Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 22
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Elsweyr Chapter and Update 22 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the full patch notes here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/468599

The EP problem on Sotha Sil

Thlepse
Thlepse
✭✭✭
Is anything ever going to happen about the absurd population imbalance on sotha sil EU ? everywhere you go you are outnumbered 30000000 to 1 by the reds...its literally killing the campaign.
do devs even care about it ? i know they probably wont even read this post cause they dont give a *** about the state of pvp because they cant charge crowns for it or more DLC but its a complete joke

any time of the day ep is always pop locked or 3 bars and AD/DC are only 1 bar......you cant say HURR LET MORE AD/DC LOG IN HURRR because when people see a complete red map and a full *** zerg comes to defend a single resource its not a surprise nobody bothers to give a damn about even logging in to AD or DC

W H A T are devs going to do about this ? if anything at all ? do you even read these forums ?????????????????????????????????????i bet you dont because there isnt enough funding for it..gotta buy those sick crown crates amirite, lol who cares if people who played since beta quit..we can get new people with our werewolf dlc its just like skyrim online now rawr!!

do you even care about the pvp aspect of this game anymore? is this the pvp vision you have for the game ? have you considered renaming cyrodil to WvWvW(only then the transformation into a GW2 imitation will be complete, because it isnt apparent enough already....) ?

also pls dont bother mentioning BG... im not willing to level a new character so it has low MMR so i can actually queue into a match!! i want to play on the character that i choose to..not because ive won too many games and now i have to wait 30+ minutes to get another capture the relic game that ends in 2 minutes

yes, i angry
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we get it your angry. It’s usually the case when someone tries to release their anger in a long rant.

    You didn’t even state what server your on out of the 6.

    Considering Zos cannot force players from an alliance to hop in and they probably cannot lower the population caps much more than they have and they proved a population imbalance reward.

    I guess they can shut down the server. Zos tried to cater to to many with the various different types of campaigns.
    Really, idk
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really isn't anything they can do if players don't want to play in a campaign. There are things you can do, like join a different campaign.

    Also, we are in the middle of a PVP event. The servers usually end up being monochromatic during events because players want to face as little resistance as possible while farming Tel Var or Molag Bal.
  • Thlepse
    Thlepse
    ✭✭✭
    i did mention EU at the top, and anyone who primarily plays pvp understands the issue of megablob faction stack zergs regarldess of campaign, (baby pvp campaign is irrelevant because its just twinks and lowbies),

    Yeah pvp events do tend to make the servers explode, but surprisingly in IC and sewers there is hardly any lag even when its a 3 way full group fight compared to actual cryodill fights

    there are solutions ofcourse and im not referring to IC (although im glad there is more activity and hope some stay after the event)

    the low population and low score bonus was a massive failure, its not enough incentive for pvp players to port into cyro, AP is easy enough to generate without it. The complete silence from the dev team is just extremely frustrating aside from "oh yeah were looking into performance dont u worry guise xD"

    I'm fed up of hearing from friends that they're moving on from ESO pvp etc, in every campaign regardless of server everyone knows that there are maybe 10-15 remaining dedicated pvp players per faction (not counting pvp guilds)

    smallscale has gotten to the point that when 2 opposing factions see other smallscalers they flat out ignore them because they know eventually they too will be zerged down...even in the same outpost/resource/keep!! how is that healthy for cyrodil ? (unless they instigate contact or X person hates Y person in the group etc)

    honestly im just hoping for a dev response that they are at least aware of these issues
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The event is not the problem. EP is dominating Sotha Sil PC/EU for about two years now (?) and has driven away a considerable portion of the once healthy opposition.

    Most EP players that cared for population balance have already switched sides or campaigns over time, or just quit. The remaining EP don't seem to have a problem with the current situation.

    Not only do they have the larger overall population, one also has to deal with large faction stacks zerging down one objective after the other most of the time.
    PC/EU Sotha Sil

    EP Zergborn
    DC Walking Disaster

    guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thlepse wrote: »
    i did mention EU at the top, and anyone who primarily plays pvp understands the issue of megablob faction stack zergs regarldess of campaign, (baby pvp campaign is irrelevant because its just twinks and lowbies),

    Yeah pvp events do tend to make the servers explode, but surprisingly in IC and sewers there is hardly any lag even when its a 3 way full group fight compared to actual cryodill fights

    there are solutions ofcourse and im not referring to IC (although im glad there is more activity and hope some stay after the event)

    the low population and low score bonus was a massive failure, its not enough incentive for pvp players to port into cyro, AP is easy enough to generate without it. The complete silence from the dev team is just extremely frustrating aside from "oh yeah were looking into performance dont u worry guise xD"

    I'm fed up of hearing from friends that they're moving on from ESO pvp etc, in every campaign regardless of server everyone knows that there are maybe 10-15 remaining dedicated pvp players per faction (not counting pvp guilds)

    smallscale has gotten to the point that when 2 opposing factions see other smallscalers they flat out ignore them because they know eventually they too will be zerged down...even in the same outpost/resource/keep!! how is that healthy for cyrodil ? (unless they instigate contact or X person hates Y person in the group etc)

    honestly im just hoping for a dev response that they are at least aware of these issues

    They dominate sotha and are non existent in vivec? in NA EP dominates vivec and is non existent in Sotha

    Maybe they could allow people to play on different alliances without having to make alts for it and giving people incentives to balance the pop
  • Flamingfunk
    Flamingfunk
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha is aweful these days.
    Daytime it's full EP zerg taking everything (easy AP) and at primetime it's full on green zerg lag fest to take back scrolls.

    Neither is fun.
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's fine they get rekt every evening
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR42
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR25
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16
    and many unused PVE chars
    Zerg Squad
    Former Banana Squad Inc member
    Not your typical goat


  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    it's fine they get rekt every evening

    It's not fine during UTC afternoon. And not everyone is able to dig into a zerg like a harvester into a corn field.
    PC/EU Sotha Sil

    EP Zergborn
    DC Walking Disaster

    guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just lock either Vivec or Sotha during the worst off-hours. Close one of them from 03:00 to 14:00. :trollface:

    That way you force the AD morning zerg to fight the EP morning/day-zerg and they can't dominate each campaign. (Please understand that this is in no way seriously meant).
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on September 13, 2018 3:42PM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

    Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭
    And then there are times where the whole map is yellow when i log in. Sometimes its blue.
    The never ending circle of winning faction joiners and pvdoor night capping is nothing really new. :)

    I mean i saw people turning the map yellow early in the morning.
    Tought f.. this and went to vivec.
    Well, they did the same a few mins later and zerged the almost undefended vivec mgs down too.
    Usual cyro life
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    Class Representative
    Only solution would be dynamic population caps, which are depending on the population of the faction with the least players currently. So based on the number of the lowest pop faction, then the other factions could have at maxuîmum 10 players more in the campaign for example.

    But this again would lead to another problem, which was already stated at some point in the forum: People logging in in other factions to raise there the populations, so more can join in the own faction.
    Guild-Lead Dolche des Königs PC EU
    PvP on Sotha-Sil and Vivec
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not only Sotha Sil problem. The same thing is happening on Vivec EU - except there it is AD who PvDoors in the morning & zergs everything. Seeing how EP is a bottom tier faction on Vivec EU it makes me think that they all were simply fed up with this and majority of EP players switched to Sotha Sil.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 14, 2018 9:12AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    Class Representative
    It is not only Sotha Sil problem. The same thing is happening on Vivec EU - except there it is AD who PvDoors in the morning & zergs everything. Seeing how EP is a bottom tier faction on Vivec EU it makes me think that they all were simply fed up with this and majority of EP players switched to Sotha Sil.

    They were fed up and switched to Sotha for doing the same? Must be some heartless guys to make other uncomfortable as they are when being on Vivec.
    Guild-Lead Dolche des Königs PC EU
    PvP on Sotha-Sil and Vivec
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    Campaign is dead for the last almost two months due to the situation described above

    There is honestly no point even trying until its peak time and population is even. But then you have to face the servers lagging as hell so you just give up and either play bgs or just a different game....
    Edited by Zodiac_ on September 14, 2018 11:29AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EP small-scale at its finest xD


    WTB a non-bugged werewolf for at least one patch
    (PC/EU)
    Probably the worst Werewolf on PC/EU


    Characters:
    EU
    DC - Octius Ciel - Magicka Sorcerer - Breton
    DC - Evelina Septim - Magicka Templar - Breton
    EP - Josephine Tharn - Magicka Templar - Imperial
    DC - Zireael the White Flame - Stamina Sorcerer - Redguard
    EP - Qbi-One-Kenobi - (Previously Tankus Maximus II) - Argonian
    AD - Anconeus - Magicka Nightblade - High Elf
    EP - Cirilla Élen Riannon - Magica Dragonknight - Dark Elf
    AD - The Cub of Cintra - Stamina Nightblade - Redguard
    AD - Alinare Larentius - Magicka Templar - High Elf
    DC - The Alt-Knight - Stamina Dragonknight - Redguard
    DC - Féreldir - Magicka Warden - Argonian
    DC - Commissioner Birch - Stamina Warden - Redguard
    AD - Kuvirá - Stamina Sorcerer - Redguard
    EP - Subcribe tó Pewdiepe - Stamina Warden - Orc

    NA
    EP - Sister Q - Stamina Sorcerer - Nord
    EP - Barbe Q - Magicka Dragonknight - Dunmer

    Trials
    vAA + HM: Completed
    vHRC + HM: Completed
    vSO + HM: Completed
    vMoL+ HM: Completed
    vMA: Completed, and with 10 characters as Flawless Conquerors.
    vDSA: Completed
    vAS HM: Completed
    vHoF + HM: Completed
    vCR +1
    vBRP
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There just isn’t enough people left in Cyrodiil to feed the small amount of campaigns left. Anything other than Vivec at this point should be for good fights and AP farming. Can’t balance inconsistency in population 24/7 with the player base.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭
    There just isn’t enough people left in Cyrodiil to feed the small amount of campaigns left. Anything other than Vivec at this point should be for good fights and AP farming. Can’t balance inconsistency in population 24/7 with the player base.

    We Blues turn the map starting with a guild group of 5 and a population of 20 (!) each evening. That´s not too few. In fact, I feel our population maximum of 50 or so at 8:30 UTC is already a bit too much. If the reds would split up into different campaigns, they could support such a population everywhere. Thus, "not enough people" is a very thin argument.

    They just need incencitives to do so.

    I prefer a dynamic point system which makes the AP/ hour gain dependant on the general amount of players online, so that gaining the scroll during primetime matters more than gaining it at 12:30 UTC (not the other way round as it is now).
    ~ Benthragand, Beschwörer~

    Generalhauptmann der Dolche des Königs

    DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf SOTHA SIL (EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

    DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on SOTHA SIL (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the other alliances thought about the actual important question about this problem though? Question is: Why IS there so many on EP and its not evenly spread?

    Because same numbers were when EP was loosing for half a year and numbers did not go down and not that many (even some always do of course) joined the winning sides at those campaigns.

    I had a feeling about the answer, but was not 100% sure until i went to check out the other alliances. Years of playing and i only had EP characters, so had to actually make new characters for it. Turns out my guess was right.

    EP is known for its "pug zergs" and pug leaders that make fun groups for casual and new players. There is more open talk and directions for newbies to follow (and sadly stack on places as a side problem i admit) so the amount of new players that come to try Cyrodiil and actually STAY is big compared to others. When new players get into the action and have fun, its healthy for the pop amount (on that alliance) since oldschool players often take breaks or naturally quit also.

    On DC side the chat is almost dead even when there is guild groups around and DC numbers are maxed out to what it can be (its small i know), DC has plenty of individual skill on small groups, but if not tapping into the fresh new players to get them involved, most times of the day they gonna get rekt purely by the numbers game, all the time ending up smaller and smaller. Was sad when saw a person trying to help with that and doing communication (and very well actually, new players and pugs need that) i saw some DC go "stop spam, i will put you on ignore list!" at EP side he/she would be thanked for helping alliance. If DC was a bit more pug/newbie friendly, it would gain some numbers and more healthy competition would happen, but i did get a feeling there, that many people dont even want that to happen. Why?

    At AD side was the most chatty bunch, it was almost like a chat platform with some pvp (maybe) on the side haha. Until did see what a huge amount of passive aggressiveness there is and salt explosions too. No wonder when saw a certain known EP player login to his banana character and attacking DC from south with banana peeps same time his EP friends attacked DC at north. That was nasty to see and made me puke in my mouth a bit, And no, blues not had any scrolls or anything to take at that moment, only homekeeps. Not cool at all. Besides that, AD has too many ball groups not caring about the campaign, only about AP farm. Nothing wrong with that, but when so many at one alliance, the people there that actually DO care, can but only wonder why they dont often win even they got skilled guild groups going around that plenty

    Personal addition: Been playing bgs more since finding good pvp on a EP character at Cyro been hard, have logged out when there been 40vs3 people on keeps and scrolls.. too sad thing to call pvp, so joined now the alliance with least people (DC) and gonna go make it 4vs40 and die horribly against the zerg, but atleast its more pvp, kinda. *paints face with blue war paint* I`m a smurf now, yay! Gonna be a full move, not gonna even login to my EP characters other than my crafter, so no hopping between alliances, yeah i roleplay too hard haha.

    SHORT VERSION: population imbalance is made by players themselves, EP is the most new player/pug friendly at Sotha Sil so it keeps its numbers high while others are staying small or declining most times of the day outside primetimes.
    PC/EU - Sotha Sil - DC
    solo & small scale
    1100+ CP
    Playing all classes
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is easy to be pug/noob friendly when you have the numbers on your side. Back when i was playing on EP (long ago - i was new and didn't know any better) i remember a night were DC still had a few guilds online and would for once dominate the map despite being outnumbered and a regular ep pug leader (who is still active) would just tell people to log off because "tomorrow dc will have less people and we can take the map again". And after ep got pushed to the gates repeatedly at nights by dc and ad their nightly pug zergs disappeared.

    No faction is pug or noob friendly when outnumbered. Even if there were more people on DC who invite randoms and try to teach newbies some stuff it wouldn't change anything, because they would still get farmed by superior numbers and will leave as result.
    Too many players just want to go the way of the least resistance and the game doesn't do anything to promote actual competition, that's why we have this faction stacking (EP - Sotha, AD - Vivec, DC - Shor), and players can't change other player's behaviour, so it is entirely up to ZoS to change anything. And they won't. So all we can do is try to make the best out of it. Or leave ...
    Edited by Rianai on September 15, 2018 12:24PM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    It is easy to be pug/noob friendly when you have the numbers on your side. Back when i was playing on EP (long ago - i was new and didn't know any better) i remember a night were DC still had a few guilds online and would for once dominate the map despite being outnumbered and a regular ep pug leader (who is still active) would just tell people to log off because "tomorrow dc will have less people and we can take the map again". And after ep got pushed to the gates repeatedly at nights by dc and ad their nightly pug zergs disappeared.

    No faction is pug or noob friendly when outnumbered. Even if there were more people on DC who invite randoms and try to teach newbies some stuff it wouldn't change anything, because they would still get farmed by superior numbers and will leave as result.
    Too many players just want to go the way of the least resistance and the game doesn't do anything to promote actual competition, that's why we have this faction stacking (EP - Sotha, AD - Vivec, DC - Shor), and players can't change other player's behaviour, so it is entirely up to ZoS to change anything. And they won't. So all we can do is try to make the best out of it. Or leave ...

    I know there is some leaders/players at EP that wants things easy, but that was not the point. I guess you missed the point of my post. You GET the NUMBERS in a long term way if one is pug/new player friendly long enough, like EP is, as i said, because there has been active pug action and instructions for a long time.

    Imagine right now a totally new player on pvp that has characters on all alliances and goes to check on things and then decides where to start playing? Its easy to choose the side where its fast and easy to get groups and chat is not dead when someone asks where the action is. You know what they would choose, and eventually the situation is what it is now.

    ZOS cannot control what alliance has pug leaders and new player friendly atmosphere. I say to you, if DC had similar situation than EP has, it would had similar numbers, its that simple. If there right now started to be such, it would take some time, but eventually similar numbers. Just takes some effort, running pugs, making newbie friendly guilds. I know its easier to ask someone else to control the population to the level of the smallest, but one can make the smallest as big as the biggest as well. Its called recruiting to the war. New players are not Northam Stormborns that run alone killing stuff, they need groups and common goals. :)
    PC/EU - Sotha Sil - DC
    solo & small scale
    1100+ CP
    Playing all classes
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not miss your point. I disagree and also explained why.
    Edited by Rianai on September 15, 2018 3:10PM
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    It is easy to be pug/noob friendly when you have the numbers on your side. Back when i was playing on EP (long ago - i was new and didn't know any better) i remember a night were DC still had a few guilds online and would for once dominate the map despite being outnumbered and a regular ep pug leader (who is still active) would just tell people to log off because "tomorrow dc will have less people and we can take the map again". And after ep got pushed to the gates repeatedly at nights by dc and ad their nightly pug zergs disappeared.

    No faction is pug or noob friendly when outnumbered. Even if there were more people on DC who invite randoms and try to teach newbies some stuff it wouldn't change anything, because they would still get farmed by superior numbers and will leave as result.
    Too many players just want to go the way of the least resistance and the game doesn't do anything to promote actual competition, that's why we have this faction stacking (EP - Sotha, AD - Vivec, DC - Shor), and players can't change other player's behaviour, so it is entirely up to ZoS to change anything. And they won't. So all we can do is try to make the best out of it. Or leave ...

    I know there is some leaders/players at EP that wants things easy, but that was not the point. I guess you missed the point of my post. You GET the NUMBERS in a long term way if one is pug/new player friendly long enough, like EP is, as i said, because there has been active pug action and instructions for a long time.

    Imagine right now a totally new player on pvp that has characters on all alliances and goes to check on things and then decides where to start playing? Its easy to choose the side where its fast and easy to get groups and chat is not dead when someone asks where the action is. You know what they would choose, and eventually the situation is what it is now.

    ZOS cannot control what alliance has pug leaders and new player friendly atmosphere. I say to you, if DC had similar situation than EP has, it would had similar numbers, its that simple. If there right now started to be such, it would take some time, but eventually similar numbers. Just takes some effort, running pugs, making newbie friendly guilds. I know its easier to ask someone else to control the population to the level of the smallest, but one can make the smallest as big as the biggest as well. Its called recruiting to the war. New players are not Northam Stormborns that run alone killing stuff, they need groups and common goals. :)

    you get those numbers because easygoers and ap farmers will always choose the easy path, that one with the least resistance. Similar to AD on Vivec. Same people. Yes, there are some good old genuine ep players, but most are there due to tne fact they KNOW they will dominate with numbers 95% of the time. Its as simple and as difficult as that. Now lets say some of you really WANT pvp....then you would pick a new server for your beloved ep, and test Vivec.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    It is easy to be pug/noob friendly when you have the numbers on your side. Back when i was playing on EP (long ago - i was new and didn't know any better) i remember a night were DC still had a few guilds online and would for once dominate the map despite being outnumbered and a regular ep pug leader (who is still active) would just tell people to log off because "tomorrow dc will have less people and we can take the map again". And after ep got pushed to the gates repeatedly at nights by dc and ad their nightly pug zergs disappeared.

    No faction is pug or noob friendly when outnumbered. Even if there were more people on DC who invite randoms and try to teach newbies some stuff it wouldn't change anything, because they would still get farmed by superior numbers and will leave as result.
    Too many players just want to go the way of the least resistance and the game doesn't do anything to promote actual competition, that's why we have this faction stacking (EP - Sotha, AD - Vivec, DC - Shor), and players can't change other player's behaviour, so it is entirely up to ZoS to change anything. And they won't. So all we can do is try to make the best out of it. Or leave ...

    I know there is some leaders/players at EP that wants things easy, but that was not the point. I guess you missed the point of my post. You GET the NUMBERS in a long term way if one is pug/new player friendly long enough, like EP is, as i said, because there has been active pug action and instructions for a long time.

    Imagine right now a totally new player on pvp that has characters on all alliances and goes to check on things and then decides where to start playing? Its easy to choose the side where its fast and easy to get groups and chat is not dead when someone asks where the action is. You know what they would choose, and eventually the situation is what it is now.

    ZOS cannot control what alliance has pug leaders and new player friendly atmosphere. I say to you, if DC had similar situation than EP has, it would had similar numbers, its that simple. If there right now started to be such, it would take some time, but eventually similar numbers. Just takes some effort, running pugs, making newbie friendly guilds. I know its easier to ask someone else to control the population to the level of the smallest, but one can make the smallest as big as the biggest as well. Its called recruiting to the war. New players are not Northam Stormborns that run alone killing stuff, they need groups and common goals. :)

    you get those numbers because easygoers and ap farmers will always choose the easy path, that one with the least resistance. Similar to AD on Vivec. Same people. Yes, there are some good old genuine ep players, but most are there due to tne fact they KNOW they will dominate with numbers 95% of the time. Its as simple and as difficult as that. Now lets say some of you really WANT pvp....then you would pick a new server for your beloved ep, and test Vivec.

    Your not talking about PC/NA Vivec? It has been dominated by a very large zerging population for over a year. I think DC as won 1-2 times AD 2 times and the rest EP for over a year.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    It is easy to be pug/noob friendly when you have the numbers on your side. Back when i was playing on EP (long ago - i was new and didn't know any better) i remember a night were DC still had a few guilds online and would for once dominate the map despite being outnumbered and a regular ep pug leader (who is still active) would just tell people to log off because "tomorrow dc will have less people and we can take the map again". And after ep got pushed to the gates repeatedly at nights by dc and ad their nightly pug zergs disappeared.

    No faction is pug or noob friendly when outnumbered. Even if there were more people on DC who invite randoms and try to teach newbies some stuff it wouldn't change anything, because they would still get farmed by superior numbers and will leave as result.
    Too many players just want to go the way of the least resistance and the game doesn't do anything to promote actual competition, that's why we have this faction stacking (EP - Sotha, AD - Vivec, DC - Shor), and players can't change other player's behaviour, so it is entirely up to ZoS to change anything. And they won't. So all we can do is try to make the best out of it. Or leave ...

    I know there is some leaders/players at EP that wants things easy, but that was not the point. I guess you missed the point of my post. You GET the NUMBERS in a long term way if one is pug/new player friendly long enough, like EP is, as i said, because there has been active pug action and instructions for a long time.

    Imagine right now a totally new player on pvp that has characters on all alliances and goes to check on things and then decides where to start playing? Its easy to choose the side where its fast and easy to get groups and chat is not dead when someone asks where the action is. You know what they would choose, and eventually the situation is what it is now.

    ZOS cannot control what alliance has pug leaders and new player friendly atmosphere. I say to you, if DC had similar situation than EP has, it would had similar numbers, its that simple. If there right now started to be such, it would take some time, but eventually similar numbers. Just takes some effort, running pugs, making newbie friendly guilds. I know its easier to ask someone else to control the population to the level of the smallest, but one can make the smallest as big as the biggest as well. Its called recruiting to the war. New players are not Northam Stormborns that run alone killing stuff, they need groups and common goals. :)

    you get those numbers because easygoers and ap farmers will always choose the easy path, that one with the least resistance. Similar to AD on Vivec. Same people. Yes, there are some good old genuine ep players, but most are there due to tne fact they KNOW they will dominate with numbers 95% of the time. Its as simple and as difficult as that. Now lets say some of you really WANT pvp....then you would pick a new server for your beloved ep, and test Vivec.

    Your not talking about PC/NA Vivec? It has been dominated by a very large zerging population for over a year. I think DC as won 1-2 times AD 2 times and the rest EP for over a year.

    No EU servers, but I am pretty certain the same goes for all servers worldwide maybe with the exception of below 5o servers
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    It is easy to be pug/noob friendly when you have the numbers on your side. Back when i was playing on EP (long ago - i was new and didn't know any better) i remember a night were DC still had a few guilds online and would for once dominate the map despite being outnumbered and a regular ep pug leader (who is still active) would just tell people to log off because "tomorrow dc will have less people and we can take the map again". And after ep got pushed to the gates repeatedly at nights by dc and ad their nightly pug zergs disappeared.

    No faction is pug or noob friendly when outnumbered. Even if there were more people on DC who invite randoms and try to teach newbies some stuff it wouldn't change anything, because they would still get farmed by superior numbers and will leave as result.
    Too many players just want to go the way of the least resistance and the game doesn't do anything to promote actual competition, that's why we have this faction stacking (EP - Sotha, AD - Vivec, DC - Shor), and players can't change other player's behaviour, so it is entirely up to ZoS to change anything. And they won't. So all we can do is try to make the best out of it. Or leave ...

    I know there is some leaders/players at EP that wants things easy, but that was not the point. I guess you missed the point of my post. You GET the NUMBERS in a long term way if one is pug/new player friendly long enough, like EP is, as i said, because there has been active pug action and instructions for a long time.

    Imagine right now a totally new player on pvp that has characters on all alliances and goes to check on things and then decides where to start playing? Its easy to choose the side where its fast and easy to get groups and chat is not dead when someone asks where the action is. You know what they would choose, and eventually the situation is what it is now.

    ZOS cannot control what alliance has pug leaders and new player friendly atmosphere. I say to you, if DC had similar situation than EP has, it would had similar numbers, its that simple. If there right now started to be such, it would take some time, but eventually similar numbers. Just takes some effort, running pugs, making newbie friendly guilds. I know its easier to ask someone else to control the population to the level of the smallest, but one can make the smallest as big as the biggest as well. Its called recruiting to the war. New players are not Northam Stormborns that run alone killing stuff, they need groups and common goals. :)

    you get those numbers because easygoers and ap farmers will always choose the easy path, that one with the least resistance. Similar to AD on Vivec. Same people. Yes, there are some good old genuine ep players, but most are there due to tne fact they KNOW they will dominate with numbers 95% of the time. Its as simple and as difficult as that. Now lets say some of you really WANT pvp....then you would pick a new server for your beloved ep, and test Vivec.

    I played on Vivec couple years ago, but i prefer no-cp. CP mitigations just makes fights long and more "draws" where both just realizes the fight not gonna end if neither makes mistakes, and i mean 30 minutes of 1vs1 when people not make mistakes and CP healing and mitigations make people just way too tanky imo. Vivec server is Lagmaster3000 so once got out of it, no way gonna return that slideshow unless its fixed.

    I wish Vivec AD would come on Sotha though. And if there are blues at Shor or somewhere when both EP and AD doing their morning zergs.. then what the hell are you doing there? To Sotha Sil server, Covenant needs you! Right now! *lits the Covenant Lion lantern*
    PC/EU - Sotha Sil - DC
    solo & small scale
    1100+ CP
    Playing all classes
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    Class Representative
    The problem about being friendly for new players is: if during the whole day one factions has such an overwhelming number, that any resistance is futile, how can a faction be beginner friendly at all. Imagine being in DC pug group of 10 players at 4pm, you will die and die again, because DC pop is at one bar and EP has 3 bars and your group of 10 people will get overrun by 30. This is neither fun for experienced players not for beginners. Even with pug leaders on DC or AD. there will not be a grow of population. Not because of the lack of pug leaders and people being nice to beginners, but because of the sheer masses of the enemy faction, which zergs everything down and causes a bad pvp experience in every case. Being beginner friendly does not help, when your group and mates die horribly by enemy masses again and again.
    Guild-Lead Dolche des Königs PC EU
    PvP on Sotha-Sil and Vivec
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thlepse wrote: »
    ...
    do devs even care about it ?

    no
    PC-EU 1k+ CP
    Ghosts and Goblins
    Sexy Squad
    World 3rd Immortal Redeemer (Feb. 2018)
    vHoF 35/36 (208k Dragon Bones Patch)
    Stopped playing ESO as my main game since Dragon Bones, glad that other great games exist :>
    Keep spending money on crown crates if you think its gonna make the gameplay better :^)
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    Class Representative
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    The following scene is set inside a living room somewhere in the hearth of Europe. It's a nice afternoon and the still powerful autumn sun is shining through the windows.

    'Mom, can I go play outside with my friends?'

    'Have you zerged Aleswell yet?'

    'Yes, mom.'

    'Have you taken all enemy scrolls?'

    'No mom, we tried but there was too much opposition.'

    'Young man, how often have I told you to focus and to pursue your goals. Go back to your room and no more playtime until DC and AD are pushed to their gates!

    'But mooom, there are only a few of them and it's not fair to always push them that hard and we want to give them some space and they want some fun too and they are already mad at us and we just all want to be frie...'

    'NO BUTS YOUNG MAN, GO TO YOUR ROOM AND DO YOUR ZERGWORK!'

    Scene fades, showing the concerned mom shaking her head in disbelief she might have raised a sissy.

    LOL
    Guild-Lead Dolche des Königs PC EU
    PvP on Sotha-Sil and Vivec
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Red need numbers to compete ^^

    Sorry wrong thread xD
Sign In or Register to comment.