The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Too many mag sorc posts...Lets start thinking ahead here!

Dr.NRG
Dr.NRG
✭✭✭✭
Yo All, how many more post on how much you think the sorc changes suck yall wanna put on the forum? How about we start a threat here on what yall can do to compensate for these changes instead of the same ol “sorcs are dead, zos deleted sorc...”

Time to stop complaing and to get the creativity goin!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a creative solution: Remove the cast time from shields.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill start; Why not make a movablity build that uses shields as secondary defense while kyting? Rather build for high spell dmg insted of max mag and spec into movement speed and pasive healing. Blobsky has done already with a mag dk build that could be copied to mag sorc and might be even more effective on it.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭

Cause of people like you we wont get anywhere. This threat is clearly to stop the same whining and actually come up with something constructive in case Zos will not remove the cast time. So if you got nothing better to say please stay away from this threat and go complain in one of the other 99 sorc posts that cove the same bs...thx bud!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok ok, what if we removed the cast time, but in exchange shields were no longer immune to crits? That seems fair and balanced.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Yo All, how many more post on how much you think the sorc changes suck yall wanna put on the forum? How about we start a threat here on what yall can do to compensate for these changes instead of the same ol “sorcs are dead, zos deleted sorc...”

Time to stop complaing and to get the creativity goin!

I can make my sorc a crafter or play a no damage clunky heavy armor build that still gets outclassed by every other class. Is that a good way to look forward? Everyone should stock up on magblade meta gear as there are going to be a lot of new ones. Sorry there is no reason to play it when it is outclassed in every category by magblades.
    Edited by antihero727 on September 25, 2018 11:22PM
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok ok, what if we removed the cast time, but in exchange shields were no longer immune to crits? That seems fair and balanced.

Lol that was actually pretty funny;) seriously tho what if both stays as is in pts man? As sooner we start making builds to compensate for this as better we all will be off and if still not Zos will definitely make another change to help sorcs out suchs as granting them a decent heal or something
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm compensating for these changes by making a stamina warden. Already had to replace my 110+ days magsorc and my other 20+ days played magsorc with a magblade recently because magsorc was already dead in PvE (literally just a conduit slave). Now I can't even use my sorc in PvP because cast time on shields actually *** a class that has virtually no other native defense (surprise surprise). They even nerfed resto shield by making it crittable and taking the upfront heal away.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's right, we should all stop with the sorc' threads, and look to the future - ie what class we'll all be playing instead!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got any good post patch night blade builds?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill start; Why not make a movablity build that uses shields as secondary defense while kyting? Rather build for high spell dmg insted of max mag and spec into movement speed and pasive healing. Blobsky has done already with a mag dk build that could be copied to mag sorc and might be even more effective on it.

Calling for alternatives / solutions and then presenting something that is not feasible is really a great way of getting your thread started.

1) gap closer far outperform all gap openers in this game.
    2) stamina builds are too mobile to make mobility even remotely a decent primary counter / defensive tool.
    3) passive healing on a mag sorc would have to be completely reworked and insanely buffed to be remotely viable.

So instead of throwing around some half-baked ideas by randomly listing game mechanics, why don't you instead go on the live server, create a sorc build without shields, and then show us how well you do with it in competetive PvP and PvE - i.e. video proof!

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, if you’re looking for build alternatives. I tried a PVE front bar resto Sorc recently, with Ward Ally as a shield. Did not care for it, since that shield is very weak unless you are almost dead.

Still was able to pull 42k on a solo dummy parse by using Siroria, Mother’s Sorrow and Slimecraw, with a Maelstrom Inferno back bar. This is roughly 10-15% lower than dual destro builds, mostly from the loss of important passives like 8% more single target damage, 10% Spell pen, and increased status effect chance.

The one benefit of this build was that weaving resto Light Attacks with Elemental Weapon worked pretty well, since resto Light Attacks are the only ranged version to have no travel time. Also it was nice that every time I shielded, someone else in the group also got a shield.

Still, I don’t want this type of build to become a reality or necessity. I remember a time when Restoration Staves were the best weapon in ESO for all DPS a few years ago. It was terrible game design, and corrected long ago. I would much prefer we keep our instant shields that don’t rely on using a healer weapon.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure you are a better PvP'er than the other top tier sorcs here...so why don't you do us a favor and suggest a build that is viable so we can take a look at it and constructively discuss. And when I say viable, I am not talking about running away and hiding in a keep. Because you cant build for mobility/tankiness on a sorc and manage damage.

Pro-Tip- there isn't one.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭

I am sure you are a better PvP'er than the other top tier sorcs here...so why don't you do us a favor and suggest a build that is viable so we can take a look at it and constructively discuss. And when I say viable, I am not talking about running away and hiding in a keep. Because you cant build for mobility/tankiness on a sorc and manage damage.

Pro-Tip- there isn't one.

well thats what I am trying to figure out. I do not play mag sorc much anymore because I fell like this class has become very easy mode and boring as this class seemed to be only viable with the same 2 builds. Of all optios and build from mag to stam, Mag Sorcs aint much fun (at least not for the past 5 patches). With the new sets and balance changes there might be a new option to build a sorc that is viable and actually gains some respect on the battlefield. Thats what I am looking for.
    Also there is a good chance that Zos will not revert this change and rather nerf all other classes first xD So yeah so for most of us it seems pointless to explore any new sorc builds with that change but believe it or not there might be a killer build or two out there we just haven’t discovered yet. As a group we got a bigger chance of finging it.
    Or yall pull a Deltia and just quit coming back a couple weeks after cause people have figured out the change wasnt as bad as they thought due to people fing new options.

If the change sticks its up to yall how fast youll find a solution. But yeah people rather keep complaing instead of looking for solutions out of laziness. Seems to be a common problem in todays world.

For all I know, I will explore some options but if everyone rather keeps whining I do have many other toons I can play so what ever then. Just trying to help those who are getting so very frustrated ;)
    Edited by Dr.NRG on September 26, 2018 12:30AM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Switch to stam sorc and you get everything you are trying to retrofit into the mag sorc to compensate for losing shields, or bite the bullet and re-roll stamblade because anything stam sorc does, nightblade does better (same goes for mag sorc). But you can make a go of it least with stam sorc.

Man remember when resto staves gave a flat 10% damage boost....good times.

• Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not run a hybrid sorc with penials? you will be able to get over 5k weap and spell dmg. Like that you could still mainly attack with magicka but heal with a combination of vigor and the ward ally with the new staff equiped. You will get insane healz while still having very decent dmg plus you can dodge roll too
    @katorga
    @Malamar1229
    Edited by Dr.NRG on September 26, 2018 12:28AM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the change sticks its up to yall how fast youll find a solution. But yeah people rather keep complaing instead of looking for solutions out of laziness. Seems to be a common problem in todays world.

Name me a single product where you pay for it, then find out they have ruined it and if you dare complain, someone comes up to school you about how lazy or ungrateful you are.

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS ran out of participation trophies.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the changes goes live that is the last day in ESO for me, and many others. Trying to compensate patch after patch because of terrible balance gets boring after a while.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly if we are talking about creativity, how about a re-focus on fun? Combat in ESO has always had a nice fun flow to it, for as long as you have the resources to maintain that flow. Once resources have depleted that flow comes to a halt. But with this sudden push of cast timers out of no where.....it is like watching a video on the web.

For the most part, ESO's combat currently allows you to watch a video to completion. With what they are slowly introducing with these cast timers is now you can only get to a quarter of that video before you have to stop, watch an ad, then the video resumes until half the video is finished, another ad, and again at the 75% mark.

To continue with the analogy, would you like to watch a full episode of Game of Thrones without commercials or do you prefer every 10 minutes a segment of commercials appear?

I don't ask for much of this game outside of what is already presented, but this, this trend, this decision is un-fun. And if we are talking about the future, ZoS needs to refocus on what the community deems fun and what is fun for the game overall over whatever this new direction they are attempting to take.

"What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    the real disappoint is the "solution" to counter shield by add cast time that kill class flow

and to think that this is the developers solution just make me worried

thinking ahead I see not so good future , creeps classes and super op gears that require no skills.

ESO is great Buti full game , great art , music , styles , quests and much more
    But with broken skills and sets

• ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will you understand that most BiS setup for magSorc right now is subpar. On top of that you want us to go even further into niche builds. Sorc kill potential is very bad right now, but you want us to go even more potato with it by sloting mitigation and hots or whatevery you're suggesting.
    Just give us a class respec and be done with it.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    When will you understand that most BiS setup for magSorc right now is subpar. On top of that you want us to go even further into niche builds. Sorc kill potential is very bad right now, but you want us to go even more potato with it by sloting mitigation and hots or whatevery you're suggesting.

You mis-spelled stamplar! :lol:
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Cast-time shields are a lousy fit for kiting.

But instant-cast/delayed-effect shields and kiting could fit great with each other.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    ku5h wrote: »

You mis-spelled stamplar! :lol:

You made me lol, thx :)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a little advice for You. Go play a magsorc in PvP in every aspect of it , solo , group , small scale large scale , Cyrodill , IC and Battlegrounds. Spend atleast 50 hours actively PvPing on that setup and THEN come back with advices. You advice magsorcs to be kiters when they are already focusing large part of their survival on kiting. You advice class that have lot of skills scaling strongly from max magicka to build into spell dmg. GG

Cause of people like you we wont get anywhere. This threat is clearly to stop the same whining and actually come up with something constructive in case Zos will not remove the cast time. So if you got nothing better to say please stay away from this threat and go complain in one of the other 99 sorc posts that cove the same bs...thx bud!

Cause of people like You who comment on builds they have no idea about we wont get anywhere. Your previous post proves how little You know about the class.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You only need Healing Ward as a Magsorc honestly. Have I played around with it this way? No, but on live that's how one of my guild mates play, and there are very few competitive duelists that can beat him.

I'm going to have to learn how to git gud without shield stacking, and so will you.

With harness and hardened off my bar I can fit lightning form and Combat Prayer on my bar; which when used in conjunction with the new resto is going to be a potent heal.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I am on console I cannot test this build, but I have a doomsday build worked out if this shield thing goes live.

2 Piece Asylum Sword and Shield Front bar
    1 Piece Mender's Ward Back bar
    2 Piece Zaan
    3 Piece Willpower Jewelry
    5 Piece Robes of the Hist or Overwhelming Surge

Front Bar: Meteor, Absorb Magicka, Ele Weapon, C-Frag, Endless Fury, Haunting Curse
    Back Bar: Negate, Ward Ally, Boundless, Power Surge, Ball of Lightning, Dark Conversion

Hoping that Absorb Magicka with the Asylum Sword and Shield will help against Magic projectile damage and add to sustain and healing. Also hoping that Ward Ally plus the new restro staff aids in survival against stam and healing.

Robes of the Hist seems like the better option over Overwhelming. But I think either could work.

Honestly, I am not confident this build will be effective in any way.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few nonconstructive comments. Please remember to keep comments constructive and on topic with the thread. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Biro123 @Beardimus @Derra @Minalan

See you on my StamWarden guys. I’ll revisit my Sorc with Update 22.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.