Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Divine Prosecution : an excursion into pencil-legs

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Eh..... I just want tight-to-the-legs gear instead of balloons. Mostly the armor pieces are.... foofy. I realize that armor (assuming IRL) isn't skin-tight.... but it's a fantasy game. I don't want bulk.... I want sleek.

Actually I want some of the skimpier armor bits from Skyrim.... Yep. I'm female. And I'm OLD. So if I want my girls to run around half-naked, sue me?

I lol'd when I read that because I am female and I'm old, also, and I dress my girls as skimpy as possible. I like sexy characters!

I have a few characters showing skin, too, but Divine Prosecution can still look quite nice without being skimpy.

On topic, I think the OP has a fair point. ZOS should at least look into it ...

0RilGK2.png
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Since I'm now obsessed with this, here's the style on my max-muscled orc character.

eJP8vmG.jpg
    fRfExKd.jpg

Y'all gotta see it there.

Okay now I see it. Point made.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from a modeling and animating perspective, this is probably a tool to eliminate work.
    If the leggings part of this mesh scaled to every thigh thickness, theyd have to make the skirt scale as well, so the thighs didnt clip through it on characters with max muscled thighs.

So instead, they let the skirt hide most of the thigh, and didnt scale the thigh at all, which means they didnt have to scale the skirt.
    Thus less work for a result that, to most players, is identical.

I by no means endorse this sort of laziness, but it is probably what happened and its probably why they wont fix it now.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see it now as well. The same problem is even more noticeable on the more ornate of the two costumes involving a halter top and short wrapped skirt (sorry I don't recall the name off the top of my head). There was a thread about that costume at the time because it shrank bare legs very visibly and only on one of the two legs. It was enough to persuade me not to buy that costume.

At least your Khajiit doesn't look deformed to others that don't know he's supposed to have burly legs, right? And most will be viewing the leg area from higher up, making the skirt hide the leg change for the most part. That doesn't make it a good thing, doesn't mean you aren't kept from enjoying what should be a gorgeous piece of armor, but it's ... something?
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    I see it now as well. The same problem is even more noticeable on the more ornate of the two costumes involving a halter top and short wrapped skirt (sorry I don't recall the name off the top of my head). There was a thread about that costume at the time because it shrank bare legs very visibly and only on one of the two legs. It was enough to persuade me not to buy that costume.

At least your Khajiit doesn't look deformed to others that don't know he's supposed to have burly legs, right? And most will be viewing the leg area from higher up, making the skirt hide the leg change for the most part. That doesn't make it a good thing, doesn't mean you aren't kept from enjoying what should be a gorgeous piece of armor, but it's ... something?

Unfortunately it was a problem enough for me from the preview where I am confident I won't be using at least the light pants for that style. I haven't checked all the other features of it yet, though, so at least there's hope!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm now obsessed with this, here's the style on my max-muscled orc character.

eJP8vmG.jpg
    fRfExKd.jpg

Y'all gotta see it there.

Ouch. It looks like someone whittled his thighs away. :s And now I'm reminded of one of the bad guys in a FR book who did that sort of thing...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of the boots in this game are hideous to appalling with weird backs and duck feet. These are actually nice. Please leave them be.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Okay now I see it. Point made.

I saw it with the awesome Kitten Boy, but now .... now....

No I cannot un-see it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Most of the boots in this game are hideous to appalling with weird backs and duck feet. These are actually nice. Please leave them be.

It's not the boots.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ragebull wrote: »
    Looks fine to me

@Ragebull

I've taken some additional screenshots to clarify. The region in question is the leg, just above the knee. Surely you notice the change in shape, yes?

Lrcikp2.jpg
    amd9fGk.png

It's like he skipped 137 leg days in a row while also starving himself.

Looks the same to me?
  • gurahamu
    gurahamu
    The real question is, why you even wearing clothes? Ferocious kittens need not such things! Just look at Lions and Tigers lol. Problem solved.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowhere near as bad as the male wedding suit. Turns buff male characters into stick figures. A few others do that as well.
  • gurahamu
    gurahamu
    OP was right though. I took his two orc images and laid in Photoshop using transparency on one layer to show differences in the thighs

r8tu88.jpg

As you can see, the meat to bone ratio on the inside leg is changed drastically, in addition to a tiny bit on the outside of the thigh too.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf leg muscles
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gurahamu wrote: »
    OP was right though. I took his two orc images and laid in Photoshop using transparency on one layer to show differences in the thighs

r8tu88.jpg

As you can see, the meat to bone ratio on the inside leg is changed drastically, in addition to a tiny bit on the outside of the thigh too.

This is amazing and you are perfect for having this idea. I shall now use it as my go-to method for showing off these kinds of issues.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread so much makes me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc1am3KyYgA
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."