Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Voted to kick you

• Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    I'd rather see the ability to remove players from a group REMOVED (in dungeons and trials only). Those of you incapable of dealing with low skilled players should be more tolerant, less of a ***-trump-hairdo, and l2pn.

Removing low level, unskilled players is far from the only reason this game has a kick function.

Not to mention that it is entire reasonable to kick a player from a group that has queued for content that they are clearly incapable of handling. No one should be forced to carry someone who is dead weight.
  • SP39EMC2
    SP39EMC2
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your comments.
    Peace :)

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just supports my theory that ZOS actually likes to stir hostility between players. I'm starting to wonder if this is a massive social experiment.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Long ago I decided that all synonyms are really the same thing with different letters.

Like I told the last person to correct my word choice, "You understood what I said enough to suggest another word, so you understood what I said in the first place"

This says it all. The affect is the same.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Beeeeeeep* The group you're currently trying to reach has disconnected you from the match. Please leave a hate filled whisper after the beep. *Beeeep* You Mu&*5TRes*@#!
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well seems like you need a care bear stare :trollface:

care-bear-stare-meme-generator-kill-it-with-care-bear-stare-061fbc.thumb.jpg.ce14fa26a0abd2db005329fee8001f58.jpg
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SP39EMC2 wrote: »
    Your group members voted to kick you from the group.
    Instead of "kick" why not "remove"
    Just saying...LOL!

Kick is fine...We shouldn't need to change our "words" to make you feel better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuEQixrBKCc
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of comments about how it doesn't matter about which words you use; I can't say that's my experience IRL, but I guess YMMV and all that.
  • LizziAS
    LizziAS
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Just saying...LOL!

How about ...

It's not you it's us

Probably the only time that phrase would be spoken and true
    -Signature Removed-

• LizziAS
    LizziAS
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather see the ability to remove players from a group REMOVED (in dungeons and trials only). Those of you incapable of dealing with low skilled players should be more tolerant

Removing low level, unskilled players is far from the only reason this game has a kick function.

Yes, there are arrogant players who think they can solo the dungeon but wont do it solo and so they run ahead killing all the small bosses without you, denying you your share of the boons from those kills and then they expect you to work with them to kill the one boss they cant kill by themselves. Thieves like that should be kicked straight away. And when i see them, i vote them out or leave.
    -Signature Removed-

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • LizziAS
    LizziAS
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Yes, i have those. I am suffering from ptsd and depression. That's why i stay out of cyrodil and imperial city and avoid PvP at all costs.

I only go for skyshards and try to ab\void other players at all costs. But yes those arent the only triggers in the game
    -Signature Removed-

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vometia wrote: »
    A lot of comments about how it doesn't matter about which words you use; I can't say that's my experience IRL, but I guess YMMV and all that.

It's one of the pet themes of this forum. GIFT theory and all that. :smirk:
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What i find funny is all these twerps saying its not a big deal... Until they get kicked and then its super offensive...
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    * your group decided they are better off without your ass
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    vometia wrote: »

It's one of the pet themes of this forum. GIFT theory and all that. :smirk:

Whats wrong with giving gifts or presents?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • beebay
    beebay
    ✭✭✭
    If someone says they want to “remove me” from a location then I’m like “ummm ok whatever” but if they say they want to “kick my ass out” well then boys, “dems fightin words”. Just ask that one bouncer who thought he was a bada$$.
    Context matters. OP prob feels they were unfairly removed from a group and the term “kick”
    just adds insult to injury.
    I personally don’t care that it says “kick” but I can see why some do.
  • Battle_Hymn
    Battle_Hymn
    ✭✭✭
    The term 'you have been kicked' has been used for decades across countless games.Has the snowflake generation really got so sad that they are outraged at the term?
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish it said "you've been removed from the group for being worthless". Anyone else?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord, please tell me this doesn't actually bother you or offend you in any way, does it? If you're upset that you're group is voting to kick you, and furthermore getting upset that it says "kick", you may want to re-evaluate your playing style and how you contribute to groups.

Or the group you found were just a bunch of schlongs cause you did nothing wrong.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is always so fun to watch people cut others down for suggestions.
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    I'd rather see the ability to remove players from a group REMOVED (in dungeons and trials only). Those of you incapable of dealing with low skilled players should be more tolerant, less of a ***-trump-hairdo, and l2pn.

Not to mention that it is entire reasonable to kick a player from a group that has queued for content that they are clearly incapable of handling. No one should be forced to carry someone who is dead weight.

I removed my cp for a challenge, I did vcos on a stamblade without a problem, so no cp is fine, level isn't a problem
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “You have been democratically nominated as a burden to the group. It’s members have unanimously agreed that you are no longer able to perform your role, as such you have been terminated. Please feel free to apply again in the future”
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    LizziAS wrote: »
    Cadbury wrote: »

Yes, i have those. I am suffering from ptsd and depression. That's why i stay out of cyrodil and imperial city and avoid PvP at all costs.

I only go for skyshards and try to avoid other players at all costs. But yes those arent the only triggers in the game

If your ptsd gets triggered easily due to other players being around. Shouldn't you have a responsibility to not play these types of games. I have mild ptsd and Autism. But i never use it as an excuse and don't play online multiplayer games. You have a responsibility to your well being.
    phermitgb wrote: »
    Just saying...LOL!

I'm with you OP - wouldn't kill the community to use language that was more polite and encouraging and less demeaning.

On a vaguely related note, I don't know if they're still airing, but watch original Ninja Warrior vs American Ninja Warrior - basically the same structure, same basic competition layouts - but the demeanor behind the announcers/sportscaster and the competitors/crowds is entirely different.
    I find that Ninja Warrior is just a far more encouraging, positive show to watch, whereas the American Ninja Warrior is loaded with all the trash-talking-reveling-in-the-misery-of-your-opponent's-failure that is such a hallmark of America today...

and I speak as an American sick of American competitive mentality these days...

Japan is a very communal nation. You have to conform to the community or be ousted, japan focuses less on outward insults, but had no issues with talking about people behind their backs and black listing them.

America is more focused on the individual, the trash talk is more for show. And not taken seriously.
    phermitgb wrote: »
    I'm always surprised by the amount of energy and time some people spend INSISTING on their right to be a jerk to other people, when the same energy and time could be spent being nice to them. Or just could be spent on something else entirely.

People don't have to LIKE each other, they don't have to AGREE with each other - but we *can* dislike people and disagree with people without spending extra effort to be *** about it.

There's nothing, nothing, nothing wrong with spending a small, just a small, amount of effort, choosing words carefully to express an action or an intent without deliberately crafting it to be hurtful and offensive.

hurting people is easy and lazy - expressing opposition WITHOUT hurting them requires *some* effort - deliberately hurting someone as much as possible with your words actually takes extra effort and time - but we seem to enjoy that expenditure (or maybe it's the results that we enjoy) far more than the expense and rewards of being - not even nice - just not-*** - to each other...

but of course, I'm the problem

policing peoples words, is the worst harassment you can do. Think on that.... We live in a time that we are free to speak our minds. This was not always the case. Yet since the 2015, the sjw culture comes up and tries to police words, thoughts and emotions. Not everyone has to be nice to anyone. World needs balance to have true emotions. If everyone was nice, the world will be dull and robotic as there would be nothing to compare if something is good or bad.

the word "kick" is fine, and universally known. It is also grammatically correct as kicking a person out of a group is voting a person out. It is meant to be a negative, it means you did something people didn't like.

Sure some people abuse the kick option, but that is rare.
    Edited by Azuramoonstar on August 1, 2018 11:15AM
    Long time mmo player: 2004-[current year]
    Long time Elder scrolls player: Xbox launch morrowind.
    Follower of the dawn and dusk, keeper of the moon and star.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather see the ability to remove players from a group REMOVED (in dungeons and trials only). Those of you incapable of dealing with low skilled players should be more tolerant

[Edit to remove bait]

no thanks, it isn't always about low skilled players. In most cases it is about trolls and trolling. In most cases unless you wipe 8 times, people are not quick to kick out under skilled players. But there are players that go out of there way to be bad to troll groups for giggles. If the under skilled player asks questions, or is open to advice people don't kick them. If players are not asking questions, and not open to advice, in most cases it a troll.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    What i find funny is all these twerps saying its not a big deal... Until they get kicked and then its super offensive...

i've been kicked from content in mmo, it don't bother me.

the OP is talking about the in game message you get after you been kicked out of a group.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

the OP is talking about the in game message you get after you been kicked out of a group.

I know exactly what hes saying, people don't kick others here because someones bad they kick them because they can and are spiteful, they do it because it gets them off in their sick and twisted minds..
  • Battle_Hymn
    Battle_Hymn
    ✭✭✭

I know exactly what hes saying, people don't kick others here because someones bad they kick them because they can and are spiteful, they do it because it gets them off in their sick and twisted minds..

Errrm?Not sure if serious.But if you are ,do you need a hug?

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Good lord, please tell me this doesn't actually bother you or offend you in any way, does it? If you're upset that you're group is voting to kick you, and furthermore getting upset that it says "kick", you may want to re-evaluate your playing style and how you contribute to groups.

Or the group you found were just a bunch of schlongs cause you did nothing wrong.

Which happens more than it should.

It's not unusual for 3 ____ friends to get together and queue up for a dungeon and then abuse the kick function for their own trolling enjoyment.

One of a very few things I will report players for.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Errrm?Not sure if serious.But if you are ,do you need a hug?

Just honest.