The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Construct V2 - Stamplar build for Wolfhunter - 7.5k+ weapon damage

• PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    I just gotta throw it out there that Sweaty Vet/Shuffalo was also a great Stamplar on Xbox. He was extremely talented on every class but Stamplar was his main.

Crazy build btw, that’s insane dmg.

Kickback is also good. Cooqeh was great before he sold his account.

@Liam12548 has my vote for best stamplar Xbox NA I’ve played with and against him. In any BG he’s the number one most impactful person every single time.

If I’m not good enough to play in medium would you say that 5Fury 5Ravager 2 Balorgh would work? I last played Stamplar before PotL was a thing so I doubt I could survive in medium.
    Edited by PickleRick on September 22, 2018 6:10PM
    Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina seems fair
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    One of the few people I know is going to give me a headache as soon as I see their name . Haven’t seen anyone play stamplar like that since shellin3d and this kid who gt I can’t remember.

React >>>>>> Shellin
    One of the few people I know is going to give me a headache as soon as I see their name . Haven’t seen anyone play stamplar like that since shellin3d and this kid who gt I can’t remember.

React >>>>>> Shellin

Hard to compare. Haven’t seen shellin in a long time , just know back then he was one of the few stamplars running around and seen him wipe like 8 people before my eyes multiple times. Crazy thing is some of them was decent.

Shellin was like one of the first people to seriously play stamplar on our server, much respect for him. Unfortunately I don't think hes played in over a year, probably more.

React >>>>>> Shellin

Hard to compare. Haven’t seen shellin in a long time , just know back then he was one of the few stamplars running around and seen him wipe like 8 people before my eyes multiple times. Crazy thing is some of them was decent.

Can confirm this Shellin was one of the best players I’d seen when I played on Xbox back in the day. The guy was wrecking giant groups solo without any proc sets giving insane weapon damage.

Woah woah, I'd just like to point out that nowadays even with access to "proc sets giving insane weapon damage", 1vxing is harder than it ever has been in the history of the game. Back when shellin played, players didn't wear impen, they didn't have a concept of how to play the game, and they didn't have cap CP or access to 780 points to be spread among mitigation, sustain etc.

I respect shellin but let's not downplay the changes in the state of the game!

That’s why it’s pointless to compare players based on meta , have to be based on the current state of the game. But I will say everyone wasn’t that oblivious, last time he was on (visually) had to be before morrowind so people definitely should’ve known to wear impen. Just know back then stamplar was one of the most neglected classes next to Stam sorc so anyone that was doing good on those on those was probably better than most.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PickleRick wrote: »
    SneaK wrote: »
    I just gotta throw it out there that Sweaty Vet/Shuffalo was also a great Stamplar on Xbox. He was extremely talented on every class but Stamplar was his main.

Crazy build btw, that’s insane dmg.

Kickback is also good. Cooqeh was great before he sold his account.

@Liam12548 has my vote for best stamplar Xbox NA I’ve played with and against him. In any BG he’s the number one most impactful person every single time.

If I’m not good enough to play in medium would you say that 5Fury 5Ravager 2 Balorgh would work? I last played Stamplar before PotL was a thing so I doubt I could survive in medium.

Yeah that setup could work, although you're going to want to run a few prismatics & a triune with the lava foot food. The problem with fury is you have to take quite a bit of damage to proc it, and you're often kiting and purifying the dots that would keep it up while you're out of your taget's LoS. You could run this same exact setup in heavy with a couple adjustments and it'd work fine.

Rhage lionpride suggested and explained his reasoning for running fury on his plar, and after listening to him I gave it a try. I do like the line of stamina instead of crit (dropping ravager for fury on this exact build) and the overall extra survivability it adds in general, and it is nice to have access to higher max WD. However I found the issue I had with it was that with a Dw/2h setup or a bow/2h setup, I just didn't have enough mitigation & sustain in medium to take the beating I needed to proc it fully. My solution was to put on the master's s&b back bar, fury on the body, bloodspawn, clever alch on the front. Fully buffed this nets around 6300 WD with the gear set up exactly as it is in this guide, and allow for slightly higher max or the option to drop your triune or robust for a infused weapon glyph for higher overall damage. You also end up with around 12-16k pen, depending on your CP allocation and the resistances of the target you're fighting. Overall an extremely hard hitting setup with tons of mitigation in medium, and over 2k front/2.2k back regen if you use the lava foot. The only downside is the lack of consistent pressure on your targets, as you have no DoT outside of poisons and DB, + jabs are hard to land without an easy to apply snare like rending. This setup will become MUCH stronger in murkmire.

EDIT: Also, kickback is great
    Edited by React on September 25, 2018 2:19PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great build.
    As a player who prolly never will have masters dw, am I totally screwed when it comes to a competitive stamplar setup?
    Edited by Ariades_swe on September 25, 2018 5:00PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player who prolly never will have masters dw, am I totally screwed when it comes to a competitive stamplar setup?

Vet DSA is really, really easy. Its scaled to a much lower cp than the current cap, and with a competent tank it isnt that much of a task at all.

However if you dont have the dual wield, you can put on two agility rings and run a ravaging dual wield on the front bar. Not a bad substitute at all, you'll just lose a bit of your single target pressure.
    Edited by React on September 25, 2018 6:16PM
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vet DSA is really, really easy. Its scaled to a much lower cp than the current cap, and with a competent tank it isnt that much of a task at all.

However if you dont have the dual wield, you can put on two agility rings and run a ravaging dual wield on the front bar. Not a bad substitute at all, you'll just lose a bit of your single target pressure.

I've been running around and the pressure is insane vs people. The sudden burst when people don't expect me to shoot up 2k wpn dmg either is nice. Melted a guy yesterday when i was fully proc's and i crit him 4 times with jabs for 3.5k per....

However i'm struggling with snare to be honest, shuffle is far too expensive for a 2s snare and purge isn't great as i'm snared again instantly.

I do have 22k armour on dw not in rune up to a max of 28k in rune on defending backbar without bloodspawn proc.

I really hope they buff the snare removal and immunity with medium.

I was thinking of trying to use automaton and go main 2h bar and just have master dw back bar, that way i'd get the 30% stamina buff on kills from 2h bar and have more average dmg as auto gives roughly 250 less unbuffed wpn dmg than alch. I'd have to farm though.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been running around and the pressure is insane vs people. The sudden burst when people don't expect me to shoot up 2k wpn dmg either is nice. Melted a guy yesterday when i was fully proc's and i crit him 4 times with jabs for 3.5k per....

However i'm struggling with snare to be honest, shuffle is far too expensive for a 2s snare and purge isn't great as i'm snared again instantly.

I do have 22k armour on dw not in rune up to a max of 28k in rune on defending backbar without bloodspawn proc.

I really hope they buff the snare removal and immunity with medium.

I was thinking of trying to use automaton and go main 2h bar and just have master dw back bar, that way i'd get the 30% stamina buff on kills from 2h bar and have more average dmg as auto gives roughly 250 less unbuffed wpn dmg than alch. I'd have to farm though.

Well we're all praying that zenimax makes the RIGHT CALL and buffs shuffle's immunity duration this PTS cycle. It's long overdue for a buff, and if they don't make the change heavy armor will more or less become the meta (as blade cloak + FM will outperform shuffle + rally in most situations).

As far as snares go, you're generally going to want to cast shuffle every time you break free to get the cost reduction from your CP passive, unchained. Purify can also be used to remove snares, although less reliably due to not having immunity. I generally deal with snares by trying not to get snared as much by targets I know will constantly re-apply them if given the chance.

Auto is a great damage set, but it doesn't have any health bonuses and it doesn't affect your healing, so you'll have to change food to compensate for the lost health and you'll have to cope with the loss of healing somehow. At least darkshade 1 isn't a difficult dungeon to farm, especially since you can solo it on normal in under 10 minutes.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    What you would recommend as a replacement for Master weapons? Second question is, would such build work for other classes?
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭
    Incoming meditate nerf
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    I like it man, livin up to the stamplar name by bringing the damage.
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ad4mss wrote: »
    What you would recommend as a replacement for Master weapons? Second question is, would such build work for other classes?

Put on two agility rings, place the ravager dual wield on the front bar. It could work on any class, but ravager is a set far better suited for plar than any other class.
    Syhae wrote: »
    I like it man, livin up to the stamplar name by bringing the damage.

Always! Thanks.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well we're all praying that zenimax makes the RIGHT CALL and buffs shuffle's immunity duration this PTS cycle

It sure sounds like they are thinking about based on the 9/25 class rep meeting. Logically, shuffle should be 1 second per medium armor piece and Forward Momentum should be 4 seconds or less, the same as elusive mist.

OP has valid reasons for using Quick Cloak. If Shuffle gets buffed would you use both or drop quick cloak?
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Well we're all praying that zenimax makes the RIGHT CALL and buffs shuffle's immunity duration this PTS cycle

It sure sounds like they are thinking about based on the 9/25 class rep meeting. Logically, shuffle should be 1 second per medium armor piece and Forward Momentum should be 4 seconds or less, the same as elusive mist.

OP has valid reasons for using Quick Cloak. If Shuffle gets buffed would you use both or drop quick cloak?

Agreed.

Yeah, I'd definitely drop quick cloak. It frees up a bar slot which is really nice, and with the rune becoming stamina cost and providing us with near 500 regen equivalent, we have some great options for abilities to slot. Channeled acceleration, javelin, rearming trap, caltrops, steel tornado, crit rush, time stop,crushing weapons, etc. Theres gomna be a lot of testing to so to see what I like, but overall the build is getting significantly stronger next patch.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    now if I could just figure out how to get 7.5K weapon damage with Pelinal's back barred, and completely shock someone with a monster jesus beam or honor the dead an a stam build.
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    could i do the same on a NB? or are there crucial templar skills and passives? (nb is my only class with psijic maxed out)

i guess its biting jabs and those 2 backbar skills...

which weapons instead of the master ones?
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    no offense BUT like some guy wrote on another post, you can't just recommend 2 agility instead of master's DW and pretend its gonna be all good lol...it's gonna be a SIGNIFICANT disadvantage...and if you're not skilled enough to pass vdsa it's probably gonna hurt you even more in pvp since you won't get carried by the massive damage master's DW provide.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »
    no offense BUT like some guy wrote on another post, you can't just recommend 2 agility instead of master's DW and pretend its gonna be all good lol...it's gonna be a SIGNIFICANT disadvantage...and if you're not skilled enough to pass vdsa it's probably gonna hurt you even more in pvp since you won't get carried by the massive damage master's DW provide.

that sounded pretty damn offensive. no offense
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HansProlo wrote: »
    could i do the same on a NB? or are there crucial templar skills and passives? (nb is my only class with psijic maxed out)

i guess its biting jabs and those 2 backbar skills...

which weapons instead of the master ones?

Ravaging weapons instead of the master's dual wield, then two agility jewels. This will lower your single target damage slightly, but your healing and sustain will be slightly higher, your damage on ever ability apart from rending slashes will be higher, and the maximum damage number for power of the light will go up.

This could work well on stam sorc and I did try it on my DK with some success, but it really works best with the templar toolkit.
    daemonor wrote: »

PvE skills really have nothing to do with PvP, easy content aside.

Like I said, you lose some single target damage by dropping the master's duel wield, and using it is obviously my preference. But by running two agility you gain everything I mentioned in the response to the above quote. In a group setting where you have any builds dedicated to single target damage (mag/stam NBs, DK's, magsorc's generally fill this role) swapping agility into this setup may actually net more damage & healing overall on the abilities more frequently used in a group setting (POTL higher cap, more Jab damage, more dawnbreaker damage, higher vigor ticks). It's not a "significance disadvantage" overall, just a disadvantage in certain scenarios (dueling comes to mind).
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd throw away the 1 swift now that it has been nerfed to 6%, i know this was posted before the nerf. I would also change the jewelry glyphs to pot speed for the lower potion cooldown and higher uptime on clever. That's more for bgs though, i don't do cp pvp which is what this seems to be aimed at.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 swift is still what you're going to want, and trust me, this guy is both hard to hit and hard-hitting. Best Stamplar I've ever faced.

As powerful as his stats are, though the key to Liam's game is that he makes you miss and he rarely misses himself.

I was defending bleaks against just him one hight. And he killed my warden like 15-25 times before I was finally able to wipe him once. Caught him off guard with a WW transformation then quickly proced kena to juice my bleeds. He'd killed me before this incident on other occasions, and they were embarrassingly one-sided; but the fights got me much better against in your face pressure builds and taught me how to become really strong against top competition while in WW form.

the potion cooldown clever alchemist setup is only effective if you're going for high uptime major vitality, detection, immovability and/or protection. That's a PVP tank setup, but not really the best way to utilize alchemist in terms of damage, since you're losing out on like 800-1300 weapon damage. opportunity cost too high, imo.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I hate that you have more spell-dmg than most magsorcs can get!

Gotta get those ritual heals up!

Ive fought you a lot in the past year on my werewarden. My GT is KraftySynystra.

I've been wondering what you used to wreck face. You are by far the toughest stamplar I run into in shor or vivec. I reset my champion points like 3 times one night because my death recap caused me to doubt my own setup so much. That master's bleed seals it. gg

So you just use WW for the recovery?

In that case why not go vamp instead?

I've recently leveled my first stamplar and this was a setup, asided from Balorgh, that I'd considered. If you did switch in kena , that would probably get you to even higher weapon damage in WW form.

I was running a pelinals/kena/Prisoners setup that hit 6350 weapon damage in wolf from, and only one of those sets was contributing to it, so the potential for huge numbers is there. p

Darkstride+Prisoner's+Kena is what I'm currently employing on him, which prevents the stamina drain bug from affecting me and allows me to run at the speed cap with no stamina cost. 2K stam recovery, and 2K mag recovery while sprinting.

I'm getting pretty good with it, but I'd say I'm a much better WW still than a Stamplar. Working on it though

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive fought you a lot in the past year on my werewarden. My GT is KraftySynystra.

I've been wondering what you used to wreck face. You are by far the toughest stamplar I run into in shor or vivec. I reset my champion points like 3 times one night because my death recap caused me to doubt my own setup so much. That master's bleed seals it. gg

I've recently leveled my first stamplar and this was a setup, asided from Balorgh, that I'd considered. If you did switch in kena , that would probably get you to even higher weapon damage in WW form.

I was running a pelinals/kena/Prisoners setup that hit 6350 weapon damage in wolf from, and only one of those sets was contributing to it, so the potential for huge numbers is there. p

Darkstride+Prisoner's+Kena is what I'm currently employing on him, which prevents the stamina drain bug from affecting me and allows me to run at the speed cap with no stamina cost. 2K stam recovery, and 2K mag recovery while sprinting.

I'm getting pretty good with it, but I'd say I'm a much better WW still than a Stamplar. Working on it though

Vamp has far too many downsides in pvp now, every stam build uses dawnbreaker and the most seen proc set other than sloads is skoria.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 3, 2018 10:04AM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 swift is still what you're going to want, and trust me, this guy is both hard to hit and hard-hitting. Best Stamplar I've ever faced.

As powerful as his stats are, though the key to Liam's game is that he makes you miss and he rarely misses himself.

I was defending bleaks against just him one hight. And he killed my warden like 15-25 times before I was finally able to wipe him once. Caught him off guard with a WW transformation then quickly proced kena to juice my bleeds. He'd killed me before this incident on other occasions, and they were embarrassingly one-sided; but the fights got me much better against in your face pressure builds and taught me how to become really strong against top competition while in WW form.

the potion cooldown clever alchemist setup is only effective if you're going for high uptime major vitality, detection, immovability and/or protection. That's a PVP tank setup, but not really the best way to utilize alchemist in terms of damage, since you're losing out on like 800-1300 weapon damage. opportunity cost too high, imo.

I like your attitude.
    It's rare to see someone acknowledge that the opponent was really good and from that experience find a way to improve. Best way to get better imho.
    Alot of people can't take a 1v1 loss and start to cry for nerfs instead of analyzing their own build or gameplay.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 3, 2018 10:08AM
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I started reading this my first thought was "man this sounds like a console build".

Well done, for the pc players out there who don't know, players on console are generally better so having this much damage is more necessary.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was running a pelinals/kena/Prisoners setup that 6350 weapon damage in wolf from, and only one of those sets was contributing to it.

I do think you could try a modified CP setup that might make you even more formidable, particularly in the "red" stars.

There are points where the opportunity cost for the 6 spell and physical resistance buffs can be maximized in terms of mitigation per Champion point.

In medium, you really don't want more than 12 in armor focus or 17 spell shield (though next patch this will increase by about 4 in each). you don't want more than 37 from hardy and elemental expert, and you want at least 27 in each. you don't want less than 51 in ironclad and it's best to have as close to 66 as you can get, and 40-51 in thick-skinned is ideal (unless your ability to purge is so strong that dots rarely contribute to your deaths, then just go with what feels comfortable). Those three will combine for around 31% total mitigation.

51 19% Ironclad
    37 9% ele def
    37 9% hardy
    51 19% thick-skinned
    16 spell shield
    16 medium armor focus
    41 for resistant
    11 Physical defender

191 champions that give you 31% direct damage mitigation and 28% dot mitigation.

Without the armor passive /spell shield, liam, you're at around 21K and 24K. With just 16 cp in each, you'd be near 22.5K phys (~34%), 25.5K spell resist (~38.5%).

That's about 52.5% physical mitigation, 55.5% spell mitigation.

I'd put most of the rest in resistant, but then again, my light attack modifier in PVP is 160% since I always invest 71 in physical weapons expert, 51 master at arms, and 37 in mighty to achieve buku WW light attack buffs, so maybe more is in order at the moment. I'll look into it.

I like your attitude.
    It's rare to see someone acknowledge that the opponent was really good and from that experience find a way to improve. Best way to get better imho.
    Alot of people can't take a 1v1 loss and start to cry for nerfs instead of analyzing their own build or gameplay.

I can't lie, I cried about stamplar a little bit a first. LOL!

It was the class that my warden struggled most against by a wide margin at the time. It's really the best class against stamden I still feel, but it was also the only stam class I'd never played, so ultimately I knew that some if not most of my issues were due to not understanding the pressure points of the class and ignorance of some of their damage-dealing mechanics. So rather than continuing to moan and complain, I ultimately just made a stamplar myself. I figured, either I'll learn how to counter them by observing how good players counter mine or I'll have my very own god build. Win-Win.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your attitude.

Reminds me of an old saying, something about beating your head over an object?

But, yes, his outlook is a healthy dose of perspective. I wish more share in his gift of insight. Then maybe we would have less complainers.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on October 4, 2018 11:43AM
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your attitude.

See on PC you'd usually get the "nice macros" whisper
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is dead. At least that’s what you read here on the forums often :lol:
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.