The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reasons why you will never switch platforms

• lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could never play ESO on console or even any other elder scrolls game for that matter due to a lack of a minimap. If ES6 has a minimap, I'll think about it. I need my addons, not for "cheating" but to add basic functionality to a game that should have it included.

You think that's bad... alot of the older ES fanbase would have us running through the game using books and notes and then figuring out where to go - not even a compass.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    19252925456_906bc64228_c.jpg
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because i don't want to start all over again.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never owned a console and I will never be compelled to buy one.
    Why would I want to? I am already on the best platform for gaming performance wise.
    I bought the parts and built it myself and I can repair it myself.
    Its a lot more flexible in terms of storage space than a console.
    I can and do use my PC for things other than gaming
    We would fight over the TV if I had a console.
    I get left alone on my PC because its MY PC.

They will pry my mouse and keyboard out of my cold dead hands.

Edited by Katahdin on September 25, 2018 4:00AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I could transfer my account to PC from PS4 I would do it in a heartbeat. I play this game a lot and would really like the add-ons for quality of life improvements.

I have played several thousand hours and do not want to lose all of that time energy and money. This is my first real mmo I have ever played so I chalk it up to inexperience for not starting on pc.

I do wonder what ZOS plans are for when the new consoles comes out?
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I have all my guilds and friends here on EU, along with all my collectibles and achievements :/
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would I want to downgrade?

With my PC, if I want to play on my TV in my living room, I just stream to my Steam Link and play with my Steam Controller (with the mouse & keyboard UI, which is superior).

The only thing I'm "missing" is built-in voice chat. Or more like built-in stranger yelling and random music. Perfect for immersion!
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I do wonder what ZOS plans are for when the new consoles comes out?

That should be a major reason of concern for console players.
    Specially since the game relies on the console's online services, which won't last for long after a new console comes out.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not throwing away all the time and money I spent to start all over on PC.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like playing on consoles, no matter what game.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eons ago I played on the original PS and Xbox. Had a Xbox when TES3: Morrowind was one of Microsoft premier flagship games.
    Hated it. Lol.. It was SO hard at that time.
    Then saw the GoY edition for PC.
    Never picked up a controller since. That was 2004. Lol :)

FYI: Bethesda helped start the whole modding craze!
    TES3 on PC had a "Construction Disk" with basically all you needed to learn to mod.
    And all the best mods from Morrowind became base game in Oblivion, and so on...

TLDR: Have tried to play on console a few time with other games, cant't do it. My room mate has ESO on PS4. Cant do it.
    So for me PC all the way.
    My 2 Drakes.
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    addons, keyboard/mouse, PTS, chat, large player base, way more healthy Trade Center as well as guilds, higher perfomance like fps and loading time ( :trollface: ).
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalik_Gold wrote: »
    Don't want to start over.

This. I refuse to regrind all them skyshards, books, gear and CP. Let me move from Xbox to pc with all my stuff and I would in a second.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The effort doesn't faze me but I've no interest in going PC. Battle of the add ON's, doubt on hardware differences, CE, Macros etc etc.

I already have the odd doubt on console of what folks are up too so i couldn't handle that lol.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have both ps4 and up-to-snuff PC.. ps4 is used only when i have guests for several days/weeks so i remove PC completely from sight to avoid questions about it cost, contents etc o:)
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) I do not have any of the new consoles
    2) I prefer playing games on PC
    3) I have put so much time into ESO on PC, I wouldn't want to start from scratch.
    4) Addons.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve switched quite recently actually, and I’m doing quite well. I’m about cp 350 now with 9 alt characters. Pc addons are wonderful and I really can’t imagine going back. I also use my controller on the pc, because I just cannot use the keyboard and mouse. It feels just like console did but so much better.
    Edited by Neyane on September 25, 2018 8:38AM
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I could use a mouse and keyboard, I'd probably be playing from a console now :D The biggest problem is literally the controller. I have tiny hands and I can't reach all the buttons-- even holding shift as I'm running is a challenge on a standard keyboard TBH.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could log into my same characters from a pc, Xbox or PS4 I'd probably play on multiple platforms depending on my mood but there isn't a chance in hell I'm redoing 4+ years of progress and starting again.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinding CP, Characters, Gear, Mounts, Houses, Stations etc. is just too much...
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • atlgirl29_ESO
    atlgirl29_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

collectibles both earned in game and bought with crowns, including crapton of houses, preorder/beta pets, etc. multiple characters with fully leveled horses (that stuff takes 6 months) master crafter with fully finished research (that takes even longer the horse leveling) and a ton of recipes - both furnishing and cooking, as well as most motifs. releveling CP.

I just... have far too much time and effort invested to switch platforms.

This.. though if they would allow migration, I would do it.

• TwilightAngel_89
    I've played on a PlayStation since I was a kid I'm not gonna switch now
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 - I wouldnt switch for a few reasons.

1: Friends - I couldnt imagine NOT playing this game with the people I have been playing with for years. It wouldnt be the same without them. Our guild is like a family <3

2: Money/Time invested - Ive spent upwards of $2000 on my account in 2.5 years. Not having all of my stuff transfer with me would ruin the game for me. Also, The time invested on my characters and my craft bag. Thats alot of grinding and farming to have to do all over again.

I have considered buying the game on PC a few times, Because I would like to see what the difference is playing with add ons. But idk if I could make a permanent switch. I would be leaving too much behind that I feel is essential.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there was a way to swap progress from platform to platform, I think it would be pretty common. We all have those friends in-game who rage-swap factions/campaigns/classes...it would just add another thing for them to rage-swap.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth would I downgrade to a console?
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    19252925456_906bc64228_c.jpg

That is a pretty compelling reason...

I'm also on PC, and I don't own any of the new consoles (though I have a PS3 and an XBox360 that I haven't turned on in a while.

I played the TES games on the 360, and that was fine, but as others pointed out, my friends are all on PC-NA and they are one of the reasons I still play after 4 years. So I wouldn't leave them even if consoles provided better experience.

Though I don't really mind the idea of starting from scratch.

The Moot Councillor
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Is it possible to play on a Mac with my PC account?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: Is it possible to play on a Mac with my PC account?

Yes. Mac and PC are the same platform, as far as ESO servers are concerned.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Do consoles have mice now?
    confused24.gif

Yes there is a USB device which allows use of Keyboard and mouse for PS4.
    Includes macros so you can be just like PC. lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 25, 2018 2:50PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play games using mouse and keyboard, and have done for many years. Training my old fingers to use a game controller instead is just not going to happen.

PC EU