The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcgrounds

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are ruining Bg, period.

I know, I have one.

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Sorcs are ruining Bg, period.

I know, I have one.

For sure.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a point in whining about RC and Wrath when ZOS already announced that Wrath and RC will become dodgeable + the latter won't do damage anymore?

Oh right, I forgot where I'm posting.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what?

Why comment if you clearly don’t have anything useful to say. The entire point was that there’s an abundance of sorcs in bgs because of buggy rune cage and kill stealing endless fury. Throw in light attack buff as well.

As of Summerset sorcs are the most brain dead class to play in bgs followed by nbs.

comment what? this childish whining? mom sorc stole my frag. mom they are shooting at me while runing away and i dont know how to use gap closer. mom sorcs are op because i dont know how to kill em and they have curse, meteor, cage, frag, fury, streak, mines, shields,shields, shields. mom i created a new sorc and i was competitive on zero level mmr.

Yeah so you didn’t have anything useful to say , didn’t even have a counter argument.

• Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a point in whining about RC and Wrath when ZOS already announced that Wrath and RC will become dodgeable + the latter won't do damage anymore?

Wrath will be dodgeable? First time hearing about that.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

Wrath will be dodgeable? First time hearing about that.

From PTS Notes 4.1.0
    yrw5x3d6yvl2.jpg

x2ezw5sr2da4.png

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Rune Prison
        • Rune Cage (morph): Decreased the damage done from this ability by approximately 20%.
    • Storm Calling
      • Mages’ Fury: Fixed an issue where dodging this ability and its morphs would still apply the execute explosion debuff to you.
      • Overload: Fixed an issue where the Heavy Attack from this ability and its morphs could not proc Weapon Enchantments or Poisons.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the new bs is sorcs wearing sloads. Just faced off against a team with two sorcs. Both wearing sloads.
    What's sad is that these players probably think they have some sort of skill...playing the easiest class wearing the most cheesy set ever made.
    And before you say sorc isn't easy, check out Mystick Ravens video where he goes 18k/3d on a sorc. Dude is a average at best PvP streamer, yet he goes in and slayed on a sorc.
    Add sloads on top of the best battlegrounds class...overkill. Takes zero talent.
    If you are on a sorc running sloads, just know you're bad.

https://youtu.be/Hzj5dmoQSYo
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Yeah so you didn’t have anything useful to say , didn’t even have a counter argument.
    its hard to say something useful in another nerf sorcs thread but i can try. nerf sorcs they are op. hope you feel better now:) oh zos can create a new class whineblade. if somebody will kill you while you are playin on this new class an automatically filled form would be sent to devs: " i was killed by %classname%. its op nerf it."
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭

*Even though he is my arch nemesis and we dont get along.... lol[/quote]

Couldn't have described our encounters any better lol
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    so what?

Why comment if you clearly don’t have anything useful to say. The entire point was that there’s an abundance of sorcs in bgs because of buggy rune cage and kill stealing endless fury. Throw in light attack buff as well.

As of Summerset sorcs are the most brain dead class to play in bgs followed by nbs.

comment what? this childish whining? mom sorc stole my frag. mom they are shooting at me while runing away and i dont know how to use gap closer. mom sorcs are op because i dont know how to kill em and they have curse, meteor, cage, frag, fury, streak, mines, shields,shields, shields. mom i created a new sorc and i was competitive on zero level mmr.

I was playing my sorc while in a premade of people with high MMRs... You have contributed nothing to the conversation other than showing how blatantly naive you are. No one likes to see a game so dominated by one play style or class.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »

nice video, its pretty nice visible that player is not expireenced at sorc, but 18:3...
    Edited by Anethum on August 4, 2018 12:02AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*Even though he is my arch nemesis and we dont get along.... lol

Couldn't have described our encounters any better lol[/quote]

It's still all love ;) I think you're a good player. Its pvp. People get salty when they lose. I've taken a few licks. Ive sent a few out. It's all in fun bro
    Edited by Hutch679 on August 4, 2018 1:12AM
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's still all love ;) I think you're a good player. Its pvp. People get salty when they lose. I've taken a few licks. Ive sent a few out. It's all in fun bro

People get salty when not enjoy, not when lose.
    There is a huge difference.
    Absolutly not everyone enjoy to win only, but a process,competition, build creation, balanced fights.
    Sometimes when don't understand why they lose and that is l2p issue.
    But when understand, and lose because of the broken system like sloads or some skills, which have no counter...thats it..we write at forum to fix. Big difference with QQ bla-bla.
    So, don't describe everyone like those players with sick ego and attitude to gameplay.
    Edited by Anethum on August 4, 2018 1:22AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dream of the day when there is no classes, Just skills.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really doubt that will happen though man
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I really doubt that will happen though man

That's why its a dream. (but maybe it could happen...) =D

Hope springs eternal.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    i was there and i can say there are too many nb in bgs. sometime i am the only one visible player in my team. sorcs? i dont care about sorcs its an easy frag for me when i am on my mdk

Stam NBs were last patch. Right now they’re all hiding from the sloads. They’ll be back next patch though, stronger than ever.

Stam NBs + mag sorcs represent about 60% of BG players though.

Idk about that 60%. It seems like I see nearly as many DKs atm as I do sorcs. Sorc is probably the most played BG class rn, but it definitely feels like DK is a close second.

What server / platform are you on?

I have 50 min queue times so my # of games played isn’t as high as it uses to be.. but I’m looking at numbers in the ultra-high MMR range. Lot of sDKs and stamdens and magblades in the low MMR matches when I queue on my alts.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was there and i can say there are too many nb in bgs. sometime i am the only one visible player in my team. sorcs? i dont care about sorcs its an easy frag for me when i am on my mdk

Stam NBs were last patch. Right now they’re all hiding from the sloads. They’ll be back next patch though, stronger than ever.

Stam NBs + mag sorcs represent about 60% of BG players though.

Idk about that 60%. It seems like I see nearly as many DKs atm as I do sorcs. Sorc is probably the most played BG class rn, but it definitely feels like DK is a close second.

What server / platform are you on?

I have 50 min queue times so my # of games played isn’t as high as it uses to be.. but I’m looking at numbers in the ultra-high MMR range. Lot of sDKs and stamdens and magblades in the low MMR matches when I queue on my alts.

50 min que? Wow, on PC EU I'm easily in a Match in a handful of minutes, but I play here in the range from afternoon - early evening, can't tell about real offtimes.

However, I encounter a lot more sorcs and NBs than DKs, who in turn are more common than templars and wardens. But I couldn't tell that there are much more sorcs than NBs. It's about even between them this patch, while last patch I encountered more NBs in BG and Cyro. I won't be surprised when sorc numbers decline/ NB's rise again within a month in the next patch tho.

But yeah, at the moment these two specs are most common and rune cage + the whole forum ramble do their parts in this. Tell the masses that X+Y is so OP, repeat it a few times and see how those things will become more and more common. [E: note that I'm not saying that Rune Cage in it's current form is fine or balanced, this is just a general statement]

Same thing works the other way around. In the time where the forum was filled with "PvP = burst or bust" I did very well on DoT builds. Now some people grasped that bleeds are quite a nice vary from the burst meta and the "Bleeds OP" opinions are springing out of the bottom.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 4, 2018 9:01AM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Apparently the new bs is sorcs wearing sloads. Just faced off against a team with two sorcs. Both wearing sloads.
    What's sad is that these players probably think they have some sort of skill...playing the easiest class wearing the most cheesy set ever made.
    And before you say sorc isn't easy, check out Mystick Ravens video where he goes 18k/3d on a sorc. Dude is a average at best PvP streamer, yet he goes in and slayed on a sorc.
    Add sloads on top of the best battlegrounds class...overkill. Takes zero talent.
    If you are on a sorc running sloads, just know you're bad.

https://youtu.be/Hzj5dmoQSYo

This is just a low mmr match most likely.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on September 15, 2018 7:03PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    sorc is indeed a bit overtuned and "easy" m ode class. big shields to avoid dmg on hp, safe distance to poke people, and 2 executes to KS/secure kills...
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorc is indeed a bit overtuned and "easy" m ode class. big shields to avoid dmg on hp, safe distance to poke people, and 2 executes to KS/secure kills...

@gannicus1389
    Can you tell me which skills proc the RNG mag (!) passive execute without being potent enough to finish the job on their own? And while we're add it, how common are those skills that fit in that pattern?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 8, 2018 2:39PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc is so ridiculously easy to play..... it's super mobile, high aoe and dot damage, best stun in the game, and great sustain.... it's a joke lol
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    2 bg with stam sorc, and i got an achiev i think i'll never get with my main stam dk: 4 killing blow in a row.
    There is just too much finish with this class. makes it overperforming in bettleground.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LtBottle wrote: »
    2 bg with stam sorc, and i got an achiev i think i'll never get with my main stam dk: 4 killing blow in a row.
    There is just too much finish with this class. makes it overperforming in bettleground.

Sigil + leap = quad kill
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@gannicus1389
    Can you tell me which skills proc the RNG mag (!) passive execute without being potent enough to finish the job on their own? And while we're add it, how common are those skills that fit in that pattern?

Stam sorc: Caltrops, any bleed, a blocked spin2win, hurricane, streak, melee light attack
    Mag sorc: Wall of lightning, liquid lightning, boundless storm, streak, crushing shock, lightning staff light attack

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc is so ridiculously easy to play..... it's super mobile, high aoe and dot damage, best stun in the game, and great sustain.... it's a joke lol

Now we're at stam sorcs? Great. This feels so much like the ramble about the mag counterpart. "best mobility! highest single target burst! best stun! great sustain!"Who shall it be now? Can't be both.

@gannicus1389

Stam sorc: Caltrops, any bleed, a blocked spin2win, hurricane, streak, melee light attack
    Mag sorc: Wall of lightning, liquid lightning, boundless storm, streak, crushing shock, lightning staff light attack

Partly right. Since I mainly asked about the mag part (since gannicus1389 said "sorcs OP, shields, range, 2 executes), we can put the finger on that.

A ) how often do you see people use WoL, LL and BS in battlegrounds? That's arguably a rare happening. If so, *** happens. Can't count how often I died to other parts of RNG damage in this game, which is far more common.
    B ) I doubt that crushing shock or streak won't kill you when you are in implosion proc range.

A 15% health threshold. What's the average no cp health pool? I'd see it ranges from 19-23 on no-tank setups. So 15% means anything between 2.85-3.45k remaining health for my guess of the avg hp. If you can't kill someone with (a weaved) crushing shock or streak then maybe it's your magsorc build.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we're at stam sorcs? Great. This feels so much like the ramble about the mag counterpart. "best mobility! highest single target burst! best stun! great sustain!"Who shall it be now? Can't be both.

@gannicus1389

Partly right. Since I mainly asked about the mag part (since gannicus1389 said "sorcs OP, shields, range, 2 executes), we can put the finger on that.

A ) how often do you see people use WoL, LL and BS in battlegrounds? That's arguably a rare happening. If so, *** happens. Can't count how often I died to other parts of RNG damage in this game, which is far more common.
    B ) I doubt that crushing shock or streak won't kill you when you are in implosion proc range.

A 15% health threshold. What's the average no cp health pool? I'd see it ranges from 19-23 on no-tank setups. So 15% means anything between 2.85-3.45k remaining health for my guess of the avg hp. If you can't kill someone with (a weaved) crushing shock or streak then maybe it's your magsorc build.

You must not play bgs. If you do, then you're not paying attention. Sorc is number 1 for both stam and mag. Easily.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@gannicus1389

Implosion is a bigger issue with Stam sorcs, that’s true. And they lack a class spammable or dot (unless counting hurricane) so I’m OK with it.

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@gannicus1389

You must not play bgs. If you do, then you're not paying attention. Sorc is number 1 for both stam and mag. Easily.

Ah, okay. Now do you think this whole kill stealing issue (via wrath or passive) is a scoring issue that should not lead to gutting a class but to a better thought out and fair scoring system - or are you all for changes to skills because of that issue?
    And naturally it's normal that some classes shine in special environments more than in others. Or shall we change NBs now because they are arguably excellent in open world PvP and PvE?

@gannicus1389

Implosion is a bigger issue with Stam sorcs, that’s true. And they lack a class spammable or dot (unless counting hurricane) so I’m OK with it.

Thanks. My point was only that implosion isn't really an issue on mag sorcs.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 9, 2018 8:15AM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently magsorcs are ruining BGs, but as @Chilly-McFreeze has stated both RC, and Mage's Fury are getting nerfed next update so I would suggest to calm down, and reevaluate the situation next update.