The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.3 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

So lets just go ahead and get this out here, ZOS you realize Healing is going to be op right?

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There is a reason you guys buffed Defile in the first place, because Healing was getting out of hand...Its far more powerful now..

When you end up doing your final pass on I assume the Defile sets know that you're going to have to take a bat to healing (esp all the passive healing you can get) next patch.

• Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defile is still strong and the sets need to have some type of cooldown. 100% uptime is way to strong .

I dont get your point tbh.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Defile is still strong and the sets need to have some type of cooldown. 100% uptime is way to strong .

Don’t worry you will.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Don’t worry you will.

My impression was that one reason the full Defile rework was delayed until U20 is that they need time to figure out how to balance healing. They also seem to have taken to heart the feedback that healers feel redundant in PVE group content. There are going to be some healing changes to go along with the Defile changes.

Remember, the devs play nightblades, there's no way they're going to let healing become supremely powerful.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Don’t worry you will.

My impression was that one reason the full Defile rework was delayed until U20 is that they need time to figure out how to balance healing. They also seem to have taken to heart the feedback that healers feel redundant in PVE group content. There are going to be some healing changes to go along with the Defile changes.

Remember, the devs play nightblades, there's no way they're going to let healing become supremely powerful.

Umm nightblades is currently one of the classes that benefit a crap ton on healing being powerful.

You realize how stupid nightblades are going to be next patch?
    Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the patch is deployed on live, players will be complaining about healers, tanks, and organized groups of players who will almost never die. They decreased the window if time for the effect while not addressing how healing scales in relation to spell/weapon damage and resource pool size. For my tank it means players will have four seconds to generate 90k damage in one on one situations or they will never be able to defeat it. My tank has 15,200 healing in a five second window just using two skills that number is after battlespirt. And doesn’t include potions, when it is buffed or if I use the class healing ultimate. “No one person should have all that power.” But if they insist on buffing my tankblade even more, ok I guess.
    Edited by umagon on August 3, 2018 12:17PM
    Options
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    When the patch is deployed on live, players will be complaining about healers, tanks, and organized groups of players who will almost never die. They decreased the window if time for the effect while not addressing how healing scales in relation to spell/weapon damage and resource pool size. For my tank it means players will have four seconds to generate 90k damage in one on one situations or they will never be able to defeat it. My tank has 15,200 healing in a five second window just using two skills that number is after battlespirt. And doesn’t include potions, when it is buffed or if I use the class healing ultimate. “No one person should have all that power.” But if they insist on buffing my tankblade even more, ok I guess.

Plus they're fixing the minor protection buff you get from Dark Cloak lol
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is all this awesome healing y'all are talking about? My Mag Sorc doesn't have jack except for the Resto Ult!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is all this awesome healing y'all are talking about? My Mag Sorc doesn't have jack except for the Resto Ult!

Twilight, Dark Exchange, Crit Surge.
    Options
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

To be fair, all of those skills have really crappy caveats that don't work well with sorc's general playstyle. Vigor and Rally are far superior heals, as are most other magicka heals. That being said, I don't want sorcs to have a good heal, else they'll be pretty much unbeatable.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You have 3 overpowered shields that you spam. Healing Ward is the most broken heal in the game. It’s not affected by defile or anything. Sorcs are ez mode because you can have .0000000000000001% health and just hit healing Ward, harness, and hardened Ward and boom you have 30k shields and all your health is safely returned since healing Ward is under those 2 broken ass shields. Sorc’s have the best survivability due to the fact that they’re unaffected by defile. So I have no idea why you’re even complaining about the easiest class to play in the game.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Don’t worry you will.

Umm nightblades is currently one of the classes that benefit a crap ton on healing being powerful.

You realize how stupid nightblades are going to be next patch?

They already are.
    Options
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

You have 3 overpowered shields that you spam. Healing Ward is the most broken heal in the game. It’s not affected by defile or anything. Sorcs are ez mode because you can have .0000000000000001% health and just hit healing Ward, harness, and hardened Ward and boom you have 30k shields and all your health is safely returned since healing Ward is under those 2 broken ass shields. Sorc’s have the best survivability due to the fact that they’re unaffected by defile. So I have no idea why you’re even complaining about the easiest class to play in the game.

So much wrong @frostz417 it requires itemized correction.

1. "You have 3 overpowered shields that you spam."

Everyone has access to 2/3 of said shields, spamming them = oom, and they're the worst-scaling defense mechanic in the game.

2." Healing Ward is the most broken heal in the game. It’s not affected by defile or anything."

False. The size of the ward is not affected but the resulting heal is.

3. "hit healing Ward, harness, and hardened Ward and boom you have 30k shields and all your health is safely returned since healing Ward is under those 2 broken ass shields. "

False. In your described scenario all damage done would hit the Healing Ward. The first shield to be cast is the one that takes damage, regardless of any shields applied thereafter.

4." Sorc’s have the best survivability due to the fact that they’re unaffected by defile"

Just lol. Cloak is miles ahead of shields in terms of survivability and escapability. Dodge roll as a defense scales with multiple attackers, shields does not.

5. "So I have no idea why you’re even complaining about the easiest class to play in the game."

2f7zqk.gif
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Everyone has access to 2/3 of said shields, spamming them = oom, and they're the worst-scaling defense mechanic in the game.

2." Healing Ward is the most broken heal in the game. It’s not affected by defile or anything."

3. "hit healing Ward, harness, and hardened Ward and boom you have 30k shields and all your health is safely returned since healing Ward is under those 2 broken ass shields. "

False. In your described scenario all damage done would hit the Healing Ward. The first shield to be cast is the one that takes damage, regardless of any shields applied thereafter.

4." Sorc’s have the best survivability due to the fact that they’re unaffected by defile"

Just lol. Cloak is miles ahead of shields in terms of survivability and escapability. Dodge roll as a defense scales with multiple attackers, shields does not.

5. "So I have no idea why you’re even complaining about the easiest class to play in the game."

2f7zqk.gif

Firstly, I don’t know where you got that sorcs have the worst survivability due to shields having the worst mechanic, but all I can do is laugh at your ignorance. Sure other classes have 2/3 shields. But you do realize that hardened Ward is far stronger than harness magica. So you getting a massive extra shield is plenty and voids your “every other class gets 2/3 shields” bs comment because no other class will have as strong as shields as sorcs will. The closest you can get is a magblade with necro and dampen magica which isn’t even close. Cloak isn’t miles ahead because there are so many abilities that take Nb’s Out of cloak and only plebs don’t know how to counter cloak. Detect pots, mage light, AOE abilities, expert hunter, revealing flare. Etc etc. Cloak is easily countered. Only way to counter shield stacking is oblivion damage, which isn’t reliable enough. Please tell me how you’re going to counter a sorc who has .00001 percent health then slaps on their 3 shields which is about another 30k health that doesn’t take crit damage and isn’t affected by penetration, other than oblivion damage. “Hurrr durrr do more damage” yes against 30k non crit/penetration shields and the sorc can just spam streak away and be gone from the fight instantly. You clearly don’t know PvP mechanics so gg on your part.
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2f7zqk.gif

Firstly, I don’t know where you got that sorcs have the worst survivability due to shields having the worst mechanic, but all I can do is laugh at your ignorance. Sure other classes have 2/3 shields. But you do realize that hardened Ward is far stronger than harness magica. So you getting a massive extra shield is plenty and voids your “every other class gets 2/3 shields” bs comment because no other class will have as strong as shields as sorcs will. The closest you can get is a magblade with necro and dampen magica which isn’t even close. Cloak isn’t miles ahead because there are so many abilities that take Nb’s Out of cloak and only plebs don’t know how to counter cloak. Detect pots, mage light, AOE abilities, expert hunter, revealing flare. Etc etc. Cloak is easily countered. Only way to counter shield stacking is oblivion damage, which isn’t reliable enough. Please tell me how you’re going to counter a sorc who has .00001 percent health then slaps on their 3 shields which is about another 30k health that doesn’t take crit damage and isn’t affected by penetration, other than oblivion damage. “Hurrr durrr do more damage” yes against 30k non crit/penetration shields and the sorc can just spam streak away and be gone from the fight instantly. You clearly don’t know PvP mechanics so gg on your part.

You’re *** and should feel bad.
    Go play every class (duel/bg/cp/no cp/solo/group) then come back.

You’ll see where classes shine and endure their pain points as well.
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You realize siege will be op right. Gl healing through that as it’s already brutal af currently. (Scattershot + meatbag)

Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how people talk about healing being OP... perhaps for MAGICKA classes... but Stamina classes are no where near being OP in healing. So if they're going to nerf healing, they best figure out a way to BUFF Stamina healing- particularly SELF-HEALING. Remember people, the majority player in this game are SOLO players and we rely on self-healing... so any nerf to healing dramatically impacts solo players. So ZOS needs to keep that in mind as well when making any adjustment to healing.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OP said "awesome healing" none of those count
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

OP said "awesome healing" none of those count

DE is awesome for some people, or was about two years ago:

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome since it’s difficult to do." - Wrobel
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Oblivion Damage laughs very hard at shields
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't see what is being talked about at all. In fact, I think defile is getting another fantastic set. Durock's wasn't changed since it still applies every second when you take damage. Defile is still extremely strong and now with the siege buff meat bags are more dangerous. Remember on siege you can mit the damage but not the debuff. Now the real question which I probably tested a long time ago and have forgotten is this; does befoul CP affect your meatbag defile? If this is the case well there's a massive amount of defile that can be concentrated in one area. Just remember defile functions with diminishing returns so you can never fully remove all healing, although defile with a good Borrowed Time will do the trick. My concern and my biggest question right now is this: When a negative effect like defile is on a player who uses "cleanse" to purge the negative, does the purge happen first removing defile and then healing for x% of max health or does the heal get defiled then the debuff removed. This is a question of functionality where the tool tip reads if a negative effect is removed then the player is healed by x% of their health. I've never tested this but under the circumstances it should be i think at least explored.
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

twilight is actually terrible along with dark exchange, if someone is using twilight in pvp their doing something wrong. the cast time on dark exchange makes it useless in combat

surge is great in pve but in pvp there no way to use it for the heal effectively
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then boom someone hits you with sloads/ shield breaker/ or a dozen other ways to proc oblivion damage and you're dead. Terrible argument. Shield scaling is pathetic compared to damage scaling, yet everyone still complains about it. Also healing ward is only powerful if your opponent is terrible at pressuring you.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on August 3, 2018 7:50PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

we have 2 shields, healing ward is a joke as a shield, those shields are only 8k so 16k together, cant be cast while attacking, cant be cast while stunned. sorcs also have an average of 15-16k health and 8k resist. Healing ward also requires slotting a resto when you arnt a healer making your entire back bars useless

If you have a problem with shields I suggest you learn how to stun
    Options
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Yeah I don't see what is being talked about at all. In fact, I think defile is getting another fantastic set. Durock's wasn't changed since it still applies every second when you take damage. Defile is still extremely strong and now with the siege buff meat bags are more dangerous. Remember on siege you can mit the damage but not the debuff. Now the real question which I probably tested a long time ago and have forgotten is this; does befoul CP affect your meatbag defile? If this is the case well there's a massive amount of defile that can be concentrated in one area. Just remember defile functions with diminishing returns so you can never fully remove all healing, although defile with a good Borrowed Time will do the trick. My concern and my biggest question right now is this: When a negative effect like defile is on a player who uses "cleanse" to purge the negative, does the purge happen first removing defile and then healing for x% of max health or does the heal get defiled then the debuff removed. This is a question of functionality where the tool tip reads if a negative effect is removed then the player is healed by x% of their health. I've never tested this but under the circumstances it should be i think at least explored.

Yes befoul CP affects meatbag
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »

2f7zqk.gif

Magsorcs by far. If you can't see that then you're willfully ignorant.
    Options
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain what this thread is about? I dont get it. Some changes to defile and/or healing?
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »

2f7zqk.gif

Magsorcs by far. If you can't see that then you're willfully ignorant.

says the guy who wanted to nerf shields and proposed a solution that would make them more broken than they have ever been.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Funny how people talk about healing being OP... perhaps for MAGICKA classes... but Stamina classes are no where near being OP in healing. So if they're going to nerf healing, they best figure out a way to BUFF Stamina healing- particularly SELF-HEALING. Remember people, the majority player in this game are SOLO players and we rely on self-healing... so any nerf to healing dramatically impacts solo players. So ZOS needs to keep that in mind as well when making any adjustment to healing.

Stamina Nightblades and Sorcs have insane healing right now if built for it.

Take Stamina Sorcs

Slap on Forward Momentum, Crit Surge, Troll Kings, Seventh Legion (Or really any dps sets) and run a Heal Regen Pot.

you're not killing that without a stupid amount of dps or defile..

Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

we have 2 shields, healing ward is a joke as a shield, those shields are only 8k so 16k together, cant be cast while attacking, cant be cast while stunned. sorcs also have an average of 15-16k health and 8k resist. Healing ward also requires slotting a resto when you arnt a healer making your entire back bars useless

If you have a problem with shields I suggest you learn how to stun

IF you’re not slotting a resto on a magsorc in PvP then you shouldn’t even be in this thread.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Stamina Nightblades and Sorcs have insane healing right now if built for it.

Take Stamina Sorcs

Slap on Forward Momentum, Crit Surge, Troll Kings, Seventh Legion (Or really any dps sets) and run a Heal Regen Pot.

you're not killing that without a stupid amount of dps or defile..

All stamina classes have insane healing when built for it. Thats because every single thing you just posted there besides surge (which other classes can replace with something else) is available to everyone.

Thats not a reason to have defile at such a poor state to the point where its hurting more actually balanced builds instead of those OP healing builds.
    Options