The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PSA: Don't bother using Tamriel Trade Centre (TTC) addon or app.

Sange13
Sange13
✭✭✭
(Looking for target dummy recipe)

I was simply not using TTC because it was unreliable and didn't update in real time, but now I have to actively discourage people from using it since there are so many false listings intended only to get them on the web site, then price hike (bait & switch, basically).

Over 5 pages listed for 50-60k, but I've been to all the traders in all the cities listed on those pages and most don't have the item at all; the ones that do are 100-150k each.

Save yourselves the headache and disappointment, skip TTC.
IGN: Sange-13
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine for what it does - resolves the lack of UI development by ZoS for the trade system. It's imperfect but much more helpful than the game's UI.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same, I would rather find a bit overpriced item that I'm looking for than searching for it in hundred traders.

The pain is real especially if you are looking for some specific gears
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit harsh for a rather useful addon considering the alternatives
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The add on is useful, as is the website. Twice just yesterday I search an item on the site, went to the trader, found it just as listed.

If updates as users visit stores, so of course things won’t always be there in the time between one ping and the next. It’s not something that’s eternally updating and perfectly reliable, it’s a user made tool to help players find items at reasonable prices
    Edited by Jhalin on September 16, 2018 9:46PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not expect a bargain on TTC if it is an hour old and posted in Mournhold.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TTC should be used in conjunction with MM or DD to advise your purchases and sales. Neither of them should be taken as word of god for the final sales price of any item in game, and anyone who expects them to is going to be wasting more time and gold with their failed listings than more savvy consumers and creators.

Use the tool, don't let it use you.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you make sure you had the right platform and server selected? I book-marked what I thought was the PC EU search page and kept finding all the listings were wrong, then I happened to look at the URL and for some reason it was set to PC NA. Since I fixed that it's been mostly reliable.

But no it's not perfect. Listings will be out of date and I'm sure some people will do exactly what you suggest - put up a very low priced listing, add their store to TTC and then remove that listing. But I still find it preferable to search a list of traders who had the item at some point, starting with the cheapest and moving up until I find it. The alternative is to pick random traders who may never have had it and keep going until I stumble across it, then try to decide if what I'm being asked is a reasonable price.

TTC isn't anywhere near as good as a proper trading system like other modern MMOs have. But it's still a vast improvement over the system ZOS gave us.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would actively encourage everyone to use it to find an item.

Not only do I find items at exactly the price I searched for on the site, but the time saved not searching every trader in Tamriel is worth the occasional swing-and-miss result.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTC has it’s issues but it is a useful tool nonetheless.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On xbox na it is unreliable. Same as any suggesting price site/app.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TTC does not update an item's availability until the user who posted it uses the app and logs into the game or reloads their ui after posting items. The website can't help it if people are not bothering to use the app when they post items, or are not reloading if they put things into the stores and they sell while they are still playing. Maybe instead just ask that people be a little more willing to /reloadui when they make a sale so the website knows.
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like people here don't understand what the problem is. It doesn't actually solve anything. It doesn't save any time when the listings are absent or wrong.
    Do not expect a bargain on TTC if it is an hour old and posted in Mournhold.

I'm not talking about one listing being off. I'm talking about half a dozen pages of listings being wrong. They were listed across every major city, and some that aren't major cities.
    TTC should be used in conjunction with MM or DD to advise your purchases and sales.

I do use other pricing addons. Some of them had no data, and some listed it for 60-85k. I would have been okay paying up to 75k.
    But I still find it preferable to search a list of traders who had the item at some point, starting with the cheapest and moving up until I find it.

When none of the listings are present, there is effectively no benefit to using the site. It's the same as just going from trader to trader, except that the latter doesn't involve mislead expectations.
    I would actively encourage everyone to use it to find an item.

Not only do I find items at exactly the price I searched for on the site, but the time saved not searching every trader in Tamriel is worth the occasional swing-and-miss result.

I have never experienced this with TTC, and I have tried using it to search for many, many different items. That's the whole point behind this thread.

I cannot endorse this addon to anyone. At best, it's a placebo. It doesn't actually help anything at all.
    Minyassa wrote: »
    TTC does not update an item's availability until the user who posted it uses the app and logs into the game or reloads their ui after posting items. The website can't help it if people are not bothering to use the app when they post items, or are not reloading if they put things into the stores and they sell while they are still playing. Maybe instead just ask that people be a little more willing to /reloadui when they make a sale so the website knows.

I'm saying that people are using this deficiency intentionally to lead people to their store with a false listing, then putting the item up at a grossly inflated price.

Edited by Sange13 on September 16, 2018 10:06PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. some of the items get listed multiple times for the same item, why? becasue TTC updates the listing every time someone who runs an addon, visits that trader and uploads their data
    2. listings also update with "last seen" sort of thing, when someone with TTC saw that item and BOUGHT it. it doesn't update with 100% current and only current listings, it only records a snapshot of the listings at the time that person opens a trader, before they finish any of the transactions
    3. website doesn't update in real time. if the item was seen "a minute" ago, chances are it was actualy an hour ago. it could have been bought by a person that saw it. it could have been bought by someone who doesn't use TTC and as such - listing never got removed. it could be a number of things
    4. last but not least. if the price is particularly low, for an item that is in high demand? assume that its point 2 and was already sold. sometimes you might still find that cheap listing still available, if its on out of the way trader, if its a niche item, things like that. but in general, when using TTC to find if something I want is available - I start with middle of the road prices. better chance of actualy finding those items.

and yeah, as others have pointed out - its best if used in conjunction with MM to gauge what price is acceptable (though you have to be in very active large volume trading guild for THAT to be useful) and looking for bargain via TTC in one of the major cities is generally a lost cause.

P.S. consider for a moment, given points above that the reason you are seeing all those items on TTC but none of them are available... is becasue someone who USES TTC just happened to be making the rounds and BOUGHT all of those lower priced items to resell at 10-20k profit per item. it DOES happen.
    Edited by Linaleah on September 16, 2018 10:08PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    and yeah, as others have pointed out - its best if used in conjunction with MM to gauge what price is acceptable (though you have to be in very active large volume trading guild for THAT to be useful) and looking for bargain via TTC in one of the major cities is generally a lost cause.

I'm in 3 trading guilds, two of them are high volume in major locations. I do use other pricing addons. That's not the issue I'm having.
    Did you make sure you had the right platform and server selected? I book-marked what I thought was the PC EU search page and kept finding all the listings were wrong, then I happened to look at the URL and for some reason it was set to PC NA. Since I fixed that it's been mostly reliable.

Yes, it's on the right platform.
    Edited by Sange13 on September 16, 2018 10:12PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sange13 , unless you are willing to spend a lot of time trying for those bargains that are most likely gone never sort by price. Sort by last seen and go down the list until you find a price that is acceptable. If there is nothing you find acceptable in the 8 hours frame it most likely means that you are not willing to pay the full price and are looking for a bargain. No bargain is guaranteed though. TTC is not a magic key to get all the best bargains with one click of "search" button.

Edit: also I've just checked TTC listings on target dummy recipies. There are no listings under 95k on either EU or NA.
    Edited by Royaji on September 16, 2018 10:13PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sange13 wrote: »

I'm in 3 trading guilds, two of them are high volume in major locations. I do use other pricing addons. That's not the issue I'm having.

read my post scriptum please. and you know.. the rest of the post as it adresses the issue you are having.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    @Linaleah
    I did read it, and no it doesn't.
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    And at that moment, he realised he was searching the EU server and not the NA server... DOH!
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And at that moment, he realised he was searching the EU server and not the NA server... DOH!

No, even better. He realised that he was searcing for the dummy itself and not the recipe. Dummies do go for 50-60k on both servers. You will not find a recipe under 90k.
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTC addon is still much better than no add-on, since ZOS hasn't done anything to improve the guild store / trader interface. Not even a single search function is available, where all other MMO's I've played have a global auction house.
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

No, even better. He realised that he was searcing for the dummy itself and not the recipe. Dummies do go for 50-60k on both servers. You will not find a recipe under 90k.

You're both wrong.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're both wrong.

Care to show me a target dummy praxis listing for 50-60k?
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    TTC addon is still much better than no add-on, since ZOS hasn't done anything to improve the guild store / trader interface. Not even a single search function is available, where all other MMO's I've played have a global auction house.

When the listings aren't there, it's not better at all. As someone else mentioned, it even duplicates the listings if several people see it. I already accounted for that in my search for the item, but ultimately it fails to perform its function because its deficiencies are too many with too few viable workarounds. That's why it's not better than no addon; it's the same thing.

As far as searching items goes, Awesome Guild Store can help you a lot by providing extra filter options when you're actually at a guild trader.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you expecting to achieve with this topic?

My personal experience has been that it's made finding things at guild traders much easier. I'm not going to disregard that and stop using it because you were unable to find 1 item. I assume everyone else replying is in a similar situation.

If you just want to rant about how frustrating trying to buy or sell anything is in this game then go ahead. But if you're actually trying to persuade people not to use TTC you're going to need something more than anecdotal evidence of one bad search.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it all the time and love it. Maybe you don't have it on the right settings or something? (That is, if you're on PC/NA then make sure it's also set to PC/NA.)
    It doesn't tell you immediately if something sells, but it's still super useful if you're searching for a good price for an item.
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭

You're both wrong.

I double-checked it, and it turns out you were right. My apologies and thanks.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its fantastic i use all the time with out any trouble.
    I have found some great deals on it like necro staffs and mothers staff.

More than likely some one beat u to the cheaper item and relisted it for the going price. When i was looking for staffs the going price for what i wanted was 150k. Found some for 30k. I could have easily bought and resold . I just dont have the time .
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The worst thing about TTC is the price suggestion.

Never seen such a crap.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use both the add-on and the website, I've never experienced what you are claiming. Yes, absolutely I will sometimes not find the first (or even second) item where the site says it will be, because it already sold. But I've always, always found my item in one of the listings further down on the page. I mean that without hyperbole, I've never not found the item at one of the guilds listed, for the price posted on TTC. Not once.
    Edited by Reverb on September 16, 2018 11:01PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're both wrong.

I double-checked it, and it turns out you were right. My apologies and thanks.

No hard feelings, you are welcome. It's pretty common when searching for food or furniture to search for the actual item and not the recipe. Especially since TTC does offer you the item itself first in the autofill.
This discussion has been closed.