Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battle Spirit/40% clarification

lassitershawn
lassitershawn
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this has been clarified, but I would really like it if it was or if someone could direct me to where it was. Basically, if the 40% on Annulment/Ward is applied prior to battle spirit, the shields are usless, being somewhere around 4-5k and crittable. If battle spirit is applied prior to the 40%, shields will probably be 8-9kish and still usable albeit weakened.
William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    So does that change to shields occur before or after battle spirit. Because shields are cut in half in pvp. So if a sorc has like 20-24k health, as most do, then they can expect an 8k - 12k shield? (not the best a math). But if you cut it in half because of battle spirit then a sorc with that amount of health is looking at a very small shield. Can someone clarify?
    The current plan is for the new cap (based on maximum health) to be enforced after Battle Spirit is applied. In your example, if a Sorc with 24k hp and 35k Magicka casts Annulment:
    1. The shield would start at 12,250. (35k Magicka * 0.35 coefficient)
    2. The shield would be halved by Battle Spirit to 6,125.
    3. The shield would be unaffected by the health-based cap, because 6,125 < 9,600. (9,600 = 40% of 24k hp)

The team will continue to monitor and evaluate the change though.

Is this the information you are seeking?
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No additional interaction with Battle Spirit. These shields do not scale on HP they are only capped by it.

So you Hardened/Annulment scale on max magicka and are halved in PvP areas just like they are on live. The only difference is that now the size cannot exceed 40% max HP.
    Edited by Solariken on September 28, 2018 5:35PM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If a Sorc with 24k hp and 35k Magicka casts Annulment
    [...]the shield would be halved by Battle Spirit to 6,125.
    A mini shield that now will be critable and have low resistance due to LA seems not much better than the cast time. Looks to me like switching from Pest to Cholera.
    Edited by BalticBlues on September 28, 2018 5:51PM
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    If a Sorc with 24k hp and 35k Magicka casts Annulment
    [...]the shield would be halved by Battle Spirit to 6,125.
    Such a mini shield that now will be critable is as bad as the cast time.
    In Germany we have a saying for such a "sweet spot":
    You can choose between Pest and Cholera.

high resistance specs will probably benefit though

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and I do not understand this at all. Many people are complaining that the damage is so high now that only HA is viable for them. With this change the HA trend even will continue because LA simply is getting too risky with critable shield inheriting low resistance from LA. Shouldn't it be the other way round? Because LA usually is making magicka spells stronger, not weaker...
    Edited by BalticBlues on September 28, 2018 5:58PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I do not understand this at all. Many people are complaining that the damage is so high now that only HA is viable for them. With this change the HA trend even will continue because LA simply is getting too risky with critable shield inheriting low resistance from LA. Shouldn't it be the other way round? Because LA usually is making magicka spells stronger, not weaker...

Both are subject to bleeds at the same strength. If LA lets you roll more defensive setups outside armor (wizard, trans, pirate skeleton, etc), then LA would be better off than HA because they mostly have to roll a sustain set with 2 dmg sets or vice versa.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That answers my question, tyvm @Quazz.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2