The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Balorgh monster set feedback (from pen & paper perspective)

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
(*some tweaks were made in response to the positive comments.)

I know that the Balorgh Monster set grants weapon and spell damage equal to twice the amount of ultimate consumed, but personally, something just occurred to me.

I decided to cross-reference a few (“mental”) notes here and there and I thought to myself upon conclusion, wouldn’t the Balorgh monster set work to an equal latter if it just grants Major Berserk for 10 seconds upon activating an Ultimate and granting Major Berserk to Transformed Werewolves for the duration?

Here are the “mental” notes I mentioned
  • Balorgh monster set only lasts 10 seconds upon activating an ultimate and grants weapon/spell damage equal to twice the amount consumed.
  • Somehow problematic for “toggled” ultimates, namely Overload and Werewolf Transformation.
  • Thought about the mechanics derived from the 5th piece bonus of the Salvation set.
  • Looked at buffs list on UESP. Noticeably, Major Berserk has very few sources of activation, being limited to “Reapers mark”, “Summon Storm Atronach”(synergistically), hem-jas retribution and sithis touch.
  • Idea pondered for new effects for the Balorgh Monster set.

Balorgh:
  • 1: Adds 1-129 weapon damage.
  • 1: Adds 1-129 spell damage.
  • 2: activating an ultimate grants you Major Berserk for 5 seconds plus an additional 1 second for every 50 points of ultimate consumed*, Increasing your Damage Done by 25%. While in Werewolf Form, you gain Major Berserk at all times, increasing your damage done by 25%. This can only occur once every 1 minute.

(*10 seconds maximum at 500 ultimate, adding up to 15 seconds of major berserk occurring once every 1 minute.)

Alternatively.
Balorgh:
  • 1: Adds 1-129 weapon damage.
  • 1: Adds 1-129 spell damage.
  • 2: activating an ultimate grants you Major Berserk for 5 seconds plus an additional 1 second for every 20 points of ultimate consumed*, Increasing your Damage Done by 25%. While in Werewolf Form, you gain Major Berserk at all times, increasing your damage done by 25%. This can only occur once every 1 minute.

(*25 seconds maximum at 500 ultimate, adding up to 30 seconds of major berserk occurring once every 2 minutes.)

When I thought of this, I also thought about adding an extensive cooldown so as to ensure that this set does not get abused. But to allow Major berserk at all times for transformed werewolves (aka, the thematic “Salvation” Treatment.) could allow slightly more viability and allow greater opportunity In trials related activity.

But if you folks disagree, that is fine, I just thought I would bring this up for discussion.

The question was (just in case): wouldn’t the Balorgh monster set work to an equal latter if it just grants Major Berserk for 5 seconds plus an additional 1 second for every X points of ultimate consumed* and granting Major Berserk to Transformed Werewolves for the duration of the transformation?
Edited by Skullstachio on August 8, 2018 2:32PM
I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Twenty five seconds of Major Berserk on ultimate use is hefty. Then, ten seconds of Major Slayer coming from War Machine / Master Architect, and the classes with rapid ultimate generation (like nightblade) will be at great advantage, even greater than they have now. I'd rather be cautious with boosting the set so much.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on August 8, 2018 1:58PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Berserk at all times for a werewolf would be insane. We already had werewolves doing huge light attack parses. This would make them god mode strong. And in PVP, they would be insane.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twenty five seconds of Major Berserk on ultimate use is hefty. Then, ten seconds of Major Slayer coming from War Machine / Master Architect, and the classes with rapid ultimate generation (like nightblade) will be at great advantage, even greater than they have now. I'd rather be cautious with boosting the set so much.

I’ll be sure to keep that in mind (Hence the 1 Minute Cooldown, may have to increase the cooldown timer.)
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Major Berserk at all times for a werewolf would be insane. We already had werewolves doing huge light attack parses. This would make them god mode strong. And in PVP, they would be insane.

Do bear in mind that the amount of bonus damage from the Bloodmoon set was reduced down from 50% to 30%, moreover, having major berserk at all times while in wolf form (PVP wise) could allow better DPS/Tanking Hybridability but dually remember the werewolf’s weakness to poison, but otherwise, I can see a point. (May have to consider upping the amount of ultimate required for each additional second.)
    Edited by Skullstachio on August 8, 2018 2:22PM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be more than 1 minute cooldown, since it would take about 2 1/2 minutes for most builds to generate 500 ultimate.

I like your Major Berserk idea. It would have to be tuned to be balanced with Slimecraw. With Slimecraw being better for average damage over a long time and Balorgh better for burst or if you already have the Minor Berserk buff. Since Minor gives 8% damage and Major gives 25%, I would recommend tuning Balorgh to about 25% uptime for typical ulti gen builds (about 3.4 ult/s). This means it would give about 6.25% on average (or 78% of Slimecraw’s magnitude).

To make this happen, the tooltip would read something like: Using an ultimate grants Major Berserk for a duration equal to 1/14 of the ultimate’s cost. For a cheap ultimate like Soul Harvest this would last 5s (about 20s cooldown), while an expensive Destruction ultimate would give 18s of Major Berserk (about 72s cooldown).
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Like*
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭
    You really want to take 8k+ surprise attack after an Incap in PvP ? :/
    Edited by Baz on August 8, 2018 11:00PM
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baz wrote: »
    You really want to take 8k+ surprise attack after an Incap in PvP ? :/

It would be an 8k Surpise Attack instead of a 6.9k Surprise Attack + a Skoria or Zaan Proc. Major Berserk only adds about 15-18% damage after other additive bonuses are applied. The user is giving up a Monster set to run Balorgh, and yes I would definitely rather have a slightly higher damage skill hit me than a proc set.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on August 9, 2018 2:54PM
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are % possibility to activate.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    #MakeWerewolvesCancerAgain

Also, you'd be locking a monster helmet up to only be usable by one particular subclass.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.