The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Wardens

• knighting68
    knighting68
    ✭✭
    Winter’s Embrace
    Arctic Wind
    Arctic Blast (morph): This morph now fires a projectile that stuns the target in addition to healing you. It requires an enemy target to cast the ability. This ability also no longer deals damage over time based on your maximum health.

IMO most of the changes in this patch are for the good (for overall balance) but this one is terrible and unnecessary. Please revert this change or make that stun part of a different ability like the Polar Wind morph, not the Arctic Blast morph.

I understand ZOS was likely trying to listen to the feedback and QQ of PvP Wardens that want more utility. But, what about those of us who have spent the time and energy making a viable PvE Warden Tank focused around abilities like Arctic Blast and Gripping Shards? Our damage output is already way below every other class. What is the reasoning for this?

As a casual player, I'm so pissed off because of time and energy I've put into my Warden Tank and obtaining/upgrading his high health sets, and now my base damage output is cut in half. Plus, you have to have a target now in order to heal. This really sucks.

ZOS could have easily just modified the Polar Wind morph which would be less of an impact (reduce the nearby ally heal % and adding in a stun), but no, you just had to mess with Arctic Blast and the DoT based on max-health with no explanation or reasoning.
    Edited by knighting68 on September 17, 2018 7:45PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden has enough issues 1v1 against stamblades and now they get an extra 25% reduction to Sub/Dawnbreaker combo. Major Evasion change is terrible for Wardens. It's time for the forums to take a stand against all the NB buffs.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, overall I expected nothing and you still let me down ZOS.
    Keep up the...well, better luck next time, I guess.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That arctic blast stun will benefit heavy Stamden more than any Magden (why no ice dot to give Magden a reason to run this over flame reach!)... and then they nerfed flies for no reason even though only Magden uses it (thought this was gonna becomw a mag poison inj type execute to bring Magden in line with other classes!)... and then they made shields crittable and have a cast time (what happened to promoting light armor?)... is it even possible for zos to give Magden specifically a buff? Someone pls tell us that this is not the end of this pts cycle and that they won’t just push these changes forward without any regard for our feedback like they did to Magden in last few patches...
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    Arctic blast change decreases the crowd control, AOE minor maim, and little bit of AOE damage capabilities for warden tank both in PvE and PvP.

Please revert the change....
    Aknight
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    can't help but feel like this is being done as an overall way to discourage people from using the skill instead of dealing with the various combat pet problems.

Probably not.

They did actually buff per sorcerer sustain. Nobody cares, because nobody plans to play sorcerer any more. But technically, they did buff aspects of sorcerer pet builds.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Betty Netch:
    Fixed an issue where the beam visual effects would not display if you recast the ability or its morphs.
    That's too bad, I really dislike being leashed visually to a pet. A faint glow would suffice.

Feral Guardian:
    Feral Guardian: Decreased the damage done by the bear summoned from this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    Did the full explanation of this not make the patch notes? As I was reading this I was expecting to see Feral Guardian and its morphs can now be slotted on one bar and persist through weapon swap? Also Feral Guardian would receive buffs given and received to its master. Also Feral Guardian receives its masters Impenetrable stat.

Swarm:
    Swarm: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    Even more of a reason not to use? I'm really lost on this one. Slowest delivery, odd morphs, and now costs 30% more?

Nature's Grasp:
    Nature’s Grasp: This ability can now target your Feral Guardian and its morphs.
    I don't even now how to begin with this, how is this useful in anyway, or worth the time for the changes to be made?

Arctic Blast:
    Arctic Blast (morph): This morph now fires a projectile that stuns the target in addition to healing you. It requires an enemy target to cast the ability. This ability also no longer deals damage over time based on your maximum health.
    Take away one of the better AOE Warden Icemage abilities?

Perks:
    Less mag/stam potions, and bring your token Warden to replace part of an Ult.

I really hope someone can take the time to explain this direction.
    Thank you.

Edited by Wolfpaw on September 17, 2018 8:53PM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be one of the few people who actually use the swarm skill. Growing swarm is great for taking care of trash mobs. You put it on 2 enemies, one dies, and the other one gets 2 swarms on them, its pretty neat. I'll have to see about the increased cost, but I kinda wish they'd give it an extra effect like a heal or a defile or something.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Nwevyn
    Nwevyn
    ✭✭
    I just want to know why my beloved animal companions have been replaced by mere "animation companions." Did some mouse factory manage to get their foot in the door? :smiley:
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I play Stam Warden and Stam Sorc for PvP and here's what I've found with the changes to far..

-Advanced Species: Increased the bonus to damage done for each Animal Companion ability slotted to 3% at rank II, previously 2%.
    Stam Warden already had fantastic damage (burst) for PvP they didn't need more damage.

-Betty Netch:
    Increased the resources restored by this ability and its morphs by approximately 60%.
    I don't understand this, it gave a decent resource return already but now the resource return is boosted even more all while it is INSTANT cast and cost nothing. Meanwhile Dark Deal from Sorc cost mag and has a cast time

-Dive:
    All the changes look good here.

-Bird of Prey (morph): The Minor Berserk buff is now granted at all times while this morph is slotted
    Again another free ability for Wardens

-Feral Guardian: Decreased the damage done by the bear summoned from this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    I'm not sure that this was needed. Seems OK on live. Compared to what I'm seeing on PTS

-Scorch: Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 25%.
    Cost is fine on live, cost reduction seems unnecessary.

-Swarm: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    Again Cost seemed ok on live but not too bad on PTS.

Overall it looks like an already very strong class (Stamwarden) in PvP got buffed while an OK stam class (StamSorc) got hurt in PvP through the loss of overload 3rd bar and Dark Deal change.

I understand the Magden could use some help but I'm not sure how much of these Warden changes are going to help Mag Warden as much as they help Stam Warden become even more unbalanced in PvP.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anyone screenshot the tooltip for Arctic Blast for us console plebs? Is it really just a lame ass projectile (presumably easily dodged/blocked) with a miniscule Hot? I guess it better than nothing but... 😭
    Edited by ccmedaddy on September 17, 2018 10:05PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Can anyone screenshot the tooltip for Arctic Blast for us console plebs? Is it really just a lame ass projectile (presumably easily dodged/blocked) with a miniscule Hot? 😭

It's like a little blue wisp travelling to the target while healing you for 15% of your max HP and adds a HoT as well.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the devastation of nightblade healers and sorcerer anythings, warden is back in a clear second place as a healing class.

I guess that's something.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 17, 2018 10:07PM
  • BrokenGameMechanics
    BrokenGameMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly any feedback makes sense if one is aware of the context - so the big aside here. Sorry, if it will be TL;DR for many (most).

Background - Been a Warden as main and pretty much my only main since Day 1. Stam Warden, play a lot of PVP, current campaign rank is Top 10 Alliance, Top 100 all Alliance, Top 5 Wardens. That said, just an average skill player. Play style is "Combat Support" Warden and in general run a "true" Warden. Probably one of the very few max level Warden's running the Bear in PvP.

Run DW front, S&B or DW back, 7 Medium, 0 impen, 0 crit resist. So agile, fast, dodge roll, evasion (omg! it's gone) and "prayer" are how one tries to survive in Cyrodiil.

Warden does have a good theme but certainly needs a better raison d'etre. However, these changes are, for the first time in a long time, positive and a step in the right direction. Future work is still needed for Wardens. After reading the patch notes I'm slightly positive for Wardens and curious to see how it plays out.

To elaborate on the Combat Support "style" Warden. Absolutely sucks at 1v1, but big win in tons of "assist" kills. Obviously not at all the current Warden PvP meta which everyone states as OP in PvP. Side note - The loss of Major Evasion's dodge buff may end this whole approach unless Medium Armor gets an overhaul. There has to be some way for 5-7 pc Medium Armor build to survive at <20meters in a YvY PvP confrontation. Dodge Roll, Evasion (pre-nerf-change), moving at Speed and Vigor will currently barely keep you alive in PvP. With the removal of Evasion (dodge) there needs to be some relaxation of Dodge Roll penalty and / or time extension from the roll or something. Ultis, any Radiant anything, a Snipe can literally 1-shot a full health Medium Armor toon. 3 good hits from anything puts you down 90% of the time.

Combat support style consists of:
    • Lots of Caltrips. Helps control the battle field. But pressure on ball groups.
    • In conjunction, use Sellistrix Monster Set. The small damage is offset here by the ball group mass stuns that I try and keep up with Caltip tic procs.. This turns the tide in XvY fights in PvP time after time.
    • Shroom heals.
    • Birds, birds and more birds. The idea here is identify 1v1s in the field and sling birds to apply an assist kill via remote finisher pressure. Range, decent damage, spammability is key here. In the time a 1v1 build gets their kill, I may get 2-4 assist kills or more from Caltrips, and ranged assist finishing. I look for favoriable (or unfavoriable) 1v1s in the XvXs and use Birds to make the difference.
    • Relentless Sub Assaults. For Combat Support this is _not_ tower ball grouping or rock-running, burst / ulti /spin thing (most stam wardens (sigh)), but lining up 1vX AOE damage AND mass applying Major Fracture on opponents for the group's 1v1ers.
    • As a Stam Warden, depending on the mood and group composition, not uncommon at all for me to select the MAGICA morph and sacrifice healing (got a dedicated healer for that) to offer group Minor Intellect and Minor Endurance and modest healing. Sometimes slot both Vigor and magic shrooms when I'm full "support".
    • Simiarly, as a Stam Warden, not uncommon at all for me to go with Expansive Frost Cloak to get the group buff Major Resolve even though I pay the penalty of dropping from a glass build to a look at me and I die brittle build (all for the team, yea).
    • Perma Frosts/Trees etc, when I get fustrated with the Bear, or want to bias more "support" over "combat" on occasion.

Anyway, you get the idea, no need to continue. It's a Warden contributing in group more offensive then a healer, but not a front line 1v1er. I think this is somewhat forgotten role and somewhat a vacuum Role currently in ESO that could be fleshed out. Maybe the Warden is the class to fill that role over the long term.

The above background context with the specific changes:

The Bear - In a sense, I'm seeing a waving of the white flag by ZOS on the Bear. On the surface it looks like the the 30% damage nerf has been spread out and compensated for elsewhere. Is it a net-net win/loss/neutral, don't know yet, but it looks close enough one way or the other. The bump in damage from Medium Agility Weapon Damage as well as Advanced Species helps compensate there. The other day in Cyrodiil I watched dumbfounded as my bear chased a rock-runner with swift glyphs literally round-and-round. I climbed the rock and just watched laughing as he did boulder laps not believing the bear was "working" so well. The same day, I watched my bear bury its head into a porch pillar at Bleaks and stand there while I took a beating. It is literally a miracle, if I can get the bear ulti to work in PvP, etc. Point is, on the rare (and I mean rare) occasion the bear "works" in PvP it is/was nice. Most of the time it didn't. I still ran it because as a medium range combat support, in the second line behind the front line, Dawn Breakers were little too far to reach. IF I could get the bear to charge in and engage AND the ulti to fire, free kill on the side so to speak. A couple of well placed birds and the bear was in their healer's face etc. With the damage reduction, and the overall performance problems, even a die hard like me will no longer slot the bear in PvP.

On the other hand a Warden+Pet of makes a lot of sense as a class motiff. I'd like to still see ZOS not give up here and one day find a way to make the Warden pet "work" long term, but don't have any answers now. Maybe a group buff for slotting, maybe some sort of minor modest, maim/fear/defile type of effect (small but consequential debuff if an enemy is "around" the bear, break up ball grps) AOE around the pet as it moves. No concrete answer to be honest. But at max level the Warden Pet should be a viable option. With the damage reduction, I don't think it will be. But as I said I can see compensation else where, so I'm ok with it. Will miss you Bear, you lovable , useless lug!

Cutting Dive - Cost Reduction

At first blush it finally does offer something for spending 2 skill points to get a basic Class (stam) spammable. Now its spend 2 skill points to get a slighly cheaper, basic class spammable. But in reality this is no real gain here. The "Combat Support" build ignores the tenant of build for "burst" damage 1-2 combos in PvP. Instead it is more of a relentless damage pressure from pounding birds, sub assaults, with decent damage for a duration at a high spam rate. One thing I really like with the Birds is that you can effectively light attack weave with birds at 5 meters OR stand back at 41 meters and apply pressure.

So any Warden build is already ensuring that they have enough resources and regen to keep the Bird train chugging. Birds are already so cheap that a cost reduction is basically a fig leaf to get something for your skill point. I doubt I'll even notice the reduction of 2 cents to 1 cent.

The story here is that Stamdens IMHO are not really resource constrained where the Skills required cost reductions. I'd taken postive adjustments somewhere else in lieu of (stamina) cost reductions that I don't really need. Sure I'll take it.

What I'd like to see is some sort of "stacking" debuff from the Warden spammable to make it unique. e.g "For every consecutive Bird combo on a target stacks X up to Y max". Consecutive Birds on the same target without target switching ... Birds need a "point". Right now the Warden vision as ranged Bow wielder orphans Birds. Why slot Birds if you have a bow? Again the fact that Birds are pretty decent LA weaving at 5 meters is probably not known to most Warden builds. There needs to be something special about Birds beyond basic damage at range that gives them appeal. I think some modest "stacking" debuff offers appeal, uniqueness and a purpose. Of course damage/cost etc all needs to be adjusted accordingly.

We a need a Bird over Bow appeal.

Falcon's Swiftness - Buff from Slot.

The Warden Buff Burden is for real and very satisfying that ZOS is aware. In my case, 7 medium, 0 crit resist CP, 0 impen, before I can even engage: deep throw Caltrips at enemy group (pray for grp stun), pop Netch, pop Frost Cloak, pop Evasion, pop Falcon Prey, pop Vigor, pop a Sub Assault ... well damn fight is over ... good job guys. The Netch-Cloak-Vigor-Evasion-Falcon set of buffs (lol a bit more then what you from a single Forward Momentum arggg) are essential to survive at all with some effectiveness on offense, and you are still a 1/2 shot IF they hit you. So when you are not buffing like a madman, you're dodge rolling or trying to pop a heal! It is darn near impossible to fire off an offensive skill. Having 4 Buffs PLUS the relentess requirements of keeping up constant Sub Assaults and a heal/vigor is a killer after the time nerf on the SA's Major Fracture.

For any damage effectiveness it is basically boring Sub Assaults one after another. This is compounded by the fact that Sub Assualts are "glitchy". It is very awkward, long animation, that results in Wardens suffering the most when PvP gets laggy. I have played a bit on a Sorc after being sole Warden for months. Immediately one notices how "smooth" the combos and animations are - Rune,Haunting, Frags is just liquid even when PvP is laggy. So smooth, no glitches, you feel it is responding even under heavy lag (relatively). Sub Assualts are so slow, ponderous, glitchy and by necessity repeated constantly, along with all the buffing is way, way too much. For any people who do not main Wardens, the best analogy is that firing a Sub Assault is very much analgous to a Bar Swap, that kind of slow, glitchy, sometimes works, sometimes not in a lagging Cyrodiil. In addition, if at any time during the 3 seconds until the Sub Assault fires, you do another as part of your rotation, the 1st Sub Assault is canceled, the timer resets to 3 seconds, AND you are STILL charged the full resource cost for an expensive skill (ok now cheaper) that never went off. I would really like to see ZOS in the near term, "smooth" out Sub Assaults animation, make it less glitchy as well remove the re-trigger penalty. i.e. If I trigger off a Sub Assault and then 2 secs later trigger it again, just ignore the second one and let the first one complete a second later. And of course only charge the resource cost ONCE. Thank you.

Ah yes, the specific change. The Buff from Slot is super, super appreciated. I just mentally went over my current front/back bar slotting and right now, for me, there is no issue with losing the Buff when I bar swap. But it easily could be under different build outs and for different people. Frankly I'm not sure I'd rather not do what I'm doing now with the buff like crazy rotation in lieu of losing a static buff on bar swap. I suggest the Buff should be granted from both Slotting AND from Skill firing on a timer just like it is now. e.g. Slot Bird of Prey on front bar. While on front bar Minor Berserk granted at all times. If I fire BOP on FB to get the Major Expedition, and then switch to Back Bar I should retain the Minor Berserk buff (on the timer) just as it works now as a reward for working hard and keeping buffs up. Also in my Trial Configuration things are more along the lines of FB melee damage, BB ranged damage. Can't afford to lose Minor Berserk on one or the other, alternatively, god forbid double barring Bird Of Prey. Yikes!!

Scorch - Cost Reduction

Generally for Stamdens I think (and for sure with my current build), like the Bird cost reduction, Scorch cost reduction is neither here nor there. If the overall cost reductions are adequate, switching a jewerly piece from regen to weapon damage and still net-net with my current sustain would be a win. Otherise these cost reductions are meh for the Stamden. If I'm not on my Stamden, I am on my Magica Warden where resource management seems much tighter. So the Betty bump in resource return is and much appreciated.

Bottom line - Stam Scorch/Bird cost reduction should be enough to support a bump in weapon damage with roughtly a net-net neutral in current sustain, otherwise, wasn't asking fori it, didn't really need it. I'll take it; just didn't need it.

Swarm - Cost Increase

The odd thing for me has always been that on paper Swarm should be much more effective. I always thought that it would be some sort of under appreciated secret magica Warden weapon in PvP. For whatever reason, in PvP, when I get hit with Swarm, I just ignore it. On occasion, I do see a well done DOT focused CP build that gets me for non-negliable Swarm damage. But right now Swarm is a pure shrug off, don't care if you hit me with it skill. And this is 7 Medium, no impen, no crit-resist, I'll just drop dead from anything, build! If I don't give a darn about getting hit with Swarm, everyone else is laughing at it.

I don't see it used all that much either. Increasing the cost, I guess is one of those things where on paper, based on the description, relative to other skills, on a damage per tic per magica cost basis it should be increased. But in PvP, something is not right, the DOT nature, the lack of debuff effects, ... it is pretty ineffective. Ironically, I pretty much stopped using it, but left it slotted for the 2% damage buff, because it was too expensive!!. Now more so. The situations where I really want Swarm to be effective is the PvP ball group situations. And busting up a healing/ulti spamming ball group in a keep, tower, or holed up in rocks needs solutions. Something I'd like to see for Growing Swarm to spread faster. Give it time enough for the ball group to purge counter or spread out as a counter, but short enough to have quick impact and powerful enough for the the ball group to either spread or heal through. Second some sort of minor main/defile/??? debuff as the infection spreads. Adjusting resource cost and damage accordingly. But PvP really needs effective solutions to ball groups and Growing Swarm could fit nicely here as its a skill whose effectiveness is dictated by how tightly the opposing players are grouped. That all said, the current change is a bit of head scratcher to me. Its like "hmm, they are seeing something with Swarm that I haven't been able to see, what am I missing here ...". Cost increase for a skill I already considered too expensive ... surprising.

Nature's Grasp - Cute. It should IMHO (work with bear), just don't know if tactically it will ever situationally matter however. I've tried Nature's Grasp a few times, specifically focusing on using it in the obvious situations and have concluded it is not an effective skill. I assume if you are a tanky healer you don't mind inserting yourself in the middle of a PvP or Trial death zone situation for a rescue heal. But not all healers are tanks.

From the magica Warden perspective, generally you are going to be wanting to combat from ranged rather then melee distance. So traversing "in" doesn't make sense. Traversing "out" when the fray overtakes you may be situational ok. FWIW I have wondered that a Stamina version might be useful for a Combat Support Stamden. Look over the XvY identify and opportunistic 1v1 situation, and say prep a Sub Assault and then zip over to create a quick 2v1 burn down from a losing 1v1 situation, rinse and repeat. As Medium Armor Stamden it is risk reward, but at least I can dodge roll out if things get sticky as a stamina toon. But I can't see magica Wardens deliberately placing themselves into harms way at melee combat distance for a modest single target HOT heal. Maybe a Natures' Grasp Stamina morph could work or change cost is Stamina or Magica based max pool size. But bottom line is Natures' Grasp just doesn't really doesn't work AFAIK for anyone for any situations that matter. As a Stamden I'd love to see another option for a Gap Closer besides Shield Charge.

Green Balance - Maturation
    Love it. Another bit of Warden raison d'etre. From the current verbage and the anticipated change, I hope Vigor continues to proc Maturation for "all Wardens" to leverage. The question, will it be enough for "we need to make sure the trial group has a Warden in it".

Artic Wind

Anything that allows a Warden build to be a seemless spectrum across Animal/Green/Winter skill line sas opposed to a pick one is a win. Dropping the "based on health" is nice. Generally don't know enough about the Tank / Winter skills to say if this change now makes what was a Tank only skill now viable for non-Tank Wardens builds as well. If it does, more of the same please in future changes.
    Edited by BrokenGameMechanics on September 18, 2018 12:12AM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone screenshot the new arctic blast skill please?

ZOS PLEASE consider adding damage for this to be a replacement to flame reach
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give fissure stun back
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the cost increase to Swarm was to stop people from double casting fetcher infection (so they always have the damage buff) then you need to make the skill better. Make the damage scale every second on each use of the skill. I hate that this skill is only good every second cast!
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was swarm increased? You rarely see that skill being used.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They increased swarm to solidify that no one will use it.
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    I dislike damage nerfs and swarm cost increase.
    Netch buff is nice.
    Shame you didn't change the way warden healer plays. Still clunky and slow, and boring.
    As for Arctic Blast, I can't say yet. Gotta test it more.

Removing Toughness buff from warhorn for the sake of wardens - super lazy, shame on you ZOS.

Can you please confirm if Arctic blast does any damage at all, or does it just stun and then heal you?
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might actually be a DPS loss.

Swarm is no longer viable, so it drops from the rotation, to be replaced by Bird of Prey (8% minor berserk in place of a crappy DoT).

We gain 1% from AC passive, so we go from +6% to +9% damage (since wardens only use 3 AC skills).

We lose 30% damage from Feral Guardian.

The warden JUST might have been balanced without the feral guardian nerf...
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 18, 2018 1:30AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was swarm increased? You rarely see that skill being used.

Wrobel wants to see how low warden DPS can drop before their usage rate hits 0% (they're currently at like 3.6% for endgame content).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 18, 2018 3:11AM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Swarm is no longer viable, so it drops from the rotation, to be replaced by Bird of Prey (8% minor berserk in place of a crappy DoT).

We gain 1% from AC passive, so we go from +6% to +9% damage (since wardens only use 3 AC skills).

I feel like they wanted us to have more damage and have the ability to use other ultimates at the same time. Tho i dont know why they'd nerf the bear. Maybe its bc they see such a high use of the bear ult in most meta builds, and they wanted to give us more diversity?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like they wanted us to have more damage and have the ability to use other ultimates at the same time. Tho i dont know why they'd nerf the bear. Maybe its bc they see such a high use of the bear ult in most meta builds, and they wanted to give us more diversity?

Even with a 30% hit, it's still going to be the warden's hardest hitting ultimate, which means we're still stuck with it (especially since the only value wardens provide to a team is the Master Architect proc).

If the goal was to let us use different ultimates, we needed much bigger buffs elsewhere.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 18, 2018 1:37AM
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some strange changes. I swear this company goes into a balance meeting and just starts throwing darts at a random list of crap and laughs all the way to their class executioner...I mean programmer. Congrats Stamden at least you guys got some buffage (like you needed it). As a magden I think I'm done with this dumb ***.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Arctic Blast change is god awful; No tank is going to use that over the other heal

1. It requires you target something, so if you're running away and not targeting anything, you can't cast your heal
    2. They removed the damage portion, removing basically the damage for Warden Tanks.

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Arctic Blast (morph): This morph now fires a projectile that stuns the target in addition to healing you. It requires an enemy target to cast the ability. This ability also no longer deals damage over time based on your maximum health."

Give it back please. It gives minor maim for tanks, also a nice aggro build and damage, and self heal through leeching vines. If you give a heavy set for prioritizing DKs in tank role, do not steal this great ability please.

THIS. This skill makes tanking so much fun as a warden. Please don't change it.
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could have all been perfect if they didn’t nerfbthe bear by SO MUCH. I’ll obviously still use swarm though... because pve.
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a DPS loss on the PTS (around 9%), granted my rotation is still sloppy as I changed a few skills around. I imagine the difference will shrink with a few more runs, but it definitely won't get to the point of being a DPS boost.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have all been perfect if they didn’t nerfbthe bear by SO MUCH. I’ll obviously still use swarm though... because pve.

It shouldn't have been nerfed at all. Magicka warden needed all those buffs just to get to a competitive DPS level with the other classes.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 18, 2018 3:01AM