Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MMR formula change?

Thogard
Thogard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone with an unusually high MMR on PC EU or PC NA confirm that the average quality of their opponents and/or their wait time has changed in the last few days?
PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm I've noticed a change. Almost 1500 matches played on my main, and while some wait times are 20 minutes, sometimes I get a near-instant pop.

Also, I get matched against new players:

unknown.png
    Edited by del9 on August 24, 2018 8:10PM
    PCNA

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I really want to know is how do you get 71 kills in chaos ball and still lose? :o
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    What I really want to know is how do you get 71 kills in chaos ball and still lose? :o
    Years of practice
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing changed, still same hour waiting. But sometimes, very rarely, was getting q on like 20min just to get into half-empty match which most of time cancel coz not enough players or just wasnt fun coz placed against unexpirienced people.
    I really hope that zos will bg q next update, tho zos called 1hour of waiting is just "a bit longer waiting time".
    Edited by Cinbri on August 26, 2018 9:18PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems hit or miss. FWIW, I always queue random match.

On my stamdk I'll still get the 20+ minute queue, and stacked against obvious premades while my team mates are below cp160, or are otherwise very low AR rank.

Immediately following one of those matches I had a near instant pop, deathmatch no less.

The match starts 3v3v3 and for once I actually didn't recognize anyone in the game. Within 2-3 minutes the match filled to a full 4v4v4, and I did recognize the add-on to my team to be a strong pvper.

The two of us end up going 15-0 while the other teams barely scratched 100 points each.

Was very bizarre considering the type of match the stamdk normally gets put in.
    Edited by Grimlok_S on August 29, 2018 5:32PM
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Komputerheld
    Komputerheld
    ✭✭✭
    BG´s were big fun before I was offline in august for about 2 weeks. But these times are over now, I´ll have to wait very long in the queue only to be matched against premade groups or otherwise very, very strong and coordinated opponents... So please, change it back.

Edit: Yesterday evening was everything fine again, i had several really good bg´s on different chars, no long waiting etc.. :)
    Edited by Komputerheld on August 31, 2018 5:55AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hopped on today for some testing.

Queued up got a hit within 3 minutes. It cycled through and fizzed out. After 5 minutes I reset the queue.

Queued up got a hit within a minute. It cycled through and fizzed out. After 3 minutes I reset the queue.

Queued up got a hit within another minute. It cycled through one time and then formed.

Crashed before I could finish the match. :trollface:

Aside from the crash, this was actually a good note for my main's experience with BGs as of late. Still don't understand the system though as much as I want to.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    I can confirm I've noticed a change. Almost 1500 matches played on my main, and while some wait times are 20 minutes, sometimes I get a near-instant pop.

unknown.png

71? Am I reading this right, or is this photoshopped. How is it possible to get 71 kills in one game?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »

unknown.png

71? Am I reading this right, or is this photoshopped. How is it possible to get 71 kills in one game?

He’s got the biggest dawnbreaker

• Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

unknown.png

I can see this.

Really, impressive. Very, very impressive.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

I can see this.

You can spot bad players by seeing who will respond this comment and point out that his team still lost.

• Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

I can see this.

You can spot bad players by seeing who will respond this comment and point out that his team still lost.

Lol, there's no need to mention that. An incredible feat was achieved which is 71 kills in a game which isn't even supposed to be possible technically.

Ironically, it appears the winning team was taking most of the fire this game. But chaosball and deathmatch are quite different. Quite different, indeed.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And nothing about battlegrounds was said on pax west...

Loosing bgs just to decrease mmr and hope that it will help get matches faster per hour feels excited.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you are actually able to get in and play your Battleground matches.
    I consistently get the infinite-intermission-lobby bug numerous times per day. All players in the match are forced to take the 20-minute deserter penalty, only to queue up again 20 minutes later and get into another infinite-intermission-lobby there-afterwards!
    I've had this happen on numerous occasions; and, yes, even back-to-back.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425710/battlegrounds-currently-broken-constantly-stuck-on-waiting-for-players-intermission-lobby-pc-na#latest (still no acknowledgement or comment from ZOS Devs about this well-known issue)

At least I already have all of the Battleground Outfit armor-style pages. I wonder if ZOS will ever add Battleground team Outfit weapon-style pages in the future, to compliment the armor styles.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone with an unusually high MMR on PC EU or PC NA confirm that the average quality of their opponents and/or their wait time has changed in the last few days?

I get more pug vs pug battles and being in/close to top 100 doesnt force you into premade vs pug games all the time (like it was 2 weeks ago)..It feels a bit more random, maybe vacations came to an end and more people started to play?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

I can see this.

Hey, did you notice that his team still lost? :trollface: And yes, I know, it just means that he treated the fight as a DM and didn't give jack about the objective. Which is pretty annoying--queue for a DM if that's what you want.

unknown.png

I can see this.

Lol, there's no need to mention that. An incredible feat was achieved which is 71 kills in a game which isn't even supposed to be possible technically.

Ironically, it appears the winning team was taking most of the fire this game. But chaosball and deathmatch are quite different. Quite different, indeed.

Yea, deathmatch is the only one with a limit on the number of kills you can get, since, well, you win after getting too many. I think the highest-kill game that I've had was a chaosball game, too. Everyone clustered around the ball. Everyone so tunnel-visioned on the ball that they don't notice the guy behind them that's killing them.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, the other teams can't score points if they're dead.

Pushing kills in objective games usually works out for me if my teammates are comfortable juggling the ball or running relics.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB