Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do people get SO many Gold Tempers?

• Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    Market is full of bots, everyday i go in bal foyen, and report at least 5 bots there, same in alikir, bankorai deshaan... AAAND EVEN IN ARTHAEUM GUYS WTF. Everytime i get autoreply and thats it, zos doesnt care. i made few requests to support through site, bit didnt get reply for 3-4 weeks. still waiting and gonna go make new one i guess soon
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Danny_UK
    Danny_UK
    ✭✭✭
    You get them from writs, I have several high level characters maxed out on everything, I get at least 1 temper a day but more like 3 on average. I think you get around 4.5G for doing all writs, can easily throw that money back into buying them again if you wish.
  • Danny_UK
    Danny_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Dr_Rektar wrote: »
    Market is full of bots, everyday i go in bal foyen, and report at least 5 bots there, same in alikir, bankorai deshaan... AAAND EVEN IN ARTHAEUM GUYS WTF. Everytime i get autoreply and thats it, zos doesnt care. i made few requests to support through site, bit didnt get reply for 3-4 weeks. still waiting and gonna go make new one i guess soon

They turn a blind eye to most of the bots, it's keeping the in game economy turning. I've seen a full row of bots following each other many times collecting things, pointless reporting to be honest.

People are just buying separate accounts then buying the programme to run the bot, if they ever did get caught they still have their main account.
    Edited by Danny_UK on August 27, 2018 10:09AM
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (wrong issue)

A week of intense farming will see you with numbers in the low twenties.

I saw one seller had 30 stacks of Beetle Scuttle. ??? When I go farming for this, I only get 1 in 5 of the beetles that drop ANYTHING; and then 1 in 5 again for getting the scuttle. So this person must have killed 120000(?) beetles to get this much.
    Edited by Androconium on August 27, 2018 10:16AM
  • dmegnin
    dmegnin
    Soul Shriven
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    when i used to do crafter daylies on 15 characters (takes like 30 minutes at most if you know what you are doing) i got like 8-10 golden upgrade materials a day sometimes even more if i highrolled the crafting hirelings.

Uh, how? At about 3 minutes just to log out and back in on another character, 15 characters would take 45 minutes if you did nothing but logout/login/logout/login/logout/login.

I know there is an efficient way to do the dailies, but I'm afraid I haven't learned it. How do you do them quickly? I work in Vvardenfell and grab the gear dailies of the first board, do Clothing, Blacksmithing, and Woodworking, then grab the consumable dailies off that board and do Provisioning, Enchanting, Jewelry, and Alchemy, then turn in on the dock. I open the rewards to see if I got ( I didn't) a Master Writ, then log onto the next character and repeat.

I've read that you can take the quests then wait a day and start doing them twice every other day to cut down on the login times, but I haven't done it that way.

Thanks for any tips!
  • Danny_UK
    Danny_UK
    ✭✭✭
    dmegnin wrote: »
    when i used to do crafter daylies on 15 characters (takes like 30 minutes at most if you know what you are doing) i got like 8-10 golden upgrade materials a day sometimes even more if i highrolled the crafting hirelings.

Uh, how? At about 3 minutes just to log out and back in on another character, 15 characters would take 45 minutes if you did nothing but logout/login/logout/login/logout/login.

I know there is an efficient way to do the dailies, but I'm afraid I haven't learned it. How do you do them quickly? I work in Vvardenfell and grab the gear dailies of the first board, do Clothing, Blacksmithing, and Woodworking, then grab the consumable dailies off that board and do Provisioning, Enchanting, Jewelry, and Alchemy, then turn in on the dock. I open the rewards to see if I got ( I didn't) a Master Writ, then log onto the next character and repeat.

I've read that you can take the quests then wait a day and start doing them twice every other day to cut down on the login times, but I haven't done it that way.

Thanks for any tips!

Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter is your friend.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danny_UK wrote: »

Thanks for any tips!

I'm at 2 minutes 2 seconds for each toon, not counting the load screens. With all the proper add-ons, precrafted food/drink/potions, and rapids the whole way in Vivec.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying "Hirelings"?

In the 4 years I've had my alts, never once have I received a gold temper. Purple is the best I've ever received.

Refining? RNG at its worse. Just last week, I refined 1500 Ancestor Silk and got one Dreugh Wax. For comparison, I just got two more this week for doing daily writs (on 2 alts w/level 10 in Clothing - I have 2 other alts, but not enough skill points to dump into crafting yet).

A few nights ago, I refined 500 pewters and 1.2k titanium and got zero Chromium grains on my magSorc.

I've heard the more motifs you've learned, the higher the return rate of everything, including Master Writs.

Considering I only have about 10 learned on 1 alt (who now does all my decon/refining), I'd have to say there may be some truth to this.

Just yesterday, I refined just 30 pewter gains on my stamBlade, who has more motifs read than any other alt, and I got 1 chromium grain.

Coincidence or luck, I don't know, but ... there may be some truth to the motif thing. I also seem to get far more Perfect Roe with my stamBlade than I do with my magSorc.

Nightblades are OP, please nerf :trollface

On a side note, this is extremely unlucky, i have 10 chars with hirelings (need more skill points for the others) and once every 2 days I receive some gold tempers (usually 2 dreugh wax seem more common and they always come in pairs).

As for refining, I refine everything at my own house, for some reason it seems to work better that way and I can see a consistent 200/1 ratio most of the time (some days one of the crafts is unlucky and gets way less, while the others exceed slightly that ratio). From my experience, if you don't get any gold temper in the first 200 you refine, you'll get bad luck so it's better to do it some other day for that craft.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter and auto-craft option on for even faster trips to the crafting station. I've picked a town where the the quest boards, stations, bank and turn in spot are relatively close to each other so I can shorten the trip. All are outdoor so I can sprint on horse for even quicker runs. Also this town is not as popular, so the asset load times are faster than busy & large locations like Vivec. This reduces time per character, including load screen time to under 4 minutes. Load time also depends a lot on addons you have running for each character - the more addons you have running, the more time it takes to load. By far the most taxing in this regard is Master Merchant, since it has a lot of modules and constantly updates from your guilds. That's why I recommend only keeping it on in a single character per account, and also turning it on only periodically, when you need to buy/list stuff. The other characters only have Dolgubon's, ESO Master Recipe List and Trait Buddy running by default since I also monitor trait, motif, recipe and blueprint knowledge constantly in addition to running writs. Other, combat specific addons like Alpha Gear, S'rendarr, Combat Metrics or various map markers are only turned on when I do actually need them on characters that are active.

I pre-craft alchemy & provisioning and deposit them in bank, since for the latter only one character has the multiplication passives, the add-on knows how to extract from bank once you have the quest in your log, and that's quicker than crafting each time; alternatively you can just keep stacks of consumables one each character to avoid the bank trips, but that wouldn't shorten the things much and would waste 14 slots on each characters, rather than just 14 in the bank - I generally want to maximize free space on each character, since the inactive ones store other stuff, like armor. While neither of those gives back any legendary upgrades, the alchemy one gives back expensive plants like Lady Smock, Columbine & Corn Flower and surveys that also have a great chance of containing that, in exchange for a cheap potion & alchemy ingredient. Saving gold on plants for potions does make it far easier to buy other upgrades, 10-20 units of those plants can cost as much as a gold upgrade. As for provisioning, the cost is very low, and you get back recipes, including Ambrosia recipe fragments; CP150 purple recipes go for 15-25K on guild stores so they are nice to get and sell.

Another advantage or running writs regularly is getting back Grand Repair Kits that can fully repair any piece of armor. Those do allow you to save quite a bit of gold, since they go for ~50 gold on guild stores, while the damage repaired is 200+ gold at an NPC vendor. So 150 gold saved each time you repair. It doesn't seem like much, but while doing Summerset, my gear broke 3-4 times for each character. Repairing at an NPC would have costed me around 1.7K gold each time. So that's 5-6.5K gold. Instead the repair kits, had I sold them would have netted me just 1-1.4K gold, so the opportunity cost, minus the equivalent cost is 4-5K gold. It may not seem like much, but that's basically the price of a legendary upgrade. The money you save is just as important as the money you make.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I use Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter and auto-craft option on for even faster trips to the crafting station. I've picked a town where the the quest boards, stations, bank and turn in spot are relatively close to each other so I can shorten the trip. All are outdoor so I can sprint on horse for even quicker runs. Also this town is not as popular, so the asset load times are faster than busy & large locations like Vivec. This reduces time per character, including load screen time to under 4 minutes. Load time also depends a lot on addons you have running for each character - the more addons you have running, the more time it takes to load. By far the most taxing in this regard is Master Merchant, since it has a lot of modules and constantly updates from your guilds. That's why I recommend only keeping it on in a single character per account, and also turning it on only periodically, when you need to buy/list stuff. The other characters only have Dolgubon's, ESO Master Recipe List and Trait Buddy running by default since I also monitor trait, motif, recipe and blueprint knowledge constantly in addition to running writs. Other, combat specific addons like Alpha Gear, S'rendarr, Combat Metrics or various map markers are only turned on when I do actually need them on characters that are active.

I pre-craft alchemy & provisioning and deposit them in bank, since for the latter only one character has the multiplication passives, the add-on knows how to extract from bank once you have the quest in your log, and that's quicker than crafting each time; alternatively you can just keep stacks of consumables one each character to avoid the bank trips, but that wouldn't shorten the things much and would waste 14 slots on each characters, rather than just 14 in the bank - I generally want to maximize free space on each character, since the inactive ones store other stuff, like armor. While neither of those gives back any legendary upgrades, the alchemy one gives back expensive plants like Lady Smock, Columbine & Corn Flower and surveys that also have a great chance of containing that, in exchange for a cheap potion & alchemy ingredient. Saving gold on plants for potions does make it far easier to buy other upgrades, 10-20 units of those plants can cost as much as a gold upgrade. As for provisioning, the cost is very low, and you get back recipes, including Ambrosia recipe fragments; CP150 purple recipes go for 15-25K on guild stores so they are nice to get and sell.

Another advantage or running writs regularly is getting back Grand Repair Kits that can fully repair any piece of armor. Those do allow you to save quite a bit of gold, since they go for ~50 gold on guild stores, while the damage repaired is 200+ gold at an NPC vendor. So 150 gold saved each time you repair. It doesn't seem like much, but while doing Summerset, my gear broke 3-4 times for each character. Repairing at an NPC would have costed me around 1.7K gold each time. So that's 5-6.5K gold. Instead the repair kits, had I sold them would have netted me just 1-1.4K gold, so the opportunity cost, minus the equivalent cost is 4-5K gold. It may not seem like much, but that's basically the price of a legendary upgrade. The money you save is just as important as the money you make.

That last sentence is very true. Been using guildmates as free ports since launch. No telling how much gold I've saved by doing this over the years.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • dmegnin
    dmegnin
    Soul Shriven
    Danny_UK wrote: »

Thanks for any tips!

Yes, I use Dolgubon's and consumables add-ons. My point is that the load screens *alone* take longer than that.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Gythral wrote: »
    15x maxed out crafters doing writs & someone farming all the surveys from that, then refining & de constructing everything with maxed relevant skills

This.

Basically deciding to play for imaginary profit rather than for fun.
    It's amazing how many people get sucked into this via the evil that is 'dailies'

I agree, I think at times, especially when we are competitive, we forget that there are people with cumpulsive and addiction issues with gaming. I had a guildie that topped off easily 50+ hours of game time, was in his 30s and living at home.

If you find yourself stuck doing daily grindy crap, and checking it off like its responsibilities, its time to wind down gaming.

If you go to gold something out, focus on weapons first, then big pieces. After that, no real big difference
  • InRetrospect
    Violynne wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying "Hirelings"?

In the 4 years I've had my alts, never once have I received a gold temper. Purple is the best I've ever received.

Refining? RNG at its worse. Just last week, I refined 1500 Ancestor Silk and got one Dreugh Wax. For comparison, I just got two more this week for doing daily writs (on 2 alts w/level 10 in Clothing - I have 2 other alts, but not enough skill points to dump into crafting yet).

A few nights ago, I refined 500 pewters and 1.2k titanium and got zero Chromium grains on my magSorc.

I've heard the more motifs you've learned, the higher the return rate of everything, including Master Writs.

Considering I only have about 10 learned on 1 alt (who now does all my decon/refining), I'd have to say there may be some truth to this.

Just yesterday, I refined just 30 pewter gains on my stamBlade, who has more motifs read than any other alt, and I got 1 chromium grain.

Coincidence or luck, I don't know, but ... there may be some truth to the motif thing. I also seem to get far more Perfect Roe with my stamBlade than I do with my magSorc.

I know it’s been awhile since the last comment but I literally just got a rosin with one of my toons that doesn’t have 3 skill points in hirelings for my woodworking skill line, so... I know it’s incredibly rare, but I have on the rare occasion gotten them. My guess is the best way is to do writs. I never explored that option yet because I’ve been working on leveling up all my toons and I know its taken me a hell of a lot longer than other people but I live a really busy life and there’s also many hours of me dozing off mid delve, wake up, take two steps, doze off again, do it a few more times, then pass out. Also most of the time I listen to the whole conversations, etc. I get lost in Tamriel, soaking in the beauty, even if it’s the 12th time I’ve been to Shornhelm.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ALL the skill points in the woodworking, clothing, and Metalworking.
    I refine EVERYTHING I get.

And yet, I am unable to obtain enough gold quality materials for my own personal use.

However, I keep seeing people selling large amounts of them in guild stores.

Where do you guys even get these from?
    What is the secret?

They dupe.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do the daily writs only once (over two characters) and that seems to get me piles of tempers.

Although, I should note that I don't actually upgrade stuff all that often, not unless I am certain that its the set I want to use. So basically it only costs me a few tempers per character as I just stick with that same set... for years

I seem to have more trouble with mastic actually, because master writs want it a lot.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily writs and surveys.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Hello,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago. Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.