Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Simple poll: Do you think ZOS will revert shields cast time after massive negative feedback?

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes

Simple poll: Do you think ZOS will revert shields cast time after massive negative feedback? 437 votes

Yes
15%
jluchauxan4silkb14_ESODatoliteiqoologiceb17_ESONeroBadKolachekwinterDanteYodaNolaArchEvilKiwiLettigallEirellaabigfishySmoltPraboooDefiltedacw37162TheRealSnikerpod88kkDorianDragonRaze 69 votes
No
84%
laurajfConduit0Gilvothvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514Caligamy_ESOAcrolasarasysb14_ESOBigBraggdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOotis67Animus-ESOSigtrickypranb14_ESODarcyMardinVehlirDominoidssewallb14_ESOElsterchenprofundidob16_ESO 368 votes
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    they should but they won't

now it is a matter of pride for them
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    #BuffSorcs
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    My optimistic side wants to say yes, but it is overshadowed by my far more prevalent pessimistic side. Thus I have to go with, "No."
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I have about as much faith in Wrobel as I do that my cat is going to learn to fly someday.
    Edited by grannas211 on September 25, 2018 2:25PM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    It seems the feedback has been equal to me. Lots of mag classes wanting a reversal and Stam classes liking the changes. Plus we haven't seen the rest of the pts cycle so we know nothing will happen yet.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I wish they would but sadly we've seen this junk before with them. I have no faith in the combat team to do anything in favor of the player or sensical.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    ZOS has this weird pride thing going on with the PTS where they will never roll back any change, despite how wrong they were in making said change.

Theyd rather stab you and then give you a band-aid instead of stitch up the wound
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Thrain
    Thrain
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Maybe they make them not interruptable after 2 month but thats all i guess^^
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. I think they'll look at the feedback and address some issues others spot, but I think shields and cast times are the mechanics they've chosen for ESO now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They should but wont do it. Its turned from play how you want to play how we tell you, pretty soon it'll be like WoW.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Maryanne
    Maryanne
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I lost my faith in them. :(
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I lost faith in them
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cry babies should build their own game.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Valrien wrote: »
    ZOS has this weird pride thing going on with the PTS where they will never roll back any change, despite how wrong they were in making said change.

Theyd rather stab you and then give you a band-aid instead of stitch up the wound

Pretty much this. They never revert serious changes (that's why wy "cry" so much on forums, because we simply know it) before going live. Only after total disasters they band aid their "changes" causing just more chaos and problems. Then they do another "complete overhaul" of combat system and the circus starts again.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, but I'm going to wait until next week to see what happens. If they won't revert the cast time, we'll at LEAST have to make sure the cast time is as low as possible. This so-called "1 second" cast time is more like 1.8 seconds!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    While Zos has made adjustments in the past due to feedback, and technically did this time with removing the interruptible part they added to shields, they have also demonstrated they are willing to let their EGO win out.

I think this will be a case where they will let their EGO win to the detriment of the game. Solid solutions have been presented that follow the path Zos has already taken with another skill. These suggestions work to meet the principle reason Zos has stated they added the cast time to begin with, but it seems so far those ideas are being ignored. Obvious ideas.

I certainly hope Zos proves me wrong.
    Edited by idk on September 25, 2018 2:39PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think they should, but they won't, because most DEVS never admit to being wrong or that their ideas sucked... so they force them on players regardless and expect they will just accept it and continue on. Based upon the feedback I've seen, many players are now leaving this game. I will be cancelling my sub too, I'm going over to FFXIV... been with ESO for over three years and I'm really tired of the NERFS to everything and anything. They are sucking the fun out of the game little by little, and I'm over it. Perhaps if they make the game fun again I might return, but I'm not overly confident at this point. DCUO did the same, I had been with them for over two years, and they finally made enough mistakes (that they never admitted to yet reverted months later) that I finally left the game for good.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    They've a history of riding the train wreck all the way through the mountain and out the other side.

nothing-to-see-here-explosion-explode-bomb-fire-gif-4923610.gif

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Highly doubt it. The fact that they decided to respond to the feedbacks by removing interrupts to it means that they're adamant about the cast time changes.
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The only thing they ever reverted was when they wanted to give khajiits a 6% max stam passive. But then a whole lot of people bitched and said that this game will be Elder Khajiits Online. Feels bad. But thats the only thing I can remember that was ever reverted.

#GiveKhajiitsMaxStaminaPassive
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on September 25, 2018 3:03PM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they should reverse the change, but it's highly likely that they'll modify it. We're only at the first stage of testing.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Oops, I misread that as "should" they not "will" they. Should've have voted for no. :#
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    they should but they won't

now it is a matter of pride for them

Same like Sload and RC
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    i think its a good change but i would have done it differently.

first i would of increased the price to 6.5kish
    secondly i would of added a 50%mag regen debuff called shield charge for 3 seconds
    thirdly i would of made the shield a hot over three seconds so you get 25% instantly and 25% every second for 3 seconds
    lastly i would of made the duration still 6 seconds but add the charge time so 9 seconds total.
    instant cast.

that is balanced for mag based shields imo.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    EGOs never back down
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    wish i could say yes but i dont have any faith left in zos
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, because ZOS regularly breaks a class to give the old game a "new" touch.
    New is only that this time not only a player class but also an armor class will be broken.
    This time two crippled classes for the price of one - devs probably feel they are improving...
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes they should but they are too spiteful.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. To awkward.
    stance was: Shields r to strong and r going to be reworked.
    Idea: Risk-Reward-System: Casttime.
    -> makes shields alot weaker than intended.
    -> buff shields: increase duration, make resistances count in -> side effect: got rid of "clip damage"
    -> bad for pvp, incase u engage after casting shields w/ now longer dura
    -> make shields crittable
    Assumed internal discussion time on topic: atleast a week, maybe a month.
    -> removing casttime -> needs removing of all the other changes -> back to square 1.

Reading the forums, the majority of the forum readers doesnt seem to care enough to bother to answer (answers/views/voted ratios). There was so far one good thread, with numbers and comparisons (this morning, very good read) of someone who actually tested. There have been a handful of "i can still do vma" threads. There seems to be a 50:50 ratio on if its a good thing or not in the qq threads. There is a chance that 5 ppl leave the game over it, from their tone its not a loss tho.

This will go live with maybe some cosmetic changes, like 0.9 secs casttime at a 9.2 sec uptime.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ... bc templars have tried it all and everything, to no avail.

If its writen in the patch notes there is no turning back... with luck there is some tweaking tho.