Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wonder Woman in ESO

Universe
Universe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello,
I love Velyn Harbor and it is the place I do all my crafting writs, but today I had other surprise there.
It appears that Wonder Woman has visited Elder Scrolls Online(*No naming and shaming - all character and account names are not visible):
3xssAqf.jpg

I heard that flying hacks are back to ESO but I wasn't sure the rumors are true until I have seen it by my own eyes.
The player was flying for several minutes.
Judging by past history of exploits reported, he probably used a third party program.
I hope that ZOS will increase the server's security and make such hacking impossible.
Currently, it seems there is ongoing raise in the number of cheaters.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I hope that you will see this discussion and take appropriate action to prevent such weird activities.

P.S - I hope that you liked my khajiit character's dyed costume, I worked hard on the colors ;)
Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
Started playing ESO in beta & early access
User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She just looks like she is standing on the roof or that rock with a bad hit box to me.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Could you PM me the character name or UserID, please?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    She just looks like she is standing on the roof or that rock with a bad hit box to me.

No.
    She is flying above the rock.
    The roof is much further away.
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    Options
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure that's wonder woman? I don't see her invisible jet.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could you PM me the character name or UserID, please?

I sent you a PM.

Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw someone doing this in Rawl'Kha a few weeks ago, I assumed it was bug, would have reported it otherwise.
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh if only there was the film of this … set to music of course.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like this player is standing on invisible wall near rock/roof area.
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of reminds me of that rock in cyrodiil that was a rock to some alliances but to others it wasn't there so you could duck in and out of it and gank people if you were DC, while if you saw an EP or AD standing on it as DC it looked like they were standing on air.

That rock was fun, and it took like 3 years for them to fix it. I was going to make a DC character named Sinnerman, just so i could run to the rock and ask the rock if it could hide me, but the name was taken.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »

XD, I speak of Post-Crisis version of the DC Universe :)
    In the Post-Crisis version of the DC Universe, Wonder Woman can fly, regardless of wind currents, and so has little need for the Invisible Plane. The Plane's history has subsequently been revised as well.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_plane
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew it ! ! Invisible flying mounts ! ! ! :D
    Options
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well she did do the voice over for Azura so...
    Options
  • Tsukiino
    Tsukiino
    ✭✭✭✭
    What? It just looks like they're lagging above the rock, which on your side makes it look like they're floating.

This happens ALL the time, especially in Cyrodiil or major cities, where you occasionally will see floating/flying players suspended in place.

There are also areas where it has an invisible "barrier" that you can stand on top of.

It comes a different story if this person was actually flying around and doing actions, such as attacking mobs near the ground & they can't reach the person.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tsukiino wrote: »
    What? It just looks like they're lagging above the rock, which on your side makes it look like they're floating.

This happens ALL the time, especially in Cyrodiil or major cities, where you occasionally will see floating/flying players suspended in place.

There are also areas where it has an invisible "barrier" that you can stand on top of.

It comes a different story if this person was actually flying around and doing actions, such as attacking mobs near the ground & they can't reach the person.

She was flying and landed near me later, probably when she noticed I'm there.
    Options
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe shes a witch and was messing around with alchemy and mixed the wrong weeds together. No shes high.
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Hello,
    I love Velyn Harbor and it is the place I do all my crafting writs, but today I had other surprise there.
    It appears that Wonder Woman has visited Elder Scrolls Online(*No naming and shaming - all character and account names are not visible):
    3xssAqf.jpg

I heard that flying hacks are back to ESO but I wasn't sure the rumors are true until I have seen it by my own eyes.
    The player was flying for several minutes.
    Judging by past history of exploits reported, he probably used a third party program.
    I hope that ZOS will increase the server's security and make such hacking impossible.
    Currently, it seems there is ongoing raise in the number of cheaters.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I hope that you will see this discussion and take appropriate action to prevent such weird activities.

P.S - I hope that you liked my khajiit character's dyed costume, I worked hard on the colors ;)

I am not sure about flying hacks. But, I know some third party sites selling speed hacks which is affecting PVP in a great way.Some are free & some are paid. i think players coordinates and positions are still hackable and ZOS anti cheat system cannot detect it .
    Please note it does not impact health or other core numbers as far I know. But who knows ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on September 6, 2018 4:44PM
    Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s just client-side desync with characters’ positions. I see this in cyrodiil with players and npcs. They will both float or warp back to locations; and no, I am not talking about the skill ultimate. I know on my client for years stealth friendly players will not move fluidly they move then pause and just appear in another place. Other times I will get messages saying “the target is out of range” when the player or npc are right next to me on my screen.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eat some food!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tsukiino wrote: »

She was flying and landed near me later, probably when she noticed I'm there.
    So, you think they took the time to CE flight, but didn't bother giving themselves perma-invisibility or hiding their nameplate?

I'm guessing good old broken game here.

(I've been spawned in from great height and gone skater sliding off the roof slope before.)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »

XD, I speak of Post-Crisis version of the DC Universe :)
    In the Post-Crisis version of the DC Universe, Wonder Woman can fly, regardless of wind currents, and so has little need for the Invisible Plane. The Plane's history has subsequently been revised as well.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_plane

I'm still catching up on the Infinite Crisis story line from the YouTuber Comics Explained.

Me personally, my favorite run was the Flash Point series. I loved it so much I bought all the books related to that Universe. Seeing Wonder Woman and AquaMan duke it out over a completely ruined Europe was fascinating as it was intimidating just how far both of them had fallen in their rage.
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wonder Woman been involved with the Elder Scrolls for a long time now. :)

v1QKWkb.gif
    Options
  • BWS2K
    BWS2K
    ✭✭✭
    I still remember the only time I purposely watched Larry King was to catch Mrs. Carter's blurb on Morrowind... <3
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here I thought it was about Lynda Carter.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe the player bugged onto an invisible platform?

I did this before. And the game is probably full of them. As long as the average players don't do this, nobody cares about fitting them to the textures or removing them.
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be a bug. Yesterday I tried to mount my horse and I shot up in the air just as if I got hit by a giant from Skyrim. About a second later I was on my horse again.

Just like the Running on the Horse glitch, the person flying in the air may be on the ground it's just we see it them as flying just as the person Running on the Horse doesn't know they are doing it.

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    It can be a bug. Yesterday I tried to mount my horse and I shot up in the air just as if I got hit by a giant from Skyrim. About a second later I was on my horse again.

Just like the Running on the Horse glitch, the person flying in the air may be on the ground it's just we see it them as flying just as the person Running on the Horse doesn't know they are doing it.

Either way, ZOS probably have character logs and they can check the position the player was in every given moment.
    For example, "Hero" was at location [x y z] vectors and then moved to [x y z] vectors etc.
    ZOS have many means of checking if a player is cheating and I trust that ZOS will make the right decision :)
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Either way, ZOS probably have character logs and they can check the position the player was in every given moment.
    For example, "Hero" was at location [x y z] vectors and then moved to [x y z] vectors etc.
    ZOS have many means of checking if a player is cheating and I trust that ZOS will make the right decision :)

Good point. Thing is, if it is a glitch, like the Running on Horse glitch the person may not be aware that it is even happening. So they think they are on the ground when they are not. That is my point.

The person "flying" is seeing themselves on the ground while others are seeing them flying. So if others are seeing them flying that could mean Zenimax would see them as flying. Thing is if they are flying why is the person still thinking they are on the ground?

That is my point. We can't just say BAN person they are cheating. They may not even notice they are cheating. Just like you when you think you are on the ground, to someone else you could be flying because of the "glitch" or "bug" that shows you to them as flying.

Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good point. Thing is, if it is a glitch, like the Running on Horse glitch the person may not be aware that it is even happening. So they think they are on the ground when they are not. That is my point.

The person "flying" is seeing themselves on the ground while others are seeing them flying. So if others are seeing them flying that could mean Zenimax would see them as flying. Thing is if they are flying why is the person still thinking they are on the ground?

That is my point. We can't just say BAN person they are cheating. They may not even notice they are cheating. Just like you when you think you are on the ground, to someone else you could be flying because of the "glitch" or "bug" that shows you to them as flying.

Perhaps, though I believe ZOS have final* values for a player location even if the player can be seen in a different location due to a bug.
    Also, if hacking was involved, maybe that too will show on ZOS logs.
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen similar things in Rawl'kha before. While flying and other hacks are almost definitely still around, this seems less like that and more like some other visual bug. There's also a variation of this that's relatively common in Cyrodiil where your character can get "stuck" on the terrain and be unable to move forward or backward. If you are mounted up and mid-jump for these events then you will legit just be stuck in the air. It's quite a sight. I don't think this is that kind of situation though since it doesn't look like there's anywhere to have jumped off of to get that kind of height, unless that rock is actually traversable.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That was my first thought as well. Like the skyshard rock in Dune. OP, do you have a screenshot in open space?
    Options