The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Main reason you sub for ESO+?

• Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It's all of the bonuses taken together. I might sub just for the craft bag and bank space, but I wouldn't feel good about it, because storage is a ZOS-created problem. However, packaged with the other benefits, I feel as though I am getting something "extra" for my monthly payment.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    I think most of us that sub realized long ago that I cost much less to just buy the DLCs outright. The only reason I sub is the crafting bag and would not play this game without it.

Clearly the poll says the same.
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I enjoy the Crafting Bag, DLC access AND Crowns. Those Crowns per month are just a nice bonus I guess. It's kind of a packaged deal tho...get ESO+ and you get all three. Not terrible...much worse it could be..
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All of the above bonuses but crowns are an important part to look at imo because you actually get a decent amount aside all those awesome features. The way I look at is this (based on prices here):
    5500 Crown Pack = $40
    9000 Crown ESO+ = $78 (6 month sub)

So I can buy 11,000 crowns, and get 2000 crowns more for only $2 more. But then I think of the value of the 2000 deficit and I can safely say losing 2000 crowns for the bonuses is totally worth it.

I also have one of the big clan halls for a house so I appreciate double decoration space like you wouldn't believe. Craft bag is convenience, but quite frankly I could live without it these days, storage is abundant.

As for the DLC access, I use this as a way to gauge if I want to end up buying the DLC or just get it from the sub. If I like the product I'll invest more.

I think ESO+ is simply the best value for your money even if you get less crowns out of it :)
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Revi_Nightfire
    Revi_Nightfire
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I sub to support the game I adore <3
    Revi Nightfire | Imperial Nightblade | Daggerfall Covenant | PC NA
    Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Feel free to add me if you have questions. @Revi_Nightfire
    Need a Friend? Best Friend? Dungeon Partner? Farming Buddy? Geeker Outer? Add me :]

#Loremaster #Elderscrollsfanatic #Sweetrolls 

• moesmaker
    moesmaker
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    None of the above. I sub because nothing comes for free, it's a good thing to support this lovely game with a monthly fee.

The ESO+ perks are a bonus on top of that.

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double Bank space
    Really its multiple things like dyes, crowns and others but double bank space is my main...
  • Elanymire
    Elanymire
    Other
    Everything is useful some things more than others. But dlc/craft bag/various 10% boosts/bank space are more than enough to justify the cost to me.

If I am totally honest though I've been subbed since the second day i played.Given how much I play it 15 per month will hardly break the bank. By day 2 I am usually able to tell if i will be playing long enough to make the subscription worth it.

People on these forums give zos a lot of flack for being money grabbers and while some items are expensive to buy the upside is the collection system which allows you "split" the cost between however many characters you play.
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All of the above.
    PC EU
  • Selthia
    Selthia
    ✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    Mainly the craft bag, but the DLCS and crown stipend too.
  • Cybrdroyd
    Cybrdroyd
    ✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    I'm all about the crafting, so the craft bag is indispensable to me. Free DLCs are nice too. I spend my crowns on cosmetics usually.
    The road leads ever onward...

• YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    all of the above
    ESO+ offers alot for 13€? a month (3 month sub for me)
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All the reasons you listed and a few not listed.....also to more directly support the game since I enjoy playing it.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To support a game that has given me untold hours of fun but the other things are a nice perk (especially craft bag, gawd it sucked before that was introduced).

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    The crafting bag, and too a lesser extent the double bank space, then the story DLCs
    as the crafting bag allows me to have alts not mules playing with bank manager add-on

and for the cost a 3 high street coffees (which I hate anyway) it is well worth it
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    Kinda disappointed, there's no all of the above option.
    213.png

Edit: sure there's other, but not all of the above.
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on August 1, 2018 9:44AM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Hiskias
    Hiskias
    ✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    In about 3 days after trying out the game, my bank and bag were full of crafting materials and I hated not being able to loot everything I found. So, since I've always paid subscription for every MMO I've deemed worth playing, it was no big deal to pay for this one, too. The game is also good enough that they deserve to be supported, and the other subscription perks - especially the full DLC access - don't hurt, either.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    Honestly tho, from a business perspective, the craft bag is amazing.
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Because I was sold on a sub game, and I remember that even if ZOS seems to have forgotten it.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    I support the game for multiple reasons. The Craft Bag, DLC, more bank space, more gold...... are big reasons, but I also support this game, because it's giving us all a fun place to join our friends/make new friends and leave RL behind for a couple of hours. I only wish. It wasn't so laggy during peak hours and in busy areas.
  • Athrael
    Athrael
    ✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    Mostly crafting bag, having double space in house(furniture) and bank is nice too.
    Having double transmute stones is also nice but not that important.
    Khajiit didn't do it.
    EU Server
    Rajirra Quickpaws - Stamblade DD & Tank
    Licks the Hist - Magblade DD & Healer
    Smells like Eggshells - StamDK Tank & DD
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    Obviously.

Also, as secondary, but not main, reasons: 1500 crowns per month and DLCs
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Yeah, you kinda needed an 'All of the above' option...
  • Bodži
    Bodži
    ✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    Craft bag primarily but also access to DLCs, also double transmute and bank space are nice touch. Even if you would remove everything else and leave only bag+DLC I would still sub. In case of only craft bag without DLC... I would think if I would pay this (I dont know from this point if I would sub it).
    Why walk when you can ride?
  • Saluka
    Saluka
    ✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    Craft Bag. You're limited and severely annoyed without it.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    craft bag and times 2 housing
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Basically, all of the above.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    The game feels absolutely broken to me without the craft bag. I certainly enjoy a few of the perks that come along with it but they're just extra bonuses for not having to deal with the horrendous inventory management. Since launch, I've left the game twice for a good chunk of time because of this.

I've finally come around and don't have a problem with subscribing because It's an MMO and it's the only way I can financially support the game without feeling like I'm being ripped off. The overpriced crown store, gambling crates and their associated funny moneys aren't an option for me anymore.
  • Doc45
    Doc45
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    To support the game, but, as a hoarder, I really appreciate the craft bag and extra inventory. I play enough hours each month that it's a very inexpensive form of entertainment so would still subscribe without the other benefits. If I was only playing a couple hours on the weekends, I'd rethink the subscription but would probably keep it since even just the crowns given offset the cost and allow for the eventual purchase of the DLC or many other things.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag
    Craft bag
    Dying costumes
    Double bank space