The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcgrounds

• gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Currently magsorcs are ruining BGs, but as @Chilly-McFreeze has stated both RC, and Mage's Fury are getting nerfed next update so I would suggest to calm down, and reevaluate the situation next update.

I confess the most balanced and fun games are the ones without mag sorcs involved.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze its not about scoring. It's about the second you reach 25% health, you're instantly dead from some sorc spamming endless fury/mages wrath. Not talking about NBs here. And honestly I dont see NBs as too much of an issue now that they changed incapable for next update. I'd like to see endless fury be reflectable to be honest.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    @Chilly-McFreeze its not about scoring. It's about the second you reach 25% health, you're instantly dead from some sorc spamming endless fury/mages wrath. Not talking about NBs here. And honestly I dont see NBs as too much of an issue now that they changed incapable for next update. I'd like to see endless fury be reflectable to be honest.

It's 20% and truthfully Mage's Fury is fine as long as sorcs don't have an undodgeable/unblockable CC since their burst is delayed, and the only thing that makes this balanced is the fact that you can react to it. RC made Sorcs OP, and the change they're doing to it is going to help make them more balanced next update in terms of their offense capabilities.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I will say this, Mage's Fury is unbalanced in the context of BGs due to how easy it is to kill steal. I really would like them to make it so whoever causes Mage's Fury to proc gets credit for the kill.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO SORC OR GO CRY
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GO SORC OR GO CRY

Not for much longer...better enjoy it while it lasts..
    :D
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hop into a few matches yourself and count em up. For official stats no I don't have any. I am sure ZOS does but they will never release that info it will show all the class disparities then they would have some explaining to do.

I have hopped in many, many matches and I do not see BG's being overrun by sorcs. I encounter just as many templars and NB's as I do sorcs. Probably more NB's than sorcs to be honest, that I myself have noticed.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    sorc executes are annoying, but I don't think that alone is what makes them broken, not even rune cage...

I personally think their high damage associate with shields and range is the major issue here, not rune cage or executes.

they are not just Kill stealing, they are also doing the most damage most of the games. if they were just stealing, fine... but they also have mos tdamage most of the time.

too much dmg from range and too much shielding. I personally think it is an issue that SHIELDS get scaled off their offensive stats, which in turn makes them pretty tanky even going raw damage builds, where a meele class to get resistances pretty much has to give up a lot of damage to do so.

don't tell me vigor/rally scales of offensive stats too because it is not the same being hit directly on your hp bar rather than on a temporary hp bar.
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    also, I have the feeling once rune cage is done we gonna see the overload heroes using role playing sith lords in bgs. not fun being hit by 7k overload attacks on a DK holding block on a SnB bar.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also, I have the feeling once rune cage is done we gonna see the overload heroes using role playing sith lords in bgs. not fun being hit by 7k overload attacks on a DK holding block on a SnB bar.

7k through SnB block is at the very very most modest numbers and I mean I'm thinking things like you have 0 resistance and it was a crit with you having like 0 impen is approximately a 47k Tooltip. And in a much more realistic sense, 60k.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭

7k through SnB block is at the very very most modest numbers and I mean I'm thinking things like you have 0 resistance and it was a crit with you having like 0 impen is approximately a 47k Tooltip. And in a much more realistic sense, 60k.

ok I guess I was exhagerated. but I did get hit by raw 17~18k overloads on a fortifiedbrass/impreg before. also, did hit by 5k through block before on that same skill, on a sword and board.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    don't tell me vigor/rally scales of offensive stats too because it is not the same being hit directly on your hp bar rather than on a temporary hp bar.

See, that is where you take the wrong turn. It's not the same, right BUT why should everything be the same? There are pros and cons to every defense out there.

Shields act like a second layer HP but 10k shields doesn't equal 10k hp bc shields have 0 resistance, and also have no crit chance and consume a lot of GCDs.
    Vigor and HOTs can be used in advanced so you have more GCDs in a row, plus they can crit but also defiled.

Dodge scales best when outnumbered but is prone to undodgeable abilities.
    Block works well also against CCs & undodgeables but can seriously burn your stam.
    Cloak works similar to dodge.

First two get stronger with bigger stats. The others can be used more often but don't get stronger.

You see shields aren't just advantages. Also, you realize that going full max mag to increase shields means you invest less things in e.g. spell damage, mag regen, stam stuff etc.

And if you can't count to 3 after you see that purple glow with the distinct sound on you to initiate burst avoidance it's on you. At least once Rune Cage becomes counterable. That this skill is unbalanced right now is well known but it's only a few days until times get better.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 11, 2018 7:00AM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Apparently the new bs is sorcs wearing sloads. Just faced off against a team with two sorcs. Both wearing sloads.
    What's sad is that these players probably think they have some sort of skill...playing the easiest class wearing the most cheesy set ever made.
    And before you say sorc isn't easy, check out Mystick Ravens video where he goes 18k/3d on a sorc. Dude is a average at best PvP streamer, yet he goes in and slayed on a sorc.
    Add sloads on top of the best battlegrounds class...overkill. Takes zero talent.
    If you are on a sorc running sloads, just know you're bad.

https://youtu.be/Hzj5dmoQSYo

Magsorcs running Sload's are the absolute most detestable players in PvP right now. Not even Snipe spammers or the Morrowind procblades made me remotely as disgusted. And I'm saying this as someone who mained Sorc for the last two patches.

It doesn't help that the majority of the ones who do pair it with Skoria. Sload's procs Skoria procs Burning procs Sload's, ad infinitum.

And getting that first Sload proc is probably the easiest on Magsorc of all specs, as Force Pulse comprises 3x instances of damage, for maximal proc chance at the press of one button.

One button-press... that starts a chain reaction sufficient to get most builds below 60% HP in a matter of seconds. On a class with enough burst to delete most builds at 70-80% without counterplay. Wonderful.

Now this may be entirely confirmation bias on my part... but the same players running these builds have always struck me as the most arrogant and unabashed when called-out for it. You can actually feel the belief that they're running on pure skill oozing off them.

Wolfhunter couldn't come soon enough, even if means my own Sorc won't be nearly as dominant any more.

PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    IDK MAN. even running a very tanky build and still getting hit by 3~4k haunting curse hits in fortified brass is frustrating, adding up their other ***.

not to mention their stuff go through corrosive armor also.

today the BG day was legit aids. multiple sorcs running sloads.

guess what even if you run sloads you mostly likely gonna lose. while their ***+ sloads hit your hp bar, their shield eat your damage and they only hav ewto heal through sloads nothing else. fair game.

I don't think rune cage nerf is going to fix the game

I still think the issue is a ranged class having too m any executes and damages while being so mobile and safe behind shields.
    it is dumb that their shield get so powerful by just going damage builds. don't tell me it is the same with vigor. it is a huge difference in being hit directly on your hp or on a temporary hp bar. also, we really are the only ones really affected by major defiles.

not to mention a team of sorcs, and they can even resto ulti themselves, which basically even makes a healer not necessary.

I am legit disgusted by this game right now, while playing a class that is negated by healers and have no burst out of ultimate/weapon ability.
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    and I doubt the sload nerf is going to be enough. no way you will be able to dodge it every single time in bgs in team fights, or even in duels. dodging cost stamina.

the set does too much unmitigated damage. no other proc set does even close to same damage (dot sets), and even stronger sets always have a decent condition to apply damage.

I am honestly getting tired. I was having hoppes, but it feels like this next patch is just gonna trade one aids for another. and I think sorcs are still going to be on top, and we gonna see more overload sith sorcs around hitting ppl by 15k light attacks.

and if they take 6 months to apply balance patches, I think I am out. no way I am waiting another 6 months for a balance patch jsut to see IF the game will get better. I am close to quit this game...
  • Bregilad
    Bregilad
    sorc executes are annoying, but I don't think that alone is what makes them broken, not even rune cage...

I personally think their high damage associate with shields and range is the major issue here, not rune cage or executes.

I agree with this partly. I think Runecage lasts way too long for BGs and shouldn't do any damage. I also agree that it isn't what makes Magsorc OP--it IS what makes them annoying though. I play my Magsorc every day for BGs and it is very OP, unless I'm lagging or up against another cancer build, like two Stamblades sporting a cancer-bow setup.

This situation has made me enjoy my Magblade much more as it requires far more skill to do well (at least for me...).

Magsorcs can do all their killing on one bar... the back bar is for Surge, Bolt-escape and some HoT.

But then again... this whole PvP is broken. Proc sets shouldn't be in it. Sloads shouldn't exist. Stamtoons shouldn't have Poison injection hit for 6k on an instant skill that hits for 12k when you're below 50% health (yes I have full impen). Stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun.... that's PvP... get stunned folks...

Someone else said it, most people don't mind dying to skill of some sort. It's when you're not having any fun that it makes it a horrid experience. Skill plus cancer builds makes for a very trying experience for people like me who know enough about PvP to not always be a scrub... but not enough to want to keep at it to get better, making BGs a better place to be.
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    Bregilad wrote: »

I agree with this partly. I think Runecage lasts way too long for BGs and shouldn't do any damage. I also agree that it isn't what makes Magsorc OP--it IS what makes them annoying though. I play my Magsorc every day for BGs and it is very OP, unless I'm lagging or up against another cancer build, like two Stamblades sporting a cancer-bow setup.

This situation has made me enjoy my Magblade much more as it requires far more skill to do well (at least for me...).

Magsorcs can do all their killing on one bar... the back bar is for Surge, Bolt-escape and some HoT.

But then again... this whole PvP is broken. Proc sets shouldn't be in it. Sloads shouldn't exist. Stamtoons shouldn't have Poison injection hit for 6k on an instant skill that hits for 12k when you're below 50% health (yes I have full impen). Stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun.... that's PvP... get stunned folks...

Someone else said it, most people don't mind dying to skill of some sort. It's when you're not having any fun that it makes it a horrid experience. Skill plus cancer builds makes for a very trying experience for people like me who know enough about PvP to not always be a scrub... but not enough to want to keep at it to get better, making BGs a better place to be.

Yeah. I had a great friend that played the game longer than me, and he said to not have my hopes high for changes that this has always been like that. when it is not osmething it is something else. he is even taking a break from the game because of how sorcs are dominating the game.

I am not sure if I am getting oldor what, but I don't have the same patientience I had for companies to fix or balance their game. maybe that is why mmos in general are getting less and less attractive while BR games are dominating everything.

I honestly shouldn't last in this game much longer if the next patch shows to be just as cancer as it is now. I won't have the patience to deal with another 6 months of broken balance and this time with sorcs farming ultimates before the gamr starts on the new set with that poison spell damage set that will just make them even more broken.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From experience so far, most players are stamina based. Lots of night blades in the mix.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Bregilad
    Bregilad
    Yeah. I had a great friend that played the game longer than me, and he said to not have my hopes high for changes that this has always been like that. when it is not osmething it is something else. he is even taking a break from the game because of how sorcs are dominating the game.

I am not sure if I am getting oldor what, but I don't have the same patientience I had for companies to fix or balance their game. maybe that is why mmos in general are getting less and less attractive while BR games are dominating everything.

I honestly shouldn't last in this game much longer if the next patch shows to be just as cancer as it is now. I won't have the patience to deal with another 6 months of broken balance and this time with sorcs farming ultimates before the gamr starts on the new set with that poison spell damage set that will just make them even more broken.

I can honestly say the horrible PvP and the realization that it will never change enough to be fun will make me go back to my other MMO immediately. FFXIV has no lag for me at all, lots of fun in dungeons and I don't have to do everything all over again on each of my toons (no 10 characters to get skyshards for, make gold gear for etc.), and crafting is just way more fun... Then when I'm in FFXIV, I miss the type of open world ESO offers, the story that has way more interesting plotlines and characters, and the PvP though broken, is miles ahead of FFXIV. So each MMO has a good portion of what I like. Thing is... FFXIV has NEVER ticked me off. ESO constantly ticks me off, if it isn't lag spikes, it's cancer builds, or bar swap not working due to variations in connection etc. I am going on a break this week, lol. Maybe logging in for the free stuff, but that's about it.
    phairdon wrote: »
    From experience so far, most players are stamina based. Lots of night blades in the mix.
    I also agree that there are quite a few stamblades. I have never had a full team of Magsorcs, DKs, templars--though I am sure that is possible--but it is not uncommon to have a full team of nightblades, mostly stamina based. As I main a Magblade, I see this happening a couple times a week. I think there is a good representation of classes in BGs and that there are many competent players in their respective classes. I only mind dying to cancer builds, lol. Magsorcs running Sloads is just ridiculous. Going against two stamblades head to head who know what they are doing is also very cancerous. Stamblades have such an OP kit, though I do enjoy fighting them on my Magblade :)
    Edited by Bregilad on August 13, 2018 12:58PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they are not just Kill stealing, they are also doing the most damage most of the games. if they were just stealing, fine... but they also have mos tdamage most of the time.

too much dmg from range and too much shielding. I personally think it is an issue that SHIELDS get scaled off their offensive stats, which in turn makes them pretty tanky even going raw damage builds, where a meele class to get resistances pretty much has to give up a lot of damage to do so.

Shields melt like butter against multiple opponents though, so they're really only strong in 1v1s. Magsorcs also have no way to get rid of snares and don't have enough stamina to dodge roll regularly and stun break, so it's very easy to get stun spammed. Also with spammable gap closers, you can't get away effectively with streak half the time. Now with rune cage nerfed into uselessness, it'll be very hard for sorcs to do much at all to get pressure off themselves.
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

Shields melt like butter against multiple opponents though, so they're really only strong in 1v1s. Magsorcs also have no way to get rid of snares and don't have enough stamina to dodge roll regularly and stun break, so it's very easy to get stun spammed. Also with spammable gap closers, you can't get away effectively with streak half the time. Now with rune cage nerfed into uselessness, it'll be very hard for sorcs to do much at all to get pressure off themselves.

anyone melt like butter against multiple opponents.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOU ALL WANT MAGSORC DEAL 0 DAMAGE TO YOU? Are you insane?
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the "nerf" of rune cage revealed a much worse monster. stam sorcs. almost untargetable, tankish, super fast, a lot of damage.

what was zos thinking when they thought about swift jewery.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the "nerf" of rune cage revealed a much worse monster. stam sorcs. almost untargetable, tankish, super fast, a lot of damage.

I knew it.

I asked you last page to specify your issues with magsorcs Implosion. Since that never got an answer from you, but you continued rambling, I won't expect much from these questions:

What buffs did stamsorcs recieve in 2018? Besides that Bound Armaments doesn't take up 10% of all your non-ulti barslots anymore. And what makes them so untargetable in comparison to other stam classes?

If your answer is "none but that block passive" and "minor expedition", I want to know where your stamsorcs-so-OP statements were the better part of the year.

But honestly, I think you are simply one of the guys that like to complain about sorcs. No matter what. Typical bandwagon behaviour.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 14, 2018 10:00AM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades can cloak away, DKs are very tanky, and Templars in heavy armor can just spam some heals. If you have multiple people gap closing as a sorc, and they are somewhat competent players, you are dead in a few seconds.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades can cloak away, DKs are very tanky, and Templars in heavy armor can just spam some heals. If you have multiple people gap closing as a sorc, and they are somewhat competent players, you are dead in a few seconds.

No setup with kill potential can tank multiple competent players gapclosing it for more than a few seconds since summerset in no-cp bgs. I know it's easy to think grass is greener on the other side, but thats simply not the case in those scenarios.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Bregilad
    Bregilad

No, their build needs to be less cheesy. It needs to relate far more to the skill of the player rather than the ridiculousness of spamming autoprocs, shields and some stun.

I say this as someone who loves Magsorc and wants it to be more fun to play, rather than feeling like a newb with my auto-kill skills.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like someone needs to re-roll their stamDK main!
    PCNA

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bregilad wrote: »

No, their build needs to be less cheesy. It needs to relate far more to the skill of the player rather than the ridiculousness of spamming autoprocs, shields and some stun.

I say this as someone who loves Magsorc and wants it to be more fun to play, rather than feeling like a newb with my auto-kill skills.

Every competent sorc and their mother asked for an alternative defense to get rid of shieldstacking. But yet we are here.

BTW there are no cheesy stun options left for sorcs.
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »

Sounds like someone needs to re-roll their stamDK main!

been against you a few times. no wonder haven't seen you playing you s dk. only that SS of you.