The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alliance Housing aka Navy, Ship Home. AP Pricing

max_only
max_only
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Please place a row boat at the docks of the 3 major cities and when you click on it you port to a ship/frigate that is in the shallows. The city will be in the far distance and a reasonable radius around the ship will be swimmable water without slaughterfish.

3 ships styles to match the 3 alliances.

Purchasable with AP on a medium/high rank character or a lot of Crowns.
Obviously any lock or requirements like rank are skipped if purchased with crowns.

This will incentivize PvP for those of us playing fashion scrolls online and be a nifty reward for long time pvpers, a place to display their banners and keep their storage coffers.

——
Edit extra: This home will have lets say about max 200 slots (400 for plus members). It won’t have any land to build on. It won’t allow as many simultaneous visitors. Less item allotment also means less collectible allotment. They already let us earn free in game a 200/400 house from the Witches Festival.

It won’t devalue the Grotto. I think the Grotto allows 24 people and 700 spaces right?

It’s basically just like the Alliance horse, the Alliance dog and the Alliance costume.

For example I was thinking of a ship this size, the Prowler to be exact.
xcRY3JW.jpg
NOT a ship this size, docked in Haven if you want to see it, it's friggen huge.
LiTGwNU.jpg
Edited by max_only on September 30, 2019 6:41AM
#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
#OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
|| CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom

Alliance Housing aka Navy, Ship Home. AP Pricing 168 votes

Yay
80%
Zardayneagabahmeatshieldb14_ESOUglyTriangleBigBraggdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOGadamlub14_ESOOsteosAnacarioMalnutritionssewallb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOShadowHvoSkayaqeklhaftb16_ESOKiramekuDUTCH_REAPERYukon2112phueinSheezabeastSilverWF 135 votes
Nay
14%
GilvothPinesydcam86b14_ESOAimoraLauranaeErilAqOlauronCaffeinatedMayhemSugaComaSkinzzSmitch_59Tai-ChiTyharDeep_01altunit21TelvanniWizardVioletVienceLordWenzelbzz86BooPerScOOper 24 votes
I have to choose other, I just gotta.
5%
AesthierCloudlessBobby_V_RockitKeldheirDaedric_NB_187UndeniablyAVGzTrokTatankodarkblue5 9 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately ZOS already made the Ship home and they want people to buy it for tons of crowns. So while I like this idea, they aren't going to hurt sales of the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto among the "I gotta have a ship!" Housing crowd.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Why not! Especially if we get ships for each race in their own style
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Unfortunately ZOS already made the Ship home and they want people to buy it for tons of crowns. So while I like this idea, they aren't going to hurt sales of the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto among the "I gotta have a ship!" Housing crowd.

I thought about that. This home will have lets say about max (edit)200 slots (400 for plus members). It won’t have any land to build on. It won’t allow as many simultaneous visitors. Less item allotment also means less collectible allotment.

It won’t devalue the Grotto. I think the Grotto allows 24 people and 700 spaces right?

It’s basically just like the Alliance horse, the Alliance dog and the Alliance costume.
    Edited by max_only on September 23, 2019 10:41PM
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    This a great idea :)
    Maybe they can implement a restriction for the purchase, like this home can only be bought by a player with alliance rank "General", "Grand Warlord" etc.
    AP can be banked too, but with such a restriction it will prove a real dedication :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay

Wasn't really a ship though , I want a ship at a dock and have for sometime
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have an AP-purchasable home! My only concern is that it would ramp up PvDooring even more... If my alliance is packed with players, I'd prefer it if they were actively engaged in the campaign, and not just there to rack up AP for a house.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I'd love to have an AP-purchasable home! My only concern is that it would ramp up PvDooring even more... If my alliance is packed with players, I'd prefer it if they were actively engaged in the campaign, and not just there to rack up AP for a house.

If it’s a high enough requirement PvDoor won’t be an efficient way to buy it. Those people would buy it with crowns (something Zos would love).

MONEY! GET YOUR MONEY HERE! MONEY FOR ZOS! EXTRA EXTRA!
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay

Except the Grotto is no longer for sale. So, a Ship player home at a dock that corresponds to the alliance would not ruin the value of The Grotto.

Also, the Ship house would be smaller, as it is just a ship. Whereas, the Grotto is a giant cavern with Altmer ruins and a ship
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    As an owner of the Grotto, I'd be fine with this suggestion.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, see, the problem with the whole "Its a different ship, and its just a ship so it won't devalue the grotto" argument is this:

ZOS knows we want a ship.

ZOS specifically made the ship house an expensive crown store mansion.

So if you really want a ship, you have to pay lots of $$$.

If ZOS releases another ship - just a simple ship - then people who just want a ship will buy that simple ship instead of paying lots of $$$ for the expensive ship house.

So, sorry, I don't think ZOS will release a simple ship. If you really want a ship, ZOS wants you to have to spend $$$ to buy the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto (either when it came out or the next time around, since Linchal Manor was rereleased).
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Could be cool. I would say 200 spots with 400 for eso plus though.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I see nothing wrong with an AP bought house. I'd go for a fort or something, but I really like this idea.
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    But... isn't Cyrodiil landlocked?

I'm all for it, though. The more houses, the better! Smaller is good, too. Giant mansions are so hard to decorate with the pitiful amount of slots they give us.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Yeah, see, the problem with the whole "Its a different ship, and its just a ship so it won't devalue the grotto" argument is this:

ZOS knows we want a ship.

ZOS specifically made the ship house an expensive crown store mansion.

So if you really want a ship, you have to pay lots of $$$.

If ZOS releases another ship - just a simple ship - then people who just want a ship will buy that simple ship instead of paying lots of $$$ for the expensive ship house.

So, sorry, I don't think ZOS will release a simple ship. If you really want a ship, ZOS wants you to have to spend $$$ to buy the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto (either when it came out or the next time around, since Linchal Manor was rereleased).

They have more than one of each style of home. They have more than one Breton, more than one Argonian more than one Bosmer etc. And your assumption that people will “just buy the simple ship” assumes that enough people gave in and bought the Grotto (we don’t know the numbers); that people won’t want 2 ships; and that people who want a real place for training dummies, duels and guild events won’t upgrade to larger homes. If it has a small population allotment it won’t be very attractive for pvp guilds and the like.

So sorry I don’t think that we as a forum are good predictors of what Zos will or won’t do, they’ve certainly surprised us before. Remember the “Zos will never release Morrowind as a dlc”? Yeah...
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    You know what.... ya why not but not cheap since AP is easy to get, yes even as a solo player you can make great AP and I have over 100 million AP I would like to spend thank you :smile:
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    This a great idea :)
    Maybe they can implement a restriction for the purchase, like this home can only be bought by a player with alliance rank "General", "Grand Warlord" etc.
    AP can be banked too, but with such a restriction it will prove a real dedication :)

That's a bit up there...

How about Legate.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Also the ship in the Grotto House is Altmer style. It’s not a good look for loyal Covenant and Pact people.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    max_only wrote: »
    Also the ship in the Grotto House is Altmer style. It’s not a good look for loyal Covenant and Pact people.

This is why you can't see the pact flags on my ship until it's too late - Commerce raider disguised as a friendly ship.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay

We can never have too many ships!
    The Moot Councillor
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I wonder what the “nays” are thinking.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    updated with pictures
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Since we are all getting the Psijic house, exclusivity is now a moot point. I’m bringing this back. A ship in the shallows purchased with AP is a great way to give content to pvp
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I don't PVP much, but still think this is a great idea. Maybe something like this would make me participate in PVP more
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I just thought of this, the price will be flat in crowns but will vary depending on your PVP rank.

The higher your rank the less AP it costs.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Also, they should release a furnishing of a bunch of rat critters that appear randomly. Like how the butterflies appear randomly from the Alchemy achievement plant.
    Edited by max_only on April 7, 2019 4:37AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Thought I’d float this by you again. Get it, float?
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    max_only wrote: »

I thought about that. This home will have lets say about max 100 slots (200 for plus members). It won’t have any land to build on. It won’t allow as many simultaneous visitors. Less item allotment also means less collectible allotment.

Make it 400 and the ship will be perfect. 100-200 slots will go much faster than you might expect on an actual ship that is presented in game.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    Why isn’t this on the game yet Zos
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    Sure! But I doubt they'd do it.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Only thing you can call home in a war zone is a grave. Or a cave or a tent/camp. An room in alliance war base would make more sense.

Also, what would stop an enemy from destroying the row boat?
    @Deepan on PC-EU