The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Was Emp Disabled for the Added Campaigns?

Stamicka
Stamicka
✭✭✭✭✭
In both Kastav and Dalbei all of the required keeps are taken but the number 1 person doesn’t get crowned as Emp. Is this intended for the event?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering this too. All three on Xbox EU have no Emp.

Event campaigns are notorious for boosting & emp flipping. Maybe they did it, more likely a bug as not mentioned though.

Also, ill start a new thread but I tried 5 deletes tonight and no bosses.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Beardimus on September 6, 2018 10:56PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they have enough AP to actually get emp? There's a minimum, even if keeps are flipped.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Do they have enough AP to actually get emp? There's a minimum, even if keeps are flipped.

Yup lead has 150k AP
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamicka wrote: »

Yup lead has 150k AP

But did the leader have 50K when that sixth keep was captured?
    Edited by LonePirate on September 7, 2018 1:45AM
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

Yup lead has 150k AP

Yes
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

Yup lead has 150k AP

Yes

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Khajiit is on the case.

13-signs-your-cat-is-secretly-a-detective-1-21437-1391464517-0_big.jpg

@ZOS_BrianWheeler I hope I'm picking the right dev here. PREPARE FOR QUESTION!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're looking into this now, thanks for the heads up.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    One thing to keep in mind is you must have at least 50k AP when the 6th Keep is captured. If you met that requirement, you may want to try losing one of the Emperor Keeps and regaining it to see if that triggers Emperorship. Let us know, please?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind is you must have at least 50k AP when the 6th Keep is captured. If you met that requirement, you may want to try losing one of the Emperor Keeps and regaining it to see if that triggers Emperorship. Let us know, please?

This doesn’t work either, it’s not just in Xbox NA either, another thread in your bug reports suggests that this bug is everywhere:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/434239/kastav-emp-bug#latest
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep we tried it and he still is not emp.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They disabled this intentionally to avoid people farming emps on empty campaigns :trollface:
  • iGuavaTH
    iGuavaTH
    ✭✭✭
    They are added for the IC event aren't they? No emp in IC AFAIK. Leave it as it is.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    They disabled this intentionally to avoid people farming emps on empty campaigns :trollface:

Could well be, but Gina was unaware from her wording so more likely a bug
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iGuavaTH wrote: »
    They are added for the IC event aren't they? No emp in IC AFAIK. Leave it as it is.

They are just campaigns. You can't get IC only campaigns. Folks just wanna know is it a bug or intended.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • AboKor
    AboKor
    ✭✭✭
  • CirclesOfHell
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Just took all Emp Keeps and I‘m rank 1 but still no Emperor for me, Keeps were all blue before. Pls fix this.....!! Kastav PC EU
    Edited by CirclesOfHell on September 7, 2018 9:20AM
  • CoachPower
    CoachPower
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it this way. It will either just be a bunch of emperor trading or a Imperial Physique wearing emperor groups wreaking havoc in IC.
    DC-EU-PC

Coach-Power - Magicka Sorcerer with mediocre DPS - PvP/PvE
    Eternal-Envy - Magicka Templar - DD
    -Sookie Northman - Magicka Nightblade - DD
    Eva the Whipmistress - Magicka Dragonknight - DD
    Having-A-Bad-Time - Magicka Templar - Healer
    Lady Mormont - Stamina Dragonknight - Tank
    Resolute

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just disable it in all campaigns - and never bring it back. It is a stupid system anyway.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should keep it like that, these are dead campaigns anyway.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    They should just disable it in all campaigns - and never bring it back. It is a stupid system anyway.

At least as long as 1 player gets that buff.
    I don't mind a slight buff to the faction that holds the emperorship, but it shouldn't be a single player.
    If there is no benefit to holding these 6 keeps then factions might turn very defensive trying to hold on to what they have in order to just win the campagin. But the promise of additional rewards for being emp incentivizes them to take a risk and try to get those keeps that are outside their "comfort zone".
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no "risk" or even effort involved when a faction takes the map with far superior numbers - and that's how most emps are crowned. It is usually a buff to the faction with the most numbers - who could think something like this would ever be a good idea?
    Edited by Rianai on September 7, 2018 1:19PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Karivaa wrote: »

Ok, thanks. Continuing to investigate this morning.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • CirclesOfHell
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will People who did emperor get the achievement?
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, thanks. Continuing to investigate this morning.

Lol good job. First monster, maelstrom, master, asylum, weapons and armor not “working as intended”. Now new campaigns following the same path. This is getting crazy the amount of broken stuff after this patch. Why isn’t this getting hot fixed before Monday? Unless it affects the crown store or negates the need to buy crown exp scrolls (ic exp bug) is it high enough priority to fix? Count my sub out for the next few months ZOS.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for investigating. However, I know some people who are quitting the game. This is the last straw. Who decided to turn off the emp achievement and not tell anybody???
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for investigating. However, I know some people who are quitting the game. This is the last straw. Who decided to turn off the emp achievement and not tell anybody???

I am honestly thinking the same..:( These campaigns are my only chance of ever getting that achievement. I dropped my normal campaign which I had 500k AP in to set one of these as my Home campaign to try get the achievement and now this.. :/
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who decide to farm Emperor in these campaigns don't deserve those. As simple as that.

Why you say?

Cause it further devaluates an already somwhat devaluated achievement that is meant for the most hardcore of players. These campaigns have the Leaderboard No.1 after 2 days with less than half the AP any decent PvPer earns in a few hours. Then they call in their PvE guild to PvDoor keeps with zero defense. It is like getting the Dro-mathra Skin from normal MoL or vMA weapons from normal Maelstrom Arena.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @susmitds farming, I agree. hence part thinking this was intended. emp farming, AP feeding, boosting (often supported by alliance switching) is the scourge of Cyrodiil (as in its a thing that causes great trouble or suffering rather than the old 30 day CP campaign name lol)

The differing motivations for getting Emp are half the issue. it should be a pvp pinnacle achivement, and empower you to smash the enemy back and win the campaign for your alliance. Sadly some see it as a box tick exercise for xbox cheevo points or some such.

Perhaps they need to drop the achivement, points, dye etc - be a shame for those that earnt it legit. but its about the only way I can see it. Or lock you in the campaign so you cant leave even to pve and have to defend lol - but I think community wouldnt handle that lol.

however what I will say is folks kinda needed to know. And if a guild or guilds are taking over the campaigns for the duration and using Emp properly i'm all for that. a guild i'm in considered pushing to win all three as a wider guild goal which I think is cool / legit (and having emp power would help that lol )
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    People who decide to farm Emperor in these campaigns don't deserve those. As simple as that.

Why you say?

Cause it further devaluates an already somwhat devaluated achievement that is meant for the most hardcore of players. These campaigns have the Leaderboard No.1 after 2 days with less than half the AP any decent PvPer earns in a few hours. Then they call in their PvE guild to PvDoor keeps with zero defense. It is like getting the Dro-mathra Skin from normal MoL or vMA weapons from normal Maelstrom Arena.

Deserves, really? Wow.. So emperor achievement is not for the good PVP players, nor the dedicated ones, or players who spent months/years playing campaigns.. But only meant for those who can crank out the most APs, if that is what you define as "hardcore"..? At this point there are an incredible amount of former emperors that have in one way or another "cheesed" it.. Like in the past where AP gained from capping IC districts counted towards the campaign.. Some people got emperor without even contributing to the Cyrodiil overland war at all..

Not everyone who tries to get emperor in these temporary campaigns do it in a "cheesy" way you know.. I was up until 4:30 last night, spending the last hour solo-capturing a keep when there was nothing else left to capture.. I've taken 2 weeks off from work, partly to try and get the emperor achievement.. But hey maybe that isn't "hardcore" enough?
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    @susmitds farming, I agree. hence part thinking this was intended. emp farming, AP feeding, boosting (often supported by alliance switching) is the scourge of Cyrodiil (as in its a thing that causes great trouble or suffering rather than the old 30 day CP campaign name lol)

The differing motivations for getting Emp are half the issue. it should be a pvp pinnacle achivement, and empower you to smash the enemy back and win the campaign for your alliance. Sadly some see it as a box tick exercise for xbox cheevo points or some such.

Perhaps they need to drop the achivement, points, dye etc - be a shame for those that earnt it legit. but its about the only way I can see it. Or lock you in the campaign so you cant leave even to pve and have to defend lol - but I think community wouldnt handle that lol.

however what I will say is folks kinda needed to know. And if a guild or guilds are taking over the campaigns for the duration and using Emp properly i'm all for that. a guild i'm in considered pushing to win all three as a wider guild goal which I think is cool / legit (and having emp power would help that lol )

At this point with the bugs, dwindling population and 1000 other issues who cares if it was gotten on the main campaigns? We have a divided population with pvp and pve. If we just gave a glimmer of hope that the pve mains wouldn’t be slaughtered in 2 sec we might be pop locked 24/7 to balance things. What about the AP exploits and mutagen spamming Grand overloads that got that title from not being good? Let’s focus on the real issue, ZOS’s QA department streak of fails.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future