Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SORCS: Take a Deep Breath

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Sorcs still have incredible time delayed high damage. Sorcs still have incredible mobility with streak and control with runes and mines. The changes to overload allow for all sorts of new and interesting playstyles.

Yes. You can still use shields for mitigation. You just need to pick your spots. You won’t be able to shield stack at will AND apply massive damage at the same time. You either pick to be on offensive rotation OR defensive rotation.

Sorcs are still strong and very good in pvp AND pve. Take a deep breath.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how someone who is clearly not affected tells everyone it’s fine.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you're casting shield with delay, character looks like dumb, slow etc. Again what do you expect from people who used instant cast skill for years after you gave them huge delay (I'm talking about PVE) I want to see how you will cast shield on 7 poisoned stage when boss will near you etc.
  • jerrodbuffington
    jerrodbuffington
    ✭✭✭
    1. Its any class that relys on the light armor shield and the sorcs.
    2. If this makes gameplay even harder in the extremely hard content, I will not be able to complete it. I dont know that this is the case, but I feel it will be. The reason I feel that way is because I casted my shield in *** situations and it saved me so many times in vma that I finally completed it after 500 deaths or there about. Thinking of vma without a shield makes me not wanna play. Will it effect the bottom line for zos if I quit? No. I dont think they would care at all.

My opinion is that cast time for shielding is bad. I feel that the game I like to play and struggle with at times will become even more difficult. Which will cause me to stop playing.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s not honest to ignore the fact that sorcs are still strong in many other aspects of the game. If you choose to go 100% offensive, you shouldn’t be allowed to tank up at the same time. When a stamina character has to run up to an enemy and take all kinds of damage along the way, there has to be a offset to that when a mag character can unload all sorts of damage from far away.
    Edited by Skoomah on September 17, 2018 9:50PM
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc offense is overrated and highly telegraphed. Delayed burst allows the combo to be broken fairly easy by competent players, esp since rune cage nerf. It isn't weak, but it is far from the best.

Shields will be worthless defense under any kind of pressure from someone who isn't a r3tard. Extremely aids cast time, if you get interrupted you take more damage (exploiter), being critable outweighs them having armor by far, and apparently enchants now proc easier on them or something (wasn't really aware of enchant/shield interactions being different from enchant/health interactions). Sorcs have weak healing (pets can die, have a cast time to summon, and are double barred on already strangled bars and are just stupid), and unlike other classes have no efficient cleanses, reflects, no cloak obviously, or HoTs. Also no reliable way to buff what heals we do have. Defile will be stronger than ever with indirect buff from shield nerf and the new broken "Soldier of Anguish" set. If you can't shield, can barely heal, and can't dodge (mag life) gl surviving any kind of pressure.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a Sorcerer exclusive problem.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, so a NB hits me from stealth taking out over half my health and I can't even shield up to defend myself. I really hate that the forums are moderated. Your idiocy is astounding.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    It’s not honest to ignore the fact that sorcs are still strong in many other aspects of the game.

Yeah, I’ll give you my main is still an excellent crafter.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, all sorcs will take a deep breath from all magicka DKs :smiley:
    Because I can!
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc offense is overrated and highly telegraphed. Delayed burst allows the combo to be broken fairly easy by competent players, esp since rune cage nerf. It isn't weak, but it is far from the best.

Shields will be worthless defense under any kind of pressure from someone who isn't a r3tard. Extremely aids cast time, if you get interrupted you take more damage (exploiter), being critable outweighs them having armor by far, and apparently enchants now proc easier on them or something (wasn't really aware of enchant/shield interactions being different from enchant/health interactions). Sorcs have weak healing (pets can die, have a cast time to summon, and are double barred on already strangled bars and are just stupid), and unlike other classes have no efficient cleanses, reflects, no cloak obviously, or HoTs. Also no reliable way to buff what heals we do have. Defile will be stronger than ever with indirect buff from shield nerf and the new broken "Soldier of Anguish" set. If you can't shield, can barely heal, and can't dodge (mag life) gl surviving any kind of pressure.

Finally someone who isnt dumb
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, take a deep breath. reroll magdk so you can use it.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @brandonv516 can you believe how bad they rekt light armor? Lmao! The devs have no clue what they are doing.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs still have incredible time delayed high damage. Sorcs still have incredible mobility with streak and control with runes and mines. The changes to overload allow for all sorts of new and interesting playstyles.

Yes. You can still use shields for mitigation. You just need to pick your spots. You won’t be able to shield stack at will AND apply massive damage at the same time. You either pick to be on offensive rotation OR defensive rotation.

...take a deep breath then press delete button...
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every single thing you said is false, I mean every single thing.
    That should be an achivement or something.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Massive dmg?

I'm running around with 3k spell dmg and 50k magicka and i can't burst any heavy users because my burst is so easily countered. Even if all of it hits its not going to come close to killing 25-30k heavy users.

Now with the shield changes i'd be forced to run heavy or become paper. With heavy i have less sustain and will need to lose even more dmg to compensate for that/

Playing a sorc with even less dmg is just pointless and is only a thing zerglings will run with cool 2k curse hits.
    Edited by leepalmer95 on September 17, 2018 10:04PM
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You must be a troll because nobody is this stupid.

Good luck with your great playstyle with Overload light attack dmg that just have been nerfed by 60%
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax going full Rodney King with theses nerfs to Sorc and the sad part about all of this is people will still complain the day after update 20 and everyday that sorcs are op
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    @brandonv516 can you believe how bad they rekt light armor? Lmao! The devs have no clue what they are doing.

Medium armor users received a urine odor-smelling attempt to changes.

Light armor users got straight pissed on.

:neutral:
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to say:

"Have you heard of the high elves (sorcerers)?"
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Medium armor users received a urine odor-smelling attempt to changes.

Light armor users got straight pissed on.

:neutral:

Its gonna be all heavy stamina here on out. Guarentee it.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I'm out. If the shield cast time goes live i'm changing class. PvE magsorc is already bad, but this is insane.

I'd rather run a bow/bow with shuffle than a mag sorc without shields.
    Edited by Tannus15 on September 17, 2018 10:41PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I love how someone who is clearly not affected tells everyone it’s fine.

Like how sorcs told everyone else? Yeah, I know right.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 17, 2018 10:42PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

Every single thing you said is false, I mean every single thing.
    That should be an achivement or something.

He'll probably run as next democrat President of the USA.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, im supposed to imagine this guy mastered the PTS already?
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topic starter is not the most intelligent person if at all intelligent.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can lead by example by playing magic sorc only and put your 1vx videos.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one worth a damn plays sorc on live right now...do you really think anyone will if changes go live????

• Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These comments are not accurate. Mag Sorcs are incredibly powerful on both PvP and PVE. Their kit is one of the most complete out of all the classes. Good options for range dps, aoe dps, single target dps, mitigation and tankiness in the form of shields and control with runes and mines, Mobility in the form of streak. Sorcs complete VMA with one skill bar all the time. They are arguably the best class to solo with in PvP. Incredibly powerful.
    Edited by Skoomah on September 18, 2018 12:00AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These comments are not accurate. Mag Sorcs are incredibly powerful on both PvP and PVE. Their kit is one of the most complete out of all the classes. Good options for range dps, aoe dps, single target dps, mitigation and tankiness in the form of shields and control with runes and mines, Mobility in the form of streak. Sorcs complete VMA with one skill bar all the time. They are arguably the best class to solo with in PvP. Incredibly powerful.

They aren't even close to being the best class to solo in pvp.

Literally anything stam is better.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all I need now against a Sorcs is Crushing Shock or Venom Arrow?
    As NB I still can additionally use Blur (against Curse), lul

Who creates this changes? Did he has ESO even installed on his PC?
    Edited by SilverWF on September 18, 2018 12:07AM
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!