The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Wardens

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Wardens. Please read through all the changes in the patch notes and try them out on the PTS before providing feedback in this thread. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you... finally some changes to look forward to!!!!

Edit: ahhhhhh I'm rethinking some of these changes.... if arctic blast does no damage why on earth would you slot it over clench????

Also, try fitting the bird of prey on your bar as a mag warden.... fissure, cliff racer, inner light, force pulse/clench, bird of prey? Uhhhh.... weirdddddd. You put it on back bar and it does nothing for you... shield nerf really hurts wardens also.... ice fortress and blue betty back bar leaves 3 slots open.... living trellis, shimmering shield.... not 1 slot for what? Natures embrace? Rapid regen? Healing ward? Harness magicka/dampen (no wayyyyyy am I running a shield w a 1 sec cast time.......)

Back to the drawing board mag wardens. Stamina warden is still going to be miles ahead in pvp gameplay.
    Edited by Hutch679 on September 17, 2018 6:20PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting changes. Not sure how I feel about the Swarm change (no one used it anyway really and now it costs more?) and the damage decreased on bear is odd. My PTS is still installing so I can't see if Arctic Wind you completely removed the damage done from this ability or changed it to be based off Max magicka/spell damage.

Like the Netch changes, that's awesome. Also the buffs now applying for those other abilities will make it so much easier to keep a rotation up on Warden.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna say that I love all of these changes, but there's one I really don't like:

Feral Guardian: Decreased the damage done by the bear summoned from this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.

Why? Such a huge nerf to our beloved Guardian and we don't even get a developer comment or any explanation on that?

Everything else tho... I love it: we got a stun back with Arctic Blast, better sustain with the cost decrease on Scorch and the buff to Netch, increased Magicka Warden PvE DPS and Wardens finally bringing a useful buff to the group now that War Horn doesn't give Minor Toughness.

You guys did listen and did a great job on the Warden. Thank you.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    I was gonna say that I love all of these changes, but there's one I really don't like:

Feral Guardian: Decreased the damage done by the bear summoned from this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.

Why? Such a huge nerf to our beloved Guardian and we don't even get a developer comment or any explanation on that?

Everything else tho... I love it: we got a stun back with Arctic Blast, better sustain with the cost decrease on Scorch and the buff to Netch, increased Magicka Warden PvE DPS and Wardens finally bringing a useful buff to the group now that War Horn doesn't give Minor Toughness.

Right? Honestly pretty impressed with these changes
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A synergy would be nice. A way for DPS to proc minor toughness to the group without slotting a heal skill would be really good, atm DPS Warden do not provide any unique buffs.
    Edited by Nevasca on September 17, 2018 7:03PM
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden -

Betty Netch -- Increaseing resources restored by this ability and its morphs by approximately 60% is ok BUT... Betty Netch should last longer.

Arctic Blast -- Requires a target to use the skill and no longer deals damage over time???

Feral Guardian -- Decreased the damage done by the bear summoned from this ability and its morphs by approximately 30% ... Now the most under powered ultimate that still requires being place on both bars. to be useful

Basically no changes that makes it nearly as good as others classes.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

35% damage nerf will simply kill bear use and ZOS will buff again sometime in futurr so what's this nerf for?
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As some of us are on console can anyone or @ZOS_GinaBruno please confirm if the Arctic Blast does any damage at all now?

Or is it simply the stun and the heal only?

Thank you!!
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    the bear nerf is the classical Wrobelian answer to the 'other skills aint used over it' = 'nerf this so they HAVE to use everything else instead of wanting to'

good job on butchering one of the signature moves
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animal Companions

Cliff Racer: Damage range scaling rework is a buff as is the rework to dodge roll... will have to test if it’s worth running again

Deep Fissure: 25% cost redux... holy sustain buff Batman!

Betty Netch Buff: see above but with more frothing of the mouth

Swarm: what the actual heck... did they forget to buff swarm... super slow projectile with useless effects? I really hope that’s a typo on the cost increase with no recompense

Bird of Prey: I’m real worried about bird of prey... do we seriously have to double bar this thing now for berserk? How is that a buff? We are being forced to run this front bar now which is gonna lose us 8% damage on our back bar dots and ult...

Bear: Nerfed with no recompense, k

Advanced species buff is nice... now just make the abilities worth running for dps

Green Balance

Embrace: works on bear? Finally... to bad they nerfed bear

Maturation: excellent change

Winters Embrace

Arctic Blast: Did we really have to buff this in such a way that it does no ice damage? I thought it was understood that wardens wanted an unique ice mage archetype not more generic heal abilities that work for Stamden just as well... this is just gonna make Stamden more rediculous and PvP Magden won’t be able to utilize it well cause it does no damage... it’s just not good compared to flame reach... they should’ve made it do ice damage comparable to flame reach scaling off max mag and spell damage... also over the last few patches did they seriously just replace our mag specific, undodgeable, unblockable, uncloakable, damaging stun with something that is non of these things... Magdens don’t jump for joy just yet... this is just another buff that’s gonna benefit Stamden at the expense of another potential ice damaging ability... not happy at all

TLDR: Sustain buffs for magden at the cost of damage is rediculous... arctic blast not doing decent ice damage but instead healing is a slap in the face to Magden and another gift to Stamden... where is our ice mage!
  • SlowMetabolism
    SlowMetabolism
    ✭✭✭
    Just about the only thing I have a problem with is the major berserk being automatic without having to use the ability. Increase the duration of the effect from casting it but dont give it passively through having it slotted.
    Day one Xbox player
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok.... so, arctic blast goes in the bin, don’t mind so much as the bird of prey animation looks cooler and I’m already equipped with stamina heals. :/

....... they shot my bear........ they litteraly took my bear outside and shot it............... :'(
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that these are some great sustain improvements for Warden.

A little perplexed by the damage reduction the the bear ultimate, though. Wish that one had a developer comment. A lot of people think of the bear as the saving grace for playing this class as a DD (instead of healer or tank) and as far as I can tell no warden skills got damage buffs to balance this out...

I know pets can be a pain in pvp with line of sight issues and whatnot... can't help but feel like this is being done as an overall way to discourage people from using the skill instead of dealing with the various combat pet problems.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dislike damage nerfs and swarm cost increase.
    Netch buff is nice.
    Shame you didn't change the way warden healer plays. Still clunky and slow, and boring.
    As for Arctic Blast, I can't say yet. Gotta test it more.

Removing Toughness buff from warhorn for the sake of wardens - super lazy, shame on you ZOS.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys should be happy the turd, I mean bear, got nerfed. This way maybe you will eventually be able to do decent damage without depending on the dumb, gimmicky pet.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have at least one good buff to Magden that does not benefit Stamden in any way? Is that too much to ask? These changes together with the shield change is making it EXTREMELY difficult to consider playing a Magden over a Stamden next patch! Ask yourself what Magden has that Stamden doesn’t... now ask yourself what Stamden has that Magden doesn’t... this is getting absolutely rediculous
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean we got damage nerfs? What is that about... sure we got sustain buffs, but what are supposed to do with that... sustain our foes to death? Nope can’t even do that because everyone got sustain buffs... Arctic blast should be ice damage and swarm should execute... what is wrong with giving Magden specifically a buff at least once in its existence!!!
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have swore the players team said warn players didn't like having to use the Bear ultimate to be competitive, not we wanted the ultimate to be nerfed into new player noob obscurity.

I like a lot of these changes an looking forward o playing my warden but I didn't see a corresponding to say the bear's attack will occur 30% more frequently or any other note that puts even 10 -15 % more overall damage in the tool kit.

I think some, like myself, enjoy using the guardian I'm hoping there is a compromise here or a note that got missed
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like some of these changes, and look forward to testing. I've got to ask though, what's with the Bear nerf?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope this isn’t the end of the changes for warden... cause if it is, they will have buffed Stamden again while leaving Magden as a healer only
  • Badger_Dan_Man
    Badger_Dan_Man
    Soul Shriven
    Seems like any DPS improvements for Mag Warden are minimal at best. Sure, sustain is better, so if you run a magicka recovery glyph on jewelry, you can now run a spell damage glyph - big deal. Removing minor toughness from Warhorn won't do anything to make trial groups run Wardens. The primary benefit of Warhorn is major force. The class will still be a joke when it comes to damage.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HM, stamwarden was already #1 in pvp, as far as I could see in the patch notes...they got buffed? errhh...wtf?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time to roll a warden!
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arctic Blast needs to do frost damage instead of healing. Frost damage with the chance to do a projectile stun, decent buff and not OP.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arctic Blast stun is a good start. I'm not sure why it's so expensive, though. The only other class stun that costs that much is Stonefist. The difference is that Stonefist does solid damage/healing in addition to the stun, while Blast's HOT is negligible on normal builds.

If it stays the way it is, I don't a reason not to keep running Destructive Reach instead.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    HM, stamwarden was already #1 in pvp, as far as I could see in the patch notes...they got buffed? errhh...wtf?

Yeah, pretty odd. That easy mode SA-DBoS-spinner combo just got more sustainable!
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did they literally just take a skill randomly out of a bag and decide to make it a stun ability lmao. And no frost DoT? Why?
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the new tool tip on arctic blast look like?
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for buffing my Stamden I guess? I knew it was a good time to start playing it lol. I do appreciate the 10% damage boost with no drawbacks whatsoever (other than changing my bars slightly), as well as some extra sustain and permanent 10% max health, but I find it quite perplexing that a buff of this scale is made while we're adding cast times to shields and still nitpicking Strife (honestly it feels like PvP magblades are being trolled at this point). Stamden outperformed magsorc in most PvP contexts even prior to the frag nerf, yet we're buffing Stamdens and nerfing sorcs and magblades... I would say Stamden is top dog this patch by a long shot, in virtually every PvP context, if it wasn't already. It makes me a bit cynical as the pay2play class seems to earn itself nerf immunity...
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Arctic Blast (morph): This morph now fires a projectile that stuns the target in addition to healing you. It requires an enemy target to cast the ability. This ability also no longer deals damage over time based on your maximum health."

Give it back please. It gives minor maim for tanks, also a nice aggro build and damage, and self heal through leeching vines. If you give a heavy set for prioritizing DKs in tank role, do not steal this great ability please.