The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Too many mag sorc posts...Lets start thinking ahead here!

• Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Ill start; Why not make a movablity build that uses shields as secondary defense while kyting? Rather build for high spell dmg insted of max mag and spec into movement speed and pasive healing. Blobsky has done already with a mag dk build that could be copied to mag sorc and might be even more effective on it.

Here is a little advice for You. Go play a magsorc in PvP in every aspect of it , solo , group , small scale large scale , Cyrodill , IC and Battlegrounds. Spend atleast 50 hours actively PvPing on that setup and THEN come back with advices. You advice magsorcs to be kiters when they are already focusing large part of their survival on kiting. You advice class that have lot of skills scaling strongly from max magicka to build into spell dmg. GG

I have a creative solution: Remove the cast time from shields.

Cause of people like you we wont get anywhere. This threat is clearly to stop the same whining and actually come up with something constructive in case Zos will not remove the cast time. So if you got nothing better to say please stay away from this threat and go complain in one of the other 99 sorc posts that cove the same bs...thx bud!

Cause of people like You who comment on builds they have no idea about we wont get anywhere. Your previous post proves how little You know about the class.

Just because I don’t play this class anymore it donst mean I don’t know anything about it. I got about 80 days of gameplay on mag spec and always stayed up to date with builds and balances...Again I’m looking for solutions cause I would like to pick it up again especially cause of the changes!
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill start; Why not make a movablity build that uses shields as secondary defense while kyting? Rather build for high spell dmg insted of max mag and spec into movement speed and pasive healing. Blobsky has done already with a mag dk build that could be copied to mag sorc and might be even more effective on it.

Here is a little advice for You. Go play a magsorc in PvP in every aspect of it , solo , group , small scale large scale , Cyrodill , IC and Battlegrounds. Spend atleast 50 hours actively PvPing on that setup and THEN come back with advices. You advice magsorcs to be kiters when they are already focusing large part of their survival on kiting. You advice class that have lot of skills scaling strongly from max magicka to build into spell dmg. GG

Cause of people like you we wont get anywhere. This threat is clearly to stop the same whining and actually come up with something constructive in case Zos will not remove the cast time. So if you got nothing better to say please stay away from this threat and go complain in one of the other 99 sorc posts that cove the same bs...thx bud!

Cause of people like You who comment on builds they have no idea about we wont get anywhere. Your previous post proves how little You know about the class.

Just because I don’t play this class anymore it donst mean I don’t know anything about it. I got about 80 days of gameplay on mag spec and always stayed up to date with builds and balances...Again I’m looking for solutions cause I would like to pick it up again especially cause of the changes!

I like the way you think. Magsorcs went from easy mode to having a high skill ceiling, and I find challenging content to be quite exciting.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    You only need Healing Ward as a Magsorc honestly. Have I played around with it this way? No, but on live that's how one of my guild mates play, and there are very few competitive duelists that can beat him.

I'm going to have to learn how to git gud without shield stacking, and so will you.

With harness and hardened off my bar I can fit lightning form and Combat Prayer on my bar; which when used in conjunction with the new resto is going to be a potent heal.

And a friend of mine create a stamblade and with out any prior knowledge was dominating all BGs and killed even a

Btw, how is your mathematical analysis of Shield buffing factors VS Damage buffing factors coming along? Will you include the new changes to the shields? I mean it's not live yet, but it would be interesting to see how these changes affect this comparison.

Yet you haven't provided any solutions yet, only some outlandish ideas that are as far removed from reality as people jumping off of roofs b/c they think they are a bird.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    You only need Healing Ward as a Magsorc honestly. Have I played around with it this way? No, but on live that's how one of my guild mates play, and there are very few competitive duelists that can beat him.

I'm going to have to learn how to git gud without shield stacking, and so will you.

With harness and hardened off my bar I can fit lightning form and Combat Prayer on my bar; which when used in conjunction with the new resto is going to be a potent heal.

And a friend of mine create a stamblade and with out any prior knowledge was dominating all BGs and killed even a

Btw, how is your mathematical analysis of Shield buffing factors VS Damage buffing factors coming along? Will you include the new changes to the shields? I mean it's not live yet, but it would be interesting to see how these changes affect this comparison.

Yet you haven't provided any solutions yet, only some outlandish ideas that are as far removed from reality as people jumping off of roofs b/c they think they are a bird.

I did lol. My first try will be spewing highly into weapon ding with medium armor and penials to match spell dmg. With this done the only stam I will be using is for vigor and dodgeroll. On top of that I will equip the new resto to boost the vigor vor another 30%

Sorry but you still don’t get it... This post is to find and discuss ideas so we see what could work and what not and then start crating builds and find solit solutions.
    For example we already agreed that movement builds alone won’t cut it but could lead to the right direction in combination with other stuff.

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Biro123 @Beardimus @Derra @Minalan

See you on my StamWarden guys. I’ll revisit my Sorc with Update 22.

I'm back playing Elite Dangerous for now, I picked up a new HOTAS setup and I'm enjoying it.

Seen you guys when they fix this disaster. Honestly I think they need to put Wrobel back in the time-out corner and let someone like Rich handle balancing like they did in the homestead patch.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's annoying about these posts is that sorcs weren't the only class affected by the nerfs. EVERY magicka class relies on shields just as much as sorc.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 26, 2018 4:11PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's annoying about these posts is that sorcs weren't the only class affected by the nerfs. EVERY magicka class relies on shields just as much as sorc.

Except that no other class also has a shield as their main class-based defence too..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo All, how many more post on how much you think the sorc changes suck yall wanna put on the forum? How about we start a threat here on what yall can do to compensate for these changes instead of the same ol “sorcs are dead, zos deleted sorc...”

Time to stop complaing and to get the creativity goin!

So OP wants everyone to roll over and die. Cease caring about your game play and think to the next DLC changes.

That is a great idea because it will clearly signal to Zos we will only hassle them for a week to 10 days then move on. They will know we are not serious. LOL.
  • Heymexa
    Heymexa
    ✭✭✭
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the nerf sorc threads that led up to this, I think it is a fair trade off.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Except that no other class also has a shield as their main class-based defence too..

Most other class-based defences suck, so everyone was forced to use Annulment.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

I've been playing Destiny 2 non-stop lately. I'll start playing ESO again either when Mirkmire goes live or when I get bored with D2; whichever comes first. I've logged into the PTS though, and I'm liking what I see. Glad to see Killer's Blade (a superior execute) now costs more than Reverse Slice. A good change.

Power Extraction is also going to be amazing for mob clearing! I'm pretty excited for next update.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a good alternative. But not everyone is is willing to switch the class.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields are just fine on pts now and it will not be changed in future. It will go live. Now sorcs have to adapt to do something else than shieldstack.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. Templars have learned to heal and so should sorcs now too.
  • Zaryc
    Zaryc
    ✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Shields are just fine on pts now and it will not be changed in future. It will go live. Now sorcs have to adapt to do something else than shieldstack.

Looks like someone don't know how to play against Sorcs.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With what abilities? Templar is the only class with a burst heal.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 26, 2018 6:48PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs are just going to have to learn to heal with no instant class heals... Ok then. I'm sure templars have a hard time learning to heal by spamming BOL, or anything else from an entire class tree dedicated to healers.

But Sorcs have a heal that requires crit damage to do like 500 healing in PVP, when you deal crit damage. Better not be on the defensive dealing no damage, can't heal that way. Or a pet that takes up two bar spaces, as if sorc didn't already have bar space issues, let's slot a pet that dies and takes up two, those poor Templars love double barring BOL am I right...

Or is it Dark Deal, the cast time heal that has the same issues as a cast time shield. Better not get interrupted when you need that valuable heal, or killed while you attempt to cast it. But those challenged at healing Templars have an AOE burst heal in Healing Ritual that at one point had a cast time... but it was removed because the skill was worthless with a cast time.

Or do we slot Mutagen, a heal over time that is pretty worthless without a shield covering it. Oh, that's right, Healing Ward. The skill that more often than not ends up on another player. And when you are lucky enough to land it on yourself, well it is gone in seconds unless you are a nightblade who can cover the shield with cloak, or you have another instant cast shield that can cover the pitiful shield that Healling Ward provides.

Please explain to me how a Sorc is just going to learn to heal with no viable burst heals available to the class.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭

well thats what I am trying to figure out. I do not play mag sorc much anymore because I fell like this class has become very easy mode and boring as this class seemed to be only viable with the same 2 builds.

According to you, there are currently only 2 viable builds for MagSorcs. If this upcoming patch only includes nerfs for sorcs, how does that create opportunity for a new build to be created? Yeah, they're introducing new sets, but do we all have to go get the DLC to have a viable build?

Now, in response to the original OP, I play on Xbox, so haven't had the chance to test these changes on the PTS, but I'm assuming Boundless Storm is going to become very important to use. I'm just struggling to even begin theorycrafting on the rest of it since they're removing a key skill that I've used since the game launched without giving me anything else to work with.

And the person that claims their friend only uses Healing Ward - that would absolutely not work in open world pvp, which is why you can only brag about your friends success with duels. If I'm in a small group battle trying to rely on healing ward, it's undoubtedly going to let me down at some point and get applied to a different person nearby in what is most likely a clench moment where I need that added defense.

I really wish one of these people talking about how great sorc mobility is would post a video of a MagSorc staying at range when fighting competent nightblades so that I can understand how this is done. Between bows, gap closers, and swift jewelry, the only time I can really stay at range for longer than a single attack is when I'm on top of a keep wall or they're fighting someone else.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what people were doing a few years ago before bolt escape got nerfed. Surge healing got nerfed from being 35% of critical damage done to a flat 1k~ heal with a 2-second cooldown.

To make what you are suggesting work ZOS would need to revert nerfs from several years ago.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I know people were playing hundreds of hours on mag DKs before 1.6 patch then left the class while still beeing in theory "up to date" with the changes because they've been reading patch notes and belive me I would say the same to them if they would start to coming here and comment on mag Dk subject especially if it would be so obvious from their comment they kinda lack understanding of the build.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They clearly said a few months ago they were "looking at shields", meaning shields will be rendered useless.

Magicka sorcerer has had essentially one viable build for 4 years. As soon as I heard "looking at shields", whoah, knew it was over and started hoarding for a race change. Lack of genetic diversity is a sure path to extinction.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hilarious.

Pesky templars learning to heal, its almost like they designed for it. Lol

Your analogy is bust, it would be like Templars never healing and trying to ward in this comparison
    Edited by Beardimus on September 27, 2018 6:15AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like posting a thread to criticize those who criticize seems kind of well... hypocritical.
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yo All, how many more post on how much you think the sorc changes suck yall wanna put on the forum? How about we start a threat here on what yall can do to compensate for these changes instead of the same ol “sorcs are dead, zos deleted sorc...”

Time to stop complaing and to get the creativity goin!

How many more posts about people making posts are people going to make? I'd be happy to make a thread for you to put them all in. I'm sure others would appreciate it :heart: