The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Simple poll: Do you think ZOS will revert shields cast time after massive negative feedback?

• CrazyOne333
    CrazyOne333
    ✭✭
    No
    In my opinion there should be the "other" option.
    Why? Cause I think, that ZOS will surely do SOMETHING after some time...like...hmm..not fully reverse what they do to the shields, but surely half undo it...can't really put it in better words. :wink:

On the other hand...let us wait if anything will go life...and if, then how long it will take until another changes will appear and cause the trouble. :confused:
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No. Zos rarely revert changes, no matter how poorly conceived they are.

I hate shield stackers, but I hate cast times - ANY cast times more. The other changes are fine, but remove cast times from the game! All of them! They are awful and clunky.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Gunzork
    Gunzork
    ✭✭
    No
    They always do what they want even if it's not what the game need to get balanced..I seriously think the devs are not qualified to make change to the game or they just never played it and don't care about it.Like all players who PvP know we face many OP thing that need to get nerfed.But instead of nerfing what players need they nerfed the poor Magsorc instead and they made an already broken set (soldier of anguish) that 99% of stam user will run cause that will kill anything in front of them.We don't even need to try this set to know it will be broken and the devs made it!!!That's why I think they are not competent or they just don't care.And no I'm not playing a magsorc but I'm sad for them and sad for all the players who always wait for good changes and balances in the game but it's always worst every patch!
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No way. It’s like last update, every single post on the forums for 2 weeks was reinforcing how broken sloads was. What do they do? Add sloads. Then they end up nerfing it after anyways.

They’ll butcher mag classes then next update they’ll either nerf stamina into the ground or buff magicka again.
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    And then there are those of us who don’t get the panic over this change or see little cause for the developers to back down on it anyway...
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Most game dev teams in my experience don't go back on stuff like this. And it's not going to matter much to me anyway - I'm new to the game, I'll just adjust.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ZOS listens and then incorporates changes from maybe like 5% of virtually unanimous player feedback. But if ZOS includes a dev comment on a skill change, then it means ZOS thinks they know better than the thousands of players who have logged millions of hours on the classes that use said skill and fight against said skill.

So yeah, I'm expecting them to run forward with this and other horrible changes until all that's left is the casual RP crowd, the die-hard fans, and the whales.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Edited by Chicharron on September 25, 2018 11:57PM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Do you think ZOS will revert shields cast time after massive negative feedback?

nah, the unspeakable is infallible.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    while you continue playing, your opinion does not matter to them
    they are stubborn like mules.

that is not always bad.
    Edited by Chicharron on September 25, 2018 11:57PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Honestly, I feel that ZOS, like so many other companies and people in general have a hard time admitting fault. As far as I am aware they never completely reverted a change that went live. Often enough they would then try to compensate through other means just to not go back. Stun on frags for example. The whole rune cage thing is now going on for almost a year and the easiest solution would have been to return the stun to frags and revert rune cage and try something else to nerf or whatever they originally intended.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If they went out of their way to actually revert only a little bit of the changes, it would create a precedent for the future and they can't have that. Once we get what we ask for, even if it is totally reasonable, they will be faced with more threads they would need to lock. They need to keep their status of absolute authority of what is good for the game, otherwise they might loose their credibility and reputation as a company in general (or whatever is left of it).
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    - No, because one of the first things they teach you at management is that you never show you are weak or can do mistakes, but you must always double down and then again.

- No, because they know 95% of players are spineless weaklings, who shall bend down and keep paying anyway.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    - No, because one of the first things they teach you at management is that you never show you are weak or can do mistakes, but you must always double down and then again.

- No, because they know 95% of players are spineless weaklings, who shall bend down and keep paying anyway.

Glad i'm part of the 5%
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    For a lot of companies it really feels like they have a certain vision of how they want the game to be played, and any other enjoyable playstyle, balanced or not, must not exist and be stomped out. More so of a MMO thing actually, but it's unfortunate that these companies won't embrace organic builds and playstyles that their own players create, and instead insist on trying to force their vision on everyone.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This will go almost exactly like the animation canceling changes.

They will float it out there, let the testers test it, log the complaints and the pull it back.

They will then make a few tweeks and changes and put it back in the next cycle or the cycle after.

They have already told you as much, it will be pulled back in PTS 3.
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. They already have a similar morph for acceleration.
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I watch Death of a game a lot on youtube. Games die mostly due to changes made by the dev team or the dev team failing to provide a fun game to the players. Devs always do what they want, regardless of player feedback. I can't wait for 'Death of a Game: Elders Scrolls Online' to come out :)
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    VMA will not be possible for me with a cast time but I know they won't care about players with high ping.
    And VMA is pretty much all I have focussed on for well over a year. So once this goes live I'll probably just do new quests whenever DLC is released and that's it. That, from playing well over a combined 4000 hours among 10 characters, just on the one server.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Unlikely it would happen unless they make shields take a different kind of nerf. ZOS does not want anyone being able to have defense without an active role, and I doubt they would compromise their new combat vision to satisfy LA wearers.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If they didn’t change it after the first pts cycle after all the backlash (which is disturbing) I highly doubt it. Zos tends to stick with their decisions, at best it’ll get reverted in the next dlc.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    VMA will not be possible for me with a cast time but I know they won't care about players with high ping.
    And VMA is pretty much all I have focussed on for well over a year. So once this goes live I'll probably just do new quests whenever DLC is released and that's it. That, from playing well over a combined 4000 hours among 10 characters, just on the one server.

"player with high ping"....

Yep. *raises hand* 2 seconds. This game is really harder for me than either WoW or RIFT were. Not sure what goes on, but the ping here means playing is.... very.... problematic.

I don't want to go back to Skyrim yet though.... but if I'm still alive when TES VI lands, well....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on September 26, 2018 3:04AM
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. They will be going against the vast majority of the playerbase on this one, and that's that unfortunate.

It's part of the reason this development core will never really reach GREAT levels. The Storytelling, Lore & Art Divisions are all absolute top notch, but ESO's ineptitude regarding Combat & Balancing has long been the laughing stock of MMO's in regard to fun, balanced, competitive play. It's been the game's biggest bane since launch.

Ordeals like this really highlight why this game has to do things like rely so heavily on Lootboxes & Cash Shop Gambling instead of being the undisputed king of the industry, despite having all the tools & potential to accomplish it.

EDIT: It appears there has been an update!
    Edited by Vehlir on September 27, 2018 3:03AM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Yep. *raises hand* 2 seconds. This game is really harder for me than either WoW or RIFT were. Not sure what goes on, but the ping here means playing is.... very.... problematic.

I don't want to go back to Skyrim yet though.... but if I'm still alive when TES VI lands, well....

As soon as I have Red Dead 2 in my hands I'm very certain my ESO time will diminish significantly.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    this Summerset event brought the best spirit in the game... I saw it in chat zone PC NA and EU... Everyone helping each other in ways I have not seen in this game before. It brought some new comforting hope in humanity for me. So in this light, I will vote Yes to ESO
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There should have been a third option. After the huge negative feedback I think they will save face and still go ahead with the nerfs but listen to the community and make them less extreme so Sorcs are still playable.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

As soon as I have Red Dead 2 in my hands I'm very certain my ESO time will diminish significantly.

I have a good friend who loves RDR, and is waiting on 2.... salivating. It's not my thing though.... My thing is bounded by fantasy - FRPGs, FCRPGs, FMMORPGs. I just don't have any interest in anything not total fantasy - beginning with the Brothers Grimm and Scheherazade, as well as and going on from there to Burton's Kama Sutra etc. I've read widely all my life, and fantasy is my first and last love....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on September 26, 2018 3:57AM
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ZOS does not listen to its playerbase unless we have something nice to say.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Probably not. I honestly don't trust any studio, besides Digital Extremes, to truly listen to their community.
    Edited by SenorCrouch on September 26, 2018 4:35AM
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."