Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Sorcerer Spamable?

Kinnahz
Kinnahz
✭✭✭
Hey!

I've seen a people using both Shrouded Daggers
RCH1SkB.png
and Crushing Weapon
ksnA9bs.png
as their spamable.

What one is most effective tho? I understand Shrouded Daggers has some cleave damage associated with it, And crushing has some healing. But what is pulling higher ST? *Purely for PvE is what i'm talking about :)
Edited by Kinnahz on September 28, 2018 2:58AM
Xbox Gamertag: KINNAHZ
vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL HM, vHoF HM, vAS+2, vCR+3, EoF, SoTN, Oax HM, Lyl & Tur HM vDSA, Unchained, Flawless, Spirit Slayer
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've heard, crushing weapon is better for dps, but I prefer shrouded daggers for the aoe aspect
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Shrouded Dagger, I wouldn't use both at the same time. Keep in mind that Shrouded Dagger gets an execute buff due to passives! Don't just compare tool tips. I suggest you test both yourself at the target dummy and in trials and keep what works best for you. It might be viable to switch the skills depending on the situation.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Crushing since it's a little bit cheaper and healing is always nice :)
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming you're weaving light attacks adequately, Crushing. Crushing is cheaper, deals more damage, heals you, adds a damage shield on that bar when blocking, grants a small source of damage through Spell Orb, and is much smoother to weave, making it function better as a spammable.

Personally, I use Shrouded, as while Crushing is better, I find it a little awkward to use due to the delayed nature of the damage. On paper, it functions very similar to other spammables, only the damage is shifted to the next light attack, but in practice, it just messes with my mind. I also value the cleave damage of Shrouded, and Shrouded can be weaved with heavy attacks, while Crushing cannot.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that crushing works great until it meets up with Aussie latency.
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Shrouded Daggers. Cleave. Bonus damage to mobs under 25%. And especially the 20 yard range.
    eisley the worst
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crushing = self heals and highier damage
    Shrouded Daggers = cleave, execute, more reliable to weave when fps is low.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frankly... You basically have to run Crushing Weapon because it is cheaper. Sustain is very hard on Stam Sorc, it's currently, by far the worst Stamina class when it comes to sustain (even on PTS). Its the only class to run Recovery Food + Ravager in order to have decent sustain (and health pool), whereas all the others can run Max Resource Food + Berserking Warrior and be perfectly fine.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Frankly... You basically have to run Crushing Weapon because it is cheaper. Sustain is very hard on Stam Sorc, it's currently, by far the worst Stamina class when it comes to sustain (even on PTS). Its the only class to run Recovery Food + Ravager in order to have decent sustain (and health pool), whereas all the others can run Max Resource Food + Berserking Warrior and be perfectly fine.

Sounds like a healer problem. With constant orbs, anyone can use blue food.
    eisley the worst
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Assuming you're weaving light attacks adequately, Crushing. Crushing is cheaper, deals more damage, heals you, adds a damage shield on that bar when blocking, grants a small source of damage through Spell Orb, and is much smoother to weave, making it function better as a spammable.

Personally, I use Shrouded, as while Crushing is better, I find it a little awkward to use due to the delayed nature of the damage. On paper, it functions very similar to other spammables, only the damage is shifted to the next light attack, but in practice, it just messes with my mind. I also value the cleave damage of Shrouded, and Shrouded can be weaved with heavy attacks, while Crushing cannot.

So much this, the order of operations just messes with me too much with crushing. Especially when trying to work a heavy attack. However, even if I get used to it, I think I would still prefer shrouded for the flexibility and other passives.
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    Both are used. It isn't an either or scenario. You should be using both. Use whichever skill applies to the situation it's needed for.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental weapon is better single target, Shrouded daggers is better AOE. That's pretty much it.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As others have mentioned.

Shrouded Daggers: AoE, more execute dmg.

Crushing Weapon: Single target, heal, passive shield, cheap, more sustained dmg.

I use shrouded dagger in group vet dungeons because killing trash quickly is important, pvp because of the execute and cc dmg + cleave AoE. I use crushing weapon in trials to dps the boss down faster with more sustain and survivability.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flying Dagger...its the best SingleTarget DPS Skill (other morph from shrouded dagger) - even better than Crushing...
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on September 29, 2018 12:04PM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that dual wields actual "spammable" is not even mentioned is hugely telling in this thread, what would flurry or it's morphs need to be used?
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rapid Strikes could be interrupted by Moving the Char or Bossattacks or even Standing out of Range...
    Love my Stamsorc
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rapid Strikes could be interrupted by Moving the Char or Bossattacks or even Standing out of Range...

In pve, which is what the op is asking about, this is almost never a concern.
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Loosing DMG is not a concern? On a channeling Skill?
    Love my Stamsorc
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Loosing DMG is not a concern? On a channeling Skill?

I am asking a serious question. What you are giving me is glib half answers. You seem to be implying that you will lose damage all the time, in pve. This is simply not true. And since the skill us under a 1 second channel( it is a .6 second channel), you won't even lose weaving. So I ask again, what would flurry have to do to be considered?
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 29, 2018 12:33PM
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then try it out...
    Love my Stamsorc
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then try it out...

I am not asking if it is better then the options already discussed in this thread, I am asking what flurry would need to be used. Is this a hard concept?
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 29, 2018 12:44PM
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then try it out...

I am not asking if it is better then the options already discussed in this thread, I am asking what flurry would need to be used. Is this a hard concept?

It's a dps loss over the other skills listed. The only way flurry will make a comeback would be buffing the VMA dw weapons or overtuning flurry in a future update.

It does however work well in draining perma block tanks in PvP of their stamina.
    Edited by Mister_DMC on September 29, 2018 1:42PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    Then try it out...

It's a dps loss over the other skills listed. The only way flurry will make a comeback would be buffing the VMA dw weapons or overtuning flurry in a future update.

It does however work well in draining perma block tanks in PvP of their stamina.

Okay. So just uping the damage? Is that the only solution? How about they lower hidden blades damage, since it is supposed to be a buff/ultilie skill, not a dps.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 29, 2018 1:51PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then try it out...

Okay. So just uping the damage? Is that the only solution? How about they lower hidden blades damage, since it is supposed to be a buff/ultilie skill, not a dps.

No thanks, flurry can either go for healing or more dmg, it's single target and fits within the 1sec gcd, the reason it isn't used is because of cp. On paper rapid strikes does more dmg then flying blade for single target and flying blade is the dmg morph, it's also cheaper and hits 5 times which helps proc set procs and the sorc implosion passive. The problem is cp doesn't effect the +300% hit at the end of flurry/rapid strikes and it doesn't count as "Melee dmg" for sets like ravager and selene.

Fix the bugs and the skill will be better to use again. I use rapid strikes in battlegrounds, there is no cp so it works great.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 29, 2018 2:38PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flying Dagger...its the best SingleTarget DPS Skill (other morph from shrouded dagger) - even better than Crushing...

Shrouded Daggers is a more useful skill overall due to it hitting multiple enemies. The range of Flying Blade is nice though for sure, mostly in PvP.
    Edited by oXI_Viper_IXo on September 29, 2018 2:59PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then try it out...

No thanks, flurry can either go for healing or more dmg, it's single target and fits within the 1sec gcd, the reason it isn't used is because of cp. On paper rapid strikes does more dmg then flying blade for single target and flying blade is the dmg morph, it's also cheaper and hits 5 times which helps proc set procs and the sorc implosion passive. The problem is cp doesn't effect the +300% hit at the end of flurry/rapid strikes and it doesn't count as "Melee dmg" for sets like ravager and selene.

Fix the bugs and the skill will be better to use again. I use rapid strikes in battlegrounds, there is no cp so it works great.

See. This is the kind if response that I wanted.

When you say the last hit is not impacted by cp, the first four hits are then? And since the base damage is, wouldn't it make that last hit, that is multiplied by 300%, also already buffed?
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crushing weapon is the dumbest skill in the game. It should be removed. The dev who thought it up needs to be knocked across the head. The animation is cancerous and anything buffing light attacks is downright 100 percent stupid. Literally the worse thing EVER implemented in this game. I've never asked for anything to be nerfed and this skill shouldn't be, it should be removed from the game.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Crushing weapon is the dumbest skill in the game. It should be removed. The dev who thought it up needs to be knocked across the head. The animation is cancerous and anything buffing light attacks is downright 100 percent stupid. Literally the worse thing EVER implemented in this game. I've never asked for anything to be nerfed and this skill shouldn't be, it should be removed from the game.

I have the same feeling about light attacks in general, who wants to click like crazy? That's why I run vMA on my pet sorc with HA not my Magblade with damn clicking and spamming 1-2 skills like crazy. Seriously after vMA on my Magblade my finger was in pain.
    Edited by Bevik on September 29, 2018 6:03PM
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shrouded Daggers.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »

It doesn't buff light attacks, it just requires you to light attack to actually get the damage, it does about the same damage as flying blade with different passives, cheaper cost, shorter range, and a heal.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP