The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What CC for Sorcs now?

wozborne
wozborne
✭✭✭
So, now that Wolfhunter is out what are you PCsorcs using as a CC now? Back to clench? Sticking with a gutted Rune Cage? Streak?
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I uninstalled the game even with ESO+ subscription for 5 months. Its garbage to play. Not planning to come back. Patiently waiting for other big game releases. My first and last of game of MMO type. MMOs class balancing is *** . ESO taken to ridiculous levels. RIP ESO.

FYI. ZOs never reverted a change after its goes live.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 17, 2018 3:33AM
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    I uninstalled the game even with ESO+ subscription for 5 months. Its garbage to play. Not planning to come back. Patiently waiting for other big game releases. My first and last of game of MMO type. MMOs class balancing is *** . ESO taken to ridiculous levels. RIP.

That doesn’t really answer my question, but good luck out there
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wozborne wrote: »
    So, now that Wolfhunter is out what are you PCsorcs using as a CC now? Back to clench? Sticking with a gutted Rune Cage? Streak?

Going to have to go back to reach... not that it's super telegraphed and the easiest thing in the world to bock/ dodge.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I uninstalled the game even with ESO+ subscription for 5 months. Its garbage to play. Not planning to come back. Patiently waiting for other big game releases. My first and last of game of MMO type. MMOs class balancing is *** . ESO taken to ridiculous levels. RIP.

Answer is none of them works. Rune cage gives ridiculous amount of time to dodge with a huge telegraph. Clench not worth without master staff. Even then Clench is not a CC. Its barely 1.5 seconds by simply knocking back , not stun. So both are worthless.

Hope its answer your question.
    Some tried frost staff with shock enchant , and says its playable, but not to acceptable level. I haven't tried it. You can worth to try it. Answer comes from a dependable person.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 17, 2018 3:17AM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Answer is none of them works. Rune cage gives ridiculous amount of time to dodge with a huge telegraph. Clench not worth it without master staff. Even then Clench is not a CC. Its barely 1.5 seconds. So both are worthless.

Some tried frost staff with shock enchant , and says its playable, but not to acceptable level. I haven't tried it. You can worth to try it.

Problem is you lose a ton of damage not using inferno. Right answer is to delete sorc and roll magblade I guess.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played mine yet, but I plan on sticking with RC. My prediction is that it won't be as bad as it seems. Just takes some intentionality to cast it as a dodge roll is finishing up so it lands as they come out of that brief immunity period after the animation.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame reach
    I haven't played mine yet, but I plan on sticking with RC. My prediction is that it won't be as bad as it seems. Just takes some intentionality to cast it as a dodge roll is finishing up so it lands as they come out of that brief immunity period after the animation.

Yep that’s how any ranged CC should work.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seriously considering that set Hide of Morihaus that stuns when you roll through somebody, LOL.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seriously considering that set Hide of Morihaus that stuns when you roll through somebody, LOL.

Its heavy armor. Are you really serious ? Just quit playing PVP for sometime or play with alts or quit altogether . I dont think its playable. ZOs promised future nerfs for sorc. Think about it. I decided to quit the game with ESO+ with 5 months active subscription mainly because of it. Reroll NB or DK . Just shelve sorc and take it back if you think it can be viable some day.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 17, 2018 3:47AM
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Flame reach

So I guess we’re back to “get a Master Destro or go f yourself” again huh
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its heavy armor. Are you really serious ? Just quit playing PVP for sometime or play with alts or quit altogether . I dont think its playable. ZOs promised future nerfs for sorc. Think about it. I decided to quit the game with ESO+ with 5 months active subscription mainly because of it. Reroll NB or DK . Just shelve sorc and take it back if you think it can be viable some day.

Really? Sorcs will ALWAYS be viable because of their delayed burst and mobility. difference now is you dont get kills handed to you with an undodgeable cc -> meteor with a precast execute. I think you’re over reacting.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Sorcs will ALWAYS be viable because of their delayed burst and mobility. difference now is you dont get kills handed to you with an undodgeable cc -> meteor with a precast execute. I think you’re over reacting.

I dont want to explain one more time . Read my previous posts why sorc is a garbage. Its not overreacting. Many good players already shelved the sorc as far I know. Many chosen to play the non sorc alts . On top of that ZOs promised more nerfs. I have experience of getting kicked for vet trials for using sorc, because only one sorc is allowed in vet trials. I dont think its something right for a game.

My gravest mistake is to make a magic sorc main and too much time in leveling up. I have stam NB and stamden leveled for PVP. PVP is downright boring no variety or balance . Always you have to be NB or DK or stamina for PVP to play competitively . For some people it might be interesting in stomping the noobs and under powered and love t-bagging them. I dont expect any good PVE content anytime soon.

I have done most of the PVE content. Leveling up new toons for the sake of playing competitive in PVP and doing same PVE content to level up is too boring for me. Its not magic sorc nerfed. I lost confidence in integrity of ZOs as a game developer. Probably my last day in ESO forum. I wont respond tomorrow. Good luck.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 17, 2018 4:23AM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont want to explain one more time . Read my previous posts why sorc is a garbage. Its not overreacting. Many good players already shelved the sorc as far I know. Many chosen to play the non sorc alts . On top of that ZOs promised more nerfs. I have experience of getting kicked for vet trials for using sorc, because only one sorc is allowed in vet trials. I dont think its something right for a game.

My gravest mistake is to make a magic sorc main and too much time in leveling up. I have stam NB and stamden leveled for PVP. PVP is downright boring with ridiculous balance . I have done most of the PVE content. Leveling up new toons for the sake of playing competitive in PVP with same PVE content is too boring for me.

I've read your recent posts and I've learned that you don't play this game any more.
    Edited by kadar on August 17, 2018 5:53AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are pretty much using cage for the meteor combo you may wanna keep it,; as it is still unblockable and the counter to meteor is block and no dodge.

Obviously during non ult combat it's pretty useless lol, especially in the new meta

Reach + Master's is still strong; probably the better all round choice

Very short hayday for mag sorc though.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flame reach

So I guess we’re back to “get a Master Destro or go f yourself” again huh

Even using a Master destro is f'ing yourself in the current patch. The weapon requires 2 slots but only gives a single bonus, and no stats at all.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Build with 3 proc sets, cost posions and hope you kill stuff before it CCs you xD

Or do as me, go back too streak spam + mines
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I uninstalled the game even with ESO+ subscription for 5 months. Its garbage to play. Not planning to come back. Patiently waiting for other big game releases. My first and last of game of MMO type. MMOs class balancing is *** . ESO taken to ridiculous levels. RIP ESO.

Edited by WuffyCerulei on August 17, 2018 6:25AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I let other people stun them cuz I'm a lazy PoS.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I will try daedric tomb again.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id go with Rune Cage and Streak
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dropped RC and slotted mines instead. But then I’ll not PvP that much this patch on my Sorc anyway.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

They reverted rune cage dmg change, lol

edit: grammar

Edited by Neloth on August 17, 2018 7:57AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time stop?
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

Answer is none of them works. Rune cage gives ridiculous amount of time to dodge with a huge telegraph. Clench not worth without master staff. Even then Clench is not a CC. Its barely 1.5 seconds by simply knocking back , not stun. So both are worthless.

Some tried frost staff with shock enchant , and says its playable, but not to acceptable level. I haven't tried it. You can worth to try it. Answer comes from a dependable person.

Please, highlight the frost staff part? The only master inferno staff I have is ice. What stuns here?

To the OP: right now i'm using a combination of clench, streak and dawn breaker. It's not very good, but not very bad too.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stun them with the scamp pet? Difficult because you have a 6s delay, pet can wander off or die.

Stun them with Reach? Dodgeable, blockable, reflectable and short stun duration. I also prefer Crushing Shock as spammable because you keep control over when the CC is applied.

Stun them with Streak? Only works in melee range and its blockable. Not bad as backup stun for dodge rollers.

Yeah, probably sticking to Rune Cage. At least is still works with meteor. If they dodge the meteor it knocks them down, if they block Rune Cage it stuns them.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't waste your time arguing with that Priyasekarssk guy. If you tell him to use clench, streak, DB or Meteor he will jump at you, yelling you are a NB or DK in disguise, followed by a rant about a conspiracy involving streamer's money and whatnot.

On Topic: We're back to pre-summer set as far as options go. So just use what you used before. All we can hope is some rework on class skills in 3 months. I'm all for a compensation on Cage and a buff on streak.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't waste your time arguing with that Priyasekarssk guy. If you tell him to use clench, streak, DB or Meteor he will jump at you, yelling you are a NB or DK in disguise, followed by a rant about a conspiracy involving streamer's money and whatnot.

On Topic: We're back to pre-summer set as far as options go. So just use what you used before. All we can hope is some rework on class skills in 3 months. I'm all for a compensation on Cage and a buff on streak.

Well, I either used DW with cage (when it was undodgeable)
    Or staff with dawnbreaker (no space for cage)
    Before then - frags...

Leaves the only option as the middle one now. Really, though, I'm currently using incap.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah we get it you quit the game, stop already you salty pickle.
    Now let us others adapt
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In time, everybody but nightblades will have no stuns.

Btw, rune cage is still a stun. You just don't do bonkers dmg with it
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is the issue. The choices are pretty naff. And my gripe is two fold, one is the persistent nerf sorc brigade out 24/7 - it does make you defensive when you main one. Sure Sorc have had times at the top, and times where they were enjoyable to play regardless of effectivness - but U19 feels like neither (as 16 & 17 werent and we now worse) And thats the second - choice. we need choices of setup, and all factors in right now from bar space to effectiveness leads to Reach unless you are a Pro or stubborn. And if you are reach, might as well be a NB and be better at it.

Cage x 4 nerfs, Defensive rune nerfed, OL attack from stealth nerfed, execute nerfed.

Well played #NerfSorcBrigade thats almost a clean sweep. Just wards to go.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP