The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

Should Armor Type have a movement modifier

Illuvatarr
Illuvatarr
✭✭✭✭✭
Name says it all. Should lighter armor inherently have you move more quickly than heavier armor types.

Should Armor Type have a movement modifier 85 votes

Yes
54%
fastolfv_ESODeathStalkerkendellking_chaosb14_ESOLonePiratecontact.opiumb16_ESOAsNiedkojouEnkilDimentiy47KolacheAkimbroMorimizoIlluvatarrfelinith66UndefwunPraboooGoodFella146Rex-Umbrabrandonv516Somewhere 46 votes
No
27%
WingArcirisKanarpaulsimonpsCinbriDefiltedMartoAlexTheLionAliyavanaDKsUniteDoctordarkspawnAlventoorLarry78Chilly-McFreezeMystrius_ArchaionSilverIce58eso_nyaSilverPawsZeroXFFak_pvp 23 votes
Maybe, I would need to see a proposed system
18%
arkansas_ESOixieHidesFromSunIpslorDr.NRGGuyNamedSeanDojohodaSandman929scipionumatiaNumerikuucolossalvoidsNerftheforumsRedRookJPcrazysquirrel3DarkPictureTiZzA93 16 votes
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Definitely yes. Although just slightly.

We don't want 4 swifts on medium and 5 on light.

Unless you have a negative modifier in mind of course. That's even better.
    Edited by Nyladreas on September 24, 2018 7:00PM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all movement speeds need to be increased, both sneak speeds as well as mount speeds AND walking and running speeds.
    right now it is like we are crawling in mud, i Hate it.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes I support this. Right now with Swift my StamSorc can be at +70% speed without sprinting and in full heavy.. I def think full heavy should be slower movement. and honestly the sprint bonus from medium is pretty useless with the addition of Swift.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Remove snares from pve, give a magicka morph to rapids, remove the "the effect ends when u cast a spell" part, reduce cost by 50%.

If anything, heavy should give a movement speed bonus in pve. sucks to be the tank and having to waste stamina for sprinting when tryharding to catch up to the triggerhappy dds.

For pvp, aslong as its attached to battlespirit, do whatever.
    Edited by eso_nya on September 24, 2018 6:54PM
    Options
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted No but actually different Armor types already have a movement modifier: Medium Armor gains a % of sprint speed per piece worn. There's no need to add more.
    If that were to be ever introduced then Armor types penalized with slower movement should get something else in return.

I'm starting to think Stam in medium are lobbying for Swift nerf just because they don't like to loose their edge in PvP.

Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    At worst a cap. Not a blanket nerf.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Medium armor is the movement based armor. If you want to move faster, wear it.

Or there is swift ofc. Is this a nerf swift thread?
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Kanar wrote: »

This. We all know this is aimed at nerfing heavy. After nerfs to constitution and wrath (btw without adding any other passive, simply splitted one passive into two) now people want to nerf it's mobility as well.

And then there are traits that complain about people being untargetable fast. What shall it be now?
    Options
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    For PvP at least Heavy should not move as fast as Medium. 5 pieces of heavy needs a speed de-buff, and not just on sprint, because they they'll just wack on swift and not sprint.
    Just seems logical, I don't understand why that guy in full plate is going as fast as me in medium.

There needs to be more trade offs in general in the game. Look at the Kena monster set. That should be the template.
    Especially on currently 'free' dmg proc sets. There needs to be more conscious choices between stats to increase your dmg/sustain and 'free' dmg. So if you wanna proctard with 3 dmg sets you need to give up something.
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why do we need a movement speed nerf? Why? Players are running to fast? I (insert name here) do not like it when players run fast. I like moving slow so all players should be forced to slow down.

What is the point of slowing everyone down?
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we change the movement speed of armor types, then I insist in the name of realism that we alter the swim speed as well unless you unequip your armor.

Light Armor is slowed after exiting the water because of sopping wet robes.
    Heavy Armor just sinks like a stone.
    Options
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If mobility is to be the new means of surviving in light we should have better passives to help with that than just grace
    Options
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Defilted wrote: »
    Why do we need a movement speed nerf? Why? Players are running to fast? I (insert name here) do not like it when players run fast. I like moving slow so all players should be forced to slow down.

There is a good reason to nerf movement in the post swift world - the server code is trash and can't keep up, leading to a buggy mess when trying to attack a swift runner.

You could say server performance needs to be improved, but com'on let's be realistic here.
    Options
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

So you are saying that someone in platemail should move as quickly as someone in a robe?

Seriously?
    Options
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Illuvatarr wrote: »

So you are saying that someone in platemail should move as quickly as someone in a robe?

Seriously?

The one in platemail is a trained warrior, running and fighting is all he does. The one in light armor is a standard nerd, he's out of breath within 15 seconds.
    Edited by eso_nya on September 24, 2018 11:32PM
    Options
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, I would need to see a proposed system
    Then, I could finally make a character in medium armor and swift enchants and name him Barry Allen!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    they all already do (and will) in the form of various buffs.

medium armor increases move speed, the idea being your martially trained and can run faster, however it has no sprint cost reduction because your still encumbered

light armor has no speed bonus as your in theory not martially trained, however your not encumbered thus the sprint cost reduction and snare reduction as it is easy to move around in light armor. (though I would argue robes suck for running, but whatever)

and heavy armor gets nothing, because while you are probably martially trained your in full plate, so no bonuses.

it all works, heavy is the worst, and there was no nerfing or taking away from people involved. . .ta da.
    Edited by Wing on September 25, 2018 2:34AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. We all know this is aimed at nerfing heavy. After nerfs to constitution and wrath (btw without adding any other passive, simply splitted one passive into two) now people want to nerf it's mobility as well.

And then there are traits that complain about people being untargetable fast. What shall it be now?

Funny because in cp campaigns pretty much everyone who's a knowledgeable pvper runs heavy.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Heavy armor is overperforming in pvp now, especially with stamina-builds. I`d rather not see them nerf mitigation, healing and sustain of heavy armor, as that would also screw pve-tanks and they do not deserve nerfs. And aren`t heavy warrriors supposed to be able to stand ground and take beating? But what is there to nerf then? Damage-output and mobility.

There`s several well known heavy-sets that give way too much offensive potential while one enjoys good defense of heavy-armor, and swift-jewelry allows high movement-speed. Those heavy-sets giving lots of dmg sure would deserve reasonable downgrading of their power, but I`m not sure if that would be enough. Small difference in mobility however could be elegant way to give light- and medium-armor builds reasonable advantage over heavy. If heavy armors default movement speed would be 10% slower, I would consider that balanced and justified.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Always been up for this, probably more relevant now light at.our getting rekt. Might as well have something going for it.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

Funny because in cp campaigns pretty much everyone who's a knowledgeable pvper runs heavy.

And this has probably it's reason in sets and survivability. So Will slowing down heavy make light armor any more survivable? Nope, the shield cast time will still be detrimental to them. What light needs is mobility per se, not simply speed. Expedition and especially snare removal have to be accessable without being forcef into vamp or 2h for mag chars.

However, i'd be ok with the different speed suggestion as Long As it only comes in buffs to light and medium But Not as nerf to heavy. But then again, targeting is still an issue.
    Options