The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcgrounds

Hoked_on_ponix
Hoked_on_ponix
✭✭✭
Are there metrics on the classes queuing into BGs? At lease on Xbox1 NA it is a solid 50%-75% sorcs in every game for the past few months. With the non nerf to rune cage I don't see it changing either. With the brainless no counter combos they can pull why not roll sorc. However it has made BGs incredibly stale and boring. Every game I have to deal with 4-6 mag sorcs smacking me with runecage meteors from max range while they steal every kill even though I do 90% of the damage.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    poor boy. one bad sorc touched him when he was a child. now he hates them.
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭

No about 6 do in one game of BGs did.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me emphasize these are stamsorcs mostly! Thanks alot Alcast!
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

why not? there is no rule that prohibits this. if you cant deal with some class its your problem.
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭

why not? there is no rule that prohibits this. if you cant deal with some class its your problem.

Something clearly isn't working when 1 class represents over 50% of a certain content would you not agree? I am not suggesting they don't allow more of one class on teams in BGs. I am suggesting that ZOS who always totes class diversity should do something to bring mag sorcs in line with other classes. Its not hapenchance that there are so many mag sorcs in BGs, it is because they are easy to play and are over performing. I never play mag sorc but I got on mine the other day and was instantly competitive. I can't say the same if I was on another class I was unfamiliar with.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are writing so confident i think you have official statistics. can we see it?
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    Hop into a few matches yourself and count em up. For official stats no I don't have any. I am sure ZOS does but they will never release that info it will show all the class disparities then they would have some explaining to do.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was there and i can say there are too many nb in bgs. sometime i am the only one visible player in my team. sorcs? i dont care about sorcs its an easy frag for me when i am on my mdk
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was there and i can say there are too many nb in bgs. sometime i am the only one visible player in my team. sorcs? i dont care about sorcs its an easy frag for me when i am on my mdk

Stam NBs were last patch. Right now they’re all hiding from the sloads. They’ll be back next patch though, stronger than ever.

Stam NBs + mag sorcs represent about 60% of BG players though.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what?
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what?

Why comment if you clearly don’t have anything useful to say. The entire point was that there’s an abundance of sorcs in bgs because of buggy rune cage and kill stealing endless fury. Throw in light attack buff as well.

As of Summerset sorcs are the most brain dead class to play in bgs followed by nbs.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Something clearly isn't working when 1 class represents over 50% of a certain content would you not agree? I am not suggesting they don't allow more of one class on teams in BGs. I am suggesting that ZOS who always totes class diversity should do something to bring mag sorcs in line with other classes. Its not hapenchance that there are so many mag sorcs in BGs, it is because they are easy to play and are over performing. I never play mag sorc but I got on mine the other day and was instantly competitive. I can't say the same if I was on another class I was unfamiliar with.

Nothing was wrong when NBs dominated, so nothing wrong now.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »

Nothing was wrong when NBs dominated, so nothing wrong now.

I don't like any meta where one class dominates. The viper selens nb proc meta was just as cheesy.
  • ganj1234
    ganj1234
    ✭✭✭
    it sucks having 4 ppl put endless fury on you, but I think it would kill gameplay if people were hindered from playing a class you wanted. some people might ONLY play as sorc
    @x.Elle_x - PC/NA DC magblade sweat and fashion extraordinaire✿ Guild: Black Fire
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll agree with the OP, it has slowly transitioned into sorcgrounds as more and more players follow the meta. I'll stick with my Stam DK but when I jump on my sorc it's very easy. I am however getting tired of fighting whole teams of sorcs and I've resisted it for a long time but guess what, IT'S SLOADING TIME BABY!
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    I'll agree with the OP, it has slowly transitioned into sorcgrounds as more and more players follow the meta. I'll stick with my Stam DK but when I jump on my sorc it's very easy. I am however getting tired of fighting whole teams of sorcs and I've resisted it for a long time but guess what, IT'S SLOADING TIME BABY!

Haha I can't blame you.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess you are talking about DM as solo que?

I still don't understand why everything thinks mag sorcs are so op in there. Only really good if your team or the enemy team sucks since you can kills from range and play out the movement from the sorc to not get killed or for kill stealing.
    I prefer my stam sorc, stam warden, heavy armor stam nb and even my mag warden over my mag sorc if i am with a good team(For a bad team mag nb or mag sorc would be my go to choice aka rang dds with awesome kiting tools). A mag sorc spamming just fury is useless as hell since you need someone else to do damage and they are normally squishy so they are unlikely to survive some ulti dumps.
    If i solo que i usually go for mag sorc first because they are squishy and i do not like them to steal my killing blows, it is just a extra mechanic for bg dm at the moment.

Sorc are the kings of domination and crazy king in my opinion and not dm.

And for ctr it anything with forward momentum is op there.

Crazy ball healbots-tanks with the right sets are the winners.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    rune cage 5 seconds delayed at breakfree and sometimes bugged to permanent 5 seconds ***, pre-execute ***, and many burst damage which can be timed at the same moment, what we could expect when it is possible.
    Bgs will be overpopulated with sorcs until at least these 2 skills will be adjusted
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what?

Why comment if you clearly don’t have anything useful to say. The entire point was that there’s an abundance of sorcs in bgs because of buggy rune cage and kill stealing endless fury. Throw in light attack buff as well.

As of Summerset sorcs are the most brain dead class to play in bgs followed by nbs.

Because that dude mains a sorc.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP* @Hoked_on_ponix ...

*Even though he is my arch nemesis and we dont get along.... lol
    Edited by Hutch679 on August 3, 2018 4:11PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganj1234 wrote: »
    it sucks having 4 ppl put endless fury on you, but I think it would kill gameplay if people were hindered from playing a class you wanted. some people might ONLY play as sorc

I agree. My only character is a sorc, and I've been playing since just after One Tamriel. Other classes are just as annoying to sorcs as sorcs are to them, and it would be quite disappointing if ZOS just went with the nerf route instead of reworking stuff properly.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »
    rune cage 5 seconds delayed at breakfree and sometimes bugged to permanent 5 seconds ***, pre-execute ***, and many burst damage which can be timed at the same moment, what we could expect when it is possible.
    Bgs will be overpopulated with sorcs until at least these 2 skills will be adjusted

It's not just rune cage, though. CC breaking in general is extremely buggy.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Stam NBs were last patch. Right now they’re all hiding from the sloads. They’ll be back next patch though, stronger than ever.

Idk about that 60%. It seems like I see nearly as many DKs atm as I do sorcs. Sorc is probably the most played BG class rn, but it definitely feels like DK is a close second.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »

Idk about that 60%. It seems like I see nearly as many DKs atm as I do sorcs. Sorc is probably the most played BG class rn, but it definitely feels like DK is a close second.

You're gonna see a bunch more dks next patch with the change to wings coming. Prepare yourself.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what?

comment what? this childish whining? mom sorc stole my frag. mom they are shooting at me while runing away and i dont know how to use gap closer. mom sorcs are op because i dont know how to kill em and they have curse, meteor, cage, frag, fury, streak, mines, shields,shields, shields. mom i created a new sorc and i was competitive on zero level mmr.
    Edited by oxygen_thief on August 3, 2018 4:47PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what?

comment what? this childish whining? mom sorc stole my frag. mom they are shooting at me while runing away and i dont know how to use gap closer. mom sorcs are op because i dont know how to kill em and they have curse, meteor, cage, frag, fury, streak, mines, shields,shields, shields. mom i created a new sorc and i was competitive on zero level mmr.

I'll put my money on @Hoked_on_ponix in a 1v1 against you. I've played against and with him. He's a solid player and I highly doubt he has issues against a single sorc. It's when you stack 4 of them... you're just being ignorant, defending sorcs, and completely missing the point he is making... typically happens in these forums where narcissists come to post comments.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    so what?

I'll put my money on @Hoked_on_ponix in a 1v1 against you. I've played against and with him. He's a solid player and I highly doubt he has issues against a single sorc. It's when you stack 4 of them... you're just being ignorant, defending sorcs, and completely missing the point he is making... typically happens in these forums where narcissists come to post comments.

its a brainless bet dude. i will lose on my main sorc and everybody will see that they are not op
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    so what?

its a brainless bet dude. i will lose on my main sorc and everybody will see that they are not op

That's a player skill issue, not a class issue.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    Let me emphasize these are stamsorcs mostly! Thanks alot Alcast!

Does this mean stamsorcs are op now?? Has it finally happened???
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like sorcs. They are usually easy to kill.

I don't like when sorcs manage to kill me with that one skill they always spam that makes a weird glowy thing happen to me. Those are bad sorcs.

I also don't like when sorcs are all invisible with that circle of wind around them. I call them tryhard sorcs and I prefer to make them die from far away.

My favourite kind of sorcs are the ones on my team, who have their auto-execute in every slot and STEAL ALL MY KILLS SASSGDGFFFFFFASADASFFFFF