Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Daedric Prince should be getting more attention next?

• Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    @Syncronaut @PhantomOcelot @Tipsy We all want more of Oncle Sheo, but other than him, who would you like to see more of?

cheese-varieties.jpg
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    For all how I favor some others personally, I think Sanguine would be the more interesting option.
    fd137bd42e47e866bcdb1af210bdb891d51c6281_hq.jpg
    Since he seems so "harmless" at first... I mean, who doesn't love to party? Hedonistic indulgances of every nature, good music and entertainment, good drinks and foods, good dancing and revelry, good cuddling and fu... uhm... passion... what's not to like? Until you look a bit deeper... and realize all the sweet funtime honey is hiding a daedric trap, that all those "innocent pleasures" are just the beginning and each has a dark side...
    7bcd3219d415741135b3703b7c71f970.png
    Bonus points for questlines where you get two options, resist the temptation and have is easier in the end, or give in and then have to struggle a lot more - I definitely want a sidequest where your characters might have to struggle to extradite themselves from whatever trouble they got into... wake up in their underpants and have a "hangover" quest to find just where they left their gear and what they had been doing last night... with many, many embarrassing scenes (extra bonus if the scenes depend on what and who you interacted with during the "getting into trouble" part...)
    67c6f4de916d7976c6678e769b8a15ce.jpg
    Though I doubt this could be as fun as I imagine it. Because if it was, they would have made it an special expansion... an XXX-rated one... ;):naughty:

lol

This game is a bit too prudish for its own good. The little bit of sexual innuendo it does have usually make for some of the game's more memorable scenes.

I don't know why a M rated game like ESO is so timid about exploring adult themes.

Cause adult players are letting their children play as well. I doubt ZOS wants to portray tasty soft core prawns to an audience that young.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguine
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    For all how I favor some others personally, I think Sanguine would be the more interesting option.
    fd137bd42e47e866bcdb1af210bdb891d51c6281_hq.jpg
    Since he seems so "harmless" at first... I mean, who doesn't love to party? Hedonistic indulgances of every nature, good music and entertainment, good drinks and foods, good dancing and revelry, good cuddling and fu... uhm... passion... what's not to like? Until you look a bit deeper... and realize all the sweet funtime honey is hiding a daedric trap, that all those "innocent pleasures" are just the beginning and each has a dark side...
    7bcd3219d415741135b3703b7c71f970.png
    Bonus points for questlines where you get two options, resist the temptation and have is easier in the end, or give in and then have to struggle a lot more - I definitely want a sidequest where your characters might have to struggle to extradite themselves from whatever trouble they got into... wake up in their underpants and have a "hangover" quest to find just where they left their gear and what they had been doing last night... with many, many embarrassing scenes (extra bonus if the scenes depend on what and who you interacted with during the "getting into trouble" part...)
    67c6f4de916d7976c6678e769b8a15ce.jpg
    Though I doubt this could be as fun as I imagine it. Because if it was, they would have made it an special expansion... an XXX-rated one... ;):naughty:

lol

This game is a bit too prudish for its own good. The little bit of sexual innuendo it does have usually make for some of the game's more memorable scenes.

I don't know why a M rated game like ESO is so timid about exploring adult themes.

Cause adult players are letting their children play as well. I doubt ZOS wants to portray tasty soft core prawns to an audience that young.
    The game -IS- rated "M" or "mature", or "18+" in coutntries who prefer numbers in their ratings.

If parents ingore this... that is their choice.

Just like it would be the parents choice to give their kids and "18+" movie to watch.

Doesn't mean -all- movies need to be toned down just on the chance someone might ignore the rating and supply it to minors, yes? ;)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora
    "Hermaeus Mora knows the gate. Hermaeus Mora is the gate. Hermaeus Mora is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Hermaeus Mora."
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguine
    Majority of the people want Mora or Sanguine
  • Henryc1t807
    Henryc1t807
    ✭✭
    Narima is mentioned in maw of lorkhaj, she is the reason they are there
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora
    I'm glad the OP excluded those who have already had significant appearances - that was exactly my thinking, that it should be one who doesn't already have a lot of involvement in the storyline.

After that I picked the one I think has the best potential for stories I'd find interesting. Hermaeus Mora may not be the most dramatic daedra, but there's a lot of potential for weird and interesting stories and lore insights in forbidden (or simply hidden) knowledge.

(On a separate note I find it somewhat suspicious that Mehrunes Dagon hasn't had more involvement in ESO. You'd think with all the chaos and destruction going on, plus Molag Bal weakening the barrier between Oblivion and Nirn it would be an ideal time for him to get involved in current events. But maybe it would look too much like piggybacking off Molag Bal's plan? Maybe he prefers to wait a few hundred years and then attempt pretty much the same thing and pretend it's original?)

PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Namira
    @Henryc1t807 Does she have any dialogue there? I only ever did the last boss of vMoL and it was to my knowledge that the people there are related to Namira, but she isn't there herself.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Henryc1t807
    Henryc1t807
    ✭✭
    @Ratzkifal I suppose you're right. She never speaks in the trial herself but I just wanted to bring it up because it's important to know that she is the one behind one of the hardest pieces of content in the game. Much better than nocturnal where you actually stop the daedric prince themselves using only dawn breaker a couple of times.
  • Athannos
    Athannos
    ✭✭
    Sanguine
    Went with Sanguine, but would also love to see more of Hermaeus More, or even Dagon!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mehrunes Dagon
    Hircine is also ib Bankori
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peryite
    Pery is pretty much the underdog Daedra. For an entity as cool looking as he is, he gets ignored alot
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • CaptainBones
    CaptainBones
    ✭✭
    Peryite
    Sheo is overrated imo. Yes, he's a pretty memorable prince but people seem to want Sheo and only Sheo when he had his own expansion in Oblivion and was one of the more prominent gods in Skyrim. Princes like Peryite and Sanguine have barely had anything and are severely lacking lore but all people want every game is more Sheogorath. Getting quite obnoxious at this point.

In the end I went with Peryite because i think his sphere is very interesting. He's the prince of natural order which has a lot of potential for storylines involving plague, famine and population control. You could go fairly dark with Peryite but you could also make a good argument for siding with him as what he does is necessary. Not nice by any means but necessary.

Sanguine could be interesting if they went full XXX mode but I don't think they ever will. They would probably do a neutered version and that isn't what I imagine Sanguine to be. Better to leave him than to ruin the little lore he does have by turning him into a PG prince. Ofc if they did him justice then I'm 100% on board but after Nocturnal I have little faith.

I would also like to see more of Boethiah. Of the three reclamations Boethiah is probably the one we see least of and I've always found them to be rather intriguing. I love the story of how Malacath was created and ofc the Ebony Mail and always wanted to see more of this prince.

I guess you could also throw in Vaermina and Namira but I have to go with Peryite because there's just a lot of potential there for a story with no right answer. A story of ethicals vs necessity. In Skyrim there is no right or wrong answer between the Imperials and Stormcloaks. There are good points for and against both sides and it's up to the player to decide. I'd love that same principle to be applied to a Perite questline. Boethiah would be my second pick as I would have high hopes for them to delve into Sanguine's darker side but i don't think they would do him justice.

Enough with Sheogorath already. He's been used more than pretty much every god at this point when you add up all of the content he's had throughout the games and although he's not a bad character I'm just sick of people begging for him over and over when so many others have little lore and barely any content throughout the series. There's only so many times you can keep using the same princes before they get tiresome.
    Edited by CaptainBones on February 14, 2021 10:47AM
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meridia. She's pretending good, but I swear it's not that simple. Also would be nice to check if there are ayleid-like bodies under auroran's armour or not.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peryite
    I want to see more Peryite stuff. Playing the orcrest and deshaan questlines this year was real fun :D
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora
    Ideally ,logically prince we heard least off in other Elder Scrolls games,lore,etc or one never associated with any quest or interacted before.

Mora is one my favorite thanks to Dragonborn add on but he is not really a huge threat to Nirn as Molag,Dagon or Nocturnal for instance should they go against it.

I mean you can get more attention to certain prince not entire Chapter. It makes sense that Molag and Dagon are the greatest threat

I cannot see other prince having massive influence or danger or current presented.

In level of threat and how close were they:

3:) Nocturnal fooled other princes was close of achieving its goal in Crystal Tower if it was not for other Deadric help and sacrifice of two alies.

2) Dagon upcoming we will se.

1) Molag nobody will be a great threat, it took combined forced of vestige,greatest heroes,aylied king,another sacrifice fighter mages guild etc and BARELY made it after.

Mephala can return.

there are several princes that may have such a huge impact or devs to fashion entire realm,story,characters,monsters related to him.

I voted ultimately for Mora mainly on how was he and his realm portrayal in TESV.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacath
    In all honesty, I'd like to see another adventure with Molag Bal... just so we could beat him a second time!! I dunno, I just like him as a villain.

I picked Malacath since MB wasn't an option... we haven't had a large storyline directly involving Malacath that I recall.

Would also be in favor of more adventures featuring Clavicus Vile and Barbas. :)
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Namira
    Thread necromancy at it again.

Well, to add some more recent information to this, Namira got some minor attention now and Mehrunes Dagon is getting his turn next. We've had no new Peryite content since Elsweyr that I am aware of though.

Now I feel like Hermaeus Mora could get some attention next after Blackwood. Peryite had quite a lot of minor content already and I feel like there should still be some time left before we do a deep dive into the lore with him and get some major content.
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora
    We had a lot of daedric plots already.

Hermaeus Mora, Hircine and Sanguine aren't really antagonist material, they represent desires you can lose yourself in, and in a way they are lost themselves. Rather than just using mortals to fulfill their own desires, they invite them to partake. Not always to the benefit of the mortals, of course, but the danger comes from heedlessness, not malice.

That makes them interesting allies / patrons for the player or the antagonist, and from a storytelling perspective, Herma Mora has the most options in that regard.

• Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peryite
    Hermaeus Mora is really interesting but we got a Skyrim DLC focused on him. He also has a questline in Craglorn. If anything I wish they added to it.

Sanguine is my number 2 choice. We don't see much from him and he could be made more interesting.

Peryite has become more interesting with Markarth, as he's no longer the got of pestilence alone. They could keep the ball rolling and give us more info on him.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguine
    I don't know why Herma Mora would get so many votes because as others have said he has a whole DLC in TESV which, while is a different game, still makes him feel like he ''got his turn'' to me.
    I want to see Sanguine, Namira, Boethiah, Peryite, not necessarily in that order, but I voted for Sanguine because it feels like he has gotten so little and rarely gets mentioned lately.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boethia
    I want more Boethia. She represents the survival of the fittest, and gives us chances to prove ourselves. Of course, I main Dunmer, and that might make me biased.
  • Nareya726
    Nareya726
    ✭✭✭
    Boethia
    I'm still waiting to raid the Colored Rooms with as long as Merida's been hinted at to be an antagonist.

But as for princes we haven't seen much of I'd like to see Boethia.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora
    Pie King, the Daedric Prince of Chaos, but the good kind of chaos.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora
    Definitely!
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguine
    From this list, I have to pickup Sanguine because I despise Herma-mora and, honestly, whos cares about Peryite?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Namira
    I don't know why Herma Mora would get so many votes because as others have said he has a whole DLC in TESV which, while is a different game, still makes him feel like he ''got his turn'' to me.
    I want to see Sanguine, Namira, Boethiah, Peryite, not necessarily in that order, but I voted for Sanguine because it feels like he has gotten so little and rarely gets mentioned lately.

I think the reason is that we just saw his black books but nothing else. We got only little lore on the creatures of his realm but people want to see more of Apocrypha. Dragonborn was mostly about Miraak with Mora just kind of in the background and there is definitely a lot of potential left untapped.

Also you should keep in mind that this thread was made in 2018 so that vote is definitely not up to date anymore because we got Dagon confirmed now for example.
  • firstgirltwo
    Sanguine
    I like him more than everyone and everything, Sheo icluded (probably because he's everywhere these days too, though I love his quests).
    Also need more goats.
    Edited by firstgirltwo on February 14, 2021 5:31PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguine
    What's up with all the thread necromancy lately? Please check the date of discussions you post in!

...Anyhow: 🌹 Sanguine 🌹
    He's the least used prince in ESO and is severely underrated and underrused in the rest of the games aswell. We keep having Sheo pop up from the woodworks, and Mora also makes several appearances despite being seen as quite elusive, but not Sanguine? One of the princes that likes to meddle with mortals the most? Blasphemy.

[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!