The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

We were told that access to Hunter's Glade was a perk of the Wolfhunter DLC.

• Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is really nitpicking at the syntax. I think it's perfectly fine. There are multiple ways to access Hircine's Realm... Werewolf quest, Dungeon and House.

There really is no issue here with ZOS's marketing on this matter.
    Options
  • pocketdefender
    pocketdefender
    ✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    This post is really nitpicking at the syntax. I think it's perfectly fine. There are multiple ways to access Hircine's Realm... Werewolf quest, Dungeon and House.

There really is no issue here with ZOS's marketing on this matter.

Except it doesn't say Hircine's Realm at all. It specifically named Hunter's Glade, which is the house. (You're mixing it up with the Hunting Grounds, which is the name of Hircine's realm.)
    Edited by pocketdefender on October 27, 2018 9:01PM
    Options
  • pocketdefender
    pocketdefender
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , sorry to keep bothering you (since I know this is not your fault), but remember when I said ZOS owed us an explanation and not just a quiet, unacknowleged fix?

Here's what the tooltip said when I made this thread:

4t3aLlR.png

And here it is after the latest update:

t7OLgOo.png

Not only do we now not have access to the Hunter's Glade, but ZOS removed the mentions of additional housing locations as well, meaning they lied to their consumers and then gaslighted them in order to cover it up. Shame on you, ZOS. Your players deserve to be treated better than this.
    Edited by pocketdefender on October 30, 2018 8:49PM
    Options
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , sorry to keep bothering you (since I know this is not your fault), but remember when I said you owed us an explanation and not just a quiet, unacknowleged fix?

4t3aLlR.png

t7OLgOo.png

Not only do we now not have access to the Hunter's Glade, but you removed the mentions of additional housing locations as well, meaning you lied to your consumers and then gaslighted them in order to cover it up. Shame on you. Your players deserve to be treated better than this.

Yeah, that's kinda... crappy.. can't we atleast hear why it happened?? :'( Please?
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

Options
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , sorry to keep bothering you (since I know this is not your fault), but remember when I said you owed us an explanation and not just a quiet, unacknowleged fix?

4t3aLlR.png

t7OLgOo.png

Not only do we now not have access to the Hunter's Glade, but you removed the mentions of additional housing locations as well, meaning you lied to your consumers and then gaslighted them in order to cover it up. Shame on you. Your players deserve to be treated better than this.

Ewww I feel slimy. This is shameful.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
    Options
  • johnbonne
    johnbonne
    ✭✭✭
    it's good that it's been changed so it's now telling the truth, or at the very least has no ambiguity, but why had it happened in the first place? I'm not looking to bash the devs or anything, I just want to get an understanding of how this had slipped through the net, why it wasn't hotfixed earlier and what their policy is on issuing refunds or compensation for those who had bought into the myth that the house would come with it.
    Edited by johnbonne on October 28, 2018 6:57AM
    "A question requires an answer, a set of facts has only a result. An answer raises further questions, but a result is indisputable." - Imperial Commander Ryland Kline, Warhammer Siege
    PC EU
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    An explanation should be provided along with that change in tooltip.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RyanM @ZOS_JesC

Could we get a lock on this? The Update 19 copy in question was revised in Update 20, thus clarifying and resolving the issue. However, several people feel it's necessary to continue to bash ZOS and display a level of entitlement and privilege that is hopefully not representative of this community.

I've already reported the gaslighting accusation, which shouldn't be casually tossed around and in the context of this thread is in no way representative of the situation.

Some of us already know that neither ZOS as a collective nor any individual ZOS staff member owe an explanation for any change, revision, deletion, or modification. And some of us know that no matter how many sweeps quality makes, mistakes can and do make their way to Live. Nobody deserves harassment or a public trial over them, particularly not Gina and Jess.

Thank you.
    signing off
    Options
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnbonne wrote: »
    it's good that it's been changed so it's now telling the truth, or at the very least has no ambiguity, but why had it happened in the first place? I'm not looking to bash the devs or anything, I just want to get an understanding of how this had slipped through the net, why it wasn't hotfixed earlier and what their policy is on issuing refunds or compensation for those who had bought into the myth that the house would come with it.

PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4t3aLlR.png

t7OLgOo.png

Wow, this was a shady move.
    Options
  • pocketdefender
    pocketdefender
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    @ZOS_RyanM @ZOS_JesC

Could we get a lock on this? The Update 19 copy in question was revised in Update 20, thus clarifying and resolving the issue. However, several people feel it's necessary to continue to bash ZOS and display a level of entitlement and privilege that is hopefully not representative of this community.

I've already reported the gaslighting accusation, which shouldn't be casually tossed around and in the context of this thread is in no way representative of the situation.

Some of us already know that neither ZOS as a collective nor any individual ZOS staff member owe an explanation for any change, revision, deletion, or modification. And some of us know that no matter how many sweeps quality makes, mistakes can and do make their way to Live. Nobody deserves harassment or a public trial over them, particularly not Gina and Jess.

Thank you.

I specifically said in my post that I wasn't targeting Jess and Gina, but I went ahead and clarified my post to make it more evident. I am talking to ZOS as a company, and tagged Gina and Jess because they are community managers and this, I think, falls under their purview.

I resent your implication that I am "privileged" and "entitled" for requesting accountability from a multi-million dollar company that is engaging in questionable advertising practices. I don't know how you can seriously believe that I'm being mean for pointing out that a corporation lied to its consumers and then tried to cover it up. All I'm asking for is an explanation. It's not like I'm demanding free stuff. Do you get this outraged when people criticize Exxon-Mobil?
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ih2Hg6i.png

"Gain access to new [...] Housing locations, including the weird Hunter's Glade in Oblivion itself."

This says gain access to these items. It does not say we will receive said items and pretty much none of them are received by anyone without taking additional actions.

Looking at the information for Summerset pre-order purchases Zos uses the word received for additional perks players would get.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26343

I think it is just a poor use of words that can be construed different ways.
    Edited by idk on October 30, 2018 9:03PM
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stumbled upon this topic and now I'm actually bummed for what might have been even though I'm an ESO+ subscriber and didn't purchase. :(:(:(:(

This is disappointing if there wasn't a statement made, even in patch notes, about maybe "incorrect labeling" or something.

Two points:
    1. If there is nothing wrong with the wording, it wouldn't have been changed.
    2. The only way the old wording could be considered accurate, upon release, was if the Hunter's Glade home was only available for purchase by those of us who got the expansion. Pretty sure that wasn't the case, was it?

Also, for whatever it is worth... I have purchased expansions even as a subscriber to ensure I keep them, when the cost difference between the expansion cost and the expansion pet/mount is not too big. I would definitely have purchased if the house was included, either by simply including it, allowing it to be purchased for gold, or even just making the house not-limited time and maybe obtainable at a discount.

A nice gesture might be for ZOS to make the house obtainable at any time for people who purchased the expansion. That would not devalue the purchase for others but would be at least somewhat in alignment with the original marketing words.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • pocketdefender
    pocketdefender
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

ih2Hg6i.png

"Gain access to new [...] Housing locations, including the weird Hunter's Glade in Oblivion itself."

This says gain access to these items. It does not say we will receive said items and pretty much none of them are received by anyone without taking additional actions.

Looking at the information for Summerset pre-order purchases Zos uses the word received for additional perks players would get.

I've addressed this point at least three times in this thread. Please read my original post all the way through, because I addressed it pretty thoroughly.
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RyanM @ZOS_JesC

Thank you.

If you honestly think this, than you clearly don’t know what the issue is and haven’t read the OP’s post.

Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you honestly think you should be given the house for free because you purchased Wolfhunter, I don't know what to tell you.
    It said "get access to". That does not mean "get for free". That just means it will be available. It did not say it was a perk. There was also a costume that we had access to in the crown store. It was not free. The Alinor house was free, was specifically stated it would be free if you met the qualifications. Nowhere does it say Hunters Glade is free or included with purchase of Wolfhunter.

Since the house was in the crown store already, it should be blatently obvious it is not going to be a free house.

Maybe they thought it might the free house but changed their mind and made it the Alinor house instead. They probably thought it was a better money making opportunity because more people would be willing to buy Summerset over Wolfhunter.

You just interpreted it wrong, plain and simple. It has been changed to avoid confusion or misinterpretation. They don't owe you an explanation.

Regardless they already gave us a free house, a mount, a pet. Expecting a second free house is unreasonable.
    Edited by Katahdin on October 31, 2018 6:29PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Katahdin You should try actually reading the post before making such a righteous comment. It's not a good look for you.
    I'm getting a little tired of explaining this over and over when I dedicated the vast majority of my original post to it and what situations are still possible that would make the claim true. I definitely don't expect it to be free and I am not looking for that at all.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    @Katahdin You should try actually reading the post before making such a righteous comment. It's not a good look for you.
    I'm getting a little tired of explaining this over and over when I dedicated the vast majority of my original post to it and what situations are still possible that would make the claim true. I definitely don't expect it to be free and I am not looking for that at all.

I did read it a month ago, but I don't keep detailed notes and flash cards on all things posted here and I am not going to reread the entire thing again.

Bottom line is that it was bad wording subject to misinterpretion. It's been changed to avoid that.

Should they be more careful in their wording? Yes, absolutely agree, but they don't owe anyone an explanation.

Thanks for your concern, but you might want to consider your own look before giving others image advice. I am not worried about what someone that calls themself "weedgenius" thinks of my image behind a nameless and faceless avatar where no one reading this forum knows my real name, or anything else about me.

Have a nice day

Edited by Katahdin on October 31, 2018 8:22PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RyanM @ZOS_JesC

Thank you.

Wow your acting like a kiss ass lol noone was bashing ZOS they simply wanted a statement to understand what happend. Obviously ZOS messed up and as consumers we are owed an explanation. Personally I dont care but you are trying to act all BA for ZOS when nothing OP said was wrong or should cause issue they simply wanted an explanation. But seriously "can we get a lock on this?" lmao just dont click the topic if you dont want to no one forced you to come in here and give your opinion. I believe at the very least this deserves to be discussed so we can get answers and not some shady sly cover up.

No one was harassing or causing a public trial they just wanted to know if it was intended or was just a mistake I dont think thats asking to much from a company many of us have spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars with.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
    Options
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I'm surprised. ZOS has made their commitment to shady moneymaking schemes pretty clear.
    • They neglect major gameplay bugs for months and years but roll out emergency patches when there's an issue with the crown store.
    • They release overpowered sets as part of new DLCs to drive up sales, then nerf them into oblivion in time for the next DLC.
    • They introduced actual gambling in the form of Crown Crates. Gambling's illegal in my state but apparently paying real money to gamble for in-game items is a-ok?

Not to mention I frequently don't receive the crowns from my ESO plus membership. I'm missing at least three months worth now, and have had no response to the support tickets I've filed about the issue. (Not even the usual automated email response.) It's happened to other people I know as well, so keep an eye on your crown balances when/if you renew.
    Edited by Mr_Wolfe on October 31, 2018 9:10PM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ih2Hg6i.png

I've addressed this point at least three times in this thread. Please read my original post all the way through, because I addressed it pretty thoroughly.

Then my post should have cleared things up for you. Maybe read it again if you did not pick up on it the first time.

Your original post makes huge assumptions with no basis, just your opinion. No where in the SS you posted does it indicate we would get a home because we purchased the DLC. No where. Just that we would have access to it. Very different word, very.

Being how clear it is I see no reason for Zos to reply to this thread with the same obvious information I have provided.

@Katahdin understands this very well. Read his two posts here. He understood clearly the first time he read the OP just like I did. No need to ask us to read the OP again just because we disagree with substance ang logic behind our opinions.
    Edited by idk on October 31, 2018 9:24PM
    Options
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ih2Hg6i.png

Then my post should have cleared things up for you. Maybe read it again if you did not pick up on it the first time.

Your original post makes huge assumptions with no basis, just your opinion. No where in the SS you posted does it indicate we would get a home because we purchased the DLC. No where. Just that we would have access to it. Very different word, very.

Being how clear it is I see no reason for Zos to reply to this thread with the same obvious information I have provided.

@Katahdin understands this very well. Read his two posts here. He understood clearly the first time he read the OP just like I did. No need to ask us to read the OP again just because we disagree with substance ang logic behind our opinions.

@idk Can you point out what part of the op indicates to you that he believes the screenshot proves people who purchase the dlc will “get a home”?

PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @weedgenius

What I actually suspect happened is that the Glade was supposed to be released with Wolfhunter originally, and then when they came up with the plan to give the Villa away for free during Summerfall, the money people panicked at the idea of giving up revenue from TWO giant houses that they were previously selling for like $150 each. So they changed it, but forgot to alter the tooltip. I don't know. Again, this is just speculation.

Pretty clear, in his baseless assumption. Maybe you need to read the OP again.

Clearly, if you read through the OP, OP changes their mind at one point and figured it meant you could buy this home if you had owned the DLC, but they clearly assumed at one point they assumed Zos was going to give them the house if they had the DLC.

Either way, there is no reason for Zos to reply to this post, or any post, because someone incorrectly assumes some things.
    Edited by idk on October 31, 2018 10:02PM
    Options
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @weedgenius

What I actually suspect happened is that the Glade was supposed to be released with Wolfhunter originally, and then when they came up with the plan to give the Villa away for free during Summerfall, the money people panicked at the idea of giving up revenue from TWO giant houses that they were previously selling for like $150 each. So they changed it, but forgot to alter the tooltip. I don't know. Again, this is just speculation.

Assumption =/= speculation
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @weedgenius

And both are without basis or evidence or proof which is exactly what OP did.

Thx for helping to prove my point.
    Options
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @weedgenius

And both are without basis or evidence or proof which is exactly what OP did.

Thx for helping to prove my point.

But as OP pointed out, there is precedent with Hakkvild’s High Hall
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
    Options
  • pocketdefender
    pocketdefender
    ✭✭✭
    @weedgenius

Clearly, if you read through the OP, OP changes their mind at one point and figured it meant you could buy this home if you had owned the DLC, but they clearly assumed at one point they assumed Zos was going to give them the house if they had the DLC.

Either way, there is no reason for Zos to reply to this post, or any post, because someone incorrectly assumes some things.

My "baseless assumption" was speculation, and I labeled it as such. "I suspect"

I'm interested to hear your opinion, though - exactly what "access" to the Hunter's Glade house did the Wolfhunter owners get that non-Wolfhunter owners did not get? That's the only problem.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @weedgenius

My "baseless assumption" was speculation, and I labeled it as such. "I suspect"

I'm interested to hear your opinion, though - exactly what "access" to the Hunter's Glade house did the Wolfhunter owners get that non-Wolfhunter owners did not get? That's the only problem.

We have already deduced the OP was mere guessing. I will not ask you to read the posts in this thread.

Access could merely mean the ability to purchase the home. That does not mean via in game gold and certainly no logical tie in with how a home happened to have been done with a previous DLC.
    Options
  • pocketdefender
    pocketdefender
    ✭✭✭
    Access could merely mean the ability to purchase the home. That does not mean via in game gold and certainly no logical tie in with how a home happened to have been done with a previous DLC.

Okay. Except non-Wolfhunter owners also had the same ability to purchase the home. So what "access" did people gain by purchasing the DLC, that people who did not purchase the DLC did not get?
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay. Except non-Wolfhunter owners also had the same ability to purchase the home. So what "access" did people gain by purchasing the DLC, that people who did not purchase the DLC did not get?

Define a non-wolfhunter owner.

I ask because if you mean an ESO+ member that did not spend crowns on that DLC then you are terribly mistaken. Zos cherishes ESO+ members for the regular subscription fee so much they keep adding great perks to it. They would never say an ESO+ member would not have access to a home because they did not spend extra money to buy the DLC.

Regardless, it does not make sense to sell a larger home and make it a very limited audience.
    Edited by idk on November 1, 2018 12:33AM
    Options