The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Non-Class Combat Changes

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Soris , but the blade cloak already had that buff before, so what changed?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade cloak already had that buff but very tiny population have used it.

It will just be fotm to have perma aoe dmg reduction. Because every stam build will now have it through medium armor and dw. So as magicka too, just like forward momentum.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Soris , no, I was just confused by you saying "If the buff remain in blade cloak, we will see dw become fotm once again for both magicka and stamina." - so was surprised, since DW already had that buff on the Blade Cloak, so for dual-wielders nothing have changed, not like there's a reason for DW to be more popular than on live.

Now, I can see stamina builds running 2H/Bow builds using same buff from armor line, so those builds may benefit from it. I'm not sure about PvP specifics though - how often magicka runs medium armor (shuffle needs five pieces slotted) or DW? Or you mean hybrid builds?
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, I can see stamina builds running 2H/Bow builds using same buff from armor line, so those builds may benefit from it. I'm not sure about PvP specifics though - how often magicka runs medium armor (shuffle needs five pieces slotted) or DW? Or you mean hybrid builds?

He's speaking of nightblades that get major evasion in Mirage/Blur which used to be worthless, at least to me.
    I don't like RNG skills, especially as low as 15% chance, so 25% damage reduction to AoE is far better reliability and would actually tempt me to use it.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Mystrius_Archaion , ah. I was, again, confused by "...will now have it through medium armor and dw", so Mirage/Blur wasn't on my mind. Stands to reason, I suppose.

And I was advocating the removal of random-based defense from medium armor for a good while now. It's an atrocious idea, a defense that makes you "statistically only 85% dead". So I'll grudgingly say that change is towards better, though as always, not enough, since most stamina damage in PvE runs DW, and already has access to same named buff through Blade Cloak - still no single reason to slot Shuffle there. In PvP, will have its uses.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on September 18, 2018 10:24AM
  • tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    Every time they find something that makes us mad and want to quit... Nuf said.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Soris , no, I was just confused by you saying "If the buff remain in blade cloak, we will see dw become fotm once again for both magicka and stamina." - so was surprised, since DW already had that buff on the Blade Cloak, so for dual-wielders nothing have changed, not like there's a reason for DW to be more popular than on live.

With the medium armor evasion skill, all medium builds will naturally have aoe mitigation since the passive dodge removed from game. Stamina chars in heavy armor using dual wield for bleeds will now have a good reason to slot blade cloak. Because their medium armor cousins will widely use the new evasion and it will become no-brainer skill to not to use it with heavy armor. Popularity-wise people who use blade cloak with heavy armor will increase in numbers.

Magicka builds will see this popularity increase and they will qq about it. And they will think if all stamina builds will now have aoe dmg reduction, they will use it too through blade cloak. (Not medium armor) Using dual wield in magicka builds is not a bad setup anyways. I already have one dual wield build for my templar and dk and i will use it if those stam builds start countering my damage. I will counter their damage too. Hopefully i have explained the point right.

All im saying is; something already in game will become flavour of the month and be used by everybody. The only non affected class will be the nbs. They now have 3 different sources of new evasion and all their damage is single target including ultimate. So it is a big buff for them.
    Edited by Soris on September 18, 2018 11:05AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    I think changes are a good start in correcting the issue with builds having extreme amounts of offense and defense at the same time. It is good to see this finally be addressed. If players want to have more survivability then they need to build for it. Not have passive dodge, ridiculous shields, etc while at the same time having 40k+ resource pools, 3k+ spell/weapon damage with absurd amounts of burst damage. It’s gone on long enough.

-> well, unless you go heavy armor ;) ... and thats the situation presented.

New evasion is quite useless for most situations: one needs to wear 5 pieces of medium armor to get an ability that every DWer gets linked with a more usefull secondary effect (and that's true even if blade cloaks damage is further reduced by 25%). As said before, speed buffs are obtainable otherwise ... and speed is hard capped (so there isn't much incentive to stack more then cap anyways) ... and just think of how the snare removal is linked to the ability. For 15% dogde chance it was very good to have this secondary effect, bc one needed to recast the ability during battle - just when the snare removal might be good to have. With the new evasion... How many of you will recast this ability during battle to make use of the snare removal only? ... Please think about this.

For my DW stamplar there will be no reason left to go for medium armor.
    - Damage? -> I can utilize it with heavy sets (plus I can put on one medium damage set (jewellery/weapons) on top of that)
    - Defence ? -> its going to get much easier in heavy armor.
    - Sustain? -> ^

Imo, medium armor wasn't very attractive in the last patches... but it had at least one usefull tool. Looking at PTS... medium armor just got plain ugly with nothing appealing enough to even consider it a valid choice.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    way back sometime on ESO plus devs stated Werewolf couldn't be made a toggle like Sorcerer Overload as the game was designed with only one such toggle available, now Sorcs are losing the Overload bar can Werewolf now get an Overload style toggle?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor/Major Evasion: These buffs no longer grant a passive chance to dodge. They now reduce the damage you take from area of effect attacks by 5/25%. All abilities that previously granted Minor or Major Evasion have been converted to this new effect, and the Blade Cloak ability now grants Major Evasion.

I'm assuming this includes AOE damage from siege weapons, on which case this is absolutely NOT acceptable. Sieging was finally reaching a good balanced equilibrium, where it's a threat you need to deal with, while not being vastly OP either.

With a 25 % flat damage mitigation to siege AOE as well as any other mitigation to the rest of the damage, siege will be utterly useless against any stam build under the sun, and they can just simply disregard any siegers who try and push them off. While at the same time, magicka builds have their shields gutted now, and will be much more vulnerable to siege, with a cast time to shields.

IF this dodge-to-AOE mitigation goes live as it is, it absolutely needs to not work against sieging AOEs. Otherwise we might as well just drop trying to counter-siege any attackers altogether, as it will be a waste of time and effort.

Edited by Carbonised on September 18, 2018 12:19PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Minor/Major Evasion: These buffs no longer grant a passive chance to dodge. They now reduce the damage you take from area of effect attacks by 5/25%. All abilities that previously granted Minor or Major Evasion have been converted to this new effect, and the Blade Cloak ability now grants Major Evasion.

I'm assuming this includes AOE damage from siege weapons, on which case this is absolutely NOT acceptable. Sieging was finally reaching a good balanced equilibrium, where it's a threat you need to deal with, while not being vastly OP either.

With a 25 % flat damage mitigation to siege AOE as well as any other mitigation to the rest of the damage, siege will be utterly useless against any stam build under the sun, and they can just simply disregard any siegers who try and push them off. While at the same time, magicka builds have their shields gutted now, and will be much more vulnerable to siege, with a cast time to shields.

IF this dodge-to-AOE mitigation goes live as it is, it absolutely needs to not work against sieging AOEs. Otherwise we might as well just drop trying to counter-siege any attackers altogether, as it will be a waste of time and effort.

Dual-wield is already common enough in pvp, on the majority of builds it seems, and they run blade cloak when needed, but they don't need it because they just "get out of red".

This will not change much.
  • CeeJonesy
    CeeJonesy
    ✭✭✭
    I am a little bit underwhelmed by the changes made to medium armor. I expected a bit more after the announcement that light and medium passives would be overhauled on ESO live. However, I do appreciate that the damage increase was given to med users and I am very happy with the evasion changes.

I am really disappointed that you haven't looked into how dawnbreaker is overperforming. It is the go-to ult for both magic and stamina classes, even to the point where nightblades are using it this patch as they feel waiting for the stun on incap isn't worth it and this does the job just as well and hits multiple people.

When paired with steel tornado on a stam class the two abilities are all that's needed and because of that any time someone runs in a group of 2 or more when stam these two skills are essential. They outperform any other group set up by miles and works even better when all players run the same class (all stam sorc for the hurricane/implosion or stam warden for the subterranean assault).

Personally, I feel like dawnbreaker should have a slightly reduced range and narrower cone of effect, I feel the damage is fine, it should just hit fewer people. Steel tornado should start to execute from 25% or at the very most 50% not full health to bring the damage on the skill down a bit.
    PC EU | XBOX EU
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    From repeated testing on the PTS , I can confirm that the cast time for the shields is longer than a second. I'm from Brazil so I play with high latency , around 200 ms , and the cast time average between Annulment\Ward was around 2 seconds. It might be just my lag , but I think something is off.

And just to reiterate , I find the cast time absolutely unnecessary. There is no need for that. Make it so shields can't be stacked on top of another (stronger shield overwrites the weaker) , allow crits against them , penetration etc , reduce shields overall strength , say a 20k shield on live has now a 15k tooltip and remove shield from the Battle Spirit passive. That way shields are weaker in pve and pvp , without being unusable. (Values are illustrative)

About Major Evasion now reducing AoE damage , I feel that is a positive change , I'm all for removing RNG from combat , specially in pvp. Now , the changes to I frames of dodge roll can become quite an issue , not so much for stamina , but for magicka players since they can dodge less often , and if they mistime it , they will have wasted the stamina and still received the damage. When you consider high latency in several instances of the game , it will become quite problematic.
    Arkos Fortune - Kaor - Koras Fortune - Delaia - Leorio - Niota - Nyraele - Karos Fortune - Elara Fortune - Penélope - Frolics-in-the-swamp - Arynael - Sarovius - Eranyel
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concerning the changes to evasion, I agree that its a good change for PVE... but for PVP ? I don't think so. This is only possible because in PVE no mob uses the new evasion against players, while in PVP many players will use this ability.

Evasion as it is live has a 15 % RNG driven dodge chance and I can imagine that at some times a passively dodging target is frustating to fight.

Evasion how its going to be after update 20 goes live, has no RNG: all AOEs will have a 25% reduced damage. . This hits the damage output of all classes. ... some considerably more (You play dots?) then others, but damage of all aoes are going to be affected.
    -> People say that finally 2H can enjoy the blade cloak bonus of DW without DWing... sure, but DW can slot blade cloak and add damage migitation by using heavy armor. -> So the already reduced damage from aoes is even further reduced, always. (Not to mention CC immunity when using heavy armor ability). Personally I don't think its a good deal for 2H users, but I barely play 2H.
    -> People say its nice that everyone and their mother can access evasion after patch. Least assured everyone and their mother will access evasion after patch. Rendering your aoes 25% less effective in PVP, always. Bowmen ... did you enjoy the changes to scattershot? ... yep... just keep in mind ... evasion! ^^

So while the changes to medium armor are awesome for PVE, its going to hurt everyone (and their mother) in PVP ... not with a 15% chance, but always.

In order to make the evasion changes less severe in PVP, my suggestion would be to decrease damage reduction from battlescaling (maybe 15-25 % ?). This way aoe damage reduction is still going to hit hard, but single target attacks at least have a chance to make up for the loss and debuffing skills and dots are not rendered completelly useless (damagewise).
    Edited by Elsterchen on September 18, 2018 6:16PM
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the changes to damage shields, though I didn't see notes about Steadfast Ward being changed the same so was that missed?

Here are the pros and cons...

Pros:
    1) Resistances applying before damage shields benefits everyone. This is great.
    2) Duration of damage shields was too short before requiring doing almost nothing else. Now you can do other things in a rotation.
    3) This will make damage shields also help the Light of Cyrodiil set with the damage reduction while casting, as another cast time skill to use.

Cons:
    1) Cast time is interruptable. It's not any longer really than the animation was in actual usage, but it does have that slight vulnerability. Getting interrupted while using Light of Cyrodiil though is less of an issue then.

That's right; I only came up with 1 single "con" on that list that I can think of and 3 easy "pros".
    The only question is will damage shield strength change with the duration change or will the resistance changes be enough to compensate so that they can possibly last the entire duration. I hope that is the justification for the resistance changes.

Edit:
    I'll have to wait and see the shield strength to comment about the shield crit issue, but at least impenetrable helps with that. I don't like it forcing impenetrable even more though.
    At this point, I think we just need pvp gear and stats different from and separate from pve like DC Universe did years ago.
    The cast time isn't a bad thing though on shields with what we get for it and the Light of Cyrodiil set option.

Steadfast ward and it's morphs, thus far, remain instant cast.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you consider a rebalance of the dual wield 'twin blade and blunt' as well as the 2h 'heavy weapons' passives? For PvP the axe bonus is much better compared to both the sword and the mace bonuses.

Edit: The changes to shields will additionally make swords even weaker in comparison, since now the dagger and mace bonuses will be useful against them, and the bleed damage type of the axe bonus will bypass the added resistances.
    Edited by HankTwo on September 18, 2018 10:52PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I very much like the removal of RNG dodge, I think Major Evasion is getting handed out too much. Heavy armor stam bleed builds are already overtuned, and now they will have easy access to 30% aoe reduction.

Instead I suggest limiting Major Evasion to Shuffle, on Blur since it fits thematically with Nightblade and heavy stam will have to balance their magicka use with Cloak if they want it, and on the existing 3 armor sets with this buff.

Change Blade Cloak to provide another buff. For example, you might reduce the cost and put a brief major expedition on the base skill, then for the morphs add a more expensive snare removal plus 2 second immunity (a weaker, cheaper alternative to Forward Momentum) or significantly increased damage at the cheaper cost.

Upshot: giving heavy stam 30% aoe reduction on top of their healing, mitigation, speed and dodging is imbalanced.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make shuffle worth investing a skill point in! Nobody wants it to be a crappy combined version of blade cloak and forward momentum with higher cost, no damage output, no wothwhile buffs.
  • SirSchmoopy1535
    The changes to Major/Minor Evasion has disappointed me the most, mainly because this destroys the alternative NB Dodge Tank and one set I was particularly interested in running, Grace of Gloom, now has a very odd 5 pc bonus, basically hashing out to getting AOE mitigation proc-ed off of direct single target damage, how counter-intuitive is that?

At the very least I'd like to see Grace of Gloom (and maybe other Evasion related sets) get a rework/shift to account for this new change to Evasion.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've made a separate thread here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/436130/some-feedback-on-evasion#latest

I'll quote the OP here for visibility and ease of "feedbacking" (is that even a word?).
    Izaki wrote: »
    I really like the changes in this patch. There are 2 suggestions that I've made back in Morrowind and Horns Of The Reach PTS cycles that are finally being applied (Siphoning Strikes functioning with Heavy Attacks and Physical Damage on the Absorb Stamina Glyph respectively). Yay I'm a visionary! Or maybe it was just common sense? I'm just hoping that this piece of feedback will get applied before the Update goes live and not in one and a half years. Anyway, the class rework is looking good (although some fine-tuning is definitely needed) and most of the non-class combat changes are also good. I'm here to provide some feedback on Evasion buffs, because it's one of the biggest changes this patch and frankly, the one with the most issues. The great thing is that they are easily fixable.

First and foremost: 1 second cast time on shields. This is just too long. I can get on board with a cast-time however. In PvE, it will be a massive loss of DPS to apply a shield with a cast time. It also limits their usefulness too much, since for the most part, shields were an emergency button. I say reduce the cast-time to 0.5 seconds. It still breaks the fluidity of the gameplay and prevents shield spamming in both PvP and PvE, but without becoming a painfully long, clunky and unreliable form of defense.

Now let's get to the main part of what I wanted to give feedback on. Minor and Major Evasion. They need to be renamed! The name Evasion doesn't under any circumstances imply a buff that reduces AoE damage. So a name change is definitely in order.

A simple substitution of one buff for another raises a couple of issues with the abilities. Dodge Chance was an insanely strong buff since it allowed to avoid 100% of the damage of a given single target attack. AoE Damage reduction? Much more situational. The Blur morphs were previously very strong alternatives to Shuffle, but now, they pale in comparison. I'd even dare say that the Snare and Immobilization immunity on Shuffle itself should get a slight increase in duration.
    - Blur morphs. Getting Minor Resistance buffs or a speed buff in addition to a reduction in AoE damage doesn't compare to what Shuffle is doing or what Deadly Cloak is doing. Why? Deadly Cloak deals damage, which means that its application isn't a DPS loss in most cases, since its not an "empty cast" that doesn't deal any damage. Shuffle removes snares and provides short immunity to them (the duration of the latter should be increased slightly by the way). None of the Blur morphs compare to these two skills. Nightblades have A LOT of ways of getting Major Expedition: Crippling Crasp/Debilitate, Twisting/Refreshing Path, Dodge-rolling with a Bow equipped being the most commonly used ones. Double Take is mostly used on Heavy Armor Stamblade builds that don't incorporate the use of a Bow, other than that, there's no reason to use it over Shuffle in PvP or Deadly Cloak in PvE other than getting 2% Critical Chance (unlikely) and getting the Hemorrhage passive on one of your skill bars. The Minor Resistance buffs are only about 2% damage mitigation, and having that as a morph effect on an ability that reduces AoE damage by 25% is laughable.
    So some changes to Blur morphs are definitely in order. Suggestions off the top of my head would be to put both the Minor Resistances and Major Expedition on one of the morphs and then add a "Buff-While-Slotted" (Minor Vitality which used to be on Swallow Soul for example) for example. These are just examples off the top of my head and I'm sure ZOS will come up with better solutions if they put their heads at it.
    - Elude. While getting extra duration could be interesting, I doubt anyone would give up Snare and Immobilization removal/immunity for it.

After reading the Class Rep meeting notes regarding Dual Wield and Two Handed weapons in veteran Trials, I also wanted to mention the fact that most Stamina classes don't even use Deadly Cloak anymore. Firstly because they don't have the space on their bars or the time to apply it in their rotation, secondly because its a DPS loss to cast it instead of a spammable when Major group buffs are active (I can provide a more detailed explanation if people are interested) and thirdly because it's not needed in the majority of the boss fights (because of the abundance of Red Champion Points and great group ways to limit incoming damage). The only Hard Mode bosses where I've used and seen the best players use Deadly Cloak are: The Warrior, The Assembly General, Stonebreaker, The Saints (vAS+2) and Z'Maja (vCR+3) (but no one even plays Stamina builds on these two last mentioned raids so it doesn't really count). So Deadly Cloak is a necessity on a grand total of 3 bosses out of the 19 bosses on which Stamina builds are used. That's right. Deadly Cloak is not the reason why Dual Wield is preferred to Two-Handed weapons. I don't know why the Class Reps think so, since the reason is much simpler than that: its the Daggers and Twin Blade and Blunt! Dual Wielding 2 Daggers gives us a massive 10% crit chance. So if you want Two-Handed to be just as viable... GIVE US A GREATDAGGER! (Or considering the fact that no one knows what a "Greatdagger" actually is or could be, give us a 4th type of Two-Handed weapons that gives us 10% Crit Chance with the Heavy Weapons passive). I still very much agree on making the AoE Damage reduction buff accessible to all Stamina builds no matter the weapon choices.

My final piece of feedback on AoE Damage Reduction or the so-called "Evasion buffs" (really gotta change that name), is that the mitigation percentage should be reduced. Bring down Major Evasion from 25% to 15% (or 20%, but I'd lean more towards 15%).. Why? Because in PvP, most ultimates are AoE (Dawnbreaker, Dragon Leap, Crescent Sweep, Elemental Storm, Meteor, Standard, Nova, Negate, etc. etc.) Anyone who has a 25% AoE damage reduction will be virtually unkillable by these abilities. And here we're talking about Nightblades and Stamina classes (AKA the ones that are already at a strong advantage in the current patch). Just to make everyone happy and avoid the infamous "PvE getting nerfed because of PvP" comments, I'll also mention that if left at 25% mitigation, Mirage/Double Take will make Magblades once again the favored Magicka damage dealing class in Trials since they will have much stronger defensive capabilities than the others. Obviously, healers wearing sets like Gossamer are an option, but why have a healer wear Gossamer instead of a set that either boosts stats or buffs sustain? It would be much easier to just throw in some Magblades and call it a day. A 15% damage reduction is already very strong, but it is a bit more in line with other classes' defensive mechanics.

So there! My lots of cents on Evasion and some other stuff when I went off topic.

Izaki out

Edited by Izaki on September 19, 2018 1:05PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why isn't there a cast time on healing staff shields? It seems weird that a class shield is so much worse than a weapon shield now.

“Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    My final piece of feedback on AoE Damage Reduction or the so-called "Evasion buffs" (really gotta change that name), is that the mitigation percentage should be reduced. Bring down Major Evasion from 25% to 15% (or 20%, but I'd lean more towards 15%).. Why? Because in PvP, most ultimates are AoE (Dawnbreaker, Dragon Leap, Crescent Sweep, Elemental Storm, Meteor, Standard, Nova, Negate, etc. etc.) Anyone who has a 25% AoE damage reduction will be virtually unkillable by these abilities. And here we're talking about Nightblades and Stamina classes (AKA the ones that are already at a strong advantage in the current patch). Just to make everyone happy and avoid the infamous "PvE getting nerfed because of PvP" comments, I'll also mention that if left at 25% mitigation, Mirage/Double Take will make Magblades once again the favored Magicka damage dealing class in Trials since they will have much stronger defensive capabilities than the others. Obviously, healers wearing sets like Gossamer are an option, but why have a healer wear Gossamer instead of a set that either boosts stats or buffs sustain? It would be much easier to just throw in some Magblades and call it a day. A 15% damage reduction is already very strong, but it is a bit more in line with other classes' defensive mechanics.

The way the damage mitigation works players only receive part of that 15%. So, for example with 25% from champ points and 50% from gear that would only give ~62% damage reduction total. If 15% more were added it would only give ~68% total mitigation. 25% would only give ~72% total damage reduction. And that is not factoring in penetration; in a live environment most players will never reach 72% effective damage reduction on aoes. The more levels of mitigation that are present the less effective the new level of mitigation is.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cannot try the changes but just on paper I can say:

- I like the changes to medium armour. The new buff they got was amazing. What is it you ask? Oh well, easy. Major Disappointement. 3% more weapon damage? I hope more changes will come in the future but if you keep the one second cast time on shields, you're really going down the "everyone with heavy armour" meta. Medium armour needs more, WAY more to improve survivability;
    - No Undaunted Ulti. No rework and improvement for Trapping Webs. Minor Disappointement;
    - Snipe is still a stupidly strong skill for no reason;
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As Amdar_Godkiller said, and as I've outlined in other threads, with the rework of Major/Minor Evasion, Shuffle needs to be reworked to make it worth running. Simply put, the stamina cost and the gear restriction in no way justifies what Shuffle actually offers. This is all within the context of PVP, as you generally don't see people running Shuffle in PVE, for similar reasons.

If you're looking for snare immunity, which is what most Shuffle users are looking for, Forward Momentum offers a much better duration of snare immunity, for far less stamina. Even still, prior to the Major/Minor Evasion rework, Shuffle was still (arguably) worth running, as it was the only avenue many players had to accessing the passive dodge "buff", outside of like one or two class skills.

However, since the rework, I honestly don't think Shuffle is worth running, as the Forward Momentum + Blade Cloak combination offers better buffs, while costing far less stamina to maintain. Lets look at what each of these three skills offer, and compare them a bit.
    To preface, all of the stamina costs were sourced from my Redguard Stamina Dragonknight, who runs a 5/1/1 medium armour 2H/DW setup, wearing 5 Shacklebreaker + 5 Veiled Heritance + 2 Troll King. In my other comments to do with this topic, the stamina costs were sourced from my Redguard Stamina Sorcerer, who has higher cost reduction, and so the stamina costs in this comment will be a good bit higher.

Shuffle costs 3888 stamina, and grants snare removal, 2.5-3.5 seconds of snare immunity (0.5 seconds per piece of medium armour equipped), and 23 seconds of the new Major Evasion (AOE damage reduction).

Forward Momentum costs 1783 stamina, and grants snare removal, 8 seconds of snare immunity, and 33 seconds of both Major Brutality and a heal-over-time effect.

Blade Cloak costs 2835 stamina, and grants 15 seconds of both the new Major Evasion (AOE damage reduction) and an AOE damage-over-time effect. The AOE DOT can also proc enchants, and acts as a mini execute thanks to the dual wield passives. The Deadly Cloak morph offers about 50% more damage, while the Quick Cloak morph offers 5 seconds of Major Expedition. For this comment, we'll assume we have picked Quick Cloak, due to the added benefit of having Major Expedition whenever we need it.

Forward Momentum + Blade Cloak combined is about 19% more expensive than Shuffle alone, however offers 3.2x the duration of snare immunity assuming 5 pieces of medium armour (common for PVP). To maintain Shuffle for 40 straight seconds (the durations of the immunity of both Shuffle and Forward Momentum meet at 40 seconds), it would cost you 62208 stamina, compared to Forward Momentum + Blade Cloak, which would cost you 23090 stamina.

Forward Momentum + Blade Cloak is about 2.7x less expensive to maintain over the same time period as Shuffle, and offer a wider array of buffs and effects.

You can easily see that Forward Momentum + Blade Cloak is just far better value than Shuffle, and what makes the switch even easier is the fact that most stam players in PVP who run medium armour already run the other morph of Forward Momentum, Rally. All they have to do is swap morphs, then replace Shuffle and Blade Cloak, and they have access to a far better combination than Shuffle.

So, what can be done to combat this. Increase the duration of the snare immunity, and reduce the cost. Shuffle and Forward Moment should be switched, in my opinion, for snare immunity. Reduce the cost of Shuffle and give it 8-10 seconds of snare immunity (remember that it requires 5 medium armour to use, too), and reduce the snare immunity duration of Forward Momentum to 3-6 seconds. The fact that some generic two handed morph beats Shuffle so absolutely in terms of value is honestly a joke.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435633/pts-patch-notes-v4-2-0

Medium Armor
    -Agility: Increased the Weapon Damage bonus to 7/15% from 6/12%.
    THAT'S IT?!?!
    R.I.P. hopes & dreams for Medium Armor passive for Physical Penetration.

then you should give light spell damage. Immagine light amor with 15% more spell damage.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    I think the biggest issue is the evasion change. This change will force every class except nightblade into heavy. It directly buffs nightblades against every other class. They already have the strongest single target mitigation in the game with shadowy disguise. So we started using aoe skills they couldn’t dodge. You just gave them a 25 percent damage reduction to every stam classes burst. Reverse aoe morph,sub assault , dawnbreaker, leap, jabs, steel tornado. Not to mention destro, meteor, nova, negate. But they still get a 70 ult single target ultimate with defile. A single target spammable with major fracture, a single target execute. A single target mini ult proc.All which can no longer be passively dodged. By reducing the mark target uptime they can no longer self regulate other nightblades. The evasion change is nothing but a stamblade buff.

Assuming the 1 second cast time on shields is reversed for light. What are you offering medium armor as an additional form of damage mitigation? Because outside of nightblades it helps nobody. We need single target mitigation. You can’t make one class the direct counter to every other build. Light has shields atleast for now(if the cast time remains we all know light is dead).

Medium had snare removal and passive dodge with stam cost reductions. The passive dodge was a small measure of passive single target damage mitigation. Not reliable but worth it when paired with snare immunity.

Heavy is just that. It’s meant to be strong. In the current climate with the way heavy is already performing, how could you possibly justify the changes to both light and medium?

Not to mention with evasion changes nightblades don’t even have to run medium. They can use blur with heavy and shadowy. They get the strongest armor, instant los (which mitigates both dots and single target skills) and a 25 percent damage reduction to every ultimate or counter play ability.

• Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, why certain minor buffs have been buffed meanwhile others have stayed the same?
    2% increase on Minor Berserk and Minor Vulnerabilty won't hurt that much.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall it feels almost same as any previous big patch. A lot of huge changes to functionality of skills and buffs, lot of confusion about what works and how. Too drastical changes to absorb shield mechanics, evasion buff... all that seemingly without a second tought about all possibly affected skills/playstyles/classes and areas (PvP/PvE).

Ever since ZoS shifted from small incremental changes back in 2014 to big across the board sweeps and huge changes, every PTS cycle and read9ng trought the patch notes feels the same... huge question mark inside my skull.

Every time this happens it makes me go back to my StamBlade because those are seemingly consistent and somehow most manageable to adjust to all those big changes.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Shinshadow wrote: »
    Let me get this straight..

It now reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 1/2/4% per piece of Light Armor worn, and reduces the cost of Sprint by 1/2/3% per piece of Light Armor worn.

Light Armor gets a buff, by getting medium armor's passive ability but Shuffle gets more useless than ever with no real changes to medium armor??

Welcome to ELDER SCROLLS STAVES ONLINE.

You not notice the shield nerfs? Light armour is all but dead. Heavy or nothing now.

This.

The "goal" of this patch was to bring light armor and medium armor up to heavy armor. Instead they nerf medium and light. What the hell?
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you could nerf the living *** out of all healing spells and make a passive ability that buffs all healing spells by 300% while restoration staff equipped.
    This would make healers desirable, because nobody would be able to heal themself properly otherwise.

Edited by Anhedonie on September 21, 2018 12:14AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.