The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for " ESO Live: August 3 @ 6PM EDT"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: August 3 @ 6PM EDT. Join us for ESO Live this Friday as we talk to Lead PvP Designer Grand Warlord Zimmeron (Brian Wheeler) about the new Battlegrounds map, Keep Recall Stones, unique PvP rewards, and more coming with the Update 19 base game patch. But that’s not all! Throughout the show, a crack team of ESO developers will be queuing up for Battlegrounds matches on the Public Test Server, so if you’d like to take on the devs at their own game, patch up the PTS now to prepare.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always a good time when Wheels is on the show.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will they address MMR system concerns at all? That would be super helpful as it's become a bit of a pain point for experienced battleground players.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very interested in hearing more about keep recall stones. In particular, in what ways is it preferable to death porting? New pvp players and more casuals won't be interested in dropping 20k AP on a single use port and seasoned players can certainly afford it if they choose to, but are very quick and efficient with death porting if necessary to move around the map.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also address what to do for high mmr players who simply unable to play bgs now.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just pvp then, no worries... that freed up an hour :)
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not play on live?

Worried about performance issues or something else?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please address mmr problems and please make sloads take skill to land like velidreth or infernal gaurdian
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Will they address MMR system concerns at all? That would be super helpful as it's become a bit of a pain point for experienced battleground players.
    Cinbri wrote: »

Proof of mmr issues
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Why not play on live?

I get what you're saying here....but the live server wouldn't have the new BG map they are showcasing for the show.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please talk about the mmr system and why solo Qing takes 10+ mins for me on high mmr characters
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Proof of mmr issues
    Solo/duo/etc. it look like this:
    que.png
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very interested in hearing more about keep recall stones. In particular, in what ways is it preferable to death porting? New pvp players and more casuals won't be interested in dropping 20k AP on a single use port and seasoned players can certainly afford it if they choose to, but are very quick and efficient with death porting if necessary to move around the map.

There have been a few times since they were announced that I have been in situations where they would have been nice. For example: I was riding from Aleswell to Ash and was about halfway there when the assault on Ash was finished and the keep was taken. At the same time, someone called out enemy on the front door of Arius. As it was I had to either continue riding to Ash or turn around and head to Aleswell. Both options ended up with Arius flagged before I could get to a transit. With the recall stones, I could have instantly ported there from between the two keeps and helped in the defense.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Proof of mmr issues
    que.png

fh5c.jpg

Why you waited 1H :O try to leave then requeue, sometimes ... it work :P
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Proof of mmr issues
    que.png

fh5c.jpg

Not an option for high mmr characters.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Why not play on live?

I get what you're saying here....but the live server wouldn't have the new BG map they are showcasing for the show.

That makes sense but isn’t what they said. He’s just going to talk about the new map. They might not even play it depending on the RNG of which map they get.

They should do an actual representation of their pvp on live severs on stream.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Proof of mmr issues
    que.png

fh5c.jpg

It not helping in this case at all.
    Edited by Cinbri on August 1, 2018 7:30PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Proof of mmr issues
    que.png

Holy cats on a fence and here I am thinking my eight minutes is bad. I would literally stop playing BG if that happened to me.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Proof of mmr issues
    que.png

Holy cats on a fence and here I am thinking my eight minutes is bad. I would literally stop playing BG if that happened to me.

It will happen to you eventually if you keep playing and are any good. :( ZOS pls to help
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

There have been a few times since they were announced that I have been in situations where they would have been nice. For example: I was riding from Aleswell to Ash and was about halfway there when the assault on Ash was finished and the keep was taken. At the same time, someone called out enemy on the front door of Arius. As it was I had to either continue riding to Ash or turn around and head to Aleswell. Both options ended up with Arius flagged before I could get to a transit. With the recall stones, I could have instantly ported there from between the two keeps and helped in the defense.

True, that is a good situation to use the stone. If you're just out there earning AP, you likely lost AP on that deal. The D tick may or may not give you back the 20k you spent and that's only if the keep is actually defended. This may end up being a way for more hardcore players and groups to shave seconds or maybe minutes off of the travel time and that may be reason enough for the inclusion. I'm still wondering if it's something that a lot of players were asking for? I never liked the idea of deathporting as giving an advantage to dying isn't something I am in support of. I just don't think this is the solution, at least not at a 20k cost. It really has to be worth it to start using these multiple times a night. At least with a 20k forward camp, 20 players benefit from a single investment. This is 20k per player and if not everyone in the group is using it, you split your group up by porting.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix Artaeum broth?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This outta be an enjoyable episode :smile:
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy there is a new BG map for those who like it... but what about a new (Cyrodiil size) map for those of us who prefer
    large scale? Could we please.. please get one of those???
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to know how reliable these keep recall stones are gonna be, disconnected five times last night when reviving at a keep, has ZO$ extended their love of RNG to server connection when reviving?
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler Will my current MMR be transferred over to PTS?
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭

Proof of mmr issues
    que.png
    This was @Pimod a few weeks back :D
    Screenshot_20180629_170942.png
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll be touching on the current MMR issues during the show tomorrow.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We'll be touching on the current MMR issues during the show tomorrow.

That's great to hear! I haven't yet spent enough time in Battlegrounds for this to be a huge issue for me, but it's been pretty disheartening knowing that my reward for sticking with it will be a longer queue.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will any talks on artaeum broth (it's been a bit since an update) and it's intended function and cc issues be addressed?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to know how reliable these keep recall stones are gonna be, disconnected five times last night when reviving at a keep, has ZO$ extended their love of RNG to server connection when reviving?

I'm waiting to hear stories of players using keep recall stones then getting stuck in long/infinite load screens during the port. Even better if someone making the horse ride and not using the stone actually arrives before you get out of that load screen. It's bad enough when you hit these load screens already. Paying 20k AP for the privilege would be quite infuriating. You're paying the AP to save a minimal amount of time. Any of that time spent in a loading screen is completely wasted.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will faction locks or loyalty incentives be discussed? Last time we heard that they were watching numbers and was thinking about possible solutions can we get an update on this?

I can live with the sloads issues but seriously Rune Cage that's just broke. Any CC that lasts for 5 seconds removes any chance of a counter. Sorcs literally have 4 seconds to unload macroed light and heavy attack damage. Doesn't this just seem stupid to someone in your office?

Server performance update. The server can't seem to handle the numbers even before the event started but after summerset was released the server performance is single digit frames with a 1070 video card. This is crazy dumb and we all would like to know what's being done to fix it.

What about the glitched walls?

Is PVP in ESO going to get the attention it should have or are the players just simply left with no other choice but to leave?