Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alternative to the cripple expedition nerf

RighteousBacon
RighteousBacon
✭✭✭✭
So I understand that the major expedition on crippling grasp is being shortened since it is tied to the snare of the ability. I assume this nerf is being applied because snares are too powerful in pvp. I totally support this because i am a small scale pvp’er myself; however, no one asked for this nerf to the cripple expedition.

Why can’t we just have the ability changed a bit? Just make the expedition last as long as the ability and not be attached to the snare? Sure it’ll be slightly more powerful since the person being snares can’t purge their enemies speed buff, but I really think this wouldn’t be too much of an issue.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or how about just not remove the expedition
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Or how about just not remove the expedition

It’s not being removed is it? It’s just being reduced to 4 seconds because the snare is too
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand your reasoning behind this. Changes aren't really done on a 'who asked for it' basis (though I did request that the skill be nerfed in the NB discord a while ago, if you must know xD), and the skill is already being changed 'just a little bit'.

It was just caught up in across-the-board changes. Snare + DoT + root + damage + power movement boost all in one skill is way too much anyway.

And yeah, they've just ~halfing the durations.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expedition part of the skill should stay the same. It is pretty vital for magblades in pve and pvp.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand your reasoning behind this. Changes aren't really done on a 'who asked for it' basis (though I did request that the skill be nerfed in the NB discord a while ago, if you must know xD), and the skill is already being changed 'just a little bit'.

It was just caught up in across-the-board changes. Snare + DoT + root + damage + power movement boost all in one skill is way too much anyway.

And yeah, they've just ~halfing the durations.

I understand, I’m just saying that this skill is extremely unique and it provides magicka nightblade with a lot of utility. I believe that the only arguable nerf needed for this ability would be to it’s snare/immobilization. That’s why I feel like the expedition should be ignored in this nerf. The damage from the ability is nothing special either honesty
    Edited by RighteousBacon on August 12, 2018 2:52PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    however, no one asked for this nerf to the cripple expedition.

Essentially players have been asking for nerfs to snares and this patch is rebalancing a snares and other buffs/debuffs which this fell squarely into the view.

Also, and please do not take this wrong., This changes was announced over 4 weeks ago. This limited feedback provided would probably have been better then rather than days before these changes hit live. Granted, better late than never though.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Essentially players have been asking for nerfs to snares and this patch is rebalancing a snares and other buffs/debuffs which this fell squarely into the view.

Also, and please do not take this wrong., This changes was announced over 4 weeks ago. This limited feedback provided would probably have been better then rather than days before these changes hit live. Granted, better late than never though.

Oh I've given plenty of feed back I assure you
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With all due respect, but I wouldn't call your belief that magNB is somehow underpowered and needs buffs "feedback". No class has a longer major expedition buff than 7.5 seconds (DK Empowering Chains: 6 seconds, Sorc Boundless Storm 7.5 seconds, NB: Twisting Path: 10 seconds, Mirage 4 seconds, Cripple 4 seconds, Templar: zilch), the only outlier is Warden with 14 seconds for Deceptive Predator or 10 seconds for Bird of Prey.

The design pattern is: The longer the buff the worse are the other effects. Again only Warden doesn't hold to that, but they are a desperate class anyway (although StamWarden needs nerfs and magWareden sizeable buffs).

Cripple comes with a strong immobilize + snare, so the 3rd effect should be short, and is actually akin to the design of Blur and morphs. If you want a longer major expedition, use Path (has limitations to offset) or pots, not to mention magNB can run Concealed Weapon for 25% more speed. Cripple certainly wasn't adjusted "for no good reason".
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Path is more like 2-3s, because if you stay in its aoe there is no point in having a speed buff. Cripple requires a target and can be dodged, cloaked, reflected or purged in which case it doesn't grant the speed buff. Double Take has too short duration and there is usually not enough bar space to take it. Just because magblade has more skills which grant Major Expedition doesn't mean it has better acess to this buff than other classes. Even pre Cripple nerf.

I'd generally like higher expedition durations from skills and/or magicka speed pots, because mobility is just that important for solo/smallscale open world and currently stam is heavily favoured in this department.
    Edited by Rianai on August 13, 2018 4:47PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

With all due respect, but I wouldn't call your belief that magNB is somehow underpowered and needs buffs "feedback". No class has a longer major expedition buff than 7.5 seconds (DK Empowering Chains: 6 seconds, Sorc Boundless Storm 7.5 seconds, NB: Twisting Path: 10 seconds, Mirage 4 seconds, Cripple 4 seconds, Templar: zilch), the only outlier is Warden with 14 seconds for Deceptive Predator or 10 seconds for Bird of Prey.

The design pattern is: The longer the buff the worse are the other effects. Again only Warden doesn't hold to that, but they are a desperate class anyway (although StamWarden needs nerfs and magWareden sizeable buffs).

Cripple comes with a strong immobilize + snare, so the 3rd effect should be short, and is actually akin to the design of Blur and morphs. If you want a longer major expedition, use Path (has limitations to offset) or pots, not to mention magNB can run Concealed Weapon for 25% more speed. Cripple certainly wasn't adjusted "for no good reason".

melee doesn't use path. Until they add more sources of snare removal It's hard not to play melee. Melee is already super weak so sure lets gimp it even more