The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you play to win the campaign for your faction?

Sacredx
Sacredx
✭✭✭
This is a pretty simple poll to see how much each faction cares about winning the campaign each month.

Do you play to win the campaign for your faction? Select yes or no for your faction.
Edited by Sacredx on August 16, 2018 2:46AM
PC NA PvP Oceanic
The Kelly Gang [TKG]
Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc

Do you play to win the campaign for your faction? 172 votes

Yes (AD)
16% 29 votes
Yes (DC)
14% 25 votes
Yes (EP)
19% 34 votes
No (AD)
15% 27 votes
No (DC)
9% 17 votes
No (EP)
11% 20 votes
Other (include a comment below)
11% 20 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play to win the campaign, and have ever since I started on PC/NA Haderus, then Trueflame, Vivec and Shor. If I'm on, I'll be playing for objectives, for the score, and for the win.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not particularly.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Akrimus
    Akrimus
    ✭✭
    I'm playing for AP. Win campgain by scoring brings zero AP, so I don't care.
    PC EU DC Akrimus (Sorcerer) Daggerfall Bandits
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    Only zerglings pay attention to campaign score :wink:
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to but after months of getting absolutely decimated, I learned not to care.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If i play, i play for DC to win.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play for skill points, skill unlocks, and AP for jewelry. While I do that, I also try to help DC (or another faction if I need to level those alts) win.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on August 16, 2018 6:21AM
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play to improve my performance on the classes I am passionate about, with the end goal of winning challenging fights with my friends. I play for the actual battles and combat. Not for the alliance war, which as far as I care is just a backdrop.

It doesn’t matter anyways....whichever faction zergs the hardest and most consistently will win the campaign. The alliance war and alliance rankings do not promote, require, or encourage any kind of skill whatsoever.

If they made campaigns give actually valuable rewards, I might be bothered to care.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy good fights as much as I enjoy winning those fights and helping my faction in the meantime. I miss the days of Thornblade when EP had so many guilds to coordinate with that we made a faction guild to coordinate between each other and hit multiple enemy keeps at once at primetime. That was alot of fun!
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to ...but with getting night capped and peak times being over run first by a red zerg now by a blue zerg, I'm left to just try to enjoy fights ...

The scoring system is fundamentally flawed and should be rework or remove the campaigns altogether and make them like battle grounds only once you've queued they last 4 hours
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just play because it's fun and for golden vendor.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Used too way back when, nowadays I just like killing people.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm in Cyrodiil, it's for AP. I'll get that at the expense of objectives nearly every time. If me gaining AP helps the map, that's a happy bonus.
    Edited by redspecter23 on August 17, 2018 2:37AM
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play to read the map/chat while I do RL stuff.
    I don't AD has had a close enough sniff of victory to consider it for some time.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sometimes it feels like this war will never end...

just campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I play to have fun. I will often be looking for 1vx, 1v1s or big sieges. I love all kind of pvp fights. If ad wins it's more of a bonus. I feel like it would be kinda less fun playing mainly for the win, I see so many people complaining about zergs and night capping and I just couldn't care. zergs just mean more people to fight and night cappers give me something to fight when I also happen to be on late at night.

Edited by Crixus8000 on August 17, 2018 6:03AM
  • Tekillya
    Tekillya
    ✭✭
    I have enough AP i play for the win.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play to win the campaign, and have ever since I started on PC/NA Haderus, then Trueflame, Vivec and Shor. If I'm on, I'll be playing for objectives, for the score, and for the win.

Spot on. Same here. Sadly not enough of us about.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really enjoy playing for the win. I've got the Cyro achievements, I've played in some top tier guilds, I've done the solo, small man, ball group over the 4 years, for me now it's nice to log in with a purpose and playing in a more sociable manner with guild mates and friends winning is always a more positive night in TS and zone chat.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play to have fun, help others get better, bring some solid large & small scale battles to the enemy, and claim more of the map for my faction while I'm on. However, that does not include taking unnecessary keeps that serve no legit purpose such as taking enemy Tri-keeps when there are no scrolls behind them to be taken, etc.

The score itself typically reflects what faction has groups capturing scrolls and keeps while there is little to no competition on so it's out of mind for me. #1 faction according to scoreboard loses regularly when pop is balanced so let them have their little scoreboard victory :D

Edited by Enkil on August 17, 2018 10:04PM
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    I really only play to kill people. Sometimes that helps the map, sometimes it doesn't.

It used to be that I would only approach a keep if I could pick up a free O-tick from being inside for a second, but changes to keep radius ticks mean that I am happy to pass through a keep, then guard the postern door that would admit reinforcements. I get my 1vX and my objective-oriented allies get 5-10 less people to fight because they are dead on the back steps.

Works for me.

If the servers were a bit better I would certainly be more interested in keep fights. But as is, I stay far away when possible, since the lag keeps my game from feeling sharp and responsive.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not since Wabbajack.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a multi-faction nub that plays on whatever alliance is #3 or lesser bars. If there is an objective to protect I'm not going to let it be taken easily, even if I'm only a guest in the campaign. That said, I can tell you there are a lot of people in Cyrodil that don't listen until its too late and take healers for granted :D . I don't really care about winning the campaigns, but Cyrodil is a good place to test a build before I use them elsewhere. Might as well "help" while I'm at it and get more skill points!
  • vane000
    vane000
    Soul Shriven
    Playing the campaign is very boring I just want to kill people
    Edited by vane000 on August 20, 2018 6:37PM
    Panda Force (previously known as Artem Deorum)
    AD - MagDK - Empress Alessía
    AD - Bomblade - Wasnt Vd you just suck
    AD - MagSorc - Archmage Alessia
    AD - StamSorc - I Give Rapids
    AD - Stamden - Watch For The Dawnbreaker
    AD - Magden - Warden Alessia
    AD - Magplar - Alessia the Dawnbreaker
    AD - Magblade - Alessia Ravenclaw

Former Vivec Emporer
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play to play.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    getting some ap is nice and fine, also to derp around a bit sometimes when u have the feeling no one in ur faction is doing good that moment, but alliance war goals are what i care most if i had to decide.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to but after being one of the only members of your Alliance that actually want to win the campaign I stopped caring

I PvP for the lols to roast idiots and make obscure references in zone chat and that get that sweet AP
    Edited by RebornV3x on August 20, 2018 8:37PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the point? I suppose i could run around in lag and play siege simulator for several hours and maybe we someone combat the immense difference of players between DC and other factions on my server and somehow get the majority of the map.

But then someone will start night capping when others go off around 12am and they'll have literally everything on the map until 1-3 pm the next day when other factions finally get a bar of pop. But even then DC would still be outnumbered by the 2-3 bar pop night capping faction.

So no i haven't and will not bother with campaign. I haven't for years.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play for the cheap wine and loose women.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play to be confused and rapidly killed by BiS PvP players while "my side" ignores my requests for guidance because (with respect to PvP) I'm "just a noob".

So I play .... rarely
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis