The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Skill point from devour passive is not refunded automatically

feyii
feyii
✭✭✭✭
I just logged in with one of my werewolf characters who already has unlocked all werewolf skills ages ago. According to the Wolfhunter patch notes, such characters should get the skill point for the devour passive refunded, since it's now automatically unlocked when becoming a werewolf.
This character of mine didn't get the refund. I have 0 skill points to spend, just like before the patch.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We're checking on this, @feyii. Thanks for the heads-up! What's the character name?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom thanks for the quick reply. The character's name is Revyn Sarethi, it's my oldest character. I haven't logged in to other werewolves yet, so I'm not sure if newer ones are affected as well.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    feyii wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom thanks for the quick reply. The character's name is Revyn Sarethi, it's my oldest character. I haven't logged in to other werewolves yet, so I'm not sure if newer ones are affected as well.

Thanks! Let us know if your other werewolf characters are having the same issue. Also, did you get the Werewolf Skill Line in-game via a bite, or from the Crown Store?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I get all bites in-game, the only difference between my characters is that some are bitten by werewolf spawns, others by other players.

As for my other wolves:

- Shazari-ko also has all werewolf skills and didn't get a refund
    - Shagra gra-Kesh only has a few skills but devour was one of them
    - Farben-des-Lichts has all skills and no refund
    - Vesta Cordalis has all skills (not all morphs) and no refund
    - Baast of Dune has most skills and no refund

All my wolves who have passives unlocked had devour as well, before the patch.

My last werewolf, Nesryn at-Sayed, didn't have any skill points in the skill line and just got the passive unlocked with the patch so that worked fine.

Also, the mentioned characters are on PC - EU.
    Edited by feyii on August 13, 2018 2:12PM
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a side note - I just went to level the werewolf skill line with a character who just got the skill line a few days ago (on PC - NA). While the devour skill was unlocked with this patch, I was not able to devour some things that could be devoured before. The synergy didn't pop up. Not sure if this is intended.

I could devour actual enemy corpses (like scorpions or dunerippers), but I couldn't devour corpses of e.g. goats.
  • aaOzymandias
    aaOzymandias
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, I did not get my skillpoint back either, I think at least. Got a bite from player.
    Edited by aaOzymandias on August 13, 2018 3:59PM
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    same, no point refund (currently have zero points), acquired WW via ingame mob, character name Zaldan
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info and reports, all. We're investigating and will let you know when we have an update.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Likewise, my werewolf didnt get the devour skill point refunded

Also I still have both
    Sanies Lupinus and Lycanthropy

The first should have gone when I finished the quest and got full blown Lycanthropy
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Gythral on August 13, 2018 7:49PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same, also I have both sanies lupinus and lycanthropy
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be hard for me to verify, because I have some werewolves with unspent skill points. Others without. And figuring out if they're missing a skill point will be a little tricky.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    As a side note - I just went to level the werewolf skill line with a character who just got the skill line a few days ago (on PC - NA). While the devour skill was unlocked with this patch, I was not able to devour some things that could be devoured before. The synergy didn't pop up. Not sure if this is intended.

I could devour actual enemy corpses (like scorpions or dunerippers), but I couldn't devour corpses of e.g. goats.

Just got word from the Dev team that the inability to use Devour on "critters" (goats, sheep, squirrels, etc.) is intended. We unintentionally did not have this one in the patch notes. Sorry about that!
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got word from the Dev team that the inability to use Devour on "critters" (goats, sheep, squirrels, etc.) is intended. We unintentionally did not have this one in the patch notes. Sorry about that!

Well that's going to make leveling werewolf much more annoying than before.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

you should be able to devour critters only if they are still alive.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭

Good to know. Thanks for the confirmation!
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 3 WWs and none received the point refund. All were infected by players, a long time ago.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    I to did not get the intended point refund. My warden was infected about a month ago.
    No Lollygagging.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭

Can we get a dev comment on the reasoning behind this change please? WW has had changes to make it easier to stay in form but this goes against those changes.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My werewolf also didn't receive the skill point refund. Same name.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • MProsk
    MProsk
    ✭✭
    The same, no refund
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info and reports, all. We're investigating and will let you know when we have an update.

has this been forgotten about or has a fix still not been found?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no refund.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    same here, respecced 3x & still do not have the point back

Now, I just assume it's an artist vs engineer issue,
    artists do all the changes and there are no engineers to do the pick up the pieces work that is always needed
    Edited by Gythral on October 12, 2018 11:26AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy