The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why nerfing the Bear?

sampol212
sampol212
✭✭✭
Seriously why? Wardens are already the weakest class in the game and now you are nerfing that poor ***?
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, at least people will stop pointing at those artificially inflated DPS parses w/ the bear slotted as the reason that magwardens don't need a buff in PVE. -_-
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly wtf
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give you freedom to use other ults, ofc, that's obvious :wink:
    I have other question why nerf deceptive predator... so instead of 14 sec of flying we got useless permanent 5% aoe mitigation.. i guess it all to switch you to damage morph (which is 10% now :smiley: ), more useful for the group then your freedom of movement. Don't run around, fidget, stay and place and rotate.
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why use bear over aoe ultimates now unless for MA/WM?
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is they spun the nerf wheel and it happened to land on that. Gotta nerf something!
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sbioa.jpg
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We have to double bar the bear and now it’s useless. Magicka wardens remain the last class anybody wants as a DD. And whatever happened to ZOS supposedly understanding that we wanted some options to play a damage dealing ice mage??
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t bearly believe it either. It’s unbearable.

My Warden is a tank so he only uses the bear when solo but I need that source of damage because I can’t generate it myself.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    A 30% damage nerf??? Has anyone even complained that Guardian was outperforming? Well so much for the main selling feature of the Warden.
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 30% damage nerf??? Has anyone even complained that Guardian was outperforming? Well so much for the main selling feature of the Warden.

I guess they don’t want to sell skins after all. No point in buying a combat pet skin if I never see the pet due to low damage and no utility.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it’s because they have dps buffs planned for other warden skills later in the pts... don’t hold your breath though... you will probably suffocate
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had duelists report me for 14k Bear attacks o.o

I guess this is just a lazy attempt to get Wardens to use other ultimates besides the Bear. Real shame and completely unneeded nerf
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    half of the time the bear is teleporting around and having pathing issues in pve and pvp, in pvp on top the bear can never reach or attack anyone in this swift meta... :(
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're ruining this game, can't wait to see what they come up with next.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's absurd. If anything, the bear needs a buff.
    forever stuck in combat
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel saw endgame usage numbers for the warden, and asked himself "how can I make this number even smaller?"
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 18, 2018 7:08AM
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    sampol212 wrote: »
    Seriously why? Wardens are already the weakest class in the game and now you are nerfing that poor ***?

you didnt read the other changes right? warden going to be best class in cyro and probably also in pve.
    ..but yeah.. let's shed some tears for the roleplay bear.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its called DPS not BPS...
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently to circle jerk back and forth until we're all playing the game with wet ramen noodles as weapons. AKA it's all to appease the PVP crowd who complain about balance that will never, ever be possible to achieve.

The very notion of balance in any RPG style game is like a unicorn that *** diamonds under a rainbow. It doesn't, and realistically cannot exist.
    Edited by lagrue on September 18, 2018 7:20AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    Apparently to circle jerk back and forth until we're all playing the game with wet ramen noodles as weapons. AKA it's all to appease the PVP crowd who complain about balance that will never, ever be possible to achieve.

The very notion of balance in any RPG style game is like a unicorn that *** diamonds under a rainbow. It doesn't, and realistically cannot exist.

Bingo... PvP crowd cryers are damaging the game for everyone!
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Henceforth, all Warden Bears shall now be called Wounded Knee.
    Argonian forever
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the time my mom took away all my stuffed animals

"Aren't you a little too old for teddybears?"

:'(
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    meh... i just got used to slotting the dumb bear because "its better" and now its getting nerfed lol
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    swirve wrote: »

I don't know of a single PvPer that plays warden and slots bear OR has ever complained about it. Wait...hold on...I slot bear in PvP, but rarely.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    swirve wrote: »

I don't know of a single PvPer that plays warden and slots bear OR has ever complained about it. Wait...hold on...I slot bear in PvP, but rarely.

Likewise I don't know a single PVEr who ever said the game wasn't balanced or things needed to be nerfed, but I can find 100s of topics a day that are from PVP players complaining about 'x' being too OP... sooo yeah... just because the devs hit the wrong spot everytime, doesn't detract from the fact they do it to try an appease PVP playerbase.

Whether for the bear or anything else - the only reason they constantly mess with everything is because of the barrage of threads they face everyday from disgruntled PVP players.
    Edited by lagrue on September 18, 2018 9:24AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take the worst DPS class by far and nerf it...seriously?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the problem of having an analytic mind rather than a synthetic one.

When you look at ability usage numbers individually and just as a number, you usually miss the bigger picture.

And the bigger picture is - drum rolls- most Wardens run the Bear as an ulti because the Bear is OP in cuteness.
    Actually, the Bear is most likely why people play Wardens in the first place - not because it's efficient (it's not at all) but because it's cool.

But for the analytic mind the small picture that appears is: 90% of wardens use Bear as their ulti, we need to bring that number down cause it's wrong >>> nerf. Because it ruins that beautiful chart of skill usage with a huge spike, and we want that chart to be as flat as possible because then we can see balance.

At this point, I just wish the Devs were not so highly intelligent and would stop analyzing numbers but rather empathize with how the common folks feel about the game.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    It's the problem of having an analytic mind rather than a synthetic one.

When you look at ability usage numbers individually and just as a number, you usually miss the bigger picture.

And the bigger picture is - drum rolls- most Wardens run the Bear as an ulti because the Bear is OP in cuteness.
    Actually, the Bear is most likely why people play Wardens in the first place - not because it's efficient (it's not at all) but because it's cool.

But for the analytic mind the small picture that appears is: 90% of wardens use Bear as their ulti, we need to bring that number down cause it's wrong >>> nerf. Because it ruins that beautiful chart of skill usage with a huge spike, and we want that chart to be as flat as possible because then we can see balance.

At this point, I just wish the Devs were not so highly intelligent and would stop analyzing numbers but rather empathize with how the common folks feel about the game.

Whether that bear "feels" cool or not won't change the facts. If the bear was OP then it was OP.

Although I must admit that this change does have me a bit puzzled as well. Was it really doing that much damage that it had to be hit with a 30% nerf?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear got nerfed for simple reason: @ZoS STILL trying to balance PvP & PvE ~ same reason they do anything.

They need to seriously get over this because it will never happen and they will end up killing quite a good game in the process :(
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the point of my post... Bear was not OP, except for cuteness.

High percentage of users using one ability doesn't necessarily mean that that ability is OP, actually some of them can be underperforming.
    Example: newbies using Overload Heavies because it looks like Darth Sidious power when we all know until now it was a really weak ult.

What I'm pointing out is that looking at numbers only you might miss why an ability is used: not because it performs well, but because it feels fun. This is a game afterall, not a NASA launch.