wrecking blow,it was already a niche ability but got destroyed further
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Few BGs with the same build (I'm sure I can improve, haven't played this build for too long):
    8ab5bsg7wqzs.png
    0cm9kcbzed1n.png

Dizzying Swing as spammable, Onslaught as ultimate - no Surprise Attack or Incap at all.

That said, having played the build on stam sorc as well I have to say it feels stronger on that class.

I've seen this build a few times recently.

Dizzying (out of stealth) -> Onslaught -> Executioner is pretty much a guaranteed insta-kill against non-tanks in BGs. Pretty minimal duelling potential though so I can't imagine it's actually that fun when having to generate ult.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dont play stam but I prefer to fight a dw player any day over 2h player
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭

0cm9kcbzed1n.png

lul we won xD nice clip tho, haha
    Edited by Blackleopardex on October 8, 2018 2:31PM
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

8ab5bsg7wqzs.png
    0cm9kcbzed1n.png

What sets do you run?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

8ab5bsg7wqzs.png
    0cm9kcbzed1n.png

What sets do you run?

Automaton+Sword Singer+Balorgh & Master DW off bar.

Could be interesting with the new Blackrose 2H as well (and going 3x Agi instead of 5x Automaton or 5x Sword Singer) since you can put nearby people to Onslaught range with it, tho it's quite a bit less damage.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2h? you mean momentum stick?
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h is there for momentum or rally. Nothing else. Now if wrecking blow not dizzy just wrecking was given instant cast and the cost damage yadda reduced, well now we're in business. And dizzy is landable open world. But *** is it frustrating when it misses because it's 1 second aaaaaand nothing and seeing that stupid cacneled animation is so annoying. You FEEL when your dizzy misses or gets cancelled, when a surprise misses you don't FEEL it.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, not to derail the thread, but Im making a heavy armor stamden for the next patch. Following alcast's guide. Is S/B front bar better than DW? 2h back bar.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Hey guys, not to derail the thread, but Im making a heavy armor stamden for the next patch. Following alcast's guide. Is S/B front bar better than DW? 2h back bar.

I don't believe you.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

If you have Master Axes then nothing beats DW backbar/frontbar, except maybe Master Bow backbar. Otherwise, everything works to an extent.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2h is there for momentum or rally. Nothing else. Now if wrecking blow not dizzy just wrecking was given instant cast and the cost damage yadda reduced, well now we're in business. And dizzy is landable open world. But *** is it frustrating when it misses because it's 1 second aaaaaand nothing and seeing that stupid cacneled animation is so annoying. You FEEL when your dizzy misses or gets cancelled, when a surprise misses you don't FEEL it.

But you also feel it when it connects, sends someone flying and your Light Attack+Onslaught smacks them down B)

One of the more satisfying combos in this game to land.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2H is outperformed by everything ATM in PVP.