The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the point of rezzing someone in a bg match?

Zer0oo
Zer0oo
✭✭✭✭✭
I seriously wonder if there is any advantage to rez someone other than you do not have to walk to the place you died.
Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
- Update 23

Best Answer

• Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    I seriously wonder if there is any advantage to rez someone other than you do not have to walk to the place you died.

No, but its important that you stay with the team. Mostly you are no value to the team if you run solo somewhere far away from action. And in pug games, usually, 3 vs 4 is death sentence to the 3. But the rezzer must be a templar, than you come back with full health and good resources - otherwise you are half dead when you rise you can be easily one shotted.

So yea, only that.
    Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally not. But if you have a fast rezzer, and on comms so you hear that player gets the long respawn time, it can be worth it.

Ive never really thought about what controls the length of respawn time!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when people try to rez me. Half the time, they get themselves killed. And if they do complete the rez, most of the time I just decline it because being rezzed with no resources is often a death sentence.

Rezzes do make sense sometimes. But most of the time, there's just no point.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    There's a 20 seconds timer that keeps ticking regardless of whether you're dead or not. The timer ticks differently for different teams (eg when it's 13 secs for a team it can be 4 secs for another) but is the same for all members of the same team. You can't see it unless you're dead. If you're lucky you may die when the timer has only 3s left and resurrect immediately, or if you're unlucky you may die when it's 19s.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Under the right conditions, opposite of the spawn point taking a flag. I'll try to rezz a guy to flip the flag quicker if the corpse is still warm.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rez if we need that man up for continued pressure.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes someone yelled at me yesterday for trying to rez them. I do it so they get the capture points on a flag. But I understand the limited resources being an issue.
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lorem123 wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    There's a 20 seconds timer that keeps ticking regardless of whether you're dead or not. The timer ticks differently for different teams (eg when it's 13 secs for a team it can be 4 secs for another) but is the same for all members of the same team. You can't see it unless you're dead. If you're lucky you may die when the timer has only 3s left and resurrect immediately, or if you're unlucky you may die when it's 19s.

I'm unlucky most of the time then. I usually see it at 12-15 seconds except for my first death or two.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally it takes a while and they revive with no resources to defend themselves and just give the enemy a free kill again. Also the person reviving is wasting time and could cause other teammates to get killed while doing it or get them self killed.

The only time I think it's worth it is if it's by a templar since they can do it faster so it is actually a good time use and the player comes back with full hp instead of being a low hp no resource target right away.

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they have a long CD and you Rez them, they can remain with the group and not have to make their way back alone.

I get incensed when my Rez is virtually done and people pop up!

Have fun not getting your lunch packed on your way across the map alone! Also, in flag games - people who pop mid Rez screw the team for points more often than not.

Edited to add: the only char I actively Rez on is my Templar.
    Edited by Mureel on August 19, 2018 6:54PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally never rez someone else and almost never found it useful to get rezzed. You get up with low resources that you have to recover and are quite easy to burst down after you got rezzed. I will always wonder why teammates trying to rez someone in the middle of the fight instead of healing them self or trying to kill someone.

Even in flag games it makes no real difference to respawn and walk back or wait for the rez. If you rez you can also go easy to a different point on the map to take a flag.

Also i let every enemy rez in death match if i have a burst ulti since it is a free bonus kill for me at this point.

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess the new set that give ult regen and with ress speed, it can be useful
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends