The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Trove and Cunning Scamps: What is the secret?

imnotanother
imnotanother
✭✭✭✭✭
These are a few of the last achievements that I need for the Imperial City.
These things are terrible to farm/hunt. What are the secrets?
Is the AD side still bugged? Is the EP area the best?

PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like everything else, you must make blood sacrifices to the almighty RNGesus.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The secret it patience and a high tolerance for boredom.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP area is the best. The large rectangular room to the left of the EP 'camp' has a spawn point in the upper right corner. You'll find 3 regular scamps there (that's how you'll know you are in the right location). One spawns from that point. heads down the stairs and then heads to the far end of the room. It took me about 20 minutes. The first scamp was a cunning scamp and the next one was a trove scamp.

They spawn and take off at a run right away. The window is about 15 seconds to kill it. Easily doable. Don't blink, or you'll miss it.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patience is the key

It will start to run, then it will stop and try to open an escape portal, you MUST interrupt it or it will disappear.
    You can bash it to interrupt it. Range interupt probably works but never tried it.
    It will run again and the second time it stops to make a portal you wont be able to stop it unless you kill it first.

I did it on my AD main. Ther are 3 areas or blocks of room in each faction's areas of the sewars.
    A couple of the spawn points in one area of AD sewars are bugged, the other 2 areas are fine.
    Each area has 4-5 spawn points.

I got mine in about 4 hours by camping one of the unbugged rooms it spawns in and keeping the room clear of mobs.
    You dont want those mobs interfering with your ablity to kill the scamp
    Edited by Katahdin on July 31, 2018 11:26PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • stormzlord
    stormzlord
    Soul Shriven
    Check out: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/397957/a-comprehensive-imperial-sewers-guide

The guide is fantastic. Two of us got 3 trove scamps and 1 cunning in about 45 minutes on the DC side.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I spent over an hour camped out in the sewer near DC's base were I believe I've seen a scamp spawn before. After wiping the nearby enemies on countless respawns as well as the sweeper twice with a little help, I still had not seen a single scamp. Either that spot is no longer active, or I had bad RNG. In any case, as it doesn't affect earning the title, I've decided there are much better things to spend my time on during a PvP event.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I spent over an hour camped out in the sewer near DC's base were I believe I've seen a scamp spawn before. After wiping the nearby enemies on countless respawns as well as the sweeper twice with a little help, I still had not seen a single scamp. Either that spot is no longer active, or I had bad RNG. In any case, as it doesn't affect earning the title, I've decided there are much better things to spend my time on during a PvP event.

This is how I feel about the battlegrounds achievements (the 25 metals). I have the title from last year but I hate battlegrounds so not going to bother with that one.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »

This is how I feel about the battlegrounds achievements (the 25 metals). I have the title from last year but I hate battlegrounds so not going to bother with that one.

25 medals are pretty easy to get tho, you can even be bad and get assists and still get the achievment
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    The secret it patience and a high tolerance for boredom.

That is pretty much ESO in a nutshell... :smiley:
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. Boredom is definitely the killer in this one. Getting 100 of each Scamp is an overkill.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know if this is a thing but everyone I ran into has spawn in after a flag boss has walked though the room and left
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP is easy. It spawned in the first of 2 rectangular rooms ( though I’ve heard it spawns in both rectangular rooms a a square one. It spawned after a good lil whole of waiting. Kill everything in that first room and just wait. Takes an hour or so. Go with someone pref on voice to help pass the time. It’s easy. Just takes time.
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    Secret? Secret is don't even bother. It's waste of time like Master Angler is just for the title.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It took me 1 week to get both achievements :)

Yes, few places in AD side are bugged. The best solo farming spots are near EP base.
    Just watch the timers to not miss any scamp, and do more interesting stuff between scamps spawns ;)
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be down there for a while, do some farming.

Check the locations where they spawn for your faction on google (there are maps) and just move around, between spots farming npc.

put some tunes on and be prepared for a few hours work. you may be lucky and find one quickly.

Be prepared to put a ton of damage on it. you dont want it running a way.

Meanwhile I will be lurking in the shadows on a gank-fest :)
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*