The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wizard Riptose.

TheValar85
TheValar85
✭✭✭✭✭
Wizard riptose were never over powered. So for the love of Talos leav that set alone.

And fix finaly the fear buggs, the close gaps, the wall hax, and so on. i dont understand this sick nerfing fetish around sorcerers stuffs, Why do you want to kill that class completly @ZOS? while clearly DK's are still so broken and full of unballances. And so does other builds and classes. im not goint to adress any examples you know very well what i am talking about so dont play coy.
GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know what else was not overpowered but still nerfed ?

Cfrags / streak / ball of lightning / shields / dark conversion/ mag dawnbreaker / eye of the flame / meteor / mages wrath

Won't surprise me if next in line is shield stacking and curse.

Time to re-roll nightblade / stamden.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on August 8, 2018 2:57AM
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cfrags / streak / ball of lightning / shields / dark conversion/ mag dawnbreaker / eye of the flame / meteor / mages wrath

yes i know those very well too. i can't still shake those off. And i am sick of that too. This game is getting realy close to only favour with the mele. And thats just unfair and disgusting.

shileds are broken btw, or i dont know something is not okay with those. i saw it my self i was in cyro and and i had every shileds on me and my HP is gone to zero while my buffs were still actives not just on the buff bars but also the effects were actives, including on the character sheet. so there is no way to kill some one with one hit when your buffs are on unless some one finde a way to make damage bellow of the shileds wich is clearly exploiting.
    Edited by TheValar85 on August 8, 2018 3:27AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can guarantee the likes of you won't survive 20 seconds playing as a Dk in open world. You don't even know what oblivion damage is.

I mostly love how some sorcs never want to realize their class is sitting right there with stamblades in terms of raw power, despite the existance of sloads.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 8, 2018 6:35AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the majority of the classes I fight that utilizes Wizard´s Riposte are magplar and magDK. I don´t see many sorcs running Wizard´s Riposte anymore.

Personally I use it on my magicka warden (support/healer setup) as a backbar set, and it´s ridiculous how tanky you can become with Wizard´s Riposte. I run a light armor setup and can almost face-tank an entire enemy team because of Wizard´s Riposte.

15% Damage reduction for 15 seconds is incredibly strong, and I´m surprised Wizard´s Riposte hasn´t been nerfed until now. Just because people doesn´t consider Wizard´s Riposte "meta" doesn't mean that it´s balanced.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I think the majority of the classes I fight that utilizes Wizard´s Riposte are magplar and magDK. I don´t see many sorcs running Wizard´s Riposte anymore.

Personally I use it on my magicka warden (support/healer setup) as a backbar set, and it´s ridiculous how tanky you can become with Wizard´s Riposte. I run a light armor setup and can almost face-tank an entire enemy team because of Wizard´s Riposte.

15% Damage reduction for 15 seconds is incredibly strong, and I´m surprised Wizard´s Riposte hasn´t been nerfed until now. Just because people doesn´t consider Wizard´s Riposte "meta" doesn't mean that it´s balanced.

Its also a debuff. It reduces damage for your entire group, not just yourself.Riposte is almost a crutch for bad teams to be extremely tanky.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 8, 2018 5:55AM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have gone with a version of the Protection buff on it. That way it would make the wearer more tanky but not his entire group.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    They should have gone with a version of the Protection buff on it. That way it would make the wearer more tanky but not his entire group.

minor protection? sure. Major protection would be overkill though. I'm mostly angered by the fact that it debuffs people.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 8, 2018 6:31AM
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

Perhaps, but that might hurt many who already apply this effect through various abilities. A totally different buff could work though, like a certain number relative to the quality of the armor.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh. I liked riposte before upcoming nerf. Will have to see how good it is after new patch goes live.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15% damage reduction is comparable to almost 10k resistances. It can't be penetrated, it stacks with caped armour rating, minor and major protection, works with shields and even more causes your whole group (if they attack the wearer) to deal less damage so it protects whole group not only the wearer. Saying that 15s of such debuff is perfectly ok is just bad. This is still very powerful set when slotted on both bars will still have 100% up time, but at least the ones that just hit a wearer by a coincidence won't suffer as much as they used to.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can guarantee the likes of you won't survive 20 seconds playing as a Dk in open world. You don't even know what oblivion damage is.

I mostly love how some sorcs never want to realize their class is sitting right there with stamblades in terms of raw power, despite the existance of sloads.

cos you DK's are too over powered and i know god dam well about oblivion damage, i would liek to see you in the same shoe like sorceres in it too, your skills nerfed to teh grounds, and your defensive setes will nerfed to to hell, i would realy love to see your reaction for that when your class is completly destroyed cos of the qq of your class nerfs. wich lets face it it should be time to nerf DK's down to hell.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    wich lets face it it should be time to nerf DK's down to hell.

Bit too late for that. Not sure about PvP, but from PvE DD standpoint (mentioned it elsewhere) the only way to drive DKs deeper into the ground by now is to nerf emotes.

I frankly feel a sort of resignation when I listen to all the nerf calls on forums made by people playing PvP, and hardly any call accompanied by some analysis on how it'll impact PvE. And it seems that ZOS is mostly listening to those, leaving PvE balance on backburner (e-e-e-eh, players will figure something out).
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove all these stupid debuff sets that require you to do nothing. ruins the gameplay with mindless debuffing sets. use a skill to do it not have gear carry you
    Edited by Nifty2g on August 8, 2018 2:40PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wizard riptose were never over powered. So for the love of Talos leav that set alone.

And fix finaly the fear buggs, the close gaps, the wall hax, and so on. i dont understand this sick nerfing fetish around sorcerers stuffs, Why do you want to kill that class completly @ZOS? while clearly DK's are still so broken and full of unballances. And so does other builds and classes. im not goint to adress any examples you know very well what i am talking about so dont play coy.

LOL DK's wings cost a lot, dont reflect FP/CS, we dont have execute LOL
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hixtory wrote: »

LOL DK's wings cost a lot, dont reflect FP/CS, we dont have execute LOL

oh realy? then tell me how is that posible to keep it up constantly and dont tell me thats not posible cos i have seen it and not just me alot of people are complaining about that in cyrodiil. Way more then you can imaganie.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Its not really 15% though. Due to how damage mitigations work (Hardy, Thick Skinned, Elemental Defender, Major/minor Protection, etc) Wizard's Riposte only ends up giving 10% or so damage mitigation due to diminishing returns. Their are better mitigation sets out their to run, and always has been. Riposte was really only good for helping damage shields scale a bit better against more then one target. Riposte won't save anyone against a proper build in most cases, and Riposte also was quite a sacrifice in damage or sustain from other sets to run.

I already replaced Wizard Riposte and won't be effected by this change, but its a shame its been turned into naother set to be deconned.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, go on.
    You would happy to meet unkillable Sorcs.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm, multiple things you listed were overpowered and nerfed because of it...

unless you thought Streak/Ball of Lightning was perfectly fine when a sorc could do it 20 times in a row?

• TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Umm, multiple things you listed were overpowered and nerfed because of it...

unless you thought Streak/Ball of Lightning was perfectly fine when a sorc could do it 20 times in a row?

and do you think dodge rolling and reflecting 20 times in the row is perfectly fine? and the broken fear too? that you cant dodge nor breaing out of it? or perhaps the one hitt killing leaps? oh wait or perhaps from a mele the heavy atack from range? (and i am not talking about Litle ranges i am talking about realy big distances) hm? you think those are perfectly fine? yet those werent even looked into it while still happens all the time. Do you want me to continue the list? i would gladly do it but i highly doupt any one would read it and even care about those issues, cos they are very well exsiting issues. None of those skills were over powered what was listed above in that comment. You know whats the T? meles cant play and tehy keep qq about their god mod is ruined in the game. thats The Truth.
    Edited by TheValar85 on August 9, 2018 2:56AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not really 15% though. Due to how damage mitigations work (Hardy, Thick Skinned, Elemental Defender, Major/minor Protection, etc) Wizard's Riposte only ends up giving 10% or so damage mitigation due to diminishing returns. Their are better mitigation sets out their to run, and always has been. Riposte was really only good for helping damage shields scale a bit better against more then one target. Riposte won't save anyone against a proper build in most cases, and Riposte also was quite a sacrifice in damage or sustain from other sets to run.

I already replaced Wizard Riposte and won't be effected by this change, but its a shame its been turned into naother set to be deconned.

The strong thing about Riposte (whether it give 10 or 15% damage reduction) is that you can basically debuff an entire enemy team with it, making wizard´s riposte one of the best support sets in the game. So indirectly you increase the survivability of your own team be debuffing the entire enemy team. In solo situations Wizard´s Riposte isn´t a great set unless you run a pure debuff build.

• Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭
    The other thing is, Minor Maim is a pretty "common" debuff these days :
    DK Talons, NB Shadow Image, Thurvokun, Heroic Slash, Frost glyph, NB Fear, and I probably forgot some.

To me, just revert the proc chance to any type of crit damage like before (and keep 5sec) OR buff the duration to like 7/8sec would be a fair change if we don't wanna re-enter to a heavy meta.
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

cos you DK's are too over powered and i know god dam well about oblivion damage, i would liek to see you in the same shoe like sorceres in it too, your skills nerfed to teh grounds, and your defensive setes will nerfed to to hell, i would realy love to see your reaction for that when your class is completly destroyed cos of the qq of your class nerfs. wich lets face it it should be time to nerf DK's down to hell.

I take it back. You won't survive 5 seconds.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

this is the type of player zenimax listens to when making balance decisions so pretty sure he is not trolling. Thats their target audience.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on August 9, 2018 3:35PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

So you both would say a Sorc is the favorite against a mDK in a 1v1? I doubt that.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on August 9, 2018 3:35PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The strong thing about Riposte (whether it give 10 or 15% damage reduction) is that you can basically debuff an entire enemy team with it, making wizard´s riposte one of the best support sets in the game. So indirectly you increase the survivability of your own team be debuffing the entire enemy team. In solo situations Wizard´s Riposte isn´t a great set unless you run a pure debuff build.

So they couldnt change it without ruining it? What if the debuff only applied to one attacker, what if the duration was 8 seconds instead of 5?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Let me guess, someone reflected your frags?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

This game is not supposed to be balanced based on 1v1s. Zenimax rebalanced stamDk without listening to stamDks but the oh so experienced duelists and bunch of newbies , as result they broke the class.

So now that stamDK is out of picture, the same noob audience wants magDK out of the picture. Because your hyper mobile stamblade/magsorc should totally be able to duke it out with a magDk and win.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on August 9, 2018 3:36PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

I wasn’t talking about stamDK. I was talking about that a Sorc can very well experience a magDK as being OP because the toolkit is a counter. Nothing more - nothing less. I didn’t advocate for DK nerfs. I fondly remember their glory days even when I was on the receiving end so often. It was simply epic.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

You know a sorc and a MDK 1v1 is pretty balanced.

Wings counters frags and LAs, harness+mines counters melee and gives mag return. It ends up as a stalemate for OW builds.

If its a duel, the rules are up to you though, so you could either ban both them, or you could switch to builds using ele wall and pets and its in the favor of the sorc, or the DK could do similar to force the sorc out of mines.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]
    So now that stamDK is out of picture, the same noob audience wants magDK out of the picture.[/quote]

I wasn’t talking about stamDK. I was talking about that a Sorc can very well experience a magDK as being OP because the toolkit is a counter. Nothing more - nothing less. I didn’t advocate for DK nerfs. I fondly remember their glory days even when I was on the receiving end so often. It was simply epic. [/quote]

Well magsorc's toolkit is a counter to stamDks. You don't see me crying for magsorc nerfs because I don't enjoy fighting a magsorc that shield-atro-mine spam for non stop 30 minutes without any sustain issues. I simply move away and don't 1v1 them.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on August 9, 2018 3:37PM
This discussion has been closed.