The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcs - Do you use the Active Effect of Bound Armor?

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
Curious, do you use the 3s of 20% increased block mitigation?

Sorcs - Do you use the Active Effect of Bound Armor? 232 votes

Yes (Mag)
7%
SkuaDracaneAstridalainjbrennanb16_ESODanteYodascrzorzTheHsNgeonsocalTasearBloodPawscrjs1mikemaconDCanadianBaconzsbanTheeBradshaww1ck3dl0velySparr0wTheUndeadAmulet 18 votes
Yes (Stam)
3%
six2fallbarshemmsevomd69ThannazzarflamesingJobooAGSDoobZ69colossalvoidsLord_Sando 9 votes
Yes (Both)
3%
Donnasnowheart_ESOpod88kkToc de MalsviTyrobagYubariusXxMissAlycexXNightfall12 7 votes
No
85%
fastolfv_ESOSolarikennexxus_ESOvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514ItsMeTooClansman2013DeadlyRecluseMisterBigglesworthCaligamy_ESOarasysb14_ESOCresBigBraggInklingsotis67JsmallsopajWuffyCeruleiCoatmagicBam_Bam 198 votes
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I guess I'll use it the day I respec as a tank...
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I miss the look it gave my vamp.
    PC-NA
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes (Both)
    Occasionally as a tank
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Mag)
    yeah, I definitely miss those glowing purple eyes - looked very cool on my very clean looking altmer...

when I can remember to time it correctly, I think it helps...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 31, 2018 11:03PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my tank, sometimes. No on my Stam and Mag sorcs.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, stam, when I accidentally fat finger it.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @starkerealm @geonsocal @Tyrobag

Do you use the Stamina cost or Magicka cost morph?

How would you react to the Active Block Mitigation being available to only the Magicka Morph? And the Stamina Active (Armaments) being re-purposed? (Say... to a stamina spammable?)
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 31, 2018 11:41PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For tanking, you want the Magicka morph, because dumping stam right before blocking is a terrible idea.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I dislike accidently pressing it and wasting stam
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Mag)
    my mag sorc is in all light, so i use bound aegis for minor ward and resolve...i'm only using hardened ward as a shield - so, I have to find ways to boost my resistances...

I do try to actually block some aoe, or direct damage when I'm thinking about it...so it helps some...

for my stam sorc, he's in all medium, and, again the minor ward and resolve help out some...I just leave it slotted for the resistance help and extra magicka (helps a little with dark deal)...

I'm also using mighty chudan on both characters...

I don't know - after reading what I just wrote - maybe best not to do what I'm doing...

new forum rule of thumb: do the exact opposite of whatever I'm doing, in order to be successful :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why?
    It's totally useless for mag Sorc - that omg 20% blocked damage increase for a solid 3 seconds. Yeah, give me two!
    It's slotted because of passives: +8% mana, minor Phys and Spell resists, and +20% HP and Stam recovery

Pretty sure, same story would be for any other spec, even for tanks.

@geonsocal
    OP asked about active effect
    Edited by SilverWF on August 1, 2018 12:02AM
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes (Mag)
    On a magsorc.. at low levels yes or i die.. Later i might switch it out..

Hang on i might have the magicka morph.. Don't play sorc very often it bores me.
    Edited by DanteYoda on August 1, 2018 2:29AM
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Stam)
    I use it in pvp if I get hit with an incap
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Mag)
    Only because I'm a rare sorc tank, and even then it's pretty useless.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Fairly useless.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every thing is dead before I need to block.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only because I'm a rare sorc tank, and even then it's pretty useless.
    Sorc are very versatile, tank/DD or healer/DD. but no I don't want my sorc healer in vet dlc with weak tank or normal trials

Remember an vet tempest pug with 4 sorcerers, the 4 Khajiit pug was weirder, random normal, the non Khajiit goes offline and we kick and get another Khajiit. Puurrrr.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yet another in-game disappointment brought to you by the devs!

Why? Just to make magsorcs even more of challenge to be useless?
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't even bother having it slotted anymore..
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. Only for passive reasons. 3 sec of blocl it crap
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, I only ever used it for its passives.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Only slot it for passive
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Another skill destroyed by muppet ridden tinkering :/
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see what the findings of the poll would provide.

If you want to know if I like the recent changes to the skill the answer is yes. It is no longer a toggle required on both bars and required to be active.
    Edited by idk on August 1, 2018 4:55AM
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    well.. sometimes I use it by accident when a bar swap failed :D
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I dont like the changes. I use it on my stam sorc in pvp for the passives ofc and the effect on it was really cool. And i still use it on both bars and no one has enough time to activate the skill before the incoming damage. And no one wants to burn more stam for 20% more dmg mitigation. And i also lost minor resolve.....

A change no one asked for.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Mag)
    While playing in my cheerful Sorc tank, I have found it to be quite useful. Thou it's important to watch timing. That 3 sec window is quite small. Still it's quite intriguing play style. I feel quite engaged playing it.

My healer hasn't used it but might be interesting in sày on final boss in vDSA or some other off tanking situations.

Not sure of any situations worth the costs for dps, but maybe would be nice in PvP? Haven't tried but could be interesting?

P.S looking forward to seeing what others say.
    Edited by Tasear on August 1, 2018 6:40AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Aside from niche spec tanks its useless.

Let it empower frags, now there's an idea :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Stam)
    Its nice for fights where you know you will be getting hit hard for some time, like the poison boss in SCP and Minotaurs in Bloodroot Forge. Other than that, where you know you will be using it, I find it very hard to use effectively. Mostly there for the stats. The beauty of the change, however, is that before I had no active and had to slot it on all 3 of my bars. Now it is only on 2 and I can slot a skill I was sorely missing before. So overall a positive change but the active itself is underwhelming. I wish it did an AOE attack, silence or taunt if a certain amount of damage blocked.... a Sorc can dream....
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk @DoobZ69

I'm tryin' to think of a Sorc Stam Spammable. One method was to have Bound Armaments function as one.

Still keepin' all the passive +5% Max Stam and +11% Light Attack passives for slotting it, but the Active being the player swinging a Bound Sword at the enemy dealing Physical Damage. (Summoning a sword in the midst of the animation of swinging, all spell-slinger like)

(This would mean that the Base Damage of this Spammable would need to be a tad lower than other Spammables to offset the Max Stam and Light Attack Damage Bonuses. I need to get some Good StamSorc parses using the current Meta Setups to give a good estimate on the actual Base Damage though).

My End-Game suggestion would be this:

-Place Bound Armor in the first skill to unlock in the Daedric Summoning Skilline.
    -Remove the Active Effect from Bound Armor, And replace it with passive Minor Resolve/Ward
    -Place the old Active Effect of Bound Armor onto Bound Aegis
    -Turn Bound Armaments Active into the Sorc Stam Instant Spammable.

It shouldn't be a total upgrade apart from the passives it provides, allowing players to actually keep it slotted as a passive effect and slotting other Spammables if they so desire for different Damage Application routes.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 1, 2018 7:36AM